Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+42
Stringtheory
iLateralGX
Mister Nikel
MLPOCG
Harmony Ltd.
Karasu
Tytan
The Holy Tuna
Ametros
Scootayay
FoolNeim
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
Somber
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
O. Hinds
hawkeye92
Meleagridis
Sindri
Katarn
Derpmind
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
nebulous
FeatherDust
Cptadder
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
RandomBlank
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Ironmonger
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
Caoimhe
46 posters

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Kippershy wrote:I would be the true leader. Though my actions aren't the most prominent and my status not the highest, I openly challenge any of you to test my leadership qualities... in battle.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Rage-Challenge-Accepted

My combat style is something involving soviet russia and mexican food. Prepare for defeat, heathen! *draws a churro sword*

Last edited by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by 222222 Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Kippershy I challenge you to a battle.

Of wits.

TO THE DEATH.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:54 pm

@Erumpet
You'd have to imagine that when Australia started to be a proper colony and not a prison colony noblemen and soldiers would still carry sabers. Nowadays you can't think of Australia without thinking of Paul Hogan saying , "Now that's a knife."
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Tytan wrote:@Erumpet
You'd have to imagine that when Australia started to be a proper colony and not a prison colony noblemen and soldiers would still carry sabers. Nowadays you can't think of Australia without thinking of Paul Hogan saying , "Now that's a knife."

Fucking australians how do they work.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Erumpet wrote:Kippershy I challenge you to a battle.

Of wits.

TO THE DEATH.

-pulls out one of my knives-

Many men think they can outsmart me... maybe... maybe.
I have yet to see a man who can outsmart a blade.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Kippershy wrote:I would be the true leader. Though my actions aren't the most prominent and my status not the highest, I openly challenge any of you to test my leadership qualities... in battle.
And by battle he means "sex". Spike
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:10 pm

@Kippershy: I see your point
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Ironmonger wrote:

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Rage-Challenge-Accepted

My combat style is something involving soviet russia and mexican food. Prepare for defeat, heathen! *draws a churro sword*

I use the power of English Mustard against Your Eyeballs.
It's super effective!
Ironmonger has fainted!
Kipper gains 2034xp!
Kipper has levelled up!
What's this? Kipper is evolving!
Kipper has evolved into... Annoying Bastard!
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Nikel Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Just read chapter 50. A little late to the party I know but still.

This one was great like usual. Something that stood out for me is that I think I finally got the "joke" on Morning Glory. I complained about that a couple of months ago along with a few other folks but I think I finally understood in this chapter what it was about. So I apologize for the implications I made. This was not a good plot device.

It's really nice to have a break from the action and just see characters interact once in a while. I however doubt BJ will do "nothing" for long. Since the Black Book is about to get retrieved and Pip's plan to be executed in a few days. I still worry what it would do to Lacunae though. Since unlike Rampage she doesn't have a primary personality anymore since she shoved that into Blackjack.

The conflict between Glory and BJ was over surprisingly quickly. I was expecting it to last for a while but honestly I like it more this way. The damn story is already bloated with and leaking with drama. It's nice to things to resolve quickly and peacefully for once considered all the horse apples the team has to go trough on a daily basis.

I hope the Rampage story arc will get some progress or even finished in the next chapter. I feel really terrible for her. She deserves better.

And the cliff hanger. Oh man. This is gonna be good. Good work Somber. But don't rush things next time. I know you have a hard time right now so if the updates slow down a bit I don't think anyone will mind.
Mister Nikel
Mister Nikel
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 pm

I guess kipper's comment really had a sharp edge to it. Hey put that damn gun down.

HAHA! Mustard does nothing against me. I can find my way around blind. Spike

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Tytan wrote:

What if it were a battle of... INTERPRETIVE DANCE! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 550350388

There's only two interpretive dances I know.
One of them involves my cock, the other involves someone being thrown over my shoulder.

take your pick.

Your cock? I LOVE CHICKENS! Chicken
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Tytan wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Tytan wrote:

What if it were a battle of... INTERPRETIVE DANCE! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 550350388

There's only two interpretive dances I know.
One of them involves my cock, the other involves someone being thrown over my shoulder.

take your pick.

