Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+35
Somber
hawkeye92
Tia
Necr0maNceR
nebulous
Randombuttons
Orm
Downloaded Skill
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
SilentCarto
tylertoon2
Kattlarv
Stringtheory
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Caoimhe
iLateralGX
Vergil
IncoherentOrange
Sindri
Valikdu
Ketchup
Cptadder
Ironmonger
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
39 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:39 pm

OBS.GS.§S wrote:
snip:

Welcome back then. Haven't I seen you on the TF2 servers every once in a while? And I'm just starting out LOL. Any tips?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:42 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
OBS.GS.§S wrote:
snip:

Welcome back then. Haven't I seen you on the TF2 servers every once in a while? And I'm just starting out LOL. Any tips?
oh hey, OBS.GS.§S, do you want an invite for the PHCC steam group? we could use more people
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:53 pm

Hello to the old/new guy.
You won't remember me as I was not around when you were posting (But I read your comments)

And yeah I totally remember the AI guy, I guess he dropped it because it looked like a ton of work to do that. He lasted what ten pages worth?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:20 am

Randomish thing:
I was struck by a whim to see if I could knock together a very rough timeline of various events. The rather headcanony result is below:
Code:
formation of the Pax Roamana 0PR
defeat of the Diamond Dog empire by the Northern Zebras 50PR
meteor and fall of the Northern Zebras 80PR
pony colonization of the Equestrian Peninsula 180PR 0E
Discord arrives, Celestia and Luna descend 580PR 400E->0G
Nightmare Moon rises and is defeated 780PR 200G->0C
FiM begins 1780PR 1000C->0D
the war begins 1795PR 15D
Littlehorn 1804PR 21D->0L
the war ends 1815PR 11L
FoE begins 2015PR 11L->0SR
This is probably pretty inaccurate, more so in some areas than others, so I'm not worried about holding to it too closely.
Explanation of calendar identifiers:
PR is probably the most obvious; it reckons years from the foundation of the Pax Roamana, the alliance of disparate Zebra groups under Roam
E is for Equestria; this is the calendar used from the founding of Equestria to the arrival of Discord
G is for Goddesses; this was used between the descent of Celestia and Luna and the appearance of Nightmare Moon; during this period, Equestria was officially ruled by the reconstructed secular government, but the influence of the Princesses (particularly Celestia, of course) was considerable and only grew over the decades; by the time Celestia officially assumed power following the banishment of Nightmare Moon, she was already pretty much in charge
C was used during the millennium between the banishment of Nightmare Moon and the return of Princess Luna
D, for diarchy, is for the period when Celestia and Luna at least officially ruled together; it ended when Luna assumed sole power after Littlehorn
L was the calendar during Luna's reign and lasted at least until the end of the war
after that, however, the Equestrian calendar is a bit uncertain until the adoption of the Sunshine and Rainbows calendar after events of Fallout Equestria

Note: this post was written the way it was partly due to me pressing "Send" instead of "Preview" early in its composition; I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Last edited by O. Hinds on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:40 am

swicked wrote:...there was a diamond dog empire? I was under the impression there were merely tribes of them around large gem deposits.
My impression as well was that the diamond dogs were incapable of large scale empires due to their pack nature growth limit.

I've have to take a more detailed look at your timeline in the morning.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:51 am

swicked wrote:...there was a diamond dog empire? I was under the impression there were merely tribes of them around large gem deposits.
Oh, you've not heard this bit of my headcanon? The Diamond Dog empire was (debatably, but not tremendously so) the first known civilization to exist on the Equestrian Peninsula. At their height they were highly sophisticated and prosperous, their tunnels and underground settlements spanning most of the central region of the peninsula on either side of the central mountains (under which lay their capital, El Dogrado, the fabled City of Gems). They initially for the most part ignored the zebra settlers who started to move onto the peninsula; they preferred the underground to the surface, and the sacrifices from which their geourges drew magic were thought better if drawn from their own people or lingering Diamond Dog rivals through various methods. As the Zebras became more established, however, conflicts began to become more frequent; the Zebras coveted the great wealth of the empire, and the Diamond Dogs were beginning to see the Zebras as powerful and worthy foes. This resulted in a series of wars, the last of which ended when, the tide turned by increasingly powerful Starkatteri mages, the Zebras stormed and sacked El Dogrado. The empire, still pressed by the zebras and now starting to hear rumblings of civil war, saw its final end in the earthquakes and chaos following the destruction of the Northern Zebra capital, and the Diamond Dogs were reduced to a fractured, primitive tribal state that would last for over a millennium.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:00 am

hinds makes his own universe in there, then gets us all confused with it.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:14 am

I'm afraid that I don't have many details on what Equestrian Hellhound civilization was like, though I imagine that it was getting reasonably good by the end. I can say that my highly-provisional post-SR headcanon has Canine Petroleum eventually becoming NEROC's main competitor in supplying petroleum and petroleum products to the settlements and civilizations of the Equestrian Peninsula (probably most prominently the NCR).

