Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+39
Somber
RoboRed
CD
SilentCarto
Valikdu
Icy Shake
neoaustin
Frost
Rayndalf
nallar
Gadget Steamhoof
MSCA
Elden Andel
joltius
Tacoman587
DotRook
Vexd
Scootayay
Admiral Stoic Rum
TB3
FoolNeim
Defrak
Bootleg
tylertoon2
Katarn
Epsilon
Scienza
The Truth
Borsuq
PeppyJoe
decumos
Evilgidgit
JadedPony
atikin
FeatherDust
ILM126
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Harmony Ltd.
43 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by ILM126 Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:22 am

Yeah, I sent it to EQD and they got it up on the front page a few hours ago :D

Screenshot
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:13 am

tylertoon2 wrote:Speaking of team. You guys, O.Hinds, Swicked, Bronode, any i've missed, are real troopers sticking like glue to Somber and helping this thing get written all for free. Phenomenal job to everyone.
Evilgidgit wrote:To O. Hinds, Bronode, swicked, Heartshine, Icy Shake, and even Snipehamster and Hidden Fortune. I thank you all for aiding Somber in moulding the story to its greatest potential.
Thank you. :)

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thanks.

Spoiler:

swicked wrote:You missed Icy Shake. "Eh, we'll leave it for Icy Shake" was a very common saying whenever there was too much discussion over a single bit of grammar.
Indeed yes! He may not be or have been officially on the team, but he has been of tremendous help.
That you for bringing that up, swicked, and I apologize for forgetting.

swicked wrote:It's amazing to me how much my thoughts and arguments ended up affecting the story...
:)

@Derpmind:
Spoiler:
Derpmind wrote:So, I missed some scenery and baddass counts, but forget that. The ending here is truly beautiful.
Glad you liked it. :)

And for my part of those thanks, you're welcome. :)
Thank you, in turn, for the party you played in the community you mention.

Derpmind wrote:Thanks to the writing team for ruining commercial fiction for me forever
Sorry about that bit, though. :)

Bootleg wrote:This story has supplied constant inspiration throughout the last four years. On one hand I'm sad to see it end, but on the other I'm happy that it ended so well. From the bottom of my little heart; Thank you Somber, thank you Editing team, and thank you Blackjack. I look forward to your future projects.
Thank you, you're welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Defrak wrote:Had to make an account to say thank you, this story story got me through some really tough times, I feel in love with the characters and their tale. I will definitely be re-reading for years to come, and will never forget the joy, fear, anger and sadness I felt during the reading of Horizons.

Thank you Somber and thank you to all the editors, you pulled it off, and brought everyone along for the wild ride.
You're welcome, and I'm glad that the story was such a help to you. :)

Ryx wrote:Thank you, Hinds, sir. I would offer you a hug or nuzzle, if you were interested in such things.
You're welcome, and thanks. :)
And you can hug me if you like. They're okay; I'm just not generally huggy enough to initiate them.
Spoiler:

@Icy Shake (again):
Ah, thanks (again :).

Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolNeim Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:22 am

Okay, I've been reading this story for about three years now, and Somber should be incredibly proud of what he's made, whether he is or not. It's been an incredible ride. I am just a little unclear about what happened in the epilogue, so I guess I'll keep spoilers for my guess.

Epilogue Spoilers:

Okay, was just wondering on that.
FoolNeim
FoolNeim
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:30 am

As a matter of curiosity... the text file with my chapter commentaries for PH has ended at 83,100 words... and though I'm not sure if it's entirely accurate, I counted at least around 275 pictures I've drawn because of this story.  That's just a little to show what this world has meant to me... and hopefully that picture count won't be stopping any time soon.

---

O. Hinds wrote:You're welcome, and thanks.  :)
And you can hug me if you like.  They're okay; I'm just not generally huggy enough to initiate them.
Okay, I just wanted to make sure first.  *hugs very gently*

replies:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolNeim Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:35 am

Sorry to make two posts in a row like this, especially when I rarely post here at all and mostly just lurk, but I wanted to make my comments about the story separate from the question above.

Somber, this is a really superb work of fiction, and maybe self-torture makes people more artistic, but you should be proud of this, it's masterful. Also, the ending covered things splendidly, despite my clarification question. Particularly the final scene of the Epilogue.

