Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+9
Stringtheory
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Kippershy
CamoBadger
Harmony Ltd.
13 posters

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 19 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:26 am

It's a busy week for me and timezone funkyness doesn't help.

Yes they are still pending.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 19 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:31 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:It's a busy week for me and timezone funkyness doesn't help.

Yes they are still pending.
Righto.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:20 am

O. Hinds wrote:Well, less than I was thinking before, now that my knowledge of the Remnants has been corrected, but the Philomenans do still have a mostly-operational thunderhead. Sure, many of the ventral guns are probably smashed up and the thing isn't currently flight-capable, but if it could be repaired…
Also, where are they Remnants planning to put New Cloudsdayle? If the NCR hasn't convinced them to join by the time it's complete, well, the Philomenans are an isolated, mostly pegasus-run society with an already-extant population of groundling agricultural serfs… I mean, yeah, it would take a while to move New Cloudsdayle all the way over there… but given that a New Cloudsdayle keeping to itself way over on the west coast of Zebrica is much less of a threat that a New Clousdayle that's a member of the NCR, something tells me that Elusive would, out of the kindness of his heart, of course, be happy to sell cheap food and food transportation to New Cloudsdayle en route.
The reason why the Remnants established their "base" in Freidrischorfen after the Gardens got activated is because it's the city where the Air Ships the Enclave used had been built ; and the shipyards were the only things left standing after the bombs fell and wiped the city from the map.

At the moment there isn't a plan to move Neo-Cloudsdale somewhere else, but the advantage of such a city is that you don't really need to plan out in the long-term that kind of thing, as long as you have the right kind of tug to move it all. Like newly-built Raptors, for example...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:33 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Well, less than I was thinking before, now that my knowledge of the Remnants has been corrected, but the Philomenans do still have a mostly-operational thunderhead. Sure, many of the ventral guns are probably smashed up and the thing isn't currently flight-capable, but if it could be repaired…
Also, where are they Remnants planning to put New Cloudsdayle? If the NCR hasn't convinced them to join by the time it's complete, well, the Philomenans are an isolated, mostly pegasus-run society with an already-extant population of groundling agricultural serfs… I mean, yeah, it would take a while to move New Cloudsdayle all the way over there… but given that a New Cloudsdayle keeping to itself way over on the west coast of Zebrica is much less of a threat that a New Clousdayle that's a member of the NCR, something tells me that Elusive would, out of the kindness of his heart, of course, be happy to sell cheap food and food transportation to New Cloudsdayle en route.
The reason why the Remnants established their "base" in Freidrischorfen after the Gardens got activated is because it's the city where the Air Ships the Enclave used had been built ; and the shipyards were the only things left standing after the bombs fell and wiped the city from the map.

At the moment there isn't a plan to move Neo-Cloudsdale somewhere else, but the advantage of such a city is that you don't really need to plan out in the long-term that kind of thing, as long as you have the right kind of tug to move it all. Like newly-built Raptors, for example...
Exactly. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:32 am

@ Mel, re radio emitter and stuff :

One keyword => "Black Mountain"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:19 pm

O. Hinds wrote:By the way, how old is Stridula?

Hrm. That's a good question. I've been avoiding too much changeling headcanon because of the comics. Being able to forcibly drain love was a pretty important thing and I was worried there would be other game changers in there somewhere. But I guess I could just change it later I suppose. So I'm just going to rant for a little bit to see how much junk I can make up on the spot, hopefully lifespans come up somewhere and I can answer you a little better.

Fun but it didn't help much:

So my answer is... young. Definitely young. And older when Banner time comes around. Not born long before the skies were cleared, maybe even as little as a decade, probably longer... I didn't think too hard on timelines before now, honestly.

Just how long would ponies last, anyways? It doesn't seem fair to slap the lifespan of an actual horse on them, most horses can't pilot hot air balloons.
Harmony Ltd. wrote:
lol. What were the search terms you entered ? Because I don't see it with "new canterlot republic flag".
Damn, I can't remember. But "ncr flag equestria" already has Hinds' avatar on the first page, and yours further down.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:New attempt at an NCR flag :

Spoiler:

Symbolism :

Spoiler:
I'd say that there should be some Lightbringing, but the elements already look like the new sun, so I guess it already does. It seems like a good flag to me. The only criticism I could think of is that Equestria was born on less subtle symbolism. Would it make sense if I said it looked too modest?