(Canine Petroleum was founded by Hellhounds resettling in some formerly Zebra lands to the south of the peninsula. NEROC is the New Equestrian Rock Oil Company, which, like NETC, is backed by the Elusive Alliance in part as part of a ploy for power.)

(If anyone's interested, I've also pondered up two dueling automobile manufacturers for when/if the Equestrian Peninsula starts using them. Chromeshine Carriages uses computer-controlled two-stroke boxer twins with electric transmissions, while the Boomcan Automatic Coach Company uses mostly mechanical or electromechanical four-stroke engines with varying cylinder numbers and configurations hooked to mechanical transmissions. While Chromeshine vehicles tend to be quite efficient and high quality, they're also much more expensive even before tariffs (CC being an Alliance-based company) are added on. BACC vehicles, meanwhile, while more cic(Hm... I'd better come up with a Pony name for it, actually; NEROC probably would... though maybe just spelling it with ks would be enough?)-hungry among other faults, are much cheaper and are a domestic product of the NCR. Of course, it was only once Canine Petroleum started selling that the rivalry could really get going.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:hinds makes his own universe in there, then gets us all confused with it.
[looks at previous post going into the sociopoliconomic rivalry between two post-FoE automobile manufactures operating in the NCR]
I'm sure that I don't know what you mean. Applejack
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

just found this little audio drama and the VA is pretty good

no really really really good

http://theprincesscadancediaries.tumblr.com/post/30396206518/deeper-into-darkness-part-1-cadancehttp://theprincesscadancediaries.tumblr.com/post/30396206518/deeper-into-darkness-part-1-cadance

i should emphasize thart this is a cadence shining armor thing and guy is like vocally perfect
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:19 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:hinds makes his own universe in there, then gets us all confused with it.
[looks at previous post going into the sociopoliconomic rivalry between two post-FoE automobile manufactures operating in the NCR]
I'm sure that I don't know what you mean. Applejack

its hard to forge a world then not tell its story, it just gets me confused is all
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:21 am

I think it a try to attempt using voice dictation feature on the iPad and I never really wanted maybe you should try this notes works with brown shirt does punctuation will see

Cripes that looks almost as horrible as that tripe I attempted to write earlier. At least you all were able to understand what I was saying there!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:21 am

By the way, any hypotheses on the origins of the Elements of Harmony?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:05 am

I thought those were pieces of the rainbow bridge...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OBS.GS.§S Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:38 am

stringtheory wrote:oh hey, OBS.GS.§S, do you want an invite for the PHCC steam group? we could use more people
Sure, I'd love to join the PHCC steam group, I haven't used steam much since I downloaded it, and I only have tf2 downloaded, and I can't remember what my steam ID is, but I can get that sorted out tomorrow.
2. Try to keep your role in mind while you play (i.e Ashe is not a tank, let beefier people go in first, etc.) and finally
3. Don't let the people online get to you, people tend to become hostile in league when either they or their team is doing poorly, this is due to the sheer amount time and thought people put into a single game (about 30-45 minutes worth per game) and the fact that some people are just rude in general, especially so for a game like league though.

The game is better with friends in my opinion, so if you want to add me, maybe we could play some games together if you want. My summoner name is Gamernaut .

Origins of the Elements of Harmony, I'd like to think they came from the same place Celestia and Luna came from, like the "nice" stars used their powers and gave them to Celestia as a way to combat Nightmare Moon, but then they turned their power off for her so that she wouldn't have a point /click solution to every problem and become lazy or corrupt with power, and the stars only turned the elements back on when they were able to get the right mix of ponies together that would balance each other out soul-wise and prevent one archetype from taking the power and going nuts with it, either that or they got turned back on when they sensed a "disturbance in the force" or something, it could even be a combination of the two.

Come to think of it though, that isn't really the best explanation for why the elements turned off for Celestia, and never got turned back off again since they turned back on again in the beginning of FiM.

I have a hunch that Celestia had some dirty laundry that got lost to history at some point, that's the best I got at the moment, I'll give it some more thought tomorrow after I get back from work and rest some.

Edit: I'm a Colt/Filly now! Since I'm not a Blank Flank anymore, does that mean I finally get my cutie mark?? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 3670107347

Last edited by OBS.GS.§S on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:17 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Official Graduate from Magic Kindergarten.)
OBS.GS.§S
OBS.GS.§S
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 5

Character List:
Name: Flashpoint
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:55 am

I want to contribute something too but I don't know what...I could come up with explanations on how various technology works and fill in 'canon gaps', tends to be my strong point. You guys put up with my shit enough so I may as well help out.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:35 am

O. Hinds wrote:By the way, any hypotheses on the origins of the Elements of Harmony?

Easy!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BHeebAaYo8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm always willing to believe that Zordon is somehow involved whenever five to six color coded individuals get superpowers from magical crystals.
But yes aside from ancient heads in tubes I'm going with primeval artifacts given their shape changing nature and elemental properties.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 am

OBS.GS.§S wrote:Origins of the Elements of Harmony, I'd like to think they came from the same place Celestia and Luna came from, like the "nice" stars used their powers and gave them to Celestia as a way to combat Nightmare Moon, but then they turned their power off for her so that she wouldn't have a point /click solution to every problem and become lazy or corrupt with power, and the stars only turned the elements back on when they were able to get the right mix of ponies together that would balance each other out soul-wise and prevent one archetype from taking the power and going nuts with it, either that or they got turned back on when they sensed a "disturbance in the force" or something, it could even be a combination of the two.

