Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+25
Plasticube
Derpmind
CamoBadger
Penby
Admiral Stoic Rum
Game Master
RobtheZombie
Ketchup
Aonee
Kippershy
Ironmonger
brony all alone
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Tytan
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
Valikdu
Katarn
Scienza
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
cb5
Frost
29 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:44 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 1382439_618521058210395_373183740_n
>Springs out of the closet, wearing an insane grin and a pirate hat, and wielding a cutlass.

"Parley!"
>Busts in through the window, wearing a smirk and a chefs hat, and wielding garnishing.

"Parsley!"
>Drives a motorcycle up the stairs, through the door, and onto the bed, killing the sleeping man.

"Harley!"
>Drops from the ceiling, wearing a coat three sizes to small and a coon skin hat, and starts throwing VHS copies of Tommy Boy and Almost Heroes at everyone.

"Farley!"
>Stumbles into the room as a sixty-year-old hippy smoking pot.

"Gnarly!"
>Stumbles out of adjoined bathroom in a drunken stupor and promptly throws up.

"Barley!"
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:46 am

I would kindly ask you to cut down your quoting, it's starting hard to read and will (soon enough) cause some errors for you to quote these posts.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:49 am

>Sends a woman's corpse crashing through the window.

"Carly!"

I deleted that other post since I couldn't fix the quotes.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:53 am

Ironmonger wrote:>Sends a woman's corpse crashing through the window.

"Carly!"

I deleted that other post since I couldn't fix the quotes.
>A black man comes out of the closet with dreadlocks and stinking of pot. A scumbag teenager wearing a shirt with the black man's face on it leans in through the door and points at him.

"Marley!"
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:03 am

>An owl lands onto everyone's head, and looks around the scene in disbelief.

"O rly?"
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:05 am

Valikdu wrote:>An owl lands onto everyone's head, and looks around the scene in disbelief.

"O rly?"
>Everyone looks at the owl.

"Hardly."
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:48 am

Just to be a dick and break up the chain going on here, I did some looking myself about why The Hidden isn't working. I know others have already looked but all I heard from them was "Make sure you have Source SDK Base 2006" and "There's a work around. But I don't know what it is."

From what I found out, Steam really fucked up an update to Source SDK and that's why there's validation errors when trying to log into servers.
The work around that I found requires deleting everything and downloading an older version of Source SDK.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:52 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Kim
I would assume that Camo et al. probably would prefer no links being posted in threads, even to archive files, but PM's are okay. If you go that route, send me a link, why not.
Erf, allright. I'll have to resort to PM's then I guess... or eh, since none else said "no" to it, I'll bravely be lazy and take a chance xD

@EP: (Luna, Zecora, flash and whatnot else-bait) Those that had interest in seeing that collection of 5 pics, here they are. Was also going to password, but couldn't do that with free version, so meh.
Sorry, linking to NSFW not allowed.

On a unrelated side note: Been playing half-life for quite a bit lately. Feels like something I ought to have done.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Penby Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:08 am

Never really got into Half -life, didn't understand all the hype behind it. 
I found it to be a good shooter, but nothing exceptional. 
Apparently this is some form of crime.
Penby
Penby
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 44

http://penby.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:49 am

Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Still havn't played them myself. I got Half-Life 2 for free years ago soon after getting Steam, only just added it to my game library.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:21 pm

Penby wrote:Never really got into Half -life, didn't understand all the hype behind it. 
It's was one of the first story driven fps games out there.  In the 1990's a world filled with generic all action no story fps games one scientist will forever change fps games.

But anyways a more serious post is that while it's not the best gameplay wise, but that if it never existed then the line of thinking that a story driven fps could be popular would have never caught on and all fps games would be like call of duty.

If half life never caught the idea of a story driven fps game on then chances are we would have never seen the fallout franchise become a fps and instead would have been a strategy game. We would have never seen the bioshock franchise, dead space, team fortress, left4dead, or any of those games.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Penby Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:35 pm

cb5 wrote:
Penby wrote:Never really got into Half -life, didn't understand all the hype behind it. 
It's was one of the first story driven fps games out there.  In the 1990's a world filled with generic all action no story fps games one scientist will forever change fps games.

But anyways a more serious post is that while it's not the best gameplay wise, but that if it never existed then the line of thinking that a story driven fps could be popular would have never caught on and all fps games would be like call of duty.

If half life never caught the idea of a story driven fps game on then chances are we would have never seen the fallout franchise become a fps and instead would have been a strategy game, we would have never seen the bioshock franchise, dead space, team fortress, left4dead, or any of those games.
My friend did say Half-life was praised for having a good story without any cut scenes. (Still, I couldn't tell you what the hell was going on.) 

