Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+50
The Tainted One
Twilightrose42
The Truth
Boing
Luminous Lead
CD
Katarn
OneMoreDaySK
TyrannisUmbra
MSCA
Tytan
Technowolf
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Dekshuduph
Meleagridis
ChaosDX1
chinman
Borsuq
skibadaa
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Rayndalf
FoolNeim
Retl
Evilgidgit
Shady
Harmony Ltd.
Scienza
CrispyBit
Aonee
Train Dodger
Stringtheory
TheWanderingZebra
StoneSlinger88
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Silver136
WavemasterRyx
Downloaded Skill
Somber
Derpmind
Exodus Hero
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
Moodyman90
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Vergil
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
54 posters

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:36 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote: and that's not what games are about, games are supposed to be fun.

That's not entirely true. Games designed to deliver a challenge are at least partially about balance. If an upgrade exists that gives you too much of an edge over your opponent in the game's in question then there's a problem. Not saying that either BJ's upgrades or that armor is unbalanced or OP or whatever term you would use as I still haven't reached that part in the story and I've never played Xcom so I lack first hand experience. But no I'd disagree while a game is meant to be a form of entertainment how certain games strive to entertain you is definitely different.

Deadrising let's you mow down wave after wave of mindless zombies. While games like Xcom test your wit and from what I've seen in some of those harder modes patience or stubborness depending on your outlook.

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:24 pm

This landed on my dash, and I felt it was kinda relevant to PH in general:

http://www.gr8writingtips.com/post/71236922727/writing-tip-700
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Scienza wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Scienza wrote:Speaking of Scorch, has there been any news regarding the FoE radio play, specifically, the next episode which I'm eagerly awaiting.
I've not heard anything.  Then again, I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter of the audiobook, so...
Same, but I've been forced to accept that it might not ever happen, since it's been exactly a year and a day since Chapter 25.
Why would he abandon the project, though?

Vergil wrote:Ch.36: "I tried imagining a blowing the card over."
Ah, thank you.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:This landed on my dash, and I felt it was kinda relevant to PH in general:

http://www.gr8writingtips.com/post/71236922727/writing-tip-700
:)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:49 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Scienza wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Scienza wrote:Speaking of Scorch, has there been any news regarding the FoE radio play, specifically, the next episode which I'm eagerly awaiting.
I've not heard anything.  Then again, I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter of the audiobook, so...
Same, but I've been forced to accept that it might not ever happen, since it's been exactly a year and a day since Chapter 25.
Maybe he lost steam or got involved in other projects which consumed all his time. There is the understandable fatigue of having twenty more hour long chapters to record and edit.

As I typed that, I realized that I was talking to one of the PH editmen who do that regularly.

Last edited by Scienza on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Last wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote: and that's not what games are about, games are supposed to be fun.

That's not entirely true.
Quite honestly I don't know why I bothered to read your message.  I guess I just keep forgetting why I put you on my 'ignore' list.

I still don't know why I bother trying to make comments outside of the chapter commentaries either...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Scienza wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Scienza wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Maybe he lost steam or got involved in other projects which consumed all his time. There is the understandable fatigue of having twenty more hour long chapters to record and edit.

As I typed that, I realized that I was talking to one of the PH editmen who do that regularly.
:)

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Last wrote:

Quite honestly I don't know why I bothered to read your message.  I guess I just keep forgetting why I put you on my 'ignore' list.

I still don't know why I bother trying to make comments outside of the chapter commentaries either...
I don't really know what this is about, but sorry, WavemasterRyx.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:44 pm

::Hugs Ryx and waves to everypony.:: I'm back home.  Christmas was... Christmas.  I told everyone what I needed and they insisted on buying me stuff instead.  >.<  Anyway... We're going to do some tightening up in book 4 before putting a fork in it.  Working in MDW so she's more fluid rather than an out of left field reveal, and I want to tighten up the end of best night ever.  Any other thoughts where we might tweak elsewhere?  We might not get to them but I like feedback when possible.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:53 pm

This might have been settled previously, but was "Big Daddy's Four Horses of the Apocalypse" the prototype form of the Top Ten?

