Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+50
The Tainted One
Twilightrose42
The Truth
Boing
Luminous Lead
CD
Katarn
OneMoreDaySK
TyrannisUmbra
MSCA
Tytan
Technowolf
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Dekshuduph
Meleagridis
ChaosDX1
chinman
Borsuq
skibadaa
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Rayndalf
FoolNeim
Retl
Evilgidgit
Shady
Harmony Ltd.
Scienza
CrispyBit
Aonee
Train Dodger
Stringtheory
TheWanderingZebra
StoneSlinger88
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Silver136
WavemasterRyx
Downloaded Skill
Somber
Derpmind
Exodus Hero
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
Moodyman90
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Vergil
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
54 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Evilgidgit Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Loud_Taffy wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:If Somber can find a way he and ya'll can agree to make something fit, he will cause we've seen it before, but it'll be a name check if anything at this point.
Still, would be interesting to see Maud Pie's influence of the story at large, but tis a tale for another day short of massive retcons and rewrites to make them fit into PH, and I don't see that happening.

Maybe Maud was involved in Goldenblood's rock club, and was killed at the school. That's why Pinkie started using Mint-all's and eventually created PTM.
Hi, there, Loud Taffy.  Lyra 

That could work well, although Pinkie's first taking of mint-als was seen in a memory orb by Blackjack earlier in the story, and that was caused by Twist gave Pinkie some peppermint sticks with the zebra herbs in them.

Speaking of call backs, I wonder what anyone's headcanon for Cheerilee is, since we last saw her in chapter six, and head of the education department of the MoP right?
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:30 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Going back to Maud Pie, she puts forth some interesting questions now. Like how did she react when her little sister was on PTM or did something pertaining to Maud drive Pinkie to using them more. And more related to PH, as an expert on rocks, was she brought in to examine the moon rocks or was she not around for some reason or another?
And, more pertinent, I'd say: what happened to stop Pinkie Pie from trusting her?  Again, unfortunately, I don't think that she can be made to fit.  If Somber did figure out a way, though, I imagine that it would be awesome.
Sadly, Maud never met Ministry Mare Pinkie Pie. At the time that Littlehoof was bombed and Princess Celestia abdicated the throne, Maud and a crew of expert geologists were searching for coal-bearing deposits out beyond the southern badlands. In the night, a hillside they had all assessed as stable spawned a tremendous rockslide that buried the camp and killed the entire expedition.

Spoiler:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Loud_Taffy wrote:  Maybe Maud was involved in Goldenblood's rock club, and was killed at the school. That's why Pinkie started using Mint-all's and eventually created PTM.
Hmm. At her age, she would have to have been staff rather than a student, but that could work. Then again, the way the Mane Six were insulated even from each other, Maud may have already been getting the stonewall treatment (heh) even before Pinkie got heavily addicted.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loud_Taffy Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:55 pm

It's so quiet in here.
Loud_Taffy
Loud_Taffy
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name: Loud Taffy
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Loud_Taffy wrote:It's so quiet in here.
Probably pre-release blues, or at least that's what I call it. The silence before the new chapter is released and discussion begins anew.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Silver136 wrote:
Probably pre-release blues, or at least that's what I call it. The silence before the new chapter is released and discussion begins anew.
I got the notification that the forum updated and I thought it was because the chapter updated but now I'm just disappointed.
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Exodus Hero wrote:
Silver136 wrote:
I got the notification that the forum updated and I thought it was because the chapter updated but now I'm just disappointed.
Sorry to dissapoint, but now you see why I call it pre-release blues!
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Loud_Taffy Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Exodus Hero wrote:
Silver136 wrote:

sorry.
On a happier note, I just posted some new songs on my YouTube channel if'n you want to take a look.
Loud_Taffy
Loud_Taffy
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Since people complain it's quiet... To pass the time as we wait for the next chapter (and mind you, it's 1am on my side) I would like to use those few hours before the next chapter comes out and ask a question that has been bugging me for some time: why do I hate Steel Rain sooooo much?

Most villains have some redeeming qualities that make them relatable, or at least something that makes them worth some form of respect. Sometimes villains are even the most interesting characters to read about. But Steel Rain... does he have any good qualities, and I am just not seeing them? The only instance where he had something that could make me like him was at his introduction when he came to Stronghoof's rescue... and then I began to dislike him like half a page later.