I don't entirely agree with the Fallout and Bioshock remark. Fallout 3 was first person because that's the type of games that Bethesda makes, and Bioshock was a spiritual successor to the Systemshock games. The first one coming out 4 years prior to Half-life.
Penby
Penby
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 44

http://penby.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 pm

Penby wrote:My friend did say Half-life was praised for having a good story without any cut scenes. (Still, I couldn't tell you what the hell was going on.) 

I don't entirely agree with the Fallout and Bioshock remark. Fallout 3 was first person because that's the type of games that Bethesda makes, and Bioshock was a spiritual successor to the Systemshock games. The first one coming out 4 years prior to Half-life.
Well what I mean is that if it wasn't for half-life 1 people would still be going, "Pfft a story driven fps? That'll never catch on"
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:33 pm

oh hey thread i don't post in.

half-life was great, and half-life 2, while completely batshit and different was probably the best game I've ever played due to the atmosphere, nervous sense of dread and immediacy and sound design.

And this entire stupid project is awful and basically done in the worst way possible.

It's nothing more than clickbait because there's no possible way I can see them animating the entire story and their voice actors are awful. This video alone is stupid since as an intro it spoils all the characters up front. Arghh.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:35 pm

...wasn't it supposed to be a game? Like, a Fo3 total conversion? What's up with that?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:38 pm

I've seen it a lot in various fan media. It's an ambitious idea but logistically impossible due to the amount of effort and possible compensation required.

Some succeed but it's rare.

You also don't benchmark your progress on an "intro." That's too much of an easy thing to do and involves nothing related to the actual project.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
And this entire stupid project is awful and basically done in the worst way possible.

It's nothing more than clickbait because there's no possible way I can see them animating the entire story and their voice actors are awful. This video alone is stupid because as an intro it spoils all the characters up front. Arghh.
On the other hand it's EXACTLY 100% of what the FoE community wanted.

Personally I'm going to wait until it comes out for any harsh criticism.  Also I would rather not see them animating the entire story, cause if a show or a movie tries to 100% follow a book it tends to fall apart.  People that go, "shows HAVE to follow the books" are wrong in that a show serves more as a abridged version.  Think of it as like the harry potter movies, the reason why the movies are good is that it realizes that it's impossible to keep everything in the books while maintaining the core story.

If anything I think it's going to be good cause they will be unable to animate the entire story and will be forced to abridged it.

*edit
A entirely different group is making the FoE game. Also it's no longer a mod, it's going to be a standalone game.

Last edited by cb5 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Valikdu wrote:...wasn't it supposed to be a game? Like, a Fo3 total conversion? What's up with that?
No, that's Overmare Studios.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:46 pm

. . . Am I seriously the only one that thinks saying that a movie or a show has to follow the book completely is a unrealistic demand?

FoE would be good as a 2 hour movie, but if it were a 50 hour movie it would be utter crap.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:46 pm

cb5 wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:

It's nothing more than clickbait because there's no possible way I can see them animating the entire story and their voice actors are awful. This video alone is stupid because as an intro it spoils all the characters up front. Arghh.
On the other hand it's EXACTLY 100% of what the FoE community wanted.

Personally I'm going to wait until it comes out for any harsh criticism.  Also I would rather not see them animating the entire story, cause if a show or a movie tries to 100% follow a book it tends to fall apart.  People that go, "shows HAVE to follow the books" are wrong in that a show serves more as a abridged version.  Think of it as like the harry potter movies, the reason why the movies are good is that it realizes that it's impossible to keep everything in the books while maintaining the core story.

If anything I think it's going to be good cause they will be unable to animate the entire story and will be forced to abridged it.

*edit
A entirely different group is making the FoE game.  Also it's no longer a mod, it's going to be a standalone game.
Just wait until you hear them talk, though.

Cudos to them for getting together for a creative work but... that voice acting, urgh.

Also, it has that all too present issue of human firearms in ponyverse. There is no way ponies would develop firearms that look like actual human guns. Mistermech got it right with large mouthguards.

cb5 wrote:. . . Am I seriously the only one that thinks saying that a movie or a show has to follow the book completely is a unrealistic demand?

FoE would be good as a 2 hour movie, but if it were a 50 hour movie it would be utter crap.
I could have sworn I read that they wanted to do a video per chapter, I may be wrong through. Someone attempted to make a comic for each chapter but even that sort of fizzled out due to unrealistic expectations.

