Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sun May 04, 2014 6:09 pm

SilentCarto wrote:All right! Finally have all my other commitments out of the way and a nice chunk of time to dedicate to this.

Let's rock!

Execute Order 66:

Editing:
Ah, thank you.

SilentCarto wrote:You know things have gotten epic when mere megalomania seems rather petty.
:D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Borsuq Sun May 04, 2014 6:12 pm

Last wrote:
Borsuq wrote:Zebras, like the Crusaders and every other fanatical religious group, just wasn't allowing themselves even the tiniest moment of doubt. None of them ever went "Oh shit, what if we're wrong?"

But even without religion Nightmare Moon was a threat in a lot of their lifetimes. To Ponies and Zebras it was proven to be more than a fable, they witnessed her return. Why would they ever believe Luna was anything else?  

It goes further than religion. Luna as far as they're concerned is Nightmare Moon with a haircut and even without religion Nightmare Moon was an awful person, her sister thought so, and I can assure you she didn't subscribe to the zebra religion.

I just can't bring myself to fault them in the way you could, even if I did think that NMM was their main motive. I really don't, and I find it hard to believe the ponies were able to make that sepration without knowing her personally.

My blame tilts towards Celestia, as an experienced ruler and older sister she handed off her problems for someone else to solve. That doesn't make her a good example of either.

... huh.

Well, maybe you have a point. Still though, ponies seemed to be able to tell Luna and Nightmare Moon apart. I cannot recall seeing in Memory Orbs ponies speak of her as if she was NMM. And if we look back to original FoE, we see Steelhooves having an episode while discussing that issue with Xenith and not believing that they couldn't tell those two apart.
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun May 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Last wrote:My blame tilts towards Celestia, as an experienced ruler and older sister she handed off her problems for someone else to solve. That doesn't make her a good example of either.
Spoilered for Brevity:

Last edited by Scienza on Sun May 04, 2014 9:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Sun May 04, 2014 6:48 pm

I agree with your theory regarding golden blood, I believe he was also the one hijacking BJ eyes.
I bet we can find all those little hints through out the story.
Borsuq wrote:
Silver136 wrote:
RoboRed wrote:With the people you hang out with on TS, I'm surprised you still can be disturbed. Spike

ANYWAYS, OFFTOPIC...

Umm...yeah...

I'd have to say that one of the things that interests me the most about this latest chapter is that "shadow world" observation that Blackjack had of the gang and them running into Cognitum-jack. I really want to know what happened on their end, and moreover, why Glory was crying.
I'm pretty sure she was crying because BJ was finally back. If you remember, everyone thought she was dead and Glory was trying to find a way into the Core to try and find her. Probably tears of joy.

P.S.  I came out of lurking before it was cool!  :D

It's said there, and I quote: "Clearly, Glory wasn't happy". Though... it could be that she wasn't happy with Blackjack once again wanting to go save everybody just after she got back.

Which means Cogs is pretending to be Blackjack, which means Rampage is cunt for going along with that, and I am looking forward to P-21 blowing the shit out of her as soon as Blackjack will catch up with them, even if Blackjack will tell him to stop. Which to me would be.... ugh, look, Blackjack begging Rampage to help her and her ignoring that and just walking the freaking away after assuring her that she will make sure Cogs keeps her word and lets her go was about the most hurtful thing for me in the previous chapter. I really hope Rampage will suffer some consequences for that!

I cannot help but have a bad feeling that the reunion won't be so happy for Blackjack, though... which is a pity, as, given how much peril they all already are in I think we could skip more drama. But oh well.

On another topic, since now we have confirmed that Goldenblood is alive and kicking... was it him that send Blackjack that message back when she and Stygius were attacked in his house and signed it as "Spike"?

