Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
Derpmind
Vinylshadow
StoneSlinger88
Scienza
Scyto Harmony
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Kattlarv
Cptadder
Tytan
RoboRed
Stringtheory
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Ironmonger
Frost
22 posters

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:08 am

It gets a bit frustrating later when you realize there is not a right choice just varying degrees of wrong and the characters will blame you for outcomes they brought upon themselves.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:14 am

Well, yeah. Every time I make a choice I can't help but think that I just fucked up everything forever. Even so, it's a good game.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:48 am

I agree. Thinking back on it the frustration was probably intentional.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:50 am

Most likely it was intentional so it can help you make the choices you want to make instead of trying to please everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:00 am

A typical conversation with Frost:

Ironmonger: "I've endeavored to create the punniest pony story I can, and then upload it to FimFiction. Tyler will probably track my IP address, and then hunt my ass down."

Frost: "I know where you fucking live."

If he hasn't made at least one threat against my life, something's up.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:25 am

Just remember, Iron. No matter how far life takes us apart.....I'm just a DA31 and a plane ride away from coming back and kicking your ass.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:36 am

hehehe:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:30 am

tried again to play the sims 2

game crashed again. while I was doing the exact same thing.

means the game is literally unplayable for me. Fuck.

Well, it was free, but I still needed to download 12 GB over a crappy internet, so allow me to be a bit pissed off.

What a waste.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:42 am

This sounds awfully like effort
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:49 pm

You know what I miss?

Chating. Like in the old chatbox or on Skype, or on teamspeak while playing minecraft with the gang or World of Tanks with Fuzzy and Hawkeye.

Never have the time to do it anymore, and all the old channels are either dead, or only active when I can't participate. And my internet has become so shitty that online games are becoming hard to enjoy.

Makes me feel nostalgic.

Hey Robo, why must you be in the US you piece of shit?! At least we could play WoT in a platoon if you were on the EU server.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:You know what I miss?

Chating. Like in the old chatbox or on Skype, or on teamspeak while playing minecraft with the gang or World of Tanks with Fuzzy and Hawkeye.

Never have the time to do it anymore, and all the old channels are either dead, or only active when I can't participate. And my internet has become so shitty that online games are becoming hard to enjoy.

Makes me feel nostalgic.

Hey Robo, why must you be in the US you piece of shit?! At least we could play WoT in a platoon if you were on the EU server.
We could just do what me and my group of friends have been doing for 4 years straight. 

Start a group chat on Skype and save it to favorites so it's right there at the top. Its an easy way to ALWAYS be in contact. With this many people though notifications would NEED to be disabled. 

Also about 20 minutes ago I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I was handling jalapenos because we were making some pico de gallo. I ate some of the membrane and seeds from the jalapeno, pretty hot but not that bad.

I was however not using gloves and did not wash my hands and proceeded to touch my eye like an idiot.

Lets just say I now know what it feels like to have your eyes on fire. I am just glad we were using jalapenos and not the habaneos we have.

Edit: TL;DR maced myself with extremely weak homemade mace.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:06 pm

We could do that, yes.

It would be the... third? Yeah, third skype I have saved on with that exact idea.

The problem, honestly, is simply that I have kind of a busy live these days.

But the idea is good nonetheless.

Should we do this?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:16 pm

I wouldn't be opposed. There would need to be rules on starting calls though because as far as I am aware that is not something you can disable.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Rrrright.

Maybe a rule about "no calls, ever"? I mean, if we wanted to start a group call, we could just use, like, Adder's teamspeak or something. If he's okay with that, of course.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:37 pm

Definitely agree with no calls. Would be way too hectic. 

It wouldn't be the best solution but the PHCC steam group has a group chat which supports voice chat. That would only be necessary if Adder says no because steam voice chat is just awful from my experience.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:47 pm

I can't decide if this is Iron or Frost humor
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:53 pm

So, update on the quantum vacuum thruster: this (downloaded copy reuploaded to a friend's server because we couldn't find an already direct-linkable copy) appears to be the actual paper. It turns out that they were indeed quite thorough, as one would expect and contrary to my previous information. Even better, there's a prediction that a flyable version might have higher thrust than current HETs. So... Still unlikely, but getting less so. Very exciting.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:01 pm

What bugs me with that is that instead of taking the design as-is as it was provided to them and simply test that there's indeed a thrust generated, they felt the need to tie the recounting of that test campaign directly on the assumption that their theory on how it might generate thrust is actually true.

Not only does it sound to me like a not really scientific way of proceeding (kinda like putting the cart before the horse, so to speak), it also runs the risk of hurting the credibility of their experiment in the first place, and if the thing indeed work, it'd would be quite sad if it ended up being junked because the scientific community at large thought it was a fraud.

I don't know if I'm making sense there...

Basically, I think this should have been two separate papers: one proving that the thing does indeed generate thrust, without any mention of how it might do it, just that it does; and another, taking the results of the other paper, and trying to extrapolate from there a working theory of how it might generate this thrust. Would seem to me to be a better way to go about it.

Because right now it sounds like "we don't know how it does that, therefore QUANTUM!"

You could easily swap out quantum with magic there, it wouldn't do much difference.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : would => wouldn't)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Well, quantum vacuum thrusters are previously hypothesized things, but I think I see your point.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:15 pm

Anyone interested in doing some editing?  This person is looking for some help.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:37 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Anyone interested in doing some editing?  This person is looking for some help.
Let's see...

On one side, I've quite a busy life, a number of shit to do on my free time already, and... not much else, really.

On the other side, these shit to do on my free time mostly is playing videogames like a sad sack in the barrack, waiting for time to pass until the next week-end, the next vacations, and I kind of want to work on my writing skills, which may be helped by helping someone with their own.

Hmmm...

Maybe I can try this. After all, what's the worst that can happen?

/is struck by lightning. Twice.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Who else here has seen Dredd (the 2012 Judge Dredd movie)? In case you haven't, it's fucking awesome, with loads of blood, violence, and other just generally fucked up shit that does the series justice. In short, its what the Robocop remake should have been.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:51 pm

The Robocop reboot was actually good, and pretty cool.

It just wasn't the same kind of movie as the old Robocop, is all.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:56 pm

What really happened to Ed, Edd and Eddy:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:33 pm

sometimes I'm surprised by even my own thought process:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:39 pm

You could always use a tee-shirt cannon to propel the frozen poop with enough force to crack their skull. Works with most anything you put in an overcharged tee shirt cannon.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:52 pm

Wouldn't aiming for the torso bring better results? You know, broken ribs piercings the lungs, bursting the liver/kidneys, stuff like that?

I would tend to think the head is a comparatively tougher nut to crack.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:59 pm

I dunno, aim for the temples or base of the neck rather than the crown, and you've got a lot better chances. Plus, the only way the force would be cushioned (rather than flexion, like in the rib cage) would be for the head to actually move, which may torque the spine. 

Plus, even if it's not a killing blow, they got poop on their head now. They gon' stink.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Mister Frost wrote:You could always use a tee-shirt cannon to propel the frozen poop with enough force to crack their skull. Works with most anything you put in an overcharged tee shirt cannon.
Anything can kill if it hits you fast enough.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:15 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:You could always use a tee-shirt cannon to propel the frozen poop with enough force to crack their skull. Works with most anything you put in an overcharged tee shirt cannon.
Anything can kill if it hits you fast enough.
I haven't died from light yet.  Trollestia
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next