Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+37
hawkeye92
Computer1337
Jeremyrush
Teddy Rex
Valikdu
SilentCarto
Necr0maNceR
Moodyman90
CamoBadger
nebulous
OBS.GS.§S
Katarn
FeatherDust
Frost
Orm
RoboRed
Ametros
Icy Shake
tylertoon2
Downloaded Skill
Stringtheory
Kippershy
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ironmonger
Aonee
OneMoreDaySK
O. Hinds
Ketchup
Sindri
WavemasterRyx
IncoherentOrange
Somber
Cptadder
Meleagridis
Vergil
Caoimhe
41 posters

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:38 am

Hey swicked. 1[ep]:36[pix]. So much range of emotion.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:04 pm

FeatherDust wrote:The argument there is my own -- why would spellbooks even exist if they only benefited a tiny fraction of the population?
that's like saying why do we have books on quantum mechanics if only a tiny fragment of the population will use them?
because it's knowledge for the sake of knowledge.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:08 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:"Pain Train" the Minotaur, was that not a minotaur name that had been discussed as viable on the forum previously? If not, it does seem quite familiar, unless I'm just thinking of the Soldier weapon.
Well, it's a reference to the Terry Tate ad campaign for...some product, I don't even know. He threatens a worker who won't recycle by shouting that he's the pain train and you're in the tracks, or something like that. It's the same ad where somebody empties the coffee pot and doesn't make a new one, so Terry tackles them in the hall and starts shouting about YOU KILL DAY JOE, YOU MAKE SOME MO!
YouTube link

Actually he is practically a minotaur as it is with the rhyming catch phrases and all.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 pm

stringtheory wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:The argument there is my own -- why would spellbooks even exist if they only benefited a tiny fraction of the population?
that's like saying why do we have books on quantum mechanics if only a tiny fragment of the population will use them?
Just as spellbooks are only interesting to a fraction of the population. But anyone CAN use them if they have the interest. We don't have many books that can only be used by, say, albinos.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:43 pm

horses have ankles, and all that

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 32 Th_HorseParts

the image is a thumbnail so click on it to view the full image... i think it would be very educational... the fetlock only describes the fur that grows over the ankle, kind of like the weenis a name but not really all that helpful...

for instance, horses have ankles, and the pastern and the hoof meet at the coronet. also Hooves are near perfect insulators, so heat doesn't bother them... see the video

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:28 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Just as spellbooks are only interesting to a fraction of the population. But anyone CAN use them if they have the interest. We don't have many books that can only be used by, say, albinos.

The thing is though, there are hints that ponies of other races than unicorns have inherent magic. This magic can be studied by Unicorns and adapted for similar applications, forefront being the cloudwalking spell. So unicorns can learn magic from Pegasi, but the reverse doesn't seem to be the case. So not anyone can use the spellbooks, just about 1/3 of the population. Wait. I'm confused, what was the original argument again?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm suprised there's so little references to horseshoes in FoE. One of Sek...Seka...Se-BRENDA's zebra stories involves throwing shoes. You'd think there'd be cool futuretech horseshoe things, or magical enhancements for walking on water or magnets to run faster or something.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, thank you. I hope that you feel better soon.
Thank you, sir, I hope so too.

FeatherDust wrote:Well, it's a reference to the Terry Tate ad campaign for...some product, I don't even know.
Ah, I see. Well what I was referring to was... probably like 3 discussion threads ago. Some people were discussing the potential for minotaurs in FO:E/PH, and I remember them mentioning a name that 'would be perfect for a minotaur'. I can't remember what it was, so I was just wondering out loud if that had been it. I don't think so now... I think it was some kind of "metal-y" name that complimented "Iron Will" better...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:31 pm

So, who else here has completed XCOM?

actual spoilers here:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Kippershy wrote:So, who else here has completed XCOM?

actual spoilers here:

My best psychic I'd had the whole game and I'd nicknamed 'Lacunae'.

Then I got to the end.

I was rather put out by that chain of events.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Vergil wrote:
Kippershy wrote:So, who else here has completed XCOM?

actual spoilers here:

My best psychic I'd had the whole game and I'd nicknamed 'Lacunae'.

Then I got to the end.

I was rather put out by that chain of events.

Ouch.

My Psychic looked like the grandson of an SS soldier.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:56 pm

@X-COM
My father said this morning while driving us to school that it will probably end up in his favorite 5 games, which is quite a feat, since he needs a few specific qualities to like a game. He also said it was like Jagged Alliance 2, which just about sealed buying it for me, since we both enjoyed that game a lot.
Just going to watch my brother play it first.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I'm suprised there's so little references to horseshoes in FoE. One of Sek...Seka...Se-BRENDA's zebra stories involves throwing shoes. You'd think there'd be cool futuretech horseshoe things, or magical enhancements for walking on water or magnets to run faster or something.

I think they usually refer to horse shoes as weapons, like knuckles and pummeling bits... I read a fanfic where it mentions aj's hooves being iron-shod, what was funny was she was trying to be comforting to an old man... it was ironic...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:28 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
What the frig is wrong with Dawn’s eyes? I swear, all I can think about when they mention her is this captain from one of the bleach episodes I've seen. I’ll post a picture.
It makes me think of Xelloss and Chichiri.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 32 Xelloss
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 32 250px-Chichiri_2
In anime, perma-squint eyes are often a trait of the trickster archetype, which can be either good or evil but most often mixes the two.

In this case? It makes me think she's trying not to let anyone see her pupils, like she's got Cockatrice eyes or something.

You know, Tricksters are neither good, nor evil, really they are Chaotic Neutral... a true trickster really does what the want when they want, merely because it entertains their ends. They will manipulate and bring others to one end or another.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:
What the frig is wrong with Dawn’s eyes? I swear, all I can think about when they mention her is this captain from one of the bleach episodes I've seen. I’ll post a picture.
It makes me think of Xelloss and Chichiri.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 32 Xelloss
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 32 250px-Chichiri_2
In anime, perma-squint eyes are often a trait of the trickster archetype, which can be either good or evil but most often mixes the two.

In this case? It makes me think she's trying not to let anyone see her pupils, like she's got Cockatrice eyes or something.

You know, Tricksters are neither good, nor evil, really they are Chaotic Neutral... a true trickster really does what the want when they want, merely because it entertains their ends. They will manipulate and bring others to one end or another.

Sounds similar to Keeper, and if Dawn's also from the hoof, well...
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:You know, Tricksters are neither good, nor evil, really they are Chaotic Neutral... a true trickster really does what the want when they want, merely because it entertains their ends. They will manipulate and bring others to one end or another.
Not really true. A trickster who does anything they want because they think it's funny comes off as cruel, since they're causing pain for no purpose other than their own amusement, while a noble trickster uses his powers to teach lessons to others and fix unfairness (like Robin Hood, for example). A merely mocking trickster may only be mildly cruel rather than outright evil, but more often it's one or the other. Anyway, I'm not gonna get into an argument over whether or not D&D alignments are full of crap.

In anime, a squint-eyed character is still usually either good and uses a playful exterior to hide their true feelings (like Chichiri, for example), or is actually evil and putting up an affable front (like Ichimaru Gin). And when they open their eyes, that's when things have just gotten serious, because they've put aside the mask and are about to reveal their true feelings (whether kind or bloodthirsty) -- and, I should mention, they usually become abruptly badass as that point.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:59 pm

just found this:
awesome image:

-------

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=776
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32