And on another hoof; when Luna explains how she was to blame, how she could surrendered to save Equestria... look, it might be just me being atheist, but am I really the only person who puts the entire blame on zebra for the Wasteland?! I mean, sure, I know that ponies were to blame for it too, but the whole reason why zebra's escalated the war was because they couldn't tell a freaking difference between Luna and Nightmare Moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look, despite being atheist, I do have respect for religions. One of my friends from high school was an altar boy in catholic church and despite having different opinions on a lot of things we got along. But I think those parts of religion that cause you to go on a slaughter spree, like the Crusades, the today's islam's terrorism (read an article about a 14 year old boy who's in prison for attemting to suecide bomb police station or something... for the second time, and didn't regret a thing, saying that Allah demanded the infidels to die) are about THE MOST IDIOTIC THINGS WE CAME UP WITH AS A SPECIES!!!

So yeah, to me it will always be the zebra's believes on the first place on the list of "Who's to blame".
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 9

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Sun May 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Wait... Isn't BJ a maiden now?
Edit: sorry for the double.
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun May 04, 2014 6:59 pm

Dutcher wrote:Wait... Isn't BJ a maiden now?
Edit: sorry for the double.
We touched on this a little while ago. As a clone, she probably physically has her hymen again. Then again, as Dr. Morningstar put it, "Virginity is all in the mind." (And on that note, I'd love to see more of her. She's my favorite minor character since Crumpets).
Karazu wrote:So I was doing some thinking, as I am wont to do, and had a little thought: What if Cognitum didn't actually kill anyone when she was beam sniping?

Blackjack did notice that she had impressive special effect skills when shown the potential destruction of the Core. Is it possible Cognitum simply used this skill to trick Blackjack into thinking all those places were destroyed?

Just a theory.
Intriguing, though I'm not sure that fits with what we know of her character. Cogs has thus far proven that she's capable of incredible ruthlessness in the pursuit of her goals. She did demonstrate that she's very skilled with projected illusions at the Flash Industries building along with her skill at laser-inflicted violence, which would be an astounding moment of foreshadowing 35+ chapters in advance.

Also, your avatar is giving me massive waves of nostalgia.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Sun May 04, 2014 7:37 pm

So i guess BJ is the maiden of stars?
Amadi said that it's not cog, and the EoS already said that BJ is the chosen one.
That is if virginity is not only in her mind.
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Mon May 05, 2014 12:24 am

Scienza wrote:
Karazu wrote:So I was doing some thinking, as I am wont to do, and had a little thought: What if Cognitum didn't actually kill anyone when she was beam sniping?

Blackjack did notice that she had impressive special effect skills when shown the potential destruction of the Core. Is it possible Cognitum simply used this skill to trick Blackjack into thinking all those places were destroyed?

Just a theory.
Intriguing, though I'm not sure that fits with what we know of her character. Cogs has thus far proven that she's capable of incredible ruthlessness in the pursuit of her goals. She did demonstrate that she's very skilled with projected illusions at the Flash Industries building along with her skill at laser-inflicted violence, which would be an astounding moment of foreshadowing 35+ chapters in advance.

Also, your avatar is giving me massive waves of nostalgia.
Just to quickly add to this, I had given thought to that possibility.  Then after Discord came I decided that he got the power he needed to move Luna's soul from the outcry that Cogs caused.  Did anyone else think this?  I would be surprised if he pulled that off with only the power he had, as I'm pretty sure he mentioned that even if he tried, he couldn't even leave Boo's body let alone do something quite that powerful.

Also, since everyone else seems to be doing it, I'll just say that I'm here since at first I just kind of jumped in without anyone noticing.
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 05, 2014 1:55 am

Scienza wrote:Celestia

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon May 05, 2014 9:45 am

Last wrote:
Scienza wrote:Celestia

Spoiler:
It's true that I'm probably severely rationalizing Celestia's irrational actions to make it more palatable to an avowed fan of Princess Bootylicious such as myself. To a large extent, it's the headcanon I want to believe rather than the one that I know to be true.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon May 05, 2014 10:58 am

*insert Dark Souls 'Praise the Sun' picture*
Would if I wern't at work.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon May 05, 2014 3:30 pm

[img]https://servimg.com/view/18844376/7][GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 18 212fc111[/url][/img]
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon May 05, 2014 5:14 pm

According to skype, Happy Birthday Somber.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon May 05, 2014 6:00 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:According to skype, Happy Birthday Somber.
That reminds me, we need to see a picture of somber's avatar with a party hat and horn.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon May 05, 2014 6:03 pm

My birthday isn't for a few more weeks... but thank you.

