Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+50
The Tainted One
Twilightrose42
The Truth
Boing
Luminous Lead
CD
Katarn
OneMoreDaySK
TyrannisUmbra
MSCA
Tytan
Technowolf
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Dekshuduph
Meleagridis
ChaosDX1
chinman
Borsuq
skibadaa
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Rayndalf
FoolNeim
Retl
Evilgidgit
Shady
Harmony Ltd.
Scienza
CrispyBit
Aonee
Train Dodger
Stringtheory
TheWanderingZebra
StoneSlinger88
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Silver136
WavemasterRyx
Downloaded Skill
Somber
Derpmind
Exodus Hero
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
Moodyman90
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Vergil
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
54 posters

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:58 am

I don't know much about the zodiac either, I'm afraid.  I quite possibly know more about the boat, really...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:01 am

I suppose I don't really follow astrology. I know my own, because that was one of the things we did in like... preschool, maybe? For birthday memorization or something? Anyway, yeah, 'fraid I won't be much help in learnin' them. I'd just Wikipedia it and come up with a mnemonic device or something if you're intent on memorizing them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:10 am

Not related to the current discussion and still not caught up. Did make an attempt to read through 62B today, made a very small dent in it.

spoiler for possible idiocy:

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:18 am

Luna damnit. i guess im boned
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:20 am

neoaustin wrote:Luna damnit. i guess im boned
You could have asked me almost any other astronomy question and I'd have am answer straight off, but its been a while since I've looked at zodiacs. I'll assume we're talking about Greek, but either way zodiacs!
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:23 am

So after looking at a couple zodiacs again really quick, I've come to the conclusion that BJ is Libra, the scales. Known for balancing justice, et cetera, et cetera.

Edit: Just looked at Scorpio again. "Fierce, allusive, and intense. Known for having a strong will letting them control their destiny." Hmmmm...

Last edited by Silver136 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:47 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Well, I'd guess Blackjack's a Pisces, because, y'know, I'm shameless and Go Fish. :P
I died laughing just now. Pisces is said to describe people who are reasonable, quiet, and basically make up P-21.  Spike
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:07 am

Let's see what Carl Sagan things of astrology.

...I'm the only one who thinks that's hilarious? Eh. Been watching old Cosmos episodes since the new series is coming out on sunday.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:40 pm

On an unrelated note, did we ever find out who the "he" in Blackjack's dream (Chapter 60)? Y'know, the mysterious male who (I personally believe is show-canon) Blackjack is going on a date with.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:27 pm

I tentatively submit this find before the PHCC: https://derpibooru.org/567533?scope=scpe0841d295fabaea897d9823d51b3cddaa96a7709a
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:31 pm

That downvote didn't take long.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Don't shoot the messenger, peeps. I don't like it either.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Yeah, I know. I hate those Daffy Duck vs the animator scenes so much.

Guys, there's a little bit too much sensitivity here. It's just a joke about how a meeting between somber and BJ might go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:24 pm

I don't. I was being sarcastic. I think the picture and those scenes are very similar. Except one's darker and has ponies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:55 pm

I think someone's downvoting you out of spite...
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:56 am

Is there some way to enable the controlled tag display thing on Derpibooru without getting an account? There have been so many images linked here that I've not been able to see.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:34 am

i found it rather amusing. mainly because of that back and forth they had. i want this done with other stuff.
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:36 am

btw i found something that i'd like to share with you all.

neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:52 am

neoaustin wrote:btw i found something that i'd like to share with you all.

Not half bad animation to my untrained eye, though isn't BJ's magic supposed to be white? Also I'm pretty sure magic effects don't cycle that fast in the show...
Anyway welcome to the forum, hope you stick around with the rest of us mad people!
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:18 am

Scienza wrote:On an unrelated note, did we ever find out who the "he" in Blackjack's dream (Chapter 60)? Y'know, the mysterious male who (I personally believe is show-canon) Blackjack is going on a date with.
Doof, in a pressed white suit, with a bouquet of flowers.  (I have no idea.)

RoboRed wrote:Don't shoot the messenger, peeps. I don't like it either.
If it's an image you don't approve of, you should probably make your position more clear in the initial post, so no one gets the wrong idea.

