Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 5:32 pm

There have been a few times that I joked that this thread's name should be changed to the PH clopfic request thread. This is one of the times I think the joke is more credible.

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza Sat May 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Borsuq wrote:Am I the only one that thinks that the old Blackjack would want to sleep with the new Blackjack?
It would happen.

Cogs!Jack x CloneJack x RoboJack x AlicornJack x StableJack x HappyhornJack x MareInBlackJack x DreamJack x Security

Let's do this.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Sat May 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Dutcher wrote:The only thing I can see happening is one big Blackjack orgy.
Odd, I thought the same... Though I think the old Blackjack would be kinda scared of the last one. But heck, she apparently had sex with Daisy, who was a monster of a mare. Who knows... Also, we would have to add Blankjack... and maybe Pregnant Blackjack, even though the baby will most likely end up in Glory or some other mare.
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat May 17, 2014 5:45 pm

You forgot the most important one of all

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Foe__equestria_project_horizons_blackjack_by_kalemon-d5aq0yk
DRUNKJACK

And I doubt Glory could carry Blackjack's baby; it's been stated the the surrogacy spell works best with a close blood relative, so unless Glory is also related to Twilight Sparkle...but I'm sure Glory will be the one-in-a-million one that works right because blackjack-ex-machina
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat May 17, 2014 6:04 pm

And... there's other reasons too...

Anyway, Blackjack would resent her older self because she'd remind her of her mother.  Responsible.  Capable.  Better.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat May 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Sure.  But Old Blackjack wasn't trying to become Midnight.  Blackjack was expected to take her mother's position, and felt immensely unqualified for it, and resented the expectation that she be better than she was.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Blackjack has always been self-loathing, just her time and actions out of the Stable has increased it.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Also very disappointed at lack of BlackjackxLittlePip lesbian tomfoolery
Besides the deliberately ambiguous potential foursome in Tenpony? :)

@Blackjack^n orgy:
Hahahahahaha! :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat May 17, 2014 8:00 pm

BTW... just finished watching the whole Madoka Magica series.  Now I can't stop imagining Blackjack as a magical girl...

Homura in particular...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat May 17, 2014 8:09 pm

Somber wrote:BTW... just finished watching the whole Madoka Magica series.  Now I can't stop imagining Blackjack as a magical girl...
Just with a much longer transformation time, and instead of a cool scene with lights and music, she gets stuff like radiation poisoning or invasive surgery, sometimes unanesthetized. Applebloom

Okay, so she got lights and music one time.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Somber wrote:BTW... just finished watching the whole Madoka Magica series.  Now I can't stop imagining Blackjack as a magical girl...

Homura in particular...
:D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 9:01 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:Also very disappointed at lack of BlackjackxLittlePip lesbian tomfoolery
Besides the deliberately ambiguous potential foursome in Tenpony?  :)

Garbage no one wants to hear:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat May 17, 2014 9:29 pm

swicked wrote:@Somber:
...what? Fresh from the stable Blackjack would resent present-day Blackjack?
I'm not sure I understand why. I can understand the other way around, but yeah...
I think if Future BJ walked up to Past BJ and told her what she would have to go through, Past BJ would say, "Uh, why ME?" I mean, sure, Past BJ is eager enough to bolt out of the Stable and lead Deus away, but she hasn't made all the bad choices that taught her hard lessons about caution and responsibility. She hasn't fallen in love and learned to tend to someone else's needs. She hasn't dug up all the filthy secrets of the past and had to face their consequences still reverberating two centuries later. Past Blackjack has a good heart, but she's ultimately a thoughtless, reckless, self-centered pony.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Sat May 17, 2014 9:31 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
I'm not sure I understand why. I can understand the other way around, but yeah...
I think if Future BJ walked up to Past BJ and told her what she would have to go through, Past BJ would say, "Uh, why ME?" I mean, sure, Past BJ is eager enough to bolt out of the Stable and lead Deus away, but she hasn't made all the bad choices that taught her hard lessons about caution and responsibility. She hasn't fallen in love and learned to tend to someone else's needs. Past Blackjack has a good heart, but she's ultimately a thoughtless, reckless, self-centered pony.
I have a feeling we are going to know why me in the next chapter.
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 9

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat May 17, 2014 9:59 pm

swicked wrote:
Somber wrote:BTW... just finished watching the whole Madoka Magica series.  Now I can't stop imagining Blackjack as a magical girl...

