Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+46
Admiral Stoic Rum
Quotidian
Mister Nikel
Scootayay
Rboy474
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
WovenTales
Farnham
RandomBlank
Jeremyrush
OneMoreDaySK
Necr0maNceR
WavemasterRyx
Princess Celestia
Somber
Stringtheory
Derpy Hooves
Aonee
nallar
Ki-Tarn
O. Hinds
NoodleNugget
Snipehamster
Orm
XT Vengeance
jacky2734
Tiroth
MrMagma
Ametros
Elexius
Kippershy
Moodyman90
Ketchup
Sindri
Rickyking
Scyto Harmony
Derpmind
Paper Airplane
Meleagridis
Valikdu
SilentCarto
RoboRed
Katarn
CamoBadger
Kattlarv
50 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Mon May 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Elexius wrote:I add nothing productive to this thread.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 2937254162

You're not the only one, trust me. I often have nothing important to add to the bigger conversations, such as the one with the Rad-Away.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ametros Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

RoboRed wrote:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 2937254162

You're not the only one, trust me. I often have nothing important to add to the bigger conversations, such as the one with the Rad-Away.

Agreed. Except I often miss the bigger conversations/debates altogether...
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Mon May 14, 2012 4:34 pm

@ Kippershy & Kattlarv
I'm Sorry NMM, but I'm going to have to borrow your avatar for a second.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 70-39

@Changelings
First of all, Wingsley is about as cute as Woona eating an oreo. I know, let's get a picture with Wingsley, Woona, and Boo on a play date.
Secondly, My headcanon is that changelings are actually Flutterponies that were corrupted or cursed do to their isolationist ways.

Finally, you guys have to check this site out. It's completely unrelated to anything we've discussed, but I guaranty you'll laugh your ass off.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 4:37 pm

CalamityWhen wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:Diablo has a special place for me. I've been playing it on and off for 10 years.
And MoM is the best DOS game out there.

Diablo has a special place for me as well. Emphasis on Diablo. Not Diablo 2 (although I still enjoyed that greatly), and especially not Diablo 3, from everything I've seen and heard. I still plan to get it, but I'm in no real hurry for it..
And MoM is indeed epic, although Transport Tycoon was my other great favourite during my earlier childhood.
Yeah, I meant Diablo 2. Starcraft as well, although the second one was alright as well. My father liked those games and let us play them since we could use the computer.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon May 14, 2012 4:46 pm

jacky2734 wrote:@Changelings
First of all, Wingsley is about as cute as Woona eating an oreo. I know, let's get a picture with Wingsley, Woona, and Boo on a play date.
Secondly, My headcanon is that changelings are actually Flutterponies that were corrupted or cursed do to their isolationist ways.

Finally, you guys have to check this site out. It's completely unrelated to anything we've discussed, but I guaranty you'll laugh your ass off.

For the record, I got the "Wingsley" name from this fic. BUT I GIVE NO DAMNS - BABY CHANGELING CAN BE WINGSLEY TOO. (also, that picture needs to happen)

Where's the date stamp on that blog post? I swear I've seen all of that before...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Trollestia
Aw, this thread is never all that productive anyway. Pinkie Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon May 14, 2012 5:24 pm

CalamityWhen wrote:@Gaming talk
For now, Warlock: Master Of The Arcane has my turn-based love, being reminiscent of Master Of Magic.

Are you telling me that somebody made a quality game which resembles Master of Magic and I don't know about it?

*attempting to find appropriate phrase*
*searching...*
*searching...*
*aquired*

Well, fuck. (c)

Kippershy wrote:
Katarn IS a soviet bastard though!
-smiles as I giggle-

I love making no sense on when I will and wont have any tact.

Very well, you filthy Capitalist. This is something I enjoy also! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 2937254162
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Warlock: Master Of The Arcane appears to be just like Civ 5, lacking the independent battle maps that Master of Magic had. Sadness.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon May 14, 2012 5:38 pm

This picture will probably make no sense to any normal person.

Sparkle-Commander?...:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Valikdu wrote:This picture will probably make no sense to a normal person.

Sparkle-Commander?...:
Nooooo!
Sweetie Bot has sustained damage!
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 5:48 pm

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperWeight
Where do you guys think Blackjack fits here? I'm thinking 3 or high 2.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Mon May 14, 2012 5:50 pm

And I finally got the time to read the latest chapter.
It actually made me start to question the rest of the story when it started. And , yeah, Blackjack has a fucked up life.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance
High Inquisitor of Jackassery

Brohoof! : 40

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon May 14, 2012 5:50 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Warlock: Master Of The Arcane appears to be just like Civ 5, lacking the independent battle maps that Master of Magic had. Sadness.

Clarification: it appears to be a product of someone using a fusion megaspell on Civ 5 and Majesty 2.

Well, I kinda liked both, so... gonna try.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Mon May 14, 2012 5:52 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Valikdu wrote:This picture will probably make no sense to a normal person.

Sparkle-Commander?...:
Nooooo!
Sweetie Bot has sustained damage!
Makes perfect sense to me. But I am a Mass effect fan.

XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Mon May 14, 2012 5:53 pm

ketchup504 wrote:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperWeight
Definitely a high two at the least, but no higher than a 3.
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 6:26 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:
Actually, the section in western animation for it says most unicorns are already type 3,so that would make Blackjack a type 4, but the definitions seem loose.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 6:32 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
XT Vengeance wrote:
Actually, the section in western animation for it says most unicorns are already type 3,so that would make Blackjack a type 4, but the definitions seem loose.
That would also make Blackjack more powerful than the Borg.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 14, 2012 6:35 pm

@ Super Weight.
Yeah, Blackjack is a high 2. Low 3 when at full power and everything working properly. And probably mid to almost high 3 when whiskey is involved.