Ch. 7 wrote:“He’s a Reaper. If he’s not killing somepony, he’s probably at the Arena.” I looked at my PipBuck… yup. ‘Hoofington Sports Arena’ was now on the map. If I wasn’t wrapped head to hoof in healing bandages I’d be screaming about how. “He’s one of Big Daddy’s Four Horses of the Apocalypse… and yeah. They really do call themselves that.”

They seemed important when they were initially mentioned, but they never returned again and I wasn't sure whether their continued inclusion is significant or not.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:55 pm

An idea that rotted on the vine.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Hmm detecting a theme with little errors here...

Ch.37: "They talked about imagining your magic as a breath pushing against a leaf; I was a least not a complete failure at that one."

Incidentally, Bj magic lesson time is best time.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:14 pm

Vergil wrote:Hmm detecting a theme with little errors here...

Ch.37: "They talked about imagining your magic as a breath pushing against a leaf; I was a least not a complete failure at that one."

Incidentally, Bj magic lesson time is best time.
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Somber wrote:::Hugs Ryx and waves to everypony.:: I'm back home.  Christmas was... Christmas.  I told everyone what I needed and they insisted on buying me stuff instead.  >.<  Anyway... We're going to do some tightening up in book 4 before putting a fork in it.  Working in MDW so she's more fluid rather than an out of left field reveal, and I want to tighten up the end of best night ever.  Any other thoughts where we might tweak elsewhere?  We might not get to them but I like feedback when possible.
*hugs back gently* Well I'm glad you were able to make it through the holiday, sir. I do hope the editing goes okay when you get started on it.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:27 pm

swicked wrote:
Scienza wrote:This might have been settled previously, but was "Big Daddy's Four Horses of the Apocalypse" the prototype form of the Top Ten?

Ch. 7 wrote:“He’s a Reaper.  If he’s not killing somepony, he’s probably at the Arena.”  I looked at my PipBuck… yup.  ‘Hoofington Sports Arena’ was now on the map.  If I wasn’t wrapped head to hoof in healing bandages I’d be screaming about how.  “He’s one of Big Daddy’s Four Horses of the Apocalypse… and yeah.  They really do call themselves that.”

They seemed important when they were initially mentioned, but they never returned again and I wasn't sure whether their continued inclusion is significant or not.
Probably Rampage, Deus, Gorgon and Bronze.
They were the four monster ponies he had, after all. They ones we knew fought as reapers.
Precious probably refused to fight outside of when Sanguine insisted she had to, and I guess phoenix pony might have done the same.
Bronze? Do you mean the mantipony? She was Brass.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:30 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Last wrote:

Not sure what I did to deserve that. Nothing I said in that was meant to insult somber or Xcom or PH or whatever it is that offended you there. in fact I went out of my way to explain I didn't read the chapter that whatever you were pointing out was associated with. I plan to at a point it just takes me a few hours to read a chapter (I need to go off and do somehing else (My attention span is way too low.) and I don't have a few hours everyday. Was the comparison offensive? Didn't mean PH was mindless fun like deadrising, just was making a comparison to two completely different games that have in the very basic sense something in common. Fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Hm, I think that there may have been a misunderstanding. Last appears to have perceived Ryx as not including good balance in "fun" while Ryx appears to have perceived Last as saying that games were about challenge instead of rather than in service to fun. As far as I can see, at least; hopefully I'm not making things worse.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:44 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Bronze?  Do you mean the mantipony?  She was Brass.
Same diff.
...Howso? Even if we weren't discussing people's names, they're different metals.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:58 pm

Somber wrote:::Hugs Ryx and waves to everypony.:: I'm back home.  Christmas was... Christmas.  I told everyone what I needed and they insisted on buying me stuff instead.  >.<  Anyway... We're going to do some tightening up in book 4 before putting a fork in it.  Working in MDW so she's more fluid rather than an out of left field reveal, and I want to tighten up the end of best night ever.  Any other thoughts where we might tweak elsewhere?  We might not get to them but I like feedback when possible.

Well there are two things that I remember having issue with when they came up. How Blackjack subdued Deus and that time Rampage got her head cut off but kept moving around.

For the first point Blackjack subdued Deus after a dazzling display of acrobatics that I think was a reference to something,  but she never displayed that much agility before. While I was reading it I was really brought out of the experience because it just seemed too OOC. Blackjack is a lot of things, but graceful never really was one of those things.

