Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+11
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Frost
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Valikdu
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Scienza
15 posters

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Apparently, Paradox is making a space game now. It's called Stellaris.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 21 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:55 pm

So it'll be bugged as hell on release, each subsequent patch will break the game balance a little bit more, and they'll sell you over a hundred euros worth of music, sprites and fluff packs as DLCs?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am

I'd play some minecraft right now. Of course, all the servers I've used to visit are now gone.

Um... can anyone recommend some? Preferably with mods (like the full FtB pack).
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Fallout Shelter came out on Android yesterday.

If you don't hear me much in the next few days, that's probably the reason.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:29 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Fallout Shelter came out on Android yesterday.

If you don't hear me much in the next few days, that's probably the reason.

I have 151 inhabitants and 95-98% happiness.

Now all I need is badass enough dudes to stop Deathclaws before they get through more than two rooms.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:39 am

41 people and in constant growth thanks to gratuitous amount of inbreeding a concerted effort to breed the best traits among my Vault's citizens.

And defending the vault isn't a problem so far (against molerat and raiders with guns at this point in time), as I have had the luck to find one epic armor (X-01 Mk6 Power Armor) and two epic guns (gauss rifle and pressurized flamethrower).

I have a third very good gun, but I give it to whoever I happen to be sending on Exploring duty at the time.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:56 am

Lucky you. I'm stuggling at 23 Dwellers with best weapon so far Enchanced Saw-off shotgun and combat armor. Constantly under raider attack, so I can't send my best explorer, since he's guard as well...
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:39 am

I have a level 25 guy with a combat shotgun and combat armor affected to exploring duty. I sent him off yesterday evening with 10 stimpacks & rad-away, and 9 hours later he had consumed only about 3 of each and got over 10 pieces of loot.

I need to increase his luck though because at only 1, most of what he's bringing back is junk. But at least this'll be useful to build somekind of self-defence force against the Radroache menace:

One 3-room got infested by them, and while no one was armed, they were at full health, so I assumed they could deal with it themselves (I produce far more stimpak & rad-away than I consume, which means I'm always capped there unless I actually use them). I went to look at something else for a few seconds, and by the time I got back to it, half of the people in the room were dead. By the time the heavy lifting unit got there, there was no survivor.

I revived everyone through the power of caps, but dang did that sting. Never again, oh no.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Messing with time how? With your phone's clock?

Also, good to know about the roaches. Especially given all my production rooms are Tier-2 AND 3-room. Man they're going to be BAD at tier 3, isn't it?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:12 pm

Breaking news: this generation isn't completely fucked
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:46 pm

I've noticed that there's exactly 0 pony arts for Shadowrun Dragonfall, and very few of Baldur's Gate. So, I've commissioned a couple.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Blue team confirmed for Halo 5! Fluttershy
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Future-y future stuff
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Also, Just the other day Gen. Odierno stepped down as Army chief of staff, replaced by Gen. Milley--an infantryman like SMA Dailey.

This, too, heralds good things.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:05 am

If I have one criticism about Shelter it's that

if the touchscreen interface wasn't so clunky, I wouldn't seen half of my 50+ dwellers get killed in a single molerat attack just because I couldn't drag & drop first responders around quickly enough, and click on dwellers to give 'em stimpacks (as to insult to injuries they run everywhere in a panic when shit it the fan).

Now I'll have to spend the next few days grinding the caps to revive everyone, while my workers performances get impacted heavily from the unhappines of working around dead bodies.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:02 am

I mean, it's almost rage-quite inducing. Especially for a game that requires so much time investment. I know the game is going to sit for a bit because of that on my side.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:41 am

GODDAMIT

Another molerat attack and now even more of my dwellers are dead. Just when I had revived a number of them.

Fucking hell. Welcome to Frustration-Ville. Population