Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+35
Somber
hawkeye92
Tia
Necr0maNceR
nebulous
Randombuttons
Orm
Downloaded Skill
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
SilentCarto
tylertoon2
Kattlarv
Stringtheory
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Caoimhe
iLateralGX
Vergil
IncoherentOrange
Sindri
Valikdu
Ketchup
Cptadder
Ironmonger
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
39 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:07 am

Please, P-21 would be voiced by Bill Murray, obviously.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:09 am

The idea of Pat voicing any of the FoE characters makes me laugh heartily. He would be best suited voicing someone like Roidrage.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:10 am

Actually, I change my vote, P-21 should be voiced by Ira Glass, the sexiest man in radio.

Last edited by Caoimhe on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:10 am

Ironmonger wrote:In that scene I always imagined something like a Vulcan or M-134. An autocannon would be an anti-vehicular weapon.
Chainguns are a category of weapons; they include 25-35mm anti-vehicular autocannons but 7.62mm rifle rounds are used too. Meanwhile a Vulcan is a 20mm rotary cannon and far too big for the purpose, and the M-134 is a Vulcan scaled down to those same 7.62mm rounds but at about 4-12x the rate of fire of a normal chaingun, which would be even more expensive overkill.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:12 am

Sindri wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:In that scene I always imagined something like a Vulcan or M-134. An autocannon would be an anti-vehicular weapon.
Chainguns are a category of weapons; they include 25-35mm anti-vehicular autocannons but 7.62mm rifle rounds are used too. Meanwhile a Vulcan is a 20mm rotary cannon and far too big for the purpose, and the M-134 is a Vulcan scaled down to those same 7.62mm rounds but at about triple the rate of fire of a normal chaingun.

I know, I'm getting stuff mixed up again. Weapons is my amateur field of expertise (oxymoron right?) in my group of friends. My little hiccups are mistake I make and don't notice until after I post. My reaction is usually a combination of FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU and Scootaloo because it makes me look ignorant and stupid. How

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:26 am

swicked wrote:...there was a diamond dog empire? I was under the impression there were merely tribes of them around large gem deposits.

I don't know if this is what put it into Hinds' brain, but the background in the Temple of Doom for the Indiana Jones Indiana Jones if Indiana Jones was an Indiana Jones pony episode had weird statues that looked like diamond dogs. Some fans have drawn their own conclusions on the matter.

Speaking of those conclusions, when are we going to get a book of the Hindsbrain headcanon? Don't lie to us- we know there is enough there to fill at least one damn book. Ever consider writing a 'Revised Wasteland Survival Guide: For the Modern Post-Post-Apocalyptic?'
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:29 am

Sindri wrote:
Chainguns are a category of weapons; they include 25-35mm anti-vehicular autocannons but 7.62mm rifle rounds are used too.
True dat, but it would be much simpler to have conventional gas-operated 7.62 weapons than use a chain gun, especially since such designs are meant for use in Co-ax mounts on AFVs.

Another thing, Littlepip probably didn't even know what a chain gun is. I don't remember them being mentioned or used by any opponents. I didn't know of this incident until it was mentioned here, must have skimmed it.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Actually, I change my vote, P-21 should be voiced by Ira Glass, the sexiest man in radio.
I second and vote against your vote, Ira Glass from This American Life would make a hilarious P-21... if he has the vocal range to scream in terror, to raped, explode people and hit Blackjack which I don't think Ira does.

@Chain-gun disscussion
Sometimes the easiest explanation is the correct one, it's a typo and/or Kkat does not know what a chaingun is.
Her gun knowledge demonstrated the same flaws that the Fallout verse has as far as calibers and guns went.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:51 pm

That's what I was trying to say. However I fully intend on exploiting this. CHAINGUNS FOR THE WASTELAND! Rainbow Dash Twilight Twilight crazy

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 pm

I know it's yer thing but I doubt the accurate depiction of weapons is one of the lower priorities in this tale of post apocalypse sentient ponies.

Also chaingun is a pretty common thing for any portable fictional Gatling gun going as far back as wolfenstein 3d in 1992, probably further.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:55 pm

I tend to use weapons as plot devices so I put pretty high priority on them personally. At this point I should change my avatar to a machine gun gif or something.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:04 pm

A chain gun is a type of machine gun or autocannon that uses an external source of power, rather than diverting energy from the cartridge, to cycle the weapon, and does so via a continuous loop of chain similar to that used on a motorcycle or bicycle.

Essentially they won't jam on a misfire because the misfired carriage is merely ejected since the gun does not require the gas blowback for the continuation of the firing cycle.