I didn't keep track of what happened with the printing of the original Fallout Equestria hardcopy printing, but his work certainly deserves the same treatment once the final editing is complete.

That being said, and this is the main point of my post, you seem to have quite a bit of talent whether you think so or not. I really, strongly would encourage you to write a novel that's not a fanfic, and something of your own. You have a bit of a cult following (far more than a bit by fanfic standards), and people willing to help you in the editing process that have some experience in it.

In fact, retaining some editors to help you along I think would be crucial, not because you can't write without them, but because the objective feedback of others seems to be far kinder to you than you are to yourself, and I think that would help you keep going.

No matter what, I do hope you continue to pursue writing professionally.

I'm not great with descriptive accolades, but thank you so much for Project Horizons, it definitely helped keep me sane during some very stressful periods of my life, and it was a splendid ride.
FoolNeim
FoolNeim
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:59 am

I like the epilogue. Had some mood whiplash there, but a lot of good stuff completed, and as the note said, some great plot hooks there. And the last page or so was, like the last bit of 77, just beautiful. This is how you stick the landing. You finished with I'd probably say the best two chapters (77 + E) since at least the original moon launch, maybe even since before 65. Again, should have more to say tomorrow, but for now, here's what I have.

Epilogue Running Thoughts:
Epilogue Editing:

I don't think I can thank you, Somber, and the editing team, enough, or for that matter, everyone else here. Project Horizons has meant a great deal to me these last four-ish years, and beyond being some of my favorite entertainment in that time, it has led me to have some opportunities I never expected in the pony community, and to meet and—I hope it's not too presumptuous to say—befriend at least some of the wonderful people of this site. Hope that the finalization stages go great, and the FimFic transfer, and all your future projects. Now, to sleep, I think, after some . . . way-too-many . . . happy hours.

ETA: God damn it, it is light out. Scootaloo
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:36 am

FoolNeim wrote:Okay, I've been reading this story for about three years now, and Somber should be incredibly proud of what he's made, whether he is or not. It's been an incredible ride.
Thanks. :)

FoolNeim wrote:I am just a little unclear about what happened in the epilogue, so I guess I'll keep spoilers for my guess.

Epilogue Spoilers:

Okay, was just wondering on that.
Spoiler:

Ryx wrote:As a matter of curiosity... the text file with my chapter commentaries for PH has ended at 83,100 words... and though I'm not sure if it's entirely accurate, I counted at least around 275 pictures I've drawn because of this story. That's just a little to show what this world has meant to me... and hopefully that picture count won't be stopping any time soon.
Wow.

Ryx wrote:Okay, I just wanted to make sure first. *hugs very gently*
And thank you for your consideration.

Spoiler:

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you. Again. :)

Spoiler:

Icy Shake wrote:I don't think I can thank you, Somber, and the editing team, enough, or for that matter, everyone else here. Project Horizons has meant a great deal to me these last four-ish years, and beyond being some of my favorite entertainment in that time, it has led me to have some opportunities I never expected in the pony community, and to meet and—I hope it's not too presumptuous to say—befriend at least some of the wonderful people of this site. Hope that the finalization stages go great, and the FimFic transfer, and all your future projects. Now, to sleep, I think, after some . . . way-too-many . . . happy hours.

ETA: God damn it, it is light out.
Well, for my part, you're welcome, and I'm glad you've gotten so much good from this. :)
And goodnight. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by TB3 Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:00 am

Oh, Lord - it's... it's over. And I feel like a complete heel for failing to post encouragement to Somber in the weeks leading up to it.

I... I can't believe we're at the end. It's been so long coming - heck, I've been reading this story for over three years at this point, and I still feel like we've only just begun.

And what an ending. WHAT an ending.

Spoiler:

It's hard to think I'll never feel that surge of excitment when I see the cover-art heading up an update post on Equestria Daily again. It's surprising how much this story has become a part of my daily routine. I've read chapters at home, at work, in early hours of the morning or late into the night, walking to the office or 30,000ft over the Atlantic.

And now it's over and done, but I can't wait to see what it might inspire, and to see people discuss and critique and debate it for months, or even years to come.

Thankyou guys. A million times over, thankyou for this work of art. If I oppurtunity arises I will absolutely be investing in a print copy, so long as I have the cash! I want print copies of this to treasure and place in places of honour on my bookcase.

Because this is Project Horizons, and it deserves nothing less.