I am not saying, of course, that there aren't fictional characters that you just can't wait to see them fail. That is, after all, the villains's most basic reason for existance in the storyline. But seeing how Project Horizons' villains we had so far (Deus, Sanguine, Lighthooves) turn out to have their reasons for turning up like they did... and even before that, I liked Deus for his, what's the word... lethaly? Let's go with that... and Sanguine for this 'crazy scientist' thing he had going (those are always interesting). Lighthooves rescued Blackjack and Glory at one point. So what is it exactly in Steel Rain that made me at least twice on this blog post wish him the most painful death imaginable? To make him my 3rd most hated fictional character ever (after Ciri from Witcher [2nd] and Garrosh Hellscream from World of Warcraft [1st])?

Is it because he gloated over my most favorite character Blackjack when she was blind and at his mercy? Because he showed no remorse when she spared him after Dawn offered to kill him? Because when he later met her at Sociaty's Grand Galloping Galla he was an ass? Because in the previous chapter he was talking about dismantling her legs (brrr, bad memories of a certain chapter!)?

So I am using those last hours before the next chapter comes out (where it will be highly probable he will get axed off (cross my fingers!) to ask if I am simply biased by the above mentioned reasons and I am simply not seeing anything good in Steel Rains, or I am right and he is there to just be hated?
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:46 pm

Well, brushing has been going reasonably well, but things just keep coming up; it looks like we're not getting it out this weekend, either. Sorry.

On the bright side, Somber thinks that it might reach fifty pages.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:49 pm

Yeah, it's like that a lot now. Before the thread started producing more spam than your average Hormel plant (sorry for my role in that, by the way), it was livelier; now, it goes through stretches of activity and sedation, with the latter often happening more pronouncedly in the days before a new chapter goes up.

O. Hinds wrote:Well, brushing has been going reasonably well, but things just keep coming up; it looks like we're not getting it out this weekend, either.  Sorry.

So, slightly shorter than an average Murky chapter?

Chapter Forty One Running Thoughts:
Chapter Forty One Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Forty One Editing:
Other Chapter Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:58 am

Hey guys, I think BJ just got a new ball gown...
For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils spoilers:

Borsuq wrote:Most villains have some redeeming qualities that make them relatable, or at least something that makes them worth some form of respect. Sometimes villains are even the most interesting characters to read about. But Steel Rain... does he have any good qualities, and I am just not seeing them? The only instance where he had something that could make me like him was at his introduction when he came to Stronghoof's rescue... and then I began to dislike him like half a page later.
Steel Rain strikes me as someone with good ideals, but he's completely off base as to how to get there. He's been seduced by Cognitum's promises of peace through technology and superior firepower, though he seems to be regretting that by now. And worse, he's a pragmatist; unlike Stronghoof, he lacks a sense of honor that would prevent him from doing a little evil for the greater good.

But I think he really does want the best for the Wasteland. It's just that as a Steel Ranger, presumably from birth, he tends to think that every problem looks like three inches of case-hardened steel. He seems to take the idea of "better life for ponykind" seriously, but like most Rangers, he tends to look down on Wastelanders as violent barbarians (which isn't entirely incorrect...) who need to be swept aside to make the land safe rather than the very ponies who need to be taught a better way of life.

I think he's capable of enlightenment, if he chose to take off the blood-colored glasses he's wearing, but I don't think he's going to. Even if you took him for a walk down the middle of Chapel, with everypony working together and living in peace, he would still sneer at it as a bunch of ramshackle huts just waiting for a raider band rather than a group of good ponies doing the best they can with what little they have.

That's the impression I get from him, anyway.

swicked wrote:So, did anything happen between you and Bronode after Somber and I left?  Spike
Bow chicka bow wow?[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Unsuresweetie
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:47 am

Icy Shake wrote:
Yeah, it's like that a lot now. Before the thread started producing more spam than your average Hormel plant (sorry for my role in that, by the way), it was livelier; now, it goes through stretches of activity and sedation, with the latter often happening more pronouncedly in the days before a new chapter goes up.

O. Hinds wrote:Well, brushing has been going reasonably well, but things just keep coming up; it looks like we're not getting it out this weekend, either.  Sorry.

So, slightly shorter than an average Murky chapter?

Chapter Forty One Running Thoughts:
Chapter Forty One Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Forty One Editing:
Other Chapter Editing:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

Icy Shake wrote:("momento" is the accent, right?)
What do you mean?