O. Hinds wrote:Is there some way to enable the controlled tag display thing on Derpibooru without getting an account?  There have been so many images linked here that I've not been able to see.
You should just be able to click on their [Grimdark] placeholder image (or whichever one shows up for you), and be taken straight to the actual image, sir, without having an account.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:38 am

...I'm not sure what you're talking about. Looking down the page, I see the website navigation bar, the donation request box, the tag and source area, and then the comments. Has this actually been a display error rather than an intended feature? I'll try a different browser...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:42 am

So, yeah, that worked. Thanks, Ryx!
...I have no idea why it isn't displaying properly here, but at least I now know a way around.

Though, in this particular case, it doesn't look like I was missing much.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:50 am

Oh, thanks.  I've figured out now, though, that Derpibooru actually works fine for me... just not in Safari, for some reason.

edit: ...There was a post that I was replying to with this, right? I wasn't just imagining it?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:12 am

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, thanks.  I've figured out now, though, that Derpibooru actually works fine for me... just not in Safari, for some reason.

edit: ...There was a post that I was replying to with this, right?  I wasn't just imagining it?
I'm glad I could be of assistance, sir. Hopefully you can catch up on some of the other images you've been missing then, eventually.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:14 am

Oh, I don't recall any in particular, but the next time such an image comes up, I won't have to try and deduce its content from the following discussion. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:50 am

neoaustin wrote:Random Question time? Which astrological sign do you think Blackjack, P-21, Morning Glory, and Rampage would each fit into? (yes i did just order them based on when they appeared in the story. answer the question.)
Are we talking about the day-of-the-year sign, or the constellation the sun was actually in when she was born? Because the planet has precessed about 35 degrees since 600 BC.  Aries allegedly covers March 21 to April 19, but the sun is actually in Pisces from March 11 to April 18!

Not to mention that you can't just slice up the year into equal-sized chunks, since some of the constellations -- notably Scorpio -- just barely touch the ecliptic at all. The sun crosses into Scorpio on November 23 and leaves again only six days later, on November 28!

Anyway, the descriptions provided for each sign are so simplistic they can describe most anyone. But, if I had to pick, I like Pisces. ^^

Or maybe Carina, the Ship's Keel. What? You say that's not a zodiac sign? Tell that to the boats!  Spike
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:49 pm

swicked wrote:
Derpmind wrote:Let's see what Carl Sagan things of astrology.

...I'm the only one who thinks that's hilarious? Eh. Been watching old Cosmos episodes since the new series is coming out on sunday.
Oh, he had a TV series?
I honestly didn't know who Sagan was before everyone was talking about his death, but I guess that explains my ignorance in this case.
Oh yeah, totally!  It was in a lot of ways the first sort of big public exposure to astronomy as something other than dry science.  He presented the universe as a beautiful, mysterious place that humans are heir to.  One of his more famous lines,discussing how every element heavier than helium ultimately was created by the fusion in the heart of a star, was "We are made of star-stuff." (sometimes misquoted as 'stardust')

The show is often poetic and a bit stoner-y in places, being a product of its time, but it had a huge impact on the public perception of our place in the universe.  In a lot of ways, all the astronomy shows you see on science TV channels now, anything featuring Phil Plait or Neil DeGrasse Tyson or any of those guys you see these days, are building on the foundation of Cosmos.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:26 pm

Derpmind wrote:Let's see what Carl Sagan things of astrology.

*leaps screaming to the DVR to make sure that records*
I almost forgot that was this week! Thanks!

FeatherDust wrote:One of his more famous lines,discussing how every element heavier than helium ultimately was created by the fusion in the heart of a star, was "We are made of star-stuff." (sometimes misquoted as 'stardust')
And also, “We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.”

...I'mma just leave this here.
A Glorious Dawn:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Aright 62b done.
editing:

augments:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Ah, thank you.

Last wrote:Think it'd be better if you lose one of the alls. Either one.
Eh… I disagree, sorry.

Last wrote:Launcher is at the begining of a sentence and should have a capital 'l'.
…It looks like it's inside the sentence to me. There are four words before it. I'm… not really sure what you mean here.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next