Last edited by TB3 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 am; edited 2 times in total

TB3
Foal

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:06 am

TB3 wrote:Thankyou guys. A million times over, thankyou for this work of art. I will absolutely be investing in a print copy, so long as I have the cash! I want print copies of this to treasure and place in places of honour on my bookcase.
I'll echo that sentiment.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by TB3 Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:13 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
TB3 wrote:Thankyou guys. A million times over, thankyou for this work of art. I will absolutely be investing in a print copy, so long as I have the cash! I want print copies of this to treasure and place in places of honour on my bookcase.
I'll echo that sentiment.

Thankyou sir :)

Spoiler:

EDIT: And I just remembered a question I had.

Spoiler:

TB3
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:07 pm

@TB3: If that's true regarding Blackjack and Hatches, then PH would become even more amazing!

One thing I was a little puzzled by was this:
Spoiler:
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:13 pm

@Evilgidgit
@TB3
Wow, that is... an interesting theory.

Spoiler:
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:35 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Somber wrote:/me hugs Ryx.  I'm so glad that it finished well.
*hugs back close* It did, sir.

For your questions.

1) What were Buttercup's last words supposed to be in chapter 14?  Blackjack never did read them, she just stopped at, "I wanted to say ", and I've really been wanting to know what they were ever since...

Who?  Sorry, it's been so long I've completely forgotten.

2) What is your picture of the Equus system?  Is it just the planet, sun and moon, or are there any other planets out there?

Geocentric, held together by forces of magic, with gravity as a weaker force to that of magic.

3) If you actually had "real names" for P-21 and Hatches, what would they have been?

I actually have no idea.  I couldn't even think of a fake name for p-21.  He never rejected his old name.  That was why the Eater couldn't even make up a name.  Nothing would fit.

4) In the original idea where Boo was going to sacrifice herself after getting her cutie mark, what were you going to have it be?

A four pointed star of light.

5) How do you explain Whisper's taskforce at the end of 75 surviving the Enervation blast from point-blank range that nearly killed Scotch and Bastard in the upper atmosphere?  I know they had to survive, because of Velvet and Xenith, but I was wondering if there was some rationale for it, since it wouldn't seem like they'd have had Moonstone protection going into that fight.

They left before the Eater turned the enervation up to 100%.  If they'd have stuck around, they would have been liquefied in its scream, like Goldenblood.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:@TB3: If that's true regarding Blackjack and Hatches, then PH would become even more amazing!

One thing I was a little puzzled by was this:
Spoiler:

spoiler:
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:45 pm

I am really glad the ending and epilogue went well.  Heartshine said that as a literary critic, it should have ended with no epilogue, but that as a reader, we had to have one.

I really don't know what Hatches' name had been before she died, but it wasn't Blackjack nor was she Blackjack's sister.  99 did RARELY have siblings, but Blackjack didn't.  Something like that would have had to be monumentally foreshadowed to work.

Also, Blackjack will live a very... very... very long life.  The deals Pythia made with the stars guarantee it.  It will be a long time before she's reunited with Glory and P-21.  That's the ultimate price of trying to save something as immense and precious as the world.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Icy Shake, thank you so much for your thoughtful analysis.  I hope you saved them all somewhere.  I'd love to have them as a collection.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:03 pm

A thought somber, it was cute how you managed to get yourself in there. ;)

my reaction to this whole thing ending

https://youtu.be/ruSTiOmiyWw?t=4m14s
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:41 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Ryx wrote:As a matter of curiosity... the text file with my chapter commentaries for PH has ended at 83,100 words... and though I'm not sure if it's entirely accurate, I counted at least around 275 pictures I've drawn because of this story.  That's just a little to show what this world has meant to me... and hopefully that picture count won't be stopping any time soon.
Wow.
Oh, and almost 7000 words of bad fanfiction, forgot about that.

Somber wrote:
Ryx wrote:1) What were Buttercup's last words supposed to be in chapter 14?  Blackjack never did read them, she just stopped at, "I wanted to say ", and I've really been wanting to know what they were ever since...
Who?  Sorry, it's been so long I've completely forgotten.
She was the Overmare of Stable 90, the one that I believe Goldenblood had stolen parts from so that it never actually got built, where Blackjack and Glory took refuge for a little while when Leo was after them.

