Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+44
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Scootayay
Quotidian
Jeremyrush
Randombuttons
Luminous Lead
FoolNeim
Meleagridis
Scyto Harmony
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
RandomBlank
Necr0maNceR
MrMagma
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Vergil
CannonFodder
Plasticube
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
WovenTales
Ametros
Somber
Icy Shake
CamoBadger
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Caoimhe
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
Cptadder
OneMoreDaySK
Ironmonger
Frost
IncoherentOrange
SilentCarto
48 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:43 am

jacky2734 wrote:Wow, the new chapter came out just in time for the new episode. Freaky.

Anyways, O.Hinds, if you read this, could you put a link to the PH Chapter Hub in your sig? It would make navigating to it far easier.

How's this?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CannonFodder Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:04 am

About the thing revealed with dawn and the rest.
Somebody pick up that phone, cause I called it.

Also it seems kinda weird reading them say "person" instead of "pony".
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:53 am

So...

After 51, I was like "PH is a good story and all, obviously, but it doesn't really seem like it's for me anymore."

After 52, it became, "Oh sweet jesus this is the greatest thing I've ever read Somber you are a Goddess."

Wat.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:10 am

O. Hinds wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:Wow, the new chapter came out just in time for the new episode. Freaky.

Anyways, O.Hinds, if you read this, could you put a link to the PH Chapter Hub in your sig? It would make navigating to it far easier.

How's this?
Much better. Thanks.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:22 am

This new chapter was... amazing. My thoughts in the spoilers

Spoiler:
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:49 am

Chapter 52
Bloody good, as usual Somber. You plan things that far in advance? I really cannot laud your work enough... I don't think I had even started reading PH back then when you planned that scene...

Thoughts:
Errors:
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:02 am

Started reading a little bit ago, got halfway through, gotta finish the blasted thing later. It's rather late here. Lastly, I keep imagining Dusk speaking with an accent for some reason. Just seems fitting.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:12 am

Chapter 52
That was fantastic! Just bloody fantastic, Somber. A huge thank you to you and the editing team for taking time out your busy schedules to make such a fantastic story.

I don't even know where to begin, just everything about this chapter was amazing.

art suggestions:

As always, amazing job Somber. This story never ceases to amaze me everytime.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:35 am

CalamityWhen wrote:Chapter 52
Bloody good, as usual Somber. You plan things that far in advance? I really cannot laud your work enough... I don't think I had even started reading PH back then when you planned that scene...

Thoughts:
Errors:
Thank you for the error spotting. I'm rather tired tonight and am about to shut down my computer, but I've noted the errors to be fixed later.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:48 am

Well, I'm going to end up missing the television broadcast premier of the new episode for having stayed up to read the new chapter, but I don't have a single regret.

Somber, thank you so much for sharing your story with us. And as always, my most sincere thanks to Hinds, Bronode, and Snipe, for the hard work you all put in to help.
This was simply a fantastic chapter, and well worth the wait.

I shall try my best, as always, to get my full commentary done as soon as possible.

Initial Thoughts:

Thank you again, Somber. I really hope things get better for you soon, sir. *hugs you gently*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:40 am

Reading is going to have to wait until after Episode 4, but oh what an enjoyable read that will be.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Randombuttons Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:41 pm

What's the rule for discussing the latest chapter that came out, regarding spoilers? Until one of you enlighten me, I'll go with the super-safe tactic of spoiler tag all the things! I didn't really gather or organize my impressions, but here are a few bits.
Spoiler:

Wow, I just spent the last 5 minutes wondering about what "episode" you are all talking about, then I realized it's FiM. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 1751538862
Scytoharmony wrote:After 52, it became, "Oh sweet jesus this is the greatest thing I've ever read Somber you are a Goddess."

Wat.
I know! The way your interest piques even when you think you've lost it - it should be named the SomberCoaster.
On a second thought, maybe not.

Randombuttons
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:16 pm

My review will be posted soon, I'm almost done but we're going to see Red Dawn. Fantastic chapter so far.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Well, that was an action packed chapter and full of suprises.

