Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+25
Plasticube
Derpmind
CamoBadger
Penby
Admiral Stoic Rum
Game Master
RobtheZombie
Ketchup
Aonee
Kippershy
Ironmonger
brony all alone
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Tytan
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
Valikdu
Katarn
Scienza
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
cb5
Frost
29 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:37 pm

camobait:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:44 pm

How would you call someone who uses his stories and blogs with a singular purpose of shoving their personal views down the throat of the readers?
And, somehow, miraculously, has a following of some kind; and also deletes disagreeing comments that he cannot argue with?

[not talking about C-nce]
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Valikdu wrote:How would you call someone who uses his stories and blogs with a singular purpose of shoving their personal views down the throat of the readers?
And, somehow, miraculously, has a following of some kind; and also deletes disagreeing comments that he cannot argue with?

Probably preachy for the personal views part, as for the rest, a Republican. Trollestia 
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:49 pm

If it's from mlp fandom, I'd call that person attention horse.

Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:50 pm

@Valikdu
Ayn Rand. Twilight Sparkle 

Back to top Go down

Post by Penby Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Valikdu wrote:How would you call someone who uses his stories and blogs with a singular purpose of shoving their personal views down the throat of the readers?

It's it a religion?
Sounds like a religion. 
You just discribed a religion. 
It's a religion.
Penby
Penby
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 44

http://penby.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Reaction in 3... 2... 1...
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:25 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 245666__twilight-sparkle_spike_anim_zps2cd90699
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Circlejerk? Hugbox? The conversion bureau's fanbase?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:41 pm

cb5 wrote:

The conversion bureau's fanbase?
I specifically tried to mention that I don't mean... ugh... Chatoyance. And now I need to get the taste of vomit out of my mouth somehow.

This case isn't that crazy.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Politics
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:44 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 122787+-+ancient_aliens+ancient_humans+artist+equestria_prevails+edit+Lyra
Conspiracy theorists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:49 pm

@Cobalt

Conspiracy theorists? Conspiracies. Jews.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Guys, I think the internet's corrupted me, I'm reading the Odyssey after the Iliad and instead of seeing it as the epic its supposed to be all I see is a Gary Stu fan fic about an Ensemble Darkhorse. Scootaloo 
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:56 pm

No, that's about right. Odysseus is about as Gray Stu as you can get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:57 pm

stringtheory wrote:Guys, I think the internet's corrupted me, I'm reading the Odyssey after the Iliad and instead of seeing it as the epic its supposed to be all I see is a Gary Stu fan fic about an Ensemble Darkhorse. Scootaloo 
I read this as 'dickhorse' at first
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Kippershy wrote:
stringtheory wrote:Guys, I think the internet's corrupted me, I'm reading the Odyssey after the Iliad and instead of seeing it as the epic its supposed to be all I see is a Gary Stu fan fic about an Ensemble Darkhorse. Scootaloo 
Well, that's what his plan boiled down to in Iliad
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Don't forget that literal Deus Ex Machinae happen in these pieces, sometimes.
  Trollestia
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Kippershy wrote:Reaction in 3... 2... 1...
Man, sometimes I wish I wasn't a quasi-deist/gnostic/moderate Christian just so I could have an excuse to go after people with a longsword for saying shit like that. Those knightly orders back in the day had it good, dude.

@Val, it would help if we had a link to the blog post(s) in question so we had a better idea what you mean
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:07 pm

@Valikdu
But that was the point! Deus ex machina was them acknowledging that the gods ran friggin' everything and could come down and wreck your shit and/or save it at any time. =P This is also why their characters could be ridiculous - it didn't matter how awesome you were, the gods would still ruin your day.

This is what my friends in the classics dept. have told me, anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:13 pm

@Val, it would help if we had a link to the blog post(s) in question so we had a better idea what you mean
Alright, if you want to take all the mystery out of it...
Here's Reality Check.

http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/213751/the-lunaverse-and-why-dont-i-like-it#page/1

In this particular post, he has things to say about the Lunaverse (some of which are either misrepresentations or just bull). Basically, he instructs his fans not to read it because it contradicts his views. There's even some answers along the lines of "now that you panned it, I know I won't be reading it!".
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Alright, if you want to take all the mystery out of it...
Here's Reality Check.

http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/213751/the-lunaverse-and-why-dont-i-like-it#page/1

In this particular post, he has things to say about the Lunaverse (some of which are either misrepresentations or just bull). Basically, he instructs his fans not to read it because it contradicts the views that he's trying to push. There's even some answers along the lines of "now that you panned it, I know I won't be reading it!".
Why the fuck am I not surprised?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:24 pm

I admit I've only read a few Lunaverse stories, but....it seems like he's drastically misinterpreting the entirety of the works' premise. The characters aren't interchangeable--they're very different and embody their respective elements in ways different than the Mane 6, who are portrayed how people would realistically see them--Pinkie's annoying, Fluttershy's weirdly and bizarrely cowardly and shy, Dash is a lazy civil servant, ect. I really wonder if he didn't start reading with the intention of hating it.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:26 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
Man, sometimes I wish I wasn't a quasi-deist/gnostic/moderate Christian just so I could have an excuse to go after people with a longsword for saying shit like that. Those knightly orders back in the day had it good, dude.
I'm solidly Christian, I just don't care.
You're off the case. Turn in your badge and your longsword.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:33 pm

An asshole.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Well, that's what his plan boiled down to in Iliad
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Objection
The Iliad doesn't even go until the end the Trojan War it ends with the Trojans burying Hector, Achilles doesn't even die in it.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:51 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
I'm solidly Christian, I just don't care.
You're off the case. Turn in your badge and your longsword.
Already did that when I left the Catholics.
I'd imagine that roughly coincided with getting married. You traded in your longsword for a battleaxe.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:02 pm

Oh god. Extended Family is over for Thanksgiving Dinner.
Someone brings up an issue I feel strongly about.
All 8 other people have the opposite view than me.
What do?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:Oh god. Extended Family is over for Thanksgiving Dinner.
What do?
Smile and nod...
What issue is it may I ask?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:08 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:Oh god. Extended Family is over for Thanksgiving Dinner.
What do?
Smile and nod...
What issue is it may I ask?
The Treatment of Women Today's Society.

Blegh.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next