Somber wrote:
Ryx wrote:2) What is your picture of the Equus system?  Is it just the planet, sun and moon, or are there any other planets out there?
Geocentric, held together by forces of magic, with gravity as a weaker force to that of magic.
I... mostly remembered it was supposed to be geocentric, at least, so that's good.  I'll have to rule out "once in a millennia planetary alignment" as a trigger mechanism though, darn, heh.

Somber wrote:
Ryx wrote:3) If you actually had "real names" for P-21 and Hatches, what would they have been?
I actually have no idea.  I couldn't even think of a fake name for p-21.  He never rejected his old name.  That was why the Eater couldn't even make up a name.  Nothing would fit.
Ah, that's okay, I was just wondering if you'd had something in mind and then just never used it.  I agree with you, "P-21" is who he is, and I don't think any other name would fit nearly as well.

Somber wrote:
Ryx wrote:4) In the original idea where Boo was going to sacrifice herself after getting her cutie mark, what were you going to have it be?
A four pointed star of light.
Wait, a cutie mark that simple?  What have you done with Somber?!  Interesting, not what I would have imagined at all.

Somber wrote:
Ryx wrote:5) How do you explain Whisper's taskforce at the end of 75 surviving the Enervation blast from point-blank range that nearly killed Scotch and Bastard in the upper atmosphere?  I know they had to survive, because of Velvet and Xenith, but I was wondering if there was some rationale for it, since it wouldn't seem like they'd have had Moonstone protection going into that fight.
They left before the Eater turned the enervation up to 100%.  If they'd have stuck around, they would have been liquefied in its scream, like Goldenblood.
Ah, alright.  I did forget there was a squad of Alicorns there with them, not just Psalm... and that with the Brood temporarily out, they didn't have to be putting all their effort into shielding.  That and the attack charging would have given them time to leave, that Blackjack wouldn't have seen, since she was watching through Goldenblood, which had also slipped my mind.  As much of a specific question as this was, it was actually the one I was least worried about, and not really "worried" at that, just curious, but it's nice to have it clear at any rate.

Thank you for the answers, sir. *hugs very gently*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Somber for President
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:12 pm

@Somber At least Blackjack will have company in her immortality at least for a while. I'd like to ask if in your headcanon, the ghouls like Ditzy Doo and co. are still around after 400 years or have they all gone too?

Spoiler:
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TB3 Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:17 pm

Somber wrote:I am really glad the ending and epilogue went well.  Heartshine said that as a literary critic, it should have ended with no epilogue, but that as a reader, we had to have one.

I really don't know what Hatches' name had been before she died, but it wasn't Blackjack nor was she Blackjack's sister.  99 did RARELY have siblings, but Blackjack didn't.  Something like that would have had to be monumentally foreshadowed to work.

Also, Blackjack will live a very... very... very long life.  The deals Pythia made with the stars guarantee it.  It will be a long time before she's reunited with Glory and P-21.  That's the ultimate price of trying to save something as immense and precious as the world.

Thanks for the clarification Somber - and presumptous as it might sound, might I offer a hug as well? I can't really think of a better way to express what I'm feeling today, in the realisation that PH has come to an amazing and resounding ending.

TB3
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:53 pm

@TB3:
You're welcome, and thank you. :)

Spoiler:

@Harmony:
Thanks. :)

@TB3:
Spoiler:

@Evilgidgit:
Spoiler:

Somber wrote:Who? Sorry, it's been so long I've completely forgotten.
[looks up]
The overmare of Stable 90.
Day 24: Done. I’m done. Stable 90: Shortest-lived stable in Equestria. Thought of ending it… don’t deserve the quick end. This is Buttercup, acting overmare of Stable 90, and these are my last words: fuck Stable-Tec. Our stables suck. No. Those aren’t my last words. I wanted to say

Somber wrote:Geocentric, held together by forces of magic, with gravity as a weaker force to that of magic.
To answer the other part of the question, there are indeed other planets; they're mentioned slightly in the story.

swicked wrote:I have ideas.
I don't on that at the moment; sorry. I'm not especially good at naming.

Ryx wrote:Oh, and almost 7000 words of bad fanfiction, forgot about that.