Edit: Most unicorns are at 3? It's stated it's due to them having magic but poor Blackjack only has basic telepathy which evolved into the bullets, and the light orb for now. So take away the magic she's a high 2 but with it she's a high 3?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:@ Super Weight.
Yeah, Blackjack is a high 2. Low 3 when at full power and everything working properly. And probably mid to almost high 3 when whiskey is involved.

Edit: Most unicorns are at 3? It's stated it's due to them having magic but poor Blackjack only has basic telepathy which evolved into the bullets, and the light orb for now. So take away the magic she's a high 2 but with it she's a high 3?
Cyborg.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 14, 2012 6:43 pm

From what I'm reading and what my mind is interpreting, had Blackjack been an Earth Pony(which are stated at 1), the cybernetic parts would bring her to 2, but due to being a unicorn she was already at 3.
Well she's a high 3 in that case but not quite 4. Unless you count the fact she's on a quest that seems to either been directly or indirectly awakening the deep dark secrets of Hoofington. And when she uses Folly.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Mon May 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Valikdu wrote:This picture will probably make no sense to any normal person.

Sparkle-Commander?...:
Makes sense to me.
Sweet, I'm not normal.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Snipehamster Mon May 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Taking the setting into account--a world where powerful magic, flight and such are commonplace and usually innate--I'd rank BJ as a mid-high 2. She's powerful, but still has a handful of quite glaring weaknesses (can run out of power relatively quickly, regeneration is usually very slow, can't swim at all due to increased body weight, etc) that keep her from reaching level 3 'superhero' status. She might qualify as a 3 if her magic develops further, perhaps.

Snipehamster
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:From what I'm reading and what my mind is interpreting, had Blackjack been an Earth Pony(which are stated at 1), the cybernetic parts would bring her to 2, but due to being a unicorn she was already at 3.
Well she's a high 3 in that case but not quite 4. Unless you count the fact she's on a quest that seems to either been directly or indirectly awakening the deep dark secrets of Hoofington. And when she uses Folly.
Earth ponies are 0s, actually.
Blackjack has high ranged and close combat power, is a unicorn(with somewhat weak magic, yes), has cybernetics, and hands.
Those are my reasons for classifying her as a type 4.
Fresh out of the Stable, type 3.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Snipehamster wrote:Taking the setting into account--a world where powerful magic, flight and such are commonplace and usually innate--I'd rank BJ as a mid-high 2. She's powerful, but still has a handful of quite glaring weaknesses (can run out of power relatively quickly, regeneration is usually very slow, can't swim at all due to increased body weight, etc) that keep her from reaching level 3 'superhero' status. She might qualify as a 3 if her magic develops further, perhaps.
I think she would be a 3 by that criteria, but a high 2 also works. The 4 assessment is based on MLP TVtropes data that is sort of odd.
Edit: Littlepip would be 3, then ascend to 5 in the SPP, I think.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 6:58 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:From what I'm reading and what my mind is interpreting, had Blackjack been an Earth Pony(which are stated at 1), the cybernetic parts would bring her to 2, but due to being a unicorn she was already at 3.
Blackjack has high ranged and close combat power, is a unicorn(with somewhat weak magic, yes), has cybernetics, and hands.
"These characters have abilities that can typically cause, stop, or even reverse large scale disasters, or have a reality warping power with few limitations." Abilities that can, on their own, cause or stop earthquakes - Blackjack's got a lot of power, but nothing even close to that. I'm not seeing a 4 based on this system, to be honest. (I'm also disdainful of the whole quantification in general, mind you, and the website itself, so... I'm probably biased)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon May 14, 2012 7:01 pm

While I can agree Blackjack could be a pony of mass destruction, I'm still hesitant to put her in type 4. Everything that happens around her is more because of the fact she has EC-1101. I still stand by her being a high 3 though, but has bumped up to 4 every time she uses Folly.
But that's just me.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon May 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:
"These characters have abilities that can typically cause, stop, or even reverse large scale disasters, or have a reality warping power with few limitations." Abilities that can, on their own, cause or stop earthquakes - Blackjack's got a lot of power, but nothing even close to that. I'm not seeing a 4 based on this system, to be honest. (I'm also disdainful of the whole quantification in general, mind you, and the website itself, so... I'm probably biased)
I see what you are getting at. The Type 4s don't have to change the world, just being hard to give a challenge to qualifies. She wipes the floor with large groups of Seekers(who would be 1's due to equipment). The website's info on MLP's levels don't really correspond, because they don't fight of often at all. So 3 or high 2 work in FO:E's world.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Mon May 14, 2012 7:12 pm

I agree with Overlong Analysis Cobalt.
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Jason "Prince" Aelixeon
Sex: Male
Species: Zebracornling

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon May 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Good god I am excited for the next chapter... Whenever there is a delay in chapter release, the chapter that comes out is always soooooooooo good.

I'm really looking forward to it!

PS. If anyone on the editing team reads this, go tell Somber that he has made the greatest creation since the Lord of the Rings novels.

Edit: Does that sound fanboyish and random to anyone else?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Mon May 14, 2012 7:42 pm

First things first, I leave this place for almost i dont know how many hours and everything becomes insane.
I'm not entirely sure I like it.

jacky2734 wrote:
@Changelings
First of all, Wingsley is about
as cute as Woona eating an oreo. I know, let's get a picture with
Wingsley, Woona, and Boo on a play date.
Secondly, My headcanon is
that changelings are actually Flutterponies that were corrupted or
cursed do to their isolationist ways.

secondly, wingsley, woona and boo would be AMAZING [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 1050834305

thirdly, I share your head canon about the changelings

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next