Their ammunition types vary from 7.62 mm to anti vehicular rounds. So it is reasonable to label the 5 mm mini gun because it is motor driven. it can be easy to assume that this was kkats intent
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:09 pm

True but it can still be confusing since the two are of different categories. Well as far as I know anyway, I've read on this stuff since I was a kid but I haven't done much re-reading on gun stuff as of late. Sometimes I'm as sharp as the finest knife and other times I'm as sharp as a marble.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Ironmonger wrote:True but it can still be confusing since the two are of different categories. Well as far as I know anyway, I've read on this stuff since I was a kid but I haven't done much re-reading on gun stuff as of late. Sometimes I'm as sharp as the finest knife and other times I'm as sharp as a marble.

What do you mean ? As far as I can tell kkat did not mislabel the chain gun as long as it was not like the m249 and belt fed. That is were people get confused. The heavy in tf2 uses a chain gun. The mini gun in the fallout game is a chain gun. So I fail to see the problem. Larger caliber weapons would be mounted on a vehicle but ground portables are also viable I mean if you need ap and did not have power armor or a massively strong pony on hand to use the mini fun then a portable stationary set up is your only choice.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Admiral, can I ask you something on steam?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Bleh actually I think you are right. I guess it was just confusing for me since when I see chaingun I think of the single-barrel guns. I just proved my own point about my sharpness. Twilight

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
swicked wrote:...there was a diamond dog empire? I was under the impression there were merely tribes of them around large gem deposits.

I don't know if this is what put it into Hinds' brain, but the background in the Temple of Doom for the Indiana Jones Indiana Jones if Indiana Jones was an Indiana Jones pony episode had weird statues that looked like diamond dogs. Some fans have drawn their own conclusions on the matter.
...Huh. No, I actually hadn't remembered that. Seems to make sense, though!

Meleagridis wrote:Speaking of those conclusions, when are we going to get a book of the Hindsbrain headcanon? Don't lie to us- we know there is enough there to fill at least one damn book. Ever consider writing a 'Revised Wasteland Survival Guide: For the Modern Post-Post-Apocalyptic?'
Eh... Thing thing is, I have a lot of somewhat-disconnected bits. For an actually book I'd need to have a lot more details and either focus in more closely or have a lot more details. Also, I'm not that good a writer, and definitely not a fast one.
Oh, and a lot of my post-SR headcanon is waiting to see how Project Horizons ends, since obviously that's going to have effects on at least the Hoofington region.

Thinking more on the Elements of Harmony... What about having the five (magic excluded) forged by the Diamond Dogs at the height of their skill (or thereabouts; if I decide to tie this into that distant-past-FoE/Landstalker fusion I've still been thinking about, I could have the finishing touches be applied by the Diamond Court in exile), magical artifacts tapping into the very collective magic of the planet or whatever in addition to their own formidable power. The intent would be to use them against the Zebras, but the Diamond Dogs never discovered the sixth element, the reason why the five weren't working. At first I thought that there might be a problem with what the elements key to, but... Loyalty's obviously very valuable for an empire, and honesty can be likewise. Kindness could be explained by culture, though it would probably just kindness to others within the empire itself. Generosity can relate to the willing sacrifices. Laughter's a bit harder... possibly it could be interpreted as "keeping up morale and perseverance no matter what one faces"? In any case, the somewhat corrupted forms of the virtues that the Diamond Dogs were trying to use to activate the elements could be another reason why they didn't work. Assuming that I use this, which I'm still not entirely sure about.

Last edited by O. Hinds on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:56 pm

What does SR mean?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Hinds I really find it to be well bluntly ridiculous the diamond dogs forged magical weapons capable of stopping the very embodiment of chaos itself. I just...no

Also Alicorn post...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:16 pm

I think having the elements made by the dogs takes away from their magical mcguffin power. I prefer to see them as some otherworldly thing, maybe same as Homage's space blaster thing. Overall though they're pretty lame plot device things that I would prefer not to see show up in FoE.

I think FoEniverse could benefit from a long extinct ancient race thing. Diamond Dogs, being one of the few "other" species shown on the cartoon, don't need to pick up the slack for everything. Including them in the bigger picture makes the universe look a lot smaller. I mean, that just narrows down everything to what, 4 species in the entire world holding power? Making up a new race is neat and wouldn't hurt anyone.

Likewise I think FoE fics should be frozen at this point away from FiM series progression. There really is no need to incorporate elements from anything coming up unless it really calls for it. People crying about lack of cadence and changelings was dumb and I see fic writers panicking over this Crystal Empire thing. The cartoon is always going to be expanding and adding new stuff to stay interesting and sell toys, fic writers need not jeopardize their universes just to stay in the now of the source material.

At this point, FoE is its own monster. There's no longer a need for wink and nudge stuff to remind people where its roots are. Be creative!

Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:28 pm

That does make sense for them, given their affinity for alchemy and fetish items.

In canon we don't even know what the Elements even really do or how they work beyond the metaphysical magic, or heck, what they even exist for, so I imagine there's room for work in the fic dept for that.