Ryx wrote:I... mostly remembered it was supposed to be geocentric, at least, so that's good. I'll have to rule out "once in a millennia planetary alignment" as a trigger mechanism though, darn, heh.
No, I think that that can still work. The planets are there; we just don't know much about them.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootayay Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:52 pm

Thank you.
Thank you for creating such a wonderful world and letting us be part of it.
Thank you for all the fascinating characters we could follow along their path through life and share their moments of joy and desperation.
Thank you for all the times you made us laugh, cry, hope and fear.
Thank you for not giving up and pushing through to the very end, even with all the hardships thrown your way.
Thank you to those who helped make the story the best it could be.
Thank you for Project Horizons.

Thank you Somber, O. Hinds, Bronode, swicked and Heartshine.

Last but not least, thank you to the people here in this forum for all the insightful discussions and crazy theories that later turned out to be true. While I haven't really found the time lately, I used to visit this thread on a regular basis and always discovered something interesting.
(And who would want to miss the discussion about equestrian train track gauges.)

It's been a wonderful ride and I feel priviledged to have been part of it for more than three and a half years. Project Horizons is one of the best damn stories I've ever read.

Best of luck in your future endeavours.
Scootayay
Scootayay
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:27 pm

@Scootayay:
You're welcome, and thank you. :)

Scootayay wrote:(And who would want to miss the discussion about equestrian train track gauges.)
I know! :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:13 pm

So, running thoughts.

Spoiler:

Well, that was the epilogue then. Now I'm going to have to adjust to life without PH in my routine. It's going to be hard, but I'm sure Somber isn't done writing entirely. And it could be interesting if he explored the adventures of Scotch Tape as we watch a filly mature into a mare on an epic quest into a strange land.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:58 pm

swicked wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:
Bwuh?
SilentCarto and I had been asking about the cutie mark story for a little while. Giving your fans what they want is pandering and unacceptable, obviously, especially when it's something anodyne you were probably going to do anyway. And this and most fandoms are filled with drama queens.

swicked wrote:
tylertoon2 wrote:Speaking of team. You guys, O.Hinds, swicked, Bronode, any i've missed, are real troopers sticking like glue to Somber and helping this thing get written all for free. Phenomenal job to everyone. 
You missed Icy Shake. "Eh, we'll leave it for Icy Shake" was a very common saying whenever there was too much discussion over a single bit of grammar.
Aw, thanks!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Somber wrote:Icy Shake, thank you so much for your thoughtful analysis.  I hope you saved them all somewhere.  I'd love to have them as a collection.
You're welcome, and welcome to them.
Thoughts on new releases
Currently existing thoughts on archive dives
I was also planning on getting them to Fimfiction as blog posts or something at some point.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:23 am

All right, so here we go. The final lap. The last hurrah. The home stretch. It's all been leading up to this.

...hit it.

Chapter 77 Commentary:

Editing:

Epilogue Commentary:

Editing:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:20 am

@CD:
Spoiler:

@Icy Shake:
Spoiler:

Icy Shake wrote:I was also planning on getting them to Fimfiction as blog posts or something at some point.
Ah, neat.

@SilentCarto:
Ah, thank you.
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:45 am

Spoiler:
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:50 am

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Uh... 'imprint'? Did I forget something about Sweetie Bot getting restored from backup at some point?
Cognitum.
Oh. Okay.

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:I don't recognize these.
The second two are identified in my editor's note on that chapter, but the first one is a cameo of a certain author.  :)
I was thinking too hard.  Applebloom

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Uh. Shit. Which half are the babies in?...
They were transplanted before Blackjack went in here, remember?
Oh. No, I don't remember. I see it now, though, kinda glossed over.

O. Hinds wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Err. Shouldn't it be one of those razor butterflies rather than Twilight's star?
We had a discussion about that during editing, as it was a butterfly when it originally went in.  Somber decided to go with Magic staying the same shape, though, and the relation with Twilight's cutie mark working, if anything, the other way around.
Ah, okay. That's fair. I've made the same point about Magic to others before. (That Celestia must have known Twi's fate as soon as she saw her cutie mark, I mean. And that's based on S1 data -- the old book in the intro had Celestia wearing a six-pointed crown as she banished Nightmare Moon.)

Also, after having overnight to noodle it, I've decided that the hovering dust in the Astrostable is a sort of 3-d blast shadow of the stable residents when they got hit by Tom's annihilation beam.

Kinda weird to think that the epilogue takes place as long after FoE as FoE was after the show.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next