Also, welcome new lurkers.  Sorry.  I lurk myself here too.  Sometimes so many people is a little intimidating some days.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon May 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Oh, happy birthday, Somber!
Happy birthday in a few weeks, Somber! :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon May 05, 2014 7:07 pm

swicked wrote:"Bootylicious" o_O
You know that's totally what Celestia calls herself in the morning while looking in the mirror, along with affirmations that she does, in fact, still got it.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Mon May 05, 2014 7:30 pm

Borsuq wrote:And on another hoof; when Luna explains how she was to blame, how she could surrendered to save Equestria... look, it might be just me being atheist, but am I really the only person who puts the entire blame on zebra for the Wasteland?! I mean, sure, I know that ponies were to blame for it too, but the whole reason why zebra's escalated the war was because they couldn't tell a freaking difference between Luna and Nightmare Moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look, despite being atheist, I do have respect for religions. One of my friends from high school was an altar boy in catholic church and despite having different opinions on a lot of things we got along. But I think those parts of religion that cause you to go on a slaughter spree, like the Crusades, the today's islam's terrorism (read an article about a 14 year old boy who's in prison for attempting to suicide bomb police station or something... for the second time, and didn't regret a thing, saying that Allah demanded the infidels to die) are about THE MOST IDIOTIC THINGS WE CAME UP WITH AS A SPECIES!!!

So yeah, to me it will always be the zebra's believes on the first place on the list of "Who's to blame".

I thought that the primary cause of the war was Equestria's growing dependence on Zebra coal to fuel their industrial revolution. Wasn't the whole Nightmare Moon thing was a ploy to unify the Zebras against Equestria, much like your example of terrorist organisations twisting religion to recruit followers willing to die for their cause? 
Maybe I'm just a super atheist   Big mac 
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Mon May 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Silver136 wrote:
RoboRed wrote:With the people you hang out with on TS, I'm surprised you still can be disturbed. Spike

ANYWAYS, OFFTOPIC...

Umm...yeah...

I'd have to say that one of the things that interests me the most about this latest chapter is that "shadow world" observation that Blackjack had of the gang and them running into Cognitum-jack. I really want to know what happened on their end, and moreover, why Glory was crying.
I'm pretty sure she was crying because BJ was finally back. If you remember, everyone thought she was dead and Glory was trying to find a way into the Core to try and find her. Probably tears of joy.

P.S.  I came out of lurking before it was cool!  :D

What if Glory is crying because Rampage told her about Blackjack's "fate"?
This really don't look good... last time she thought Blackjack died...
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon May 05, 2014 9:03 pm

swicked wrote:
Scienza wrote:
swicked wrote:"Bootylicious" o_O
You know that's totally what Celestia calls herself in the morning while looking in the mirror, along with affirmations that she does, in fact, still got it.
She is not a stereotypical middle-aged black woman and has more than enough suitors to not need that sort of self-affirmation.

Stuff that ends in "-licious" is more Twilight's territory.
We just spent many paragraphs discussing her emotional insecurity in the FoEverse.

Also, she's bootylicious.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon May 05, 2014 9:08 pm

In my headcanon, the war wasn't just religion.  The Caesar was extremely weak when he came to office; was elected in a 4,3,3,3 split between the thirteen tribes AND the deciding vote was cast by the Starkatteri.  It's sort of like having Hamas decide an election.  So the Caesar used the conflict to build up his support beating the war drum of patriotism and speciesism.  When Luna came to power, it wasn't that serious... but it was there.  And The Caesar played that up as much as he could.  When the zebra were accused of nearly assassinating Princess Celestia and killing Big Mac, the zebra feared that Equestria would crush the zebra empire in retaliation, as many ponies wanted to do just that.  The war turned particularly nasty, and the idea of Luna as a tool of the stars really gained traction.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Mon May 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Somber wrote:In my headcanon, the war wasn't just religion.  The Caesar was extremely weak when he came to office; was elected in a 4,3,3,3 split between the thirteen tribes AND the deciding vote was cast by the Starkatteri.  It's sort of like having Hamas decide an election.  So the Caesar used the conflict to build up his support beating the war drum of patriotism and speciesism.  When Luna came to power, it wasn't that serious... but it was there.  And The Caesar played that up as much as he could.  When the zebra were accused of nearly assassinating Princess Celestia and killing Big Mac, the zebra feared that Equestria would crush the zebra empire in retaliation, as many ponies wanted to do just that.  The war turned particularly nasty, and the idea of Luna as a tool of the stars really gained traction.
So were economic tensions or ideological differences more to blame for the start and progression of the war?
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon May 05, 2014 10:12 pm