The point is that wanting to attempt such a feat is fine and commendable, but the amount of work and planning involved is exorbitant and most folks don't seem to realize what is involved. I should hold my reservations until they actually get something done but from what they have so far it doesn't look they thought this through, unfortunately.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:52 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Just wait until you hear them talk, though.

Cudos to them for getting together for a creative work but... that voice acting, urgh.

Also, it has that all too present issue of human firearms in ponyverse. There is no way ponies would develop firearms that look like actual human guns. Mistermech got it right with large mouthguards.
I'm not talking about the voice acting.  I'm talking about the people that go, " ARGH it's not going to span the entire story and they're going to cut out a lot of the non-central story stuff " ( anyone know why script access is showing up?  I can't seem to edit out of of this post for some reason and it's not showing up when I edit the post )is a ridiculous demand of people in that if they did make it last 50 hours it would be terrible.  There is a reason why long novels and such cut so much out in that when they make a movie or tv show IF they do actually include everything it always turns out to be utter crap.

Seriously; name me one half a million word novel that had a movie based off of it that included everything from the story into the movie that was good.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:55 pm

prepare yourselves:
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:57 pm

cb5 wrote:Seriously; name me one half a million word novel that had a movie based off of it that included everything from the story into the movie that was good.
A Song of Ice and Fire? Trollestia
Well yeah, the show doesn't include ABSOULTELY everything, but it includes most things and it's great.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Valikdu wrote:
cb5 wrote:Seriously; name me one half a million word novel that had a movie based off of it that included everything from the story into the movie that was good.
A Song of Ice and Fire? Trollestia
Well yeah, the show doesn't include ABSOULTELY everything, but it includes most things and it's great.
That's my point.  There isn't a single show or movie based off a half million word novel that doesn't ABSOLUTELY include everything and is good.  Even if it includes most things it still doesn't include everything.  The FoE fanbase demanding EVERYTHING in the story to be in the animation is just fucking ridiculous and them going around saying that it's automatically going to be crap not cause of what the actual content may be, but because they believe that any animation that doesn't have EVERYTHING from the story in it is automatically bad is fucking ridiculous.

Tl:dr; It's okay to dislike it cause of the voice acting, but disliking it cause it's going to be shorter than the story is fucking ridiculous.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:09 pm

I don't think anyone was looking down on it because of lack of content. Still, you're not going to fit the entire story into a 10 minute or even 30 minute video. Considering how long some of these "fan episodes" took to complete, adapting FoE is a ridiculously overambitious project.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Jesus guys it's a fan project, what do you want from the voices? Fucking Nolan North?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:Jesus guys it's a fan project, what do you want from the voices? Fucking Nolan North?
No, I want people who actually stay in character.
Perfect example: Calamity's VA only uses an accent for like 3 words, then uses a completely different voice. It's painful.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I don't think anyone was looking down on it because of lack of content.
The super fantards, like with a cape and everything.  You know the sort of people I'm talking about.  The people that go around harassing authors and such.  Anyone here that writes a story and uploads it online on fimfiction or what have you know exactly the people I'm talking about. ( obviously not anyone on here )
Caoimhe wrote:Still, you're not going to fit the entire story into a 10 minute or even 30 minute video. Considering how long some of these "fan episodes" took to complete, adapting FoE is a ridiculously overambitious project.
Personally I would like it as a ten minute episode for each chapter; with some of the episodes being longer or shorter depending on what's in them.  I don't mean ten minutes per episode as a set amount of time, but ten minutes on average.  Like the episode where littlepip accidentally causes that cheese shop owner to get the death penalty being shorter and mainly focusing on the main stuff that happens in the chapter, not cause it wasn't a good chapter, but rather it would be a good episode if it was shorter and mainly focused on the central things that happened in it.  Whereas stuff like littlepip going into red eye's cathedral being a lot longer cause a lot of stuff happened in those chapters.

Basically I would like it if the episodes' length was dictated by how much stuff happened in them.  Whereas slower chapters would be a lot shorter.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Oh what a beutiful daaay
I'm filled with so much glee
And that's what I have to say:
Happy birthday to meeeeee!

*downs the whole glass*

cb5 wrote:You know the sort of people I'm talking about.
Oh, yes.
I'm in a finger-pointy mood today, so I'm going to point at... Seraphem!
In his view, FoE is the best piece of writing ever created, PH is filthy, and Homage is an intricately crafted and complex character.

...okay, maybe not the last one. But I wouldn't be surprised.

I also don't like his face. I can say things like this now because I'm drunk.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next