Your cock? I LOVE CHICKENS! Chicken

*works slide on bolt-action* Handcock. Hehehe get it-okay I'll leave now Crazy

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:29 pm

The US is a gun culture hands down. Also. Stop it.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:The US is a gun culture hands down. Also. Stop it.

Stop what? Spike

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:32 pm

Roid Rage YES SIR, ADMIRAL SIR!
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Complying with orders. Horrible puns disengaging.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:53 pm

....no.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Kippershy wrote:

....no.

....MUTINY!!!!!!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

....no.

....MUTINY!!!!!!

Heresy!

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyX9lSHkSrriGNuYCebIBh1IPPjWcKTPBeUKetXXa82BUsodrfPEmkPjMjAQ
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:@Erumpet

Fucking australians how do they work.

Me and my fellow Australians power our internal fusion reactors with a combination of Australium and Comedic Timing.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:26 pm

I want one of those. I'm so unintimidating that it'd be humorous. Quite.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Ya know, I was thinking today.
Project Horizons has spoilt me, Somber has spoilt me.
Every opponent (almost) has some backstory which to some degree, explains or justifies their "crimes".

Fallout has never given a friendly backstory to the Enclave, ever.
You never really hear of the OTHER side of the Enclave.

WHAT IF... What if you DID hear their side, how they WERE helping out a lot of people in some locations and making the world a better place to live?
I would very much like that.

In fallout 2, their plan was to go to the oil rig and fly to space to start anew -- which went wrong, so instead, they used vaults of people as test subjects, only showing an evil side to them.

In fallout 3, they hid out until they could get a piece of technology that would allow them to kill the entire wasteland so they could just walk on in uncontested.

In New Vegas, the only time you hear about them is Arcade Gannon / the remnants and nothing more. Surely they could've done some good things, rather then pure evil?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:30 pm

The Enclave had good intentions on the political level only if at all, as it seems. And even then, they're nasty. And make getting from Klamath to San Fran very frustrating.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:34 pm

The Enclave is a bureaucracy. It's going to be evil no matter what the intentions of the individuals are. Also, Orange, in response to the question in your signature. The object to my left is a multi-tool, I win.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:35 pm

I refuse to believe it. I think it was lazy writing to try make an enemy you'd not feel bad for shooting.

Same with the Legion.
There's only ONE NPC that I know of that actually says anything good about the Legion, the rest of everyone in the game speaks of how evil they are and how nasty, yadda yadda yadda.

You know what that ONE NPC says?
They admit that Caesar did a good job, respectfully. That yes, the methods are harsh in most peoples eyes and that the way they treat women and technology is backwards, but the lands conquered by the Legion are a LOT safer for all they've done.

Caesar may be rough, but he's formed a well trained, disciplined army through it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Yeah, the villains in the Fallout series are pretty terrible. Mr. House is the best 'villain'--if you can call him that--I've seen. Maybe it's because he's not completely evil.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:37 pm

But if they did that we'd all be like Blackjack and having moral dilemmas while they were carving our stomachs out to use as canteens.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:43 pm

We'd have moral dilemmas if every member of every faction mattered. And I mean, as a character. But it's not possible to do that in a game like Fallout 3 or NV, and with 1 and 2 it'd be a stretch with the random encounter system. I'd love it if there was more of a moral portion to those games, but what makes the stories different from the games is how they can develop characters and have situations without impeding the fun of a player.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Tytan wrote:But if they did that we'd all be like Blackjack and having moral dilemmas while they were carving our stomachs out to use as canteens.

I wouldn't. That's the beauty of nigh-indifference.

Because of how terrible the Fallout villains are, I sometimes devise military rosters for them. I gave the BoS light infantry with gas masks as standard.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:But if they did that we'd all be like Blackjack and having moral dilemmas while they were carving our stomachs out to use as canteens.

I wouldn't. That's the beauty of nigh-indifference.

Probably because your an evil bastard. Spike
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next