What more do we need to know about pony religion? Because with the focus on virtues and whatnot, the Elements could be some very important religious artifacts.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:42 pm

I came up with some on the spot headcanon (I nearly typed headcannon). While the Zebras were doing their thing, being all magey and calling down stars and whatnot, the Germane and Neighwegians (people of Prancinnati) were still warring clans with little establishment beyond massed families and warbands.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Ironmonger wrote:What does SR mean?
Sunshine and Rainbows.

swicked wrote:I dunno, how would they use the elements against the zebra?
And do you think the collective magic of the planet equestria would be capable of spreading harmony? We've no indication, and plenty of fanon/canon, indicating no where else is there so much peace as there is in equestria. The changelings stated as much.

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Hinds I really find it to be well bluntly ridiculous the diamond dogs forged magical weapons capable of stopping the very embodiment of chaos itself. I just...no

Also Alicorn post...

Caoimhe wrote:I think having the elements made by the dogs takes away from their magical mcguffin power. I prefer to see them as some otherworldly thing, maybe same as Homage's space blaster thing. Overall though they're pretty lame plot device things that I would prefer not to see show up in FoE.
Eh, right then. I still wonder where they came from, though...

Caoimhe wrote:I think FoEniverse could benefit from a long extinct ancient race thing. Diamond Dogs, being one of the few "other" species shown on the cartoon, don't need to pick up the slack for everything. Including them in the bigger picture makes the universe look a lot smaller. I mean, that just narrows down everything to what, 4 species in the entire world holding power? Making up a new race is neat and wouldn't hurt anyone.
Not that there's anything wrong with adding more, but four is still three more than Earth has.

Caoimhe wrote:Likewise I think FoE fics should be frozen at this point away from FiM series progression. There really is no need to incorporate elements from anything coming up unless it really calls for it. People crying about lack of cadence and changelings was dumb and I see fic writers panicking over this Crystal Empire thing. The cartoon is always going to be expanding and adding new stuff to stay interesting and sell toys, fic writers need not jeopardize their universes just to stay in the now of the source material.
I very much agree with you there.

Caoimhe wrote:At this point, FoE is its own monster. There's no longer a need for wink and nudge stuff to remind people where its roots are. Be creative!
…And here I'm not really sure what you're saying.

Caoimhe wrote:What more do we need to know about pony religion? Because with the focus on virtues and whatnot, the Elements could be some very important religious artifacts.
Well, my headcanon has ponies worshipping the sun and, to a lesser extent, moon even before migrating to the Equestrian Peninsula. I choose to interpret the Hearth's Warming Eve play as allegorical rather than a literal history, and I've got the unicorns, instead of actually moving the sun and moon, being the most religious of the three races and performing elaborate rituals believed to ensure their movement.

Oh, and, needless to say, I have the events of the migration and the foundation of equestria being rather darker. When cold and famine raise tensions on three rather insistently separate groups, the leaders of which are all some flavor of stupid, and all three claim the same rich new land for their people… it's unlikely to end with just some light arguing followed by singing.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:04 pm

@swicked
Is LMR down or something? I can't find it anymore.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:08 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:At this point, FoE is its own monster. There's no longer a need for wink and nudge stuff to remind people where its roots are. Be creative!
…And here I'm not really sure what you're saying.

Oh, I mean that FoE has generated enough background, mysteries and lore that it doesn't need to be tied down to what happens in FiM to progress (like adding changelings and Crystal Empire out of nowhere). However since it is so different and unique, adding something like another race of creatures can be acceptable and integrated well. There shouldn't be a concern over 'betraying canon' and whatnot.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:11 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@swicked

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Tumblr_mbhhnaWn0G1rrqaweo1_500

from what I can tell from some of the people I follow (and this picture)...
Tumblr went and deleted a lot of porn related blogs, apparently.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:16 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@swicked

It's still up, the guy just restarted it or something. The new one is here if your interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:36 pm

I've decided to limit my contributions to the FoE community to weapons, technology, and possibly culture. No art or advanced headcanon like Hinds or Wavemaster since there be no point in stepping out of my area and looking like a moron. Also, anyone have some ideas on what the land of equestria looks line in FoE? Peninsula, island?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Ironmonger wrote: Also, anyone have some ideas on what the land of equestria looks line in FoE? Peninsula, island?
I know that O. Hinds used to have a link to his headcanon map in his signature, but I'm not sure where that went.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:41 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote: Also, anyone have some ideas on what the land of equestria looks line in FoE? Peninsula, island?
I know that O. Hinds used to have a link to his headcanon map in his signature, but I'm not sure where that went.

Eh well stuff happens.

For my next bit of headcanon, Prancinnati and a few other places outside of Equestria could possibly have things like IS-3's and PIAT's.

Also new banner and avatar! IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT. AN IRON FORTRESS IS MY GOD! Twilight crazy

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next