Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+37
hawkeye92
Computer1337
Jeremyrush
Teddy Rex
Valikdu
SilentCarto
Necr0maNceR
Moodyman90
CamoBadger
nebulous
OBS.GS.§S
Katarn
FeatherDust
Frost
Orm
RoboRed
Ametros
Icy Shake
tylertoon2
Downloaded Skill
Stringtheory
Kippershy
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ironmonger
Aonee
OneMoreDaySK
O. Hinds
Ketchup
Sindri
WavemasterRyx
IncoherentOrange
Somber
Cptadder
Meleagridis
Vergil
Caoimhe
41 posters

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:59 am

Hoofington used to be such a nice neighborhood, but now it's littered with the corpses of those who would do Blackjack wrong.

Oh, I'm just kidding.

It was never a nice neighborhood.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:33 am

Hoofington is Detroit.

Blackjack is Robocop.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:01 am

Today I figured something out...
Somber is the biggest troll going... ever.

Why?

Project Horizons is secretly a HiE fic and he plans to turn Blackjack into a human so she can win against TEoS!

BELIEVE IT PEOPLE! SOMBER CONFIRMED BIGGEST TROLL.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:02 am

Cptadder wrote:That image avatar sized

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Somberavysized
Had to cut the text to get it to fit.

I was looking for this the other day. I love this image.

Also every time I see Scootaburger I get hungry. Not sure if that's a good sign.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:03 am

Eat more chicken
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:24 am

Kippershy wrote:Today I figured something out...

Why?

Project Horizons is secretly a HiE fic and he plans to turn Blackjack into a human so she can win against TEoS!

No.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:54 am

ketchup504 wrote:

Why?

No.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:10 pm

stringtheory wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:

Why?

No.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Obligatory*
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:

Why?

No.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Obligatory*

Well, I can see some arguments going for it, like the thing with the
fingers and ripping her soul out, but then would she still have her
magic as a human? Actually, there is no evidence in any FoE story
alluding to the existence of <i>Homo Sapiens</i>, so that
makes it a bit farfetched.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm

You know the problem with acronyms? If you don't know what they mean it's fing confusing
So I see HiE fic and wonder... what the hell is HiE?

Also don't quote videos one more day come on now
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:22 pm

ummm HiE means Human in Equestria
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeLwDYar8Dc&feature=youtu.be here is the video of us killing the enderdragon.

It's pretty raw and sucky. but it works.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Human in Equestria. It's my 'specialty'.

(Read: I write it and I suck, but since I don't suck as much as many, they're well-received. Hopefully my next concept is a mold breaker.)

The majority of those that go up on FiMFiction.net are utter crap. Have you noticed how many are in the EqD archive? About a dozen, I think. Compare that to the rest of the archive. Not many. I can give examples of really bad ones if you wish, some moderate ones, and a few good ones.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:32 pm

xenophilia

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:Not many. I can give examples of really bad ones if you wish, some moderate ones, and a few good ones.
Let me guess the good ones are The ballad of Echo the Diamond dog, The Legend of Echo, Human, Human: shades of grey, maybe Griffin the Griffin? any others?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 pm

ARTICLE 2 is excellent as well. I have not read many of those on EqD, though.

Through the Eyes, some might say, Anthropology, and Hands, which I did not like, myself. Hands and ARTICLE actually are what made me write in the first place, putting out a mediocre fanfic the week after reading them, and finishing that a month later.

I don't like HiE romance really at all, unless it's pulled off in a manner I deem plausible. This is not common, as I often have issues with canon character shipping. OC shipping is, on average, done better, I'd say. I still don't seek it out nor particularly enjoy it, though.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Arrow 18 Mission Logs and the sequel to Forever! are both, in my opinion, pretty good as well.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:28 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Arrow 18 Mission Logs and the sequel to Forever! are both, in my opinion, pretty good as well.
I like Arrow 18 from the PoV of the story, it's the only other story I stay current on at the moment.
What is this Forever of which you speak?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:33 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:I don't like HiE romance really at all, unless it's pulled off in a manner I deem plausible. This is not common, as I often have issues with canon character shipping. OC shipping is, on average, done better, I'd say. I still don't seek it out nor particularly enjoy it, though.
yeah, I usually can't read or watch any pure romance stories, just because of the implausibility of such a thing happening in such a short time, or because my own skills at romance are so high and I don't get jealous at my own pitiful life...Applejack
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Actually, there is no evidence in any FoE story
alluding to the existence of <i>Homo Sapiens</i>, so that
makes it a bit farfetched.

