Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Wigglejigglesquiggle
Rickyking
CamoBadger
LordsServant
Mobius04
Princess Celestia
Vergil
Quotidian
Rafafidi
OneMoreDaySK
RandomBlank
Snowy Flanks
Icy Shake
hawkeye92
Mister Nikel
Moodyman90
The Holy Tuna
Professor Whooves
Stringtheory
tylertoon2
Ametros
Scootayay
Valikdu
Katarn
Jeremyrush
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
jacky2734
FeatherDust
Scyto Harmony
MrMagma
Sindri
juleppony
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Ketchup
NoodleNugget
Admiral Stoic Rum
Aonee
RoboRed
Cptadder
Kippershy
Kattlarv
Somber
SilentCarto
49 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:39 am

Cptadder wrote:OAN:Littlepip and Blackjack buddy cop movie needs to happen, P-21 can play the Chief.
"You're out of control, Go Fish! The Overmare's been -- well, the Overmare is very upset with you. I'm assigning you a partner."
"What? Chief, I work alone! And call me Blackjack."
"Your badge says 'Go Fish', and that's what I'll call you! Listen, I had to talk your mom out of taking you off this case completely -- and grounding you for about a month -- so you're getting a partner whether you like it or not. Littlepip is young, but she's got a solid record. And she does things by the book. Now get out of here, and if you set one hoof out of line, I'm handing this case over to Daisy."
"Daisy couldn't solve a crossword puzzle! She'll screw this one up for sure!"
"Then you better behave yourself, huh?"
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:49 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Cptadder wrote:OAN:Littlepip and Blackjack buddy cop movie needs to happen, P-21 can play the Chief.
"You're out of control, Go Fish! The Overmare's been -- well, the Overmare is very upset with you. I'm assigning you a partner."
"What? Chief, I work alone! And call me Blackjack."
"Your badge says 'Go Fish', and that's what I'll call you! Listen, I had to talk your mom out of taking you off this case completely -- and grounding you for about a month -- so you're getting a partner whether you like it or not. Littlepip is young, but she's got a solid record. And she does things by the book. Now get out of here, and if you set one hoof out of line, I'm handing this case over to Daisy."
"Daisy couldn't solve a crossword puzzle! She'll screw this one up for sure!"
"Then you better behave yourself, huh?"
That's awesome!

CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:06 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Hungry for the flesh of the innocent. Crazy You?
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Bd3d77ea

On other note. I'm fine, thank you, kind sir.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 pm

OHSWEETJESUSSHE'SLOOKINGATMEWEHAVEAPROBLEMNOW
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:22 pm

Okay. I'm gonna split hightower in half, since I'm at p30 and nowhere near the end. And you guys have waited long enough.

Anyway, on the subject of fights. The biggest problem IMO is that school administrators are lazy when it comes to discipline. Discipline takes effort, and when you have a school of hundreds of kids, it's easier just to ignore the fights and let the kids deal and hope no parent comes forward with a lawsuit. School administrators are often outnumbered 100-1 when it comes to dealing with students.

This is why, IMO, it is imperitive for schools to get rid of habitual disciplinary problems and place them in strict disciplinary settings. These are students who have no interest in education; merely in causing whatever havoc they can for their own amusement. Schools have a phenomenally LOW rate of expulsion in the U.S. It's almost never used. Yes, students need due process to prevent abuse, especially against low testers, but they also need to be able to remove students who get in the way of the school for their own amusement. In other words, 'shape up or ship out'.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:43 pm

RoboRed wrote:Hungry for the flesh of the innocent. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 2113965524 You?

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Nopony-can-save-you-now-not-even-THE-FOURTH-WALL_8387
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Somber wrote:Okay. I'm gonna split hightower in half, since I'm at p30 and nowhere near the end. And you guys have waited long enough.

Anyway, on the subject of fights. The biggest problem IMO is that school administrators are lazy when it comes to discipline. Discipline takes effort, and when you have a school of hundreds of kids, it's easier just to ignore the fights and let the kids deal and hope no parent comes forward with a lawsuit. School administrators are often outnumbered 100-1 when it comes to dealing with students.

This is why, IMO, it is imperitive for schools to get rid of habitual disciplinary problems and place them in strict disciplinary settings. These are students who have no interest in education; merely in causing whatever havoc they can for their own amusement. Schools have a phenomenally LOW rate of expulsion in the U.S. It's almost never used. Yes, students need due process to prevent abuse, especially against low testers, but they also need to be able to remove students who get in the way of the school for their own amusement. In other words, 'shape up or ship out'.