Homura in particular...
*looks up trailer for anime*
o_o
This is like Project Horizons how, now?
Trailers always lie. Madoka starts out looking like your typical cute magical girl anime, but it, um... let's just say there's a twist that would impress M. Night Shyamalan.
Madoka spoilers. Seriously:

Dutcher wrote:I have a feeling we are going to know "why me" in the next chapter.
I'm not even talking about anything that BJ may or may not have been chosen to do by higher powers. Future BJ does what she does by choice. Nobody's holding a gun to her head and forcing her not to agree to Hades' offer. She can't accept it because of who she has become and the responsibilities she has voluntarily accepted.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat May 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Last wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

Ah, good point. I was thinking only of the then-present, when I asked something along the lines of "Did they or didn't they?" and got something along the lines of a catface in return. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat May 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Last wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

Timeline's right, and even if it weren't she specifically thinks about "that night in Tenpony." That said, I disagree on the impossibility of A. Not so much that she'd never care, but more on the basis that this was a snap emotional response: her mind went straight to what was most important. I will agree, though, that I haven't considered the foursome particularly ambiguous in quite some time, roughly since the return from Hightower and the resolution of the Stygius affair. Even there, though, leaves some possibility, however doubtful, on the basis that circumstances matter, and those situations are far enough apart to drive a semi through.

SilentCarto wrote:
I think if Future BJ walked up to Past BJ and told her what she would have to go through, Past BJ would say, "Uh, why ME?" I mean, sure, Past BJ is eager enough to bolt out of the Stable and lead Deus away, but she hasn't made all the bad choices that taught her hard lessons about caution and responsibility. She hasn't fallen in love and learned to tend to someone else's needs. She hasn't dug up all the filthy secrets of the past and had to face their consequences still reverberating two centuries later. Past Blackjack has a good heart, but she's ultimately a thoughtless, reckless, self-centered pony.
This is all very true. But I'd echo Somber to add that even if Stable Blackjack didn't know that the New Blackjack she met was her or all she went through, there's the fact that New Blackjack pushes for and expects a lot from the people she meets. She wants everyone to do better, and that's not really on Stable Blackjack's agenda for all of the reasons you said. She is, basically, an adolescent who resents authority's expectation—and in her case tied up nicely in her mother's—that she be both capable and willing to grow into who she needs to be to be a productive member of her society. And although there isn't too much conscious resentment of that, her failings and her attitude are a source of strain between them, and that's in no small part because of how inadequate those expectations make her feel. So with a meeting with New Blackjack probably pushing those same expectations on her—that she put forth the effort to do better than in the past contribute to making a better world—I'd expect the same feelings to arise.

But on that note, isn't it great that we're basically reading a story about someone growing up and becoming her mother?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 11:05 pm

@Icy (Sorry, I don't like quoting after they get a certain size.)

I will at the very least agree that Glory was the person she snapped to, even though I don't agree that BJ would have failed to mention the other two members at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun May 18, 2014 12:15 am

Icy Shake wrote:But on that note, isn't it great that we're basically reading a story about someone growing up and becoming her mother?
:D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun May 18, 2014 12:55 am

Except she really isn't, though. While she has many of her mother's good qualities now, she isn't afraid to openly question authority. Her mother never would have questioned Luna like Bj did.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun May 18, 2014 1:31 pm

That always seems to get ponies in trouble, questioning authority

*notices that my name is in the top posting users this week*

Well then...granted, on another forum I have over 17,000 posts...that took three years

too much free time

Isn't there some unspoken rule of the universe that all females grow up to be their mother?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun May 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Idea: AU Where instead of BJ leaving the stable, her mother did.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun May 18, 2014 2:34 pm

She'd be a little smarter than Blackjack, but probably have done what her hare-brained daughter did anyway
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun May 18, 2014 2:49 pm

No.  Her mother would never have left 99.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun May 18, 2014 4:38 pm

I have a few more questions of curiosity to ask Somber and the editors about.

When planning out the story, you said you had an ending in my when I asked you about the story's development previously. How far ahead had you planned prior to writing Chapter 1; for example Deus freaks when Blackjack calls him Doof, and in Chapter 2, Hoss' terminal entries mention a black pony who I assume was Psalm. And Rampage is namedropped pretty early on too, and Twilight and Big Macintosh are shown together in the first memory orb, and she was pregnant too at the time.

How did you create Goldenblood? He's always reminded me a bit of David Xanatos from Gargoyles.

Was it always planned for Cognitum to be a Mr. House/Nightmare Moon combo? I was disappointed with Luna's rather background death in Fallout Equestria, was there a similar reason behind your creative decisions?

And since I'm really nuts about them, how did you come up with the Marauders as a group and individually?I assume Big Mac and Steelhooves being in the same platoon together was a source.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun May 18, 2014 5:20 pm

That'd be telling though, why ruin the surprise
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Mon May 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Last wrote:I will at the very least agree that Glory was the person she snapped to, even though I don't agree that BJ would have failed to mention the other two members at all.

Last wrote:members

Heh heh heh...

okay yes I'm twelve years old
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Nope. A twelve year old would have also quoted the part where I said I didn't like quoting after they got a certain size.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon May 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Before or after Blackjack gelds them?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Mon May 19, 2014 6:57 pm

Homura in particular...
I binge watched the first two movies about a month before the last movie came out (in the US, so like Octoberish)

Then I saw this a few days later https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnGESq_CiQY#t=0m22s

I haven't seen the last movie yet, but Blackjack and Homura have at least one thing in common...
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next