FOE: Broken Steel actually features a degree of crossover with humans... The Command & Conquer Universe, to be exact. Not to mention the fact that it's of little relevance (as best I can tell) to the majority of the story.
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Arrow 18 Mission Logs and the sequel to Forever! are both, in my opinion, pretty good as well.
I like Arrow 18 from the PoV of the story, it's the only other story I stay current on at the moment.
What is this Forever of which you speak?

Here's the OMPB review of the original. Keeping it spoiler-free, it's a crossover with The Dresden Files (which I haven't read) in which Pinkie visits Harry Dresden. It's a short, wacky comedy. The sequel is a longer adventure-based story spanning both the Earth of TDF and Equestria. I've had a great time with it, and if I ever get a big block of free time might give The Dresden Files a shot. Probably the biggest problem I've had with them is that they are hosted on Fanfiction.net, which I find frustrating to use and look at.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:xenophilia

oh god. hahahaha.

tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:10 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:
don't you mean Lord, sorry King of Derail?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:23 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:

You can be a king and an extraordinaire at the same time... right?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:26 pm

Kippershy wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:

Of course. Particularly since you became the Lord-King of Derail because you were a derailer-extraordiaire.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Kippershy wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:

You can but you have to change your style of address, titles of Royalty always go last.

So it would be
His Highness (Acknowledgment of birth), the Thread Derailer Extraordinaire!(A list of all titles, awards and honors due) King Kipper (Formal title) the Ist (Place in lineage)

A Lord would list titles awards and honors first and not list place in lineage at all so thus
the Thread Derailer Extraordinare! Lord Kipper!
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:42 pm

I thought we were trying not to derail anymore, on account of it a quiet outcry against it?

Humans in Equestria. I don't really see anything wrong with it inherently, but it's been done quite a lot and most of the stories that do it do so in two ways: the standard cliche, and the trying-super-hard-not-to-be-a-cliche cliche. Of the two, I honestly prefer the former, because it tends to have a lot more passion and honesty put into it; the latter is often the result of people thinking they're being clever by turning the HiE paradigm on its head without realizing that this itself is now part of said paradigm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:I thought we were trying not to derail anymore, on account of it a quiet outcry against it?
but that's Kipper's power, derailing threads without the participants realizing it until it's too late

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Humans in Equestria. I don't really see anything wrong with it inherently, but it's been done quite a lot and most of the stories that do it do so in two ways: the standard cliche, and the trying-super-hard-not-to-be-a-cliche cliche. Of the two, I honestly prefer the former, because it tends to have a lot more passion and honesty put into it; the latter is often the result of people thinking they're being clever by turning the HiE paradigm on its head without realizing that this itself is now part of said paradigm.
agreed, there are a lot of examples of the second one just because it's become well known how much the first type usually suck, so authors try to be 'original' but usually fail, but there are still a huge amount of the (I'm assuming) first type of 'Brony and (possibly) friends' adventures in Equestria", most of which are terrible because they're just end up in Ponyville and hang around with the Mane6 Wish Fulfillment, the better ones at least try to bring in some world building and those tend to work out better, examples: Griffin the Griffin (I stopped recently because I realized just how outrageous it was getting and just how much Wish Fulfillment was driving the plot), and The Ballard of Echo the Diamond Dog and it's sequel The Legend of Echo, which I consider this type done right (I can still see traces of Wish Fulfillment, but hey what story doesn't have some level of Wish Fulfillment in it?)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:17 pm

If we're on the subject of HiE, does anyone want to see what I've got of the first chapter of my new story, which happens to be one? It's got hints of wish fulfillment, but not in the characters, but the setting. Because spaceships are cool.

When I wrote my stories, I tried to avoid wish fulfillment, ending up giving a character that happened to be a manifestation of myself a hard time; pretty much nothing he does is what he wants to do. But that alone doesn't make it good, not at all.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next