Come to think of it though, that isn't really the best explanation for why the elements turned off for Celestia, and never got turned back off again since they turned back on again in the beginning of FiM.

I have a hunch that Celestia had some dirty laundry that got lost to history at some point, that's the best I got at the moment, I'll give it some more thought tomorrow after I get back from work and rest some.

IIRC Celestia and Luna wielded them together to stop Discord the first time around, at least according to her in the start of S2. I figure once she was alone she could use them to some degree but not fully, which is why she could only seal her sister away instead of ending the Nightmare herself, and why she needed Twilight and co for the role. Over the thousand years they were apart and had their connection with the Elements broken, the enchantments Luna and Celestia had forged gradually weakened leading to Discord's big escape (and probably many other problems down the line).

As for their ultimate origin we still don't have any information. The Stars do seem like a probable source, but the Elements definitely arrived before the Princesses' empire began...

And as for function, they seem to be similar to a megaspell matrix, but much more flexible, more precise, and harder to use. Only those who embody the virtues of the Elements can bond with them, but then even a single pony properly bonded (like Celestia alone) can use them to focus and maybe even amplify their power, and a group seems to be able to feed all their inherent magic into a single caster for extremely powerful effects. With the penalty that as the connections between the Bearers weaken, so do the effects they created, and eventually the Elements will seek new Bearers.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:41 am

UNRELATED, READ AT RISK OF YOUR SANITY.

I just thought of something. Constantinople, Can't-stand-to-know-Poles. Constantine you racist. Big mac

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:43 am

Ironmonger wrote:UNRELATED, READ AT RISK OF YOUR SANITY.

I just thought of something. Constantinople, Can't-stand-to-know-Poles. Constantine you racist. Big mac
good thing it's Istanbul now, wait a minute, I-stand-bulls...never mind, I got nothing...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:49 am

stringtheory wrote:

good thing it's Istanbul now, wait a minute, I-stand-bulls...never mind, I got nothing...

Welcome to my mind buddy. Twilight crazy

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:54 am

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

ah so that would explain why all this porn is here Trollestia
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:56 am

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

I'm going to admit that the entire committee of the Ironmind went blank when they read that. This scandal is all over the Ironnews and some are trying to get them out of office. Crazy

Committee Member #2:"That's some good litera-" *gunshot*

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:58 am

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

I'm going to admit that the entire committee of the Ironmind went blank when they read that. This scandal is all over the Ironnews and some are trying to get them out of office. Crazy
Then let it be known that I support the Ironcrats
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:11 am

I just remembered a flaw I found in Kkat's story. When Pip is escaping Fillydelphia, it is mentioned that one of the slavers set up a 'chain gun'. I'm going to assume that Kkat meant minigun/gatling gun, but for the sake of creativity anyone feel free to exploit that.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:34 am

A gun that shoots shackles on chains? Or maybe a gun with the chain-lightning effect: bullets fork out on contact until it can't penetrate anymore? ... Shutting up now.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:37 am

It could just be a chain gun. In a fixed encampment it would likely be impractical expensive overkill, but it's far from impossible.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:41 am

Sindri wrote:It could just be a chain gun. In a fixed encampment it would likely be impractical expensive overkill, but it's far from impossible.

True but from what I gathered it seemed like it would take too long for it to be an actual chain gun unless it was a 20mm or something in that range. Seems a little odd someone would use that at close range, I'd expect it more as a fixed emplacement on a wall or tower.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:53 am

Ironmonger wrote:I just remembered a flaw I found in Kkat's story. When Pip is escaping Fillydelphia, it is mentioned that one of the slavers set up a 'chain gun'. I'm going to assume that Kkat meant minigun/gatling gun, but for the sake of creativity anyone feel free to exploit that.
Sindri wrote:It could just be a chain gun. In a fixed encampment it would likely be impractical expensive overkill, but it's far from impossible.
That's what I thought of when you mentioned it. The only practical use of such a weapon would be against large creatures or airborne targets like dragons, I'd think.

Although using it on ground troops isn't impossible. Just not very subtle and would probably be quite messy.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 am

In that scene I always imagined something like a Vulcan or M-134. An autocannon would be an anti-vehicular weapon.

Also imagine P-21 voiced by Patrick Warburton

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next