@Swicked
You spend a thousand years eating fattening dirt-pony cakes while having your figure judged by mobs of jealous sycophants and see if you come out without any physical insecurity.

Though it depends on how many calories are burned by sun-lifting. She doesn't seem to fly regularly, so exercise is an unknown factor.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon May 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Politics set things up.  Economics set things off.  Nationalism and ego kept things going.  Religion pushed things to 11.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Mon May 05, 2014 10:20 pm

@Somber

Thanks for the insight.
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon May 05, 2014 10:34 pm

I'm talking about the physical insecurities of an immortal cartoon horse in an argument initiated by the word "bootylicious".

At which point did I indicate that I wasn't joking?
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon May 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Aye, she's fantabulous beyond her booty. I mean, seriously, the Gala episodes showed that the Equestrian nobility pretty much sucks just as much as any real-world aristocracy, so the fact that Celly was able to prevent them from all offing each other in a fight over some shoes is actually incredibly impressive. Though, Canterlot is in effect a giant Versailles.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon May 05, 2014 11:33 pm

I'll try to keep this short, but I'll say my interpretation of the abdication is closer to swicked's than Scienza's. If nothing else, I'd expect something motivated by a rational judgement that she was less capable of governing than Luna would involve a more structured transfer of power than "effective immediately, she's in charge." On the point that Goldenblood only needed to make some soft pushes against her ego to keep her from interfering, I'd go one further: that was probably all he could do—or at least all he felt safe doing—because if he pushed back hard enough for her to try to force her way to Twilight, her seeing his treatment of her beloved mentor would likely cause a real morale problem at a level the Ministry apparatus may not have been able to handle.

Interestingly, the FoE governance model of Celestia having complete control and Luna being a space filler whom Celestia may occasionally listen to has been borne out pretty well by seasons two through four so far (and the comics). Luna has only ever appeared in a personal capacity, sometimes didn't even show up to things you'd expect her to even if only as a figurehead (e.g., the royal wedding), and in the only instance she tried to affect a government decision on screen—the season three premiere—Celestia's response wasn't so far from "who said you get an opinion?" So as far as the blame game goes, I'd say that likewise weighs against her: part of the problem was that, contrary to what she said was how they were meant to be upon Luna's exorcism by the Elements, they did not rule together, which deprived them of the ability to share the infrastructure and responsibility of governance, and incidentally facilitated the Nightmare Moon propaganda of the late war period.

Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Mon May 05, 2014 11:35 pm

/slowpoke
Unedited Chapter Reactions:

Afterthoughts::

Icy Shake wrote:
“Not instantly, though.  I’m a soul jar, albeit a flawed and improperly prepared one.  I should last long enough to get Blackjack back.  I might even survive.  Wouldn’t that be a laugh?” he said hollowly.  “Once we do have the body, though, how do we get Blackjack back inside?”

So was the thing last chapter just an act? A necessary move to save himself? This doesn't sound like a guy who has nothing left but necromancy.

Remember? Discord put him back together.

Icy Shake wrote: hell, I love your sketches and have made a habit of saving them off to a readily accessible file.
Any chance that’s a publicly viewable gdocs file or something?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon May 05, 2014 11:53 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Icy Shake wrote: hell, I love your sketches and have made a habit of saving them off to a readily accessible file.
Any chance that’s a publicly viewable gdocs file or something?
It is now. Roughly, it's in blog format, with page breaks between (what I believe were) separate instances of him publishing them, in reverse chronological order.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next