Icy Shake wrote:Note the use of "once I break," not "if I break."
Is it not glorious? :)

swicked wrote:So, did anything happen between you and Bronode after Somber and I left?
…Are you still trying to ship us? We talked about work on the chapter. That's all. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Loud_Taffy Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Anyone else think that last Mlp episode was weird as hell?
Loud_Taffy
Loud_Taffy
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:16 pm

I wouldn't call it weird but that's because I've seen the plot before. Pretty standard "get revenge, feel bad and fix what you done" episode.
But that does remind me that we haven't set up the tread for that episode yet. We're getting bad about that.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loud_Taffy Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:I wouldn't call it weird but that's because I've seen the plot before. Pretty standard "get revenge, feel bad and fix what you done" episode.
I don't know, It had a kind of off kilter vibe to it.
Loud_Taffy
Loud_Taffy
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:09 pm

swicked wrote:Shipping nothing.
All I remember is you two were arguing and then, all of a sudden, you two were decidedly NOT arguing anymore.
"Not arguing" to such a degree that Somber immediately called it a night and signed off :P
Because of a joke that broke through the argument, remember?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Loud_Taffy wrote:Anyone else think that last Mlp episode was weird as hell?
Well, I thought it was top-tier. Certainly one of the best of the season. The conflict was perhaps the best-framed they have ever written, I liked the "Christmas Carol" stylings, and I loved how Luna drew the connection between herself and Sweetie. Plus, it was written by--

DAVE POLSKY?!

I... I... Everything I know is wrong...

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Rarity10
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loud_Taffy Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:02 pm

I don't mean to clutter up this thread but if it’s not too much trouble I would be nice if some of you would listed to the stuff I’ve posted on YouTube. It’s all original work but it’s just side projects. Some feedback would also be appreciated.
Loud_Taffy
Loud_Taffy
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:09 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:("momento" is the accent, right?)
What do you mean?
It's spelled "memento," but the speaker has a moderate Neighvarro (I guess it could be Appleoosa . . . one of them, at any rate) accent that is sometimes shown through spelling.

swicked wrote:Shipping nothing.
All I remember is you two were arguing and then, all of a sudden, you two were decidedly NOT arguing anymore.
"Not arguing" to such a degree that Somber immediately called it a night and signed off :P
"Shipping nothing" as in "of course I'm not shipping you" or "shipping nothing" as in "it's not shipping if it's true"?
Because that's real easy to read as trying to foment the ship in the minds of the forum. (Not that there's anything wrong with that; we all have our hobbies, right?)  Spike
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Icy Shake wrote:It's spelled "memento," but the speaker has a moderate Neighvarro (I guess it could be Appleoosa . . . one of them, at any rate) accent that is sometimes shown through spelling.
Ah! I misread. Well, I think that that was likely a typo, but it's one of those happy typos that works.

Icy Shake wrote:"Shipping nothing" as in "of course I'm not shipping you" or "shipping nothing" as in "it's not shipping if it's true"?
Because that's real easy to read as trying to foment the ship in the minds of the forum. (Not that there's anything wrong with that; we all have our hobbies, right?)
My, has this started something? The irony is that swicked doesn't even like shipping much. …Or so he's been claiming. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Hey, like I said, we talked about matters relating to the work on the chapter. If you're reading things into it...

(Though I don't actually have the chat log anymore, I'm pretty sure that I would have remembered something of that sort. :))
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:30 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Hey, like I said, we talked about matters relating to the work on the chapter.  If you're reading things into it...

(Though I don't actually have the chat log anymore, I'm pretty sure that I would have remembered something of that sort.  :))
pun intended?
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:34 pm

No. What pun?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:47 pm

O. Hinds wrote:No.  What pun?
Reading things into it. You're reading the new chapter. I might be reaching but it was still funny to me at least :P
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:07 am

Ah. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:43 am

all this shipping. its glorious.... now im going to go lock Blackjack, LittlePip, Kkat, and Somber all in a closet together and record the results.
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:54 am

@Taffy
Not to guarantee a response or anything, but you might find more of one if you posted a link with the request - looking things up is several steps more effort than an average internet citizen wants to go through. Chat thread might also be a better bet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loud_Taffy Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Taffy
Not to guarantee a response or anything, but you might find more of one if you posted a link with the request - looking things up is several steps more effort than an average internet citizen wants to go through. Chat thread might also be a better bet.

Ahh thank you. For some reason this never occurred to me.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaMcnfbxm3DVk5dTZwMgxwA/feed
Loud_Taffy
Loud_Taffy
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:36 pm

@Taffy
First off, this is coming from a person who mostly listens to metal and rock and the like - though I'm not stranger to largely electronic music, most of my delving into that side of things comes through industrial (and Anup Sastry's stuff, but that has live drumming at least, and djent is meant to sound robotic anyway so the programmed guitars don't stand out AND they're high production value). That's my disclaimer.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next