Spoiler:
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm currently out of town visiting family, but I managed a high speed read of the new chapter last night. Somber, I'm not sure if your muse temporarily deserted you so much as went into meditation so that she could deliver a concentrated burst of awesome.

A couple of observations:

For the last few chapters I'd been hearing Dawn with Martin Sheen's voice. I don't think this did much to change that.

I think I might have to rethink my perspective on P-21 at this point. I was never a huge fan of him before, but his attachment to Blackjack is changing my mind.

I wish Blackjack had heard Lacunae out, even though they were in combat. With the Goddess in turmoil, her state of mind (and what may have presented through her) would have been interesting.

All I want for Christmas is a Goddess being introduced to a balefire bomb!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Spoiler:
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Haven't finished the chapter yet, haven't written a review either. (Not enough time right now)... but...
Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm just going to say :

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:47 pm

And mind you, I didn't read this thread recently, so I hadn't read Kipper's posts on the subject.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:48 pm

I knew Dawn was going to have freak-ass laser eyes or something. Called it.
I'm more than half-way through, but I felt a pretty strong sense of annoyance when Dawn said "You have no right".

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Error (new chapter, of course)

” he shouted,” or shell the village!”

--" he shouted, "or shell the.."

(As in, the " is on the wrong side of the space

“Ramage! Bend that limb straight,” Scotch

Rampage, you mean?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:18 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:Well, I'm going to end up missing the television broadcast premier of the new episode for having stayed up to read the new chapter, but I don't have a single regret.

Somber, thank you so much for sharing your story with us. And as always, my most sincere thanks to Hinds, Bronode, and Snipe, for the hard work you all put in to help.
This was simply a fantastic chapter, and well worth the wait.

I shall try my best, as always, to get my full commentary done as soon as possible.

Initial Thoughts:

Thank you again, Somber. I really hope things get better for you soon, sir. *hugs you gently*
Thank you for spotting that inconsistency; I have forwarded it to the rest of the team.

hawkeye92 wrote:Also, glad to see the Enclave back, particularly Lightning Dancer. I worried she'd been killed in blackjack's rampage. Kinda suprised the Neighvarro lot ended up in Sky Striker's bodyguard but I wouldn't be suprised if the Neighvarro command doesn't want them back.
Lightning Dancer was present in Blackjack's latest trip to the Skyport, though.

Kippershy wrote:Error (new chapter, of course)

” he shouted,” or shell the village!”

--" he shouted, "or shell the.."

(As in, the " is on the wrong side of the space
Ah, thank you; I have added this to the list.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:20 pm

Spoiler:
A lot of things were put together in this chapter, and some were put to rest.
Great chapter, I look forward to reading the next and any after that.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:24 pm

Regarding Dawn:
Spoiler:
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:33 pm

she knew wshe didn’t

^ another
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Just finished.
Too tired to comment for anything other than to say it was amazing.
Thank you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Dawn's transformation was a bit...disturbing to me. Not disturbing in the sense of upsetting your emotions, but everyone went silent. The tank fight was pretty damn cool though, if really strange.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:48 pm

I just want to say that the image Dawn's transformation summoned in my mind was... disturbing.

Like "oh my god even by Hoofington's pretty high standards on the matter that's really fucked up" kind of disturbing.

From a literary standpoint I like it, but holy shit, that's hard hitting to say "Dawn is irredeemable". Especially when you add the whole "killing in cold-blood the dearest person in her life" bit. And the whole willingness to kill innocent foals to further her own goals too.

And also her scene trying to get Blackjack to kill Steel Rain.

Man, she's so far down the Monster Alley it isn't even funny.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:51 pm

To elaborate on my thought, you have a character that literally shed its own flesh to reveal it's true self.

Tear. away. its. own. flesh.

If there's isn't a clearer sign of "there's no going back", I don't know what is.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:52 pm

I went into philosopher mode during that scene. The mental image of a beautiful mare turning into a monster right before your eyes made everyone in my mind shut up and pay attention for a good while. Serving a cause/person for good reasons, trying to help people only to be transformed into a monster and used as a tool bothers me.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next