First of all; AWESSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!
<3 wub wub wub
Can't wait.

Secondly: Congratulations on making it a year, Somber! You've come a long way with the story and we're all behind you in everything you do.
I don't think you realise just how many people read your story; because I know at least three or four people from my steamchat group (/b/ pony bread) who read but don't comment despite my encouragement to do so, since they feel the comment crew is too hectic and they'd be scared off.

We're all proud of you, and ever so thankful that you do this for us. Congratulations on coming so far.

Third point to make: I completely agree with you on the schooling issue. I live in the UK and expulsion rates are slightly higher, but even still, teachers don't have the power they need to stop the misbehaviour. It's not AS much an issue in the UK as it is in the US, but still, your point truly is utterly valid.

Lastly; I just found out I can never find out the date I started reading. All I know was it was the same day you released chapter 15 (or maybe the day after)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Also (and proof that Somber needs to read up) thanks so much for the picture. I'd glad to have created them too. And I'm glad so many of you like them...

Anyway, I have a thing this afternoon, so we'll be brushing tomorrow. Hopefully out by the 4th... or 5th. Sorry for the delay. Things are still hectic right now.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Somber wrote:Okay. I'm gonna split hightower in half, since I'm at p30 and nowhere near the end. And you guys have waited long enough.

This is good news. It'd probably work better split into two chapters anyway. I don't doubt your decision. Also, happy birthday, Project Horizons! Thank you, Somber and Crew, for providing us with this regaling tale. And even through all the hardships, you still pump out high-quality chapters. Here's to another year of awesomeness!
Don't be sorry, you silly! You should know by now, we're patient. Like, really patient. Get the chapter out whenever you're ready, not when we ask for it.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Praise the author! Would be a lie to say I wanted Hightower over quickly, looking forward to an extension.

WavemasterRyx wrote:Holy moley... you ponies are so full of words... how many pages since the last time I posted? I'll um... try to catch up if there's anything I can/need to respond to later... and work on the meme-Boo picture for "Watch out, we got a badass in here."

But for right now...
Happy Birthday Project Horizons!
Warning, may cause diabetes and various health problems.:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/26327748898
Never been jealous of artistic talent until I realise that I don't have any fancy way to celebrate milestones.At least I still have this video.

Spoiler:
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Praise the author! Would be a lie to say I wanted Hightower over quickly, looking forward to an extension.

Never been jealous of artistic talent until I realise that I don't have any fancy way to celebrate milestones.At least I still have this video.

Spoiler:
Nurse Redheart is my favorite nurse ever Rainbow
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyrush Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Grats on a full year of PH, Somber. I wish I could art something up for you but I need a tablet. Tablets cost like 80 bajillion dollars. So, no art.

:(

On the other hand, these next two chapters are going to be amazing, regardless of the actual quality of the writing. Every single one of them (ignoring BJ with plot armor and Rampage who is just immortal) is probably going to die. Lots of opportunity for drama, lots of opportunity for blind rage asskicking. Sweetie Belle
Jeremyrush
Jeremyrush
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:58 pm

@Everypony: (Equine anatomy) Hum, just had some twisting conflict with information. Apparently stallions might be able to get hard after all. (which again, brings back the breaking of tissue for males, and more ouchies for females. Almost feel obliged to actually research into this now, just to know which one is correct xD

@Feather: Ah, I see. Well yeah, wouldn't too much of a surprise. Also, were their crusader group female only? I forgot. (no, it ain't about that, just forgot)

@Ice: (Prostates) Somehow? Hello, I was involved. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 3007958872

@Ketchup: It is a fun thing, quite hard to play though as if your coating gets wrecked, you are doomed xP
And I once in a game had an angry, flying wall with reach and haste hehe. But one of my fav was one where a guy spawned inf creatures and was gonna overrun me, and I enchanted my palace guard (can block any number of creatures) with "protection from creatures". Oh, and on a side note: Urza's rage if you didn't know is an instant that deals 3 damage, and this cannot be countered or affected in any way. (mostly)

@Wave: Daw... that almost makes me forget what I am doing for horrible deeds currently [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 4206338362
And ah crap. If I'd focused, I could have released the story today! ... heck, it's not even proofread one page. Ah well. *tentative hug offer to those that want*

@Robo: (Flesh) Just since I'm bored: I may not be innocent, but I got some "flesh" you could "feast on". *cue cheesy music* "Haven't you heard most people should... "eat out" more often?
Okay, yeah, I'm done now. That was my random fit for the week xP

@Night: I have an angry donkey named Frank on visit in my uterus, yourself?