O. Hinds wrote:
…PHAHAHAHAHAHA! Very nice! Though… wasn't all the taint cleared away by Gardens? Or is the NCR using stocks that were out of the county for some reason?
A) Thanks! B) Well the Moojave did exist prior- or, more to the point, the whole wasteland existed before the Gardens was used. If this experiment existed, there might still be contained test subjects alive. The NCR would just need to recover them from wherever they may lie. The... bunnelers (?) don't have to come from the Moojave (though it would add some nice local flavour). If they did, though, I could see them as a very important resource to import closer to the Everfree. War with civilizations may be cold for now, but in a fantasy setting there are always yet more ways to wage war. Whether made by griffin or beast or plant, war is war. And war never changes.

THE PLANTS KILL
(Ahem, I mean to say that superbunnies might be able to keep hostile plant growth to a minimum at the Everfree.)

O.Hinds wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:The big question is if brahmin will still be penned up and treated like animals-
Hm… Could Rose Eye use that to pull an "enemy of my enemy" temporary alliance (assuming that the NCR does indeed do that)?
Probably with the Great Cows, yes. Certainly with the citizenry. The Guai, on the other end, would sooner support ex-Goddess fanatics than slavers.

O.Hinds wrote:
They don't raid Moojave settlements. People migrating into the Moojave had better either be brahmin, be otherwise friends with the locals, be really heavily armed, or mind their behavior, though. The Banner also sends occasional expeditions north or south, and they've deals with local settlements such that, if a troublemaker is captured alive and would usually just be executed (Wasteland justice not having that many more options that "lock them up for a few days" and "shoot them"), they're handed over to the Banner instead (particularly since it may have been Banner aid troops who did the capturing).
Well, some might argue that their existence is bad for the Moojave, but the Banner has been trying to build as much local goodwill as possible. Their arrival was probably the harshest they've been to the locals; Rose Eye offered the people of Westside a fair, mutually beneficial, and temporary deal, but the only alternative to accepting the deal was for the Banner to try to take over Westside. That earned the Banner some bad press, I expect, but Rose (somewhat surprisingly, to many) ended up keeping the deal after Westside accepted it.
M:This is Mr. Moo-
P:And Miss Pegas!
M:Coming to you from a fortified bunker in the middle of nowhere.
P:Ain't life grand?
M:Peggy, I can't help but notice that you've been tuned into a certain other radio station these past few weeks.
P:I know, I know. But their shows are so catchy! And I've already listened to everything we have here in the studio.
M:That's the hazard of working the mic, Peggy. To all our dear listeners, I have to speak out against this "Rose Banner."
P:Why's that? If you don't mind me saying, Rose Eye hasn't gone out of her way to cause any trouble. If everyone stays out of her way, I don't see a problem.
M:The problem is where this 'Rose' comes from, Peggy. We may not have seen much of the Red Eye phenomenon from a while back, but perhaps our long time listeners will remember us describing it as "Slavery on the scale that makes a beaten caravan life look like a walk in a field full of grass."
P:But Rose Eye hasn't been raiding at all.
M:That she hasn't, Peggy, but that hasn't stopped her from saving up a pretty collection of voluntold workers. Maybe it's just the little bit of Cow in me talking, but I don't take kindly to slavers smiling and shaking my hoof. I'd rather take 'em mean, as they should be.
P:What are you saying, Mr. Moo?
M: I'm saying that this here Rose Banner is a timberwolf puppeting a pony. Dear listeners, Radio Moojave will stay on top of this issue as we always have. Until we know for sure what this Rose Banner is all about, play it safe and keep your distance. This is Radio Moojave, and we're here... for you.
M: Now here's Maverick Field to play us out with, "Heifergot to Remember to Forget..."

O.Hinds wrote:
Aye, that's sounding good. I was agreeing to it before; what I'm wondering about is how best to relay messages back to the Encowmpment for broadcast when Stridula's out of range. I'm not sure how far a PipBuck broadcaster can send… Though perhaps Stridula's modified hers to be able to beam instead of broadcast? That could boost the range, though she'd need a line of sight to the Encowmpment.
Um. Well, see, the problem isn't at all sending things from the Encowmpment; the transmitter there has more than enough power, and we probably only need to worry about big terrain obstruction. The problem is that I don't know how strong the available portable transmitters are; it's sending messages to the Encowmpment from the field that concerns me.
I went to try and research radio transmissions for a solution, and I found math. I'm still going to try reading it to find what I can understand. What's this about beaming the transmission? Line of sight shouldn't matter to something that can fly, so if that works...

O.Hinds wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:I've already got a setup for Stable 92, if that helps. And the reason I was looking for a nice idyllic place for Cloud is a buffalo/earth pony stable where a bomb was basically left in the Overchief's office until some dunderhead set it off.
Cloud? Sorry, I think that I presently lack too much information to be able to comment on this.
Pink Cloud. Just a thought for a location, a vault leaking Pink Cloud in a place that used to be very livable.

O.Hinds wrote:
Well, I hadn't thought about their racism (I'd been assuming that you'd be developing their culture, actually, given they way that this project started), but they've probably, if nothing else, learned by now that being openly racist against brahmin can in the Moojave be very bad for one's health. If the Guai are still operating when the Banner arrives, though… Well, I doubt that even the Guai (due to Papa Cow's guidance) would blame Westside too much for their initial work with the Banner, since it was either that or have the Banner attack and try to enslave them. After that, though… yeah…
I completely forgot that the Banner already crossed the river. Hrm... Okay, give me a little time to think about post-SNR Cow Guai. Because they would actually jump to the defence of Westside if slavers were threatening them.

O.Hinds wrote:
Remember
I don't even remember what I wrote at the beginning of this post. I think it was a short story where Frankenstein's monster was having a sleepy late-night conversation with his wife about how he could probably just sew wheels on his legs and clubs to his arms to become Ye Olde Robocop. Right?

Last edited by Meleagridis on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:09 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:lol. What were the search terms you entered ? Because I don't see it with "new canterlot republic flag".
Damn, I can't remember. But "ncr flag equestria" already has Hinds' avatar on the first page, and yours further down.
*google*

Ah, yes. it seems like this very yields up a number of results in google image.

By the way, I found this during that search :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTXRXOQlo40

Thought this could be interesting.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Also, regarding Equestrian / NCR artillery, I found some interesting things... Namely this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_IWS_2000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/122_mm_howitzer_2A18_%28D-30%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIAT_LG1
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:28 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, yes, and I keep forgetting to ask:
Meleagridis, what are your thoughts on Pain Train? That rare thing, a fully sane minotaur? Or do the different voices in his head just happen to get along really well?

Welp, each minotaur hears something different. Some claim to hear radio stations, others swear they hear gibberish conversations in another language, some recount the exact voices old alicorns recognize from Unity. I doubt that Somber had the nightkin/minotaur thing in mind when making Pain Train, but that doesn't mean Pain Train breaks any rules. He could simply be a lucky one, that only gets occasional static or quiet whispers of damnation. Or he could even get nothing. It just has to be faint enough that he can hear, really. There's nothing saying he's sane, just coherent enough to follow instructions and keep control of his own mind.

Silence is sometimes achievable. Iaci Subitis had a pre-war zebra alert screaming in his head on on eternal loop until someling looking for broadcast equipment turned off the signal that was driving him mad. Well, she did now that Harm's post got me thinking.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@ Mel, re radio emitter and stuff :

One keyword => "Black Mountain"

Spoiler:

That takes a little bit away from Radio Moojave's connection to the Guai, though, and I was growing fond of that. Hrm.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Since when do minotaurs suffer from voice-in-their-head-itis ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Balefire, as far as I know, is essentially weaponized dragon fire-breath, there's not much that's common between it and any power sources we use aside from it being hot and producing a sort of deadly radiation, the intentional parallels to the effects of nuclear fission/fusion reactions.
I guess it could have the same potential uses as any heat-producing power source, though it needs to be produced magically and that probably takes energy in itself.
It would probably be more effective to create a new spell to make clouds, because ponies can apparently do that.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Hm, it looks like the Marcia Reale, as an anthem, officially was purely instrumental. I think that I'll do that for the Miliozi too. So now it's just lacking a name, not a name and lyrics.

Meleagridis wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:By the way, how old is Stridula?

Hrm. That's a good question. I've been avoiding too much changeling headcanon because of the comics. Being able to forcibly drain love was a pretty important thing and I was worried there would be other game changers in there somewhere. But I guess I could just change it later I suppose. So I'm just going to rant for a little bit to see how much junk I can make up on the spot, hopefully lifespans come up somewhere and I can answer you a little better.

Fun but it didn't help much:

So my answer is... young. Definitely young. And older when Banner time comes around. Not born long before the skies were cleared, maybe even as little as a decade, probably longer... I didn't think too hard on timelines before now, honestly.
Oh, interesting.
CD, don't read this, as it concerns changelings in the RPG:
So Radio Moojave was founded only recently, then?

Meleagridis wrote:Just how long would ponies last, anyways? It doesn't seem fair to slap the lifespan of an actual horse on them, most horses can't pilot hot air balloons.
Well, I assume that they've got humanlike lifespans, though a friend of mine insists that they can naturally live to over two hundred.

Meleagridis wrote:Damn, I can't remember. But "ncr flag equestria" already has Hinds' avatar on the first page, and yours further down.
…Really? Hah!

Meleagridis wrote:The only criticism I could think of is that Equestria was born on less subtle symbolism. Would it make sense if I said it looked too modest?
Hm… The NCR isn't Equestria, though, and there are probably mixed feelings about Equestria in it.

Meleagridis wrote:A) Thanks! B) Well the Moojave did exist prior- or, more to the point, the whole wasteland existed before the Gardens was used. If this experiment existed, there might still be contained test subjects alive. The NCR would just need to recover them from wherever they may lie. The... bunnelers (?) don't have to come from the Moojave (though it would add some nice local flavour). If they did, though, I could see them as a very important resource to import closer to the Everfree. War with civilizations may be cold for now, but in a fantasy setting there are always yet more ways to wage war. Whether made by griffin or beast or plant, war is war. And war never changes.

THE PLANTS KILL
(Ahem, I mean to say that superbunnies might be able to keep hostile plant growth to a minimum at the Everfree.)
…Heh. Well, as I said, I was thinking of putting APE's headquarters in the Moojave (to make it, so the ponies moving it thought, either not be a megaspell target or draw fire away from more densely populated areas). And the lowest level of the EPA is invested with wanamingos… :D
(Note, in case you've not already gotten it: I named Apple Pancake Enterprises so that the acronym would be APE, which is EPA spelled backwards. This is after the EPA in Fo2 (or, rather, meant to be in Fo2 and put there by the Restoration Patch).)

Meleagridis wrote:Probably with the Great Cows, yes. Certainly with the citizenry. The Guai, on the other end, would sooner support ex-Goddess fanatics than slavers.
Nice, though not as much as it could be. Do the Great Cows actually have an offensive military, though?

Though… Depending on how big a help it could be to have the Guai with the Banner against the NCR and how big a hindrance it would be to have the Guai against the Banner even if they're also against the NCR… Papa Guai (also, sorry; I think that earlier I got him confused with Papa Cow) might have enough leverage to get the Banner to abandon it. Particularly if enough of the rest of the Moojave is friendly to the Banner, which would help make up for the loss of cheap slave labor. She's already much less harsh as a slaver than Red Eye (My interpretation of the conditions in Fillydelphia is that they were never meant to be sustainable; they were intended as a temporary measure, sacrificing sustainability for speed, to bolster Red Eye's power to the point where he could reach apotheosis, have both a well-trained army and a large number of indoctrinated and educated ponies following him, and have new farmland in the Everfree. Then he'd have so much power (include a variety of ways to bring the GPE to heel) that extreme speed was no longer needed, and the slavery could be at least greatly scaled back and probably abolished entirely. Rose Eye, on the other hand, has access to no such long term plans, so she is trying to practice sustainable slavery (except for having no slaves born under the Banner, which sacrifices some sustainability for diplomatic gain and slave pacification).).

