Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets))

+9
MrMagma
Moodyman90
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
XT Vengeance
Ketchup
CamoBadger
Admiral Stoic Rum
13 posters

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets)) - Page 23 Empty Re: FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets))

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm not a very good judge of story. I can tell you if I liked it or if I didn't.

I didn't see any glaring issues with the combat other then it strongly pushing you down the melee route and not really having much to fight in the overworld other then the dragons.

Back to top Go down

FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets)) - Page 23 Empty Re: FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets))

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Look, a Fallout TV show would be awesome - I just don't want it to delay Fallout 4 anymore then Vegas did.

I also might be biased because I've been following all the teases like a madman, only to find out they might have been wrong.

@Last http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/17/fallout-tv-series-could-be-on-the-way
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Install 'Wars in Skyrim' mode..no, it won't add over 9000 troops around you. It just increase encounter chance and encounters will 'level up' as you level up. No more, than 5 minutes w/o a fight.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Scyto, you do understand TV show making and game development will be done by different departments?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 pm

It didn't push me down melee. I used archery and did far better than my melee character. And I guess you never had the Murphy's Law attacks happen, did you? I spent 45 minutes fighting a dozen bandits, a frost dragon, two cave bears, a pack of wolves, a spriggan earth mother and about three or four frosbite spiders. It was an intense fight, especially because I was using a bow.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance
High Inquisitor of Jackassery

Brohoof! : 40

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Okay, looking back, I was and am being a bit ungrateful. I just really want F4.

Really,

REALLY Badly.

@Katarn Yes, but any development takes resources - primarily Marketing resources. It's rare for a company to release two products within a short time frame, because they would have to split their marketing resources.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:27 pm

you know nothing about suffering, unless you've went full mage at level 30, been swordsman before that
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:27 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:I am not saying it isn't good to be a skeptic. What Scyto had said was beyond skepticism, it read more as ungrateful, but maybe that is just me reading it. It is hard to get sarcasm across over the internet.

And I can understand why you wouldn't like that Last, I do, but I still play Morrowind to this day, so you could say I like that sort of thing. The Elder Scrolls is a very different system than Fallout. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Just imagine a Fallout game in the Skyrim engine though.

Uggh. My problem with Morrowind is it doesn't have a fast-travel system it's the same reason I hate Farcry2 though it probably doesn't have all the bullshit Farcry 2 had where it told you "Go here then comeback and go there again."

Aww yes that would be amazing. I think I actually drooled a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:30 pm

This pretty much sums up my dislike of Skyrim:
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:30 pm

It's okay Scyto. We all do. Also, Katarn, I don't think Last has Skyrim for the PC. Me, I have it for PC and Xbox. But I'm a crazy person. :D

@Last: I can understand that. However, they did have a travel system. You could hire boats and Silt Striders. I did like this. I loved how Morrowind encouraged players to explore.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

I disagree with most, if not all of that Scyto. I'd suggest we just agree to disagree.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:It didn't push me down melee. I used archery and did far better than my melee character. And I guess you never had the Murphy's Law attacks happen, did you? I spent 45 minutes fighting a dozen bandits, a frost dragon, two cave bears, a pack of wolves, a spriggan earth mother and about three or four frosbite spiders. It was an intense fight, especially because I was using a bow.

Those random encounters didn't happen too much for me. I did have a dragon that would always spawn above a villiage and kill everyone in it though.

I'm not going to lie they did a much better job of populating the world outside of dungeons then they did in oblivion but dungeons are still a big part of the game and it's much easier to get through them with a melee character. Also there's no unarmed tree in Skyrim which makes me sad.

Again I'm not saying the game is bad I actually loved exploring the world. I just think certain aspects of the game get in the way of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Indeed, having good game, which allow you to mod it heavily on console, where you can't do anything, besides just play. Twilight Sparkle
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:I disagree with most, if not all of that Scyto. I'd suggest we just agree to disagree.

Oh of course, It's just personal preference.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 pm

I always found it was easier with a ranged character, especially in dungeons. I only kept a mace around to mix things up. And yes, the lack of an unnarmed tree makes me sad. I had random encounters happen quite a lot though.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:37 pm

but, you could get +25 to unarmed from gloves found in Riften and + idon'tremember from race perk been Kajit
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Katarn wrote:but, you could get +25 to unarmed from gloves found in Riften and + idon'tremember from race perk been Kajit

I know and I heard there is an unarmed skill in Skyrim you just can't see it. But the problem is there's no tree for it there are no cool perks you can unlock by going down that path. So while punching a dragon to death is extremely satisfying you're not rewarded for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:43 pm

You can get increased Unarmed through the heavy armor tree. There was a perk that adds the armor rating of your gauntlets to your punching damage.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:44 pm

install Hearthwarmth DLC (or whatever it call'd) and see how bunch of kids kills dragon only with fists. You know why? Kids are immortal (fixed with mod though ^^)

Also I love it. In game, where you can brutally with all gore details kill your enemy or just friendly NPC, then eat it's corpse and after that sell his/her finger/ear to NPC....you can't kill kids, since it's wrong. *fliptable*
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:49 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:You can get increased Unarmed through the heavy armor tree. There was a perk that adds the armor rating of your gauntlets to your punching damage.

That's true but it's just a damage bonus right? I'm talking about moves you can learn. Like in New Vegas. I'm not sure if that stuff is in Skyrim I played a mage so I don't know if they kept the disarm stuff I remember from Oblivion.

By the way I miss making my own spells.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm

there are some finishing moves and regular combo for unarmed, but nothing more.
Also, there are plenty of MLP mods (I'm using one, that replaces town's guard shields with 'faces' of some characters from show.
FALLOUT EQUESTRIA ROLEPLAY SEASON 3 ((OOC/Character Sheets)) - Page 23 13120__safe_pinkie-pie_animated_sem_zpsd2e1e2a0
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm

You could disarm, it think, but it was more of a power attack thing. I don't think there was any unarmed moves specifically though. And Spell making is only missed slightly by me. I tend to do things like artifice(crafting and enchanting) in games. I'm not really a mage kind of guy. I'm more of a rogue or night blade.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:56 pm

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24578 this mode
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:57 pm

I hate those kind of mods. I try not to kill the lore.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:59 pm

well, it's only texture (nice though), no uber weapons/spells/hats-that-make-you-look-like-pinkie. It's only one MLP mod I've installed..others...too lore unfriendly.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Even with textures. I don't want to see the mane six in Tamriel. Just...no.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 pm

I tried the rogue path and failed miserably. I'm just too bad with a bow. Also I'd like to thank Skyrim for changing the lock picking.

While I think the big pick they use can get in the way at times it a lot less frustrating then the old system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:02 pm

But you hide behind shield with Luna's face on it and....she get's all arrows, swords, axes and maces..and magic...and claws...teeth..to her face...I'm horrible person.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:04 pm

All of my mods increase the graphics or make gameplay more difficult. I have a few rebalance ones as well.

And I guess the rouge is just not your playstyle. I'm just more of a stealthy kind of guy in games like that. I like my ranged weapons. In multiplayer, however, I excel at close combat or long range support, but not sniping. IE Gears of war, I use a Gnasher and a hammerburst. I am really good with grenades too. heh
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Try combination of bow and dagger, you'll level up stealth quickly and there are x6 to dagger sneak attacks...or was it x8

Also, really, try find wars in skyrim, it's fun...they not only fight with you, they fight with eachother. Worst thing happened to me ...3 High frost mages...I've never reached them, even with Spell braker.

Last edited by Katarn on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next