@Katarn: ... is it wrong that that gif made me a bit puffy for no apparent reason when I looked at it this time?

@Somber: Yeah, same here imo. The ones that mess it up for other's shouldn't cause the bullied children to move into special class and whatnot, since "it's cheaper to move one bullied kid than the bullies". Also, nice to see you seem to feel better.
guys, is it wrong I am comparing Somber with Alistar in dragon age? If anyone has played a female character there and *cough* "took the lead" *cough*over Alistar, then afterwards went with "toughening him up", that is a bit how I am comparing Somber right now, and I got no idea how or why...

@Jermy: And then they all have a pity sex threesome with BJ, the armour and Rampage for no apparent reason, just to find out Snips survived all along, just to come in and "cut" the awkward moment. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 1771078661
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
@Ice: (Prostates) Somehow? Hello, I was involved. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 3007958872
Of course, how could I have thought otherwise Lyra
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Been gone a few days, but it's good to be back, and the timing couldn't be better.
Congratulations on making it this last year! Thank you Somber, O. Hinds, Bronode, and Snipehamster for the work you put into this; it's really been a treat to see this story unfold. Lastly, thank you to the other members of the community who have made this such a great place to visit.

@CaptAdder on Stygius/the Stig: I feel the same way. Though I'm not sure you were the first to make the reference here, unless it was over two weeks ago and I missed it[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 3463467734.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:25 pm

All I can really say is that even if I do duck for cover when the thread really gets rolling and it threatens to rid me of what little sanity I have left, I love this place.

Happy Birthday Project Horizons and all my thanks, love, and appreciation goes out to Somber, the brushing team, and everybody else here!
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:11 pm

This is why, IMO, it is imperative for schools to get rid of habitual disciplinary problems and place them in strict disciplinary settings. These are students who have no interest in education; merely in causing whatever havoc they can for their own amusement. Schools have a phenomenally LOW rate of expulsion in the U.S. It's almost never used. Yes, students need due process to prevent abuse, especially against low testers, but they also need to be able to remove students who get in the way of the school for their own amusement. In other words, 'shape up or ship out'.
Hightower is a pretty cool place to read about, so two more chapters of it are fine with me. When will we see Glory, Scotch, and P-21 again? I miss them.

Yeah. People don't seem to understand that school isn't a prison, or a punishment, but is for our benefit. Those of us who want to learn have to deal with the ones who don't. This especially presents itself when we are given a group projects, and all they want to do is babble about Call Of Duty. They impede progress, and teachers usually can't/don't do anything about it, partially because they are obligated/allowed to get schooling and a free education by Canadian law.
Somber wrote:Also (and proof that Somber needs to read up) thanks so much for the picture. I'd glad to have created them too. And I'm glad so many of you like them...
Anyway, I have a thing this afternoon, so we'll be brushing tomorrow. Hopefully out by the 4th... or 5th. Sorry for the delay. Things are still hectic right now.
Brushing tomorrow isn't brushing never! Whenever it's ready.
Kattlarv wrote:
@Ketchup: It is a fun thing, quite hard to play though as if your coating gets wrecked, you are doomed xP
And I once in a game had an angry, flying wall with reach and haste hehe. But one of my fav was one where a guy spawned inf creatures and was gonna overrun me, and I enchanted my palace guard (can block any number of creatures) with "protection from creatures". Oh, and on a side note: Urza's rage if you didn't know is an instant that deals 3 damage, and this cannot be countered or affected in any way. (mostly)
I looked Urza's Rage up, and I think I've seen one before in my sister's boyfriend's MtG binder. And can't "walls" not attack? I don't think they can. Maybe some of the flying walls can? Or were you using "wall" as a nickname for a high-defense creature?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Somber wrote:Also (and proof that Somber needs to read up) thanks so much for the picture. I'd glad to have created them too. And I'm glad so many of you like them...

I'm glad you liked it, sir. Thank you for creating such a wonderful story. *gives you a gentle hug*

I tried sending it to EqD, but no response (automated or otherwise), so I don't know if it got lost in all the Bronycon muck.

It's great to hear the progress report, and I'll be looking forward to the new chapter, of course. There's no problem at all with splitting it up, as long as it doesn't cause any problems for you.

Also, I hope things are going okay with you, sir. My mom is worried too and would like to make sure you know we're still here if there's anything we can do to help.

-------

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=598
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30