Meleagridis wrote:M:This is Mr. Moo-
P:And Miss Pegas!
M:Coming to you from a fortified bunker in the middle of nowhere.
P:Ain't life grand?
M:Peggy, I can't help but notice that you've been tuned into a certain other radio station these past few weeks.
P:I know, I know. But their shows are so catchy! And I've already listened to everything we have here in the studio.
M:That's the hazard of working the mic, Peggy. To all our dear listeners, I have to speak out against this "Rose Banner."
P:Why's that? If you don't mind me saying, Rose Eye hasn't gone out of her way to cause any trouble. If everyone stays out of her way, I don't see a problem.
M:The problem is where this 'Rose' comes from, Peggy. We may not have seen much of the Red Eye phenomenon from a while back, but perhaps our long time listeners will remember us describing it as "Slavery on the scale that makes a beaten caravan life look like a walk in a field full of grass."
P:But Rose Eye hasn't been raiding at all.
M:That she hasn't, Peggy, but that hasn't stopped her from saving up a pretty collection of voluntold workers. Maybe it's just the little bit of Cow in me talking, but I don't take kindly to slavers smiling and shaking my hoof. I'd rather take 'em mean, as they should be.
P:What are you saying, Mr. Moo?
M: I'm saying that this here Rose Banner is a timberwolf puppeting a pony. Dear listeners, Radio Moojave will stay on top of this issue as we always have. Until we know for sure what this Rose Banner is all about, play it safe and keep your distance. This is Radio Moojave, and we're here... for you.
M: Now here's Maverick Field to play us out with, "Heifergot to Remember to Forget..."
:D
So the competition, at least prior to a potential Banner-Guai abolitionist deal, would likely be somewhat less than friendly. On the plus side, that will likely spur Radio Moojave to try and drum up new content, likely from the locals (which I suspect, due to the cow pun in that last line, you've already thought of).

Meleagridis wrote:I went to try and research radio transmissions for a solution, and I found math. I'm still going to try reading it to find what I can understand. What's this about beaming the transmission? Line of sight shouldn't matter to something that can fly, so if that works...
Oh, good point! Of course, the cloud ceiling would set a… ceiling, but this would allow Stridula to have an effectively much longer range!

The thing about beaming is that… hm… Okay, look at it this way. Take a lightbulb and a piece of paper. Now, the lightbulb produces only a certain amount of light, which is radiated in all directions. This is good because the piece of paper will be lit up no matter how it's moved around the light (and even if there's an obstacle between the paper and the light, there will still be a lot light reflected onto the paper from things not blocked by the obstacle), but it's bad because the paper starts to darken pretty quickly if you move it away from the light. If you want to read something on the paper when it's a long way away from the light, you need a brighter lamp.
Now surround the lightbulb with mirrors such that light can only escape along one particular line. Now, unfortunately (or fortunately, if there are things that you don't want to light up; this is why beams are better for secure transmissions and necessary for some types of navigation), things not on this line don't receive much light at all. However, by taking the light from all around the bulb and putting it on that one line, things that are on that line will be lit as if the bulb was brighter, which means that they can be lit from farther away. By adding lenses to the mirror assembly, the beam can also be focused, allowing a bright point to appear at even longer ranges. If you know where the paper is and turn the light to point at it, then, you can read it much further away then you could with the naked bulb.
Was that a good explanation for you?

Meleagridis wrote:Pink Cloud. Just a thought for a location, a vault leaking Pink Cloud in a place that used to be very livable.
Ah, sorry; I thought that the idyllic place was Littlehorn and the Stable was that love one in the desert. The Stable location that I was thinking of would be in the middle of the desert, though, and I doubt that a Stable was build in Crescent Moon Canyon.

Why would there be Pink Cloud in this stable?

Meleagridis wrote:I completely forgot that the Banner already crossed the river. Hrm... Okay, give me a little time to think about post-SNR Cow Guai. Because they would actually jump to the defence of Westside if slavers were threatening them.
Ah, hm. Yeah, the Banner arrived in the area, got Westside's help closing the swing bridge across the river, and borrowed food from them until the farms around Thornbush were working. In exchange, they provided Westside with their military might and technical expertise.

Meleagridis wrote:I don't even remember what I wrote at the beginning of this post. I think it was a short story where Frankenstein's monster was having a sleepy late-night conversation with his wife about how he could probably just sew wheels on his legs and clubs to his arms to become Ye Olde Robocop. Right?
…Um, not quite, sorry. But yeah, there's a river/canal system crossing the isthmus, built as a cooperative effort by Equestria and the Pax Roamana prior to the war.

Meleagridis wrote:Also, regarding Equestrian / NCR artillery, I found some interesting things... Namely this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_IWS_2000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/122_mm_howitzer_2A18_%28D-30%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIAT_LG1
Well, the Alliance, in addition to having such small artillery pieces, has things like [url=]this[/url]. Still, it's probably much cheaper for the NCR to replace several of those pieces, once things are sufficiently up and running, than it is for the Alliance to replace even one of its fearsome SPGs.