For the other I believe it happened when BJ was leaving Maripony post Goddess death. Rampage got her head cut off, but kept moving around. IIRC when she got decapitated earlier against Blueblood she was dead until reanimated. I may have missed something, but I don't think she did that before. Unless I missed something the contradiction with continuity disrupted my immersion during reading.

I do not mean to be negative, but hopefully this is useful feedback.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Bj can be graceful! She just needs whiskey first!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Blackjack's fight with Deus tank was taken straight from Ghost in the Shell. The movie if I had to be specific since there was a few tv series as well. It was mainly the "break her arms trying to rip the hatch open" part where I got the reference from.

Pretty sure we already covered the whole decapitated Rampage thing. First time she was dropped down a pit after having her head cut off by Blueblood so we never really got to see how much she was able to move afterwards, but I want to say it was decided that she could still move her body after decapitation enough to punch out the Hellhound.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:18 am

I'd bring up Blackjack deciding she didn't care about the family being attacked by zombies in chapter twenty seven, only to immediately and without any external stimulus change her mind. It didn't have any consequences outside of what Blackjack felt and thought about it (and, in fact, if we weren't reading her mind we might well never have known the switch happened in the first place), and she's only thought about it once since then, I think, and that only obliquely, so even from an internal perspective it didn't amount to much.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:59 am

Further issue in 37:

"Then the door opened and Lacunae walked in. Her purple eyes widened at the mess on the table, the girls peeking out at him, Glory and I cuddling, and Rampage kissing the green-banded apple."

I assume the girls are staring at P-21 in the second sentence?
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:45 am

Last bit from 37 I promise:

"Something I'd have to I nip in the bud later."

Also:

"Loaded!" Rampage yelled, immediately sprang back to smashing the scorposprites.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:15 am

@Wavey, Last
Aye, I think there was a failure in communication here. Last was on a tangent explaining why he thought the joke/metaphor of archangel armor wasn't entirely apt; I think he may have misunderstood the original joke. Wavey, meanwhile, I think you may have missed his misunderstanding and then misinterpreted his words due to that. No reason to get heated, here, not so far as I can tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:56 am

Vergil wrote:Further issue in 37:

"Then the door opened and Lacunae walked in. Her purple eyes widened at the mess on the table, the girls peeking out at him, Glory and I cuddling, and Rampage kissing the green-banded apple."

I assume the girls are staring at P-21 in the second sentence?

Vergil wrote:Last bit from 37 I promise:

"Something I'd have to I nip in the bud later."

Also:

"Loaded!" Rampage yelled, immediately sprang back to smashing the scorposprites.
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:05 am

@OAC I'm not upset or heated or anything like that. I'm just confused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Train Dodger Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:43 am

Well, here's what I've got:

Some Feedback on Various Chapters (Spoilers):

I don't mean to sound nitpicky, or anything. It's been good so far. I try to be as constructive and detailed with my analyses as possible, because I actually would like to see this story polished up to a mirror sheen. No matter how crazy it gets, I still think this is very good work.
Train Dodger
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:44 am

Train Dodger wrote:
Some Feedback on Various Chapters (Spoilers):

Scotch met her offscreen in chapter thirty one.
Spoiler:

Also, in the first of the two instances of "griffon" in fifty seven (We’re not catcrows like Griffons.), "griffins" shouldn't be capitalized.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:49 am

Last wrote:@OAC I'm not upset or heated or anything like that. I'm just confused.
I love it when someone's post matches their avatar.  Lyra 
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Train Dodger wrote:Chapter 36 - How did Scotch Tape know Precious's name? Why is the griffon's name spelled Vermillion with two Ls once and Vermilion the rest of the time? Also, come to think of it, both Kkat and Somber generally use the spelling "griffin", and there are a couple instances in 57 where "griffon" is used instead.
The Vermillion and griffon things are typos and have now been corrected. Thank you for spotting them.

Icy Shake wrote:Also, in the first of the two instances of "griffon" in fifty seven (We’re not catcrows like Griffons.), "griffins" shouldn't be capitalized.
Aye, I saw that when I went to correct the vowel.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Ch. 39: "I was the one with the cybernetic legs and ntot getting the life sucked out of me and... oh... look at that little bar with a flashing E beside it."
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next