Meleagridis wrote:Welp, each minotaur hears something different. Some claim to hear radio stations, others swear they hear gibberish conversations in another language, some recount the exact voices old alicorns recognize from Unity. I doubt that Somber had the nightkin/minotaur thing in mind when making Pain Train, but that doesn't mean Pain Train breaks any rules. He could simply be a lucky one, that only gets occasional static or quiet whispers of damnation. Or he could even get nothing. It just has to be faint enough that he can hear, really. There's nothing saying he's sane, just coherent enough to follow instructions and keep control of his own mind.
Aye, that's the sort of thing that I was thinking of.

Meleagridis wrote:Silence is sometimes achievable. Iaci Subitis had a pre-war zebra alert screaming in his head on on eternal loop until someling looking for broadcast equipment turned off the signal that was driving him mad. Well, she did now that Harm's post got me thinking.
Huh. Why did Stridula travel so far to search for spare parts for the Encowmpment? And he must have been pretty sensitive to pick it up at that range. Please explain, if you would.

Meleagridis wrote:
Spoiler:

Meleagridis wrote:That takes a little bit away from Radio Moojave's connection to the Guai, though, and I was growing fond of that. Hrm.
Wait, so… I'm confused.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Since when do minotaurs suffer from voice-in-their-head-itis ?
…Ah. Meleagridis, now that I think back, I don't recall you including the bit about minotaurs in your in-this-thread Moojave briefing.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:37 pm

...Maybe the signal was from a wrecked ship in the river, the transmitter drawing power from an emergency wind turbine?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Hinds, does this look like something the Alliance might produce ? :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G6_howitzer
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Re Stalliongrad :

Somehow, I can't stop thinking about giant robots
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Just was reminded of something which is extremely relevant to the NCR :

Gawd is a mercenary of higher moral standing than most. She doesn't enjoy being in anypony's debt, even Littlepip, and does whatever she can to pay them back as soon as possible. Gawd is famous for staying "true to the contract", fulfilling her obligations to the letter, but usually no further.
http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Gawdyna_Grimfeathers
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Hinds, does this look like something the Alliance might produce ? :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G6_howitzer
Aye, it does; neat. Thanks.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Just was reminded of something which is extremely relevant to the NCR :

Gawd is a mercenary of higher moral standing than most. She doesn't enjoy being in anypony's debt, even Littlepip, and does whatever she can to pay them back as soon as possible. Gawd is famous for staying "true to the contract", fulfilling her obligations to the letter, but usually no further.
http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Gawdyna_Grimfeathers
Interesting... The references to LittlePip in the flag and anthem can stay, I think, since, whether or not Gawd likes being in LittlePip's debt, the people in large part like her and the Minister of Information (unofficially if nothing else... though perhaps the NCR would stay away from "ministry" nomenclature) is her marefriend. This does, though, have implications for the NCR doing what LittlePip wants because it's what LittlePip wants...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Regarding the Moojave Union, I've been thinking about it more, and I'm not sure what the best path to its formation is. Rose Eye might get the ball rolling, but the trouble is that she dislikes politics in general and democracy in particular; she'd only be really enthusiastic about the Union if she was made Supreme President for Life, which seems highly unlikely. An external pressure or push would be required, the sort of thing provided by, say, a Wasteland-walking hero or the looming threat of invasion...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Oh, and regarding the potential Banner-Guai deal, something I thought of: the Banner freeing all its slaves would also mean that all the criminals it had acquired will be set loose again (unless they choose to join the Banner) and that justice in the Moojave is back to having no long-term punishments other than death. Another facet of complexity to consider.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:02 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Oh, interesting.
CD, don't read this, as it concerns changelings in the RPG:
So Radio Moojave was founded only recently, then?

Yup, not long after Stridula escaped from the musician stable. I'll probably explain that here eventually. In the meantime, talk more about these engineered changelings.

O.Hinds wrote:
Well, I assume that [ponies] got humanlike lifespans, though a friend of mine insists that they can naturally live to over two hundred.
Nah, that's just Granny Smith. Don't believe what the stories say, she's still alive as of Sunshine and Rainbows. Been in the Core and back, too.

I'll have a bit more when this hectic weekend is over and done with.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:54 am

O. Hinds wrote:[...] the Minister of Information (unofficially if nothing else... though perhaps the NCR would stay away from "ministry" nomenclature) is her marefriend.
Especially given the possible connotations of such a term in this context. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:26 am

Meleagridis wrote:Yup, not long after Stridula escaped from the musician stable. I'll probably explain that here eventually.
Oh, sure. It's not a problem at all that you just dropped that out of nowhere and decided to explain it later. Not as if my curiosity has been greatly enflamed or anything. (:))

Meleagridis wrote:In the meantime, talk more about these engineered changelings.
Spoiler for probably only one person on this forum, and I'm not sure that they'll even read this:

Meleagridis wrote:Nah, that's just Granny Smith. Don't believe what the stories say, she's still alive as of Sunshine and Rainbows. Been in the Core and back, too.

Meleagridis wrote:I'll have a bit more when this hectic weekend is over and done with.
Good luck! I look forward to your replies to all the other stuff that I've posted (and to whatever I post between now and said replies).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:28 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:[...] the Minister of Information (unofficially if nothing else... though perhaps the NCR would stay away from "ministry" nomenclature) is her marefriend.
Especially given the possible connotations of such a term in this context. Spike
...Hm, perhaps it's my lack of familiarity with the use of "ministry" in a religious context, but I'm not sure how "Minister of Information" could be construed as such. And I'm not sure that Equestria has knowledge of the use of "ministry" in a religious context anyway.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:43 am

O. Hinds wrote:...Hm, perhaps it's my lack of familiarity with the use of "ministry" in a religious context, but I'm not sure how "Minister of Information" could be construed as such. And I'm not sure that Equestria has knowledge of the use of "ministry" in a religious context anyway.

Well...

In Christian churches, a minister is someone who is authorized by a church or religious organization to perform functions such as teaching of beliefs; leading services such as weddings, baptisms or funerals; or otherwise providing spiritual guidance to the community.
In Christianity, ministry is an activity carried out by Christians to express or spread their faith
>Homage

Basically, that was a joke on the relationship between Homage and Littlepip, and what Homage actually does and says during the course of the original Fallout Equestria.

And also a joke on the fact that Littlepip does not want to be seen as a goddess but this doesn't stop people from having the thought.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:29 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:...Hm, perhaps it's my lack of familiarity with the use of "ministry" in a religious context, but I'm not sure how "Minister of Information" could be construed as such. And I'm not sure that Equestria has knowledge of the use of "ministry" in a religious context anyway.

Well...

In Christian churches, a minister is someone who is authorized by a church or religious organization to perform functions such as teaching of beliefs; leading services such as weddings, baptisms or funerals; or otherwise providing spiritual guidance to the community.
In Christianity, ministry is an activity carried out by Christians to express or spread their faith
>Homage

Basically, that was a joke on the relationship between Homage and Littlepip, and what Homage actually does and says during the course of the original Fallout Equestria.
Ah, I see.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:And also a joke on the fact that Littlepip does not want to be seen as a goddess but this doesn't stop people from having the thought.
Including Homage herself. :)
Kkat wrote:Well, I can tell you she wouldn’t much care for the comparison, an’ the last thing she wants is t’ be prayed to. That’s not a role she seeks for herself. Plus, I have it on good authority that she’ll be gettin’ some long an’ well-earned rest.
On the other hoof, even though I know she ain’t that kinda pony, I’d still hesitate t’ throw ‘round the ol’ “may lightning strike me if” phrase quite so casually now. And I, for one, am already buildin’ up my stockpile of colorful Littlepip swears!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:06 am

Can't help but to imagine Junction City (and the other major towns of the NCR as well) as having a pretty wild night life.

I mean, now that people don't have to worry so much about day to day survival and that you can actually secure a living through entertaining other people, I'd be ready to bet that show business would be a thing in the NCR.

Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9U_iDR7ORU
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:37 am

Most likely this would probably look something like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdR6MN2jKYs
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:41 am

And then something like this happen :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHV0zs0kVGg

" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"We're so glad to see so many of you lovely people here tonight. And we would especially like to welcome all the representatives of Junction City's law enforcement community that have chosen to join us here in the Palace Hotel Ballroom at this time. We certainly hope you all enjoy the show. And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there're still some things that makes us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. Everybody. "

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:49 am

"It's a hundred and six kilometers to Manehatten, we have a full tank of fuel, half a tab of mint-als, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses"
"Hit it."
*the sky carriage, a refurbished pre-war ministry of morale patrol car, take off*

[the Blues Brothers are pegasi orphans from the Bitter War who were born post-SR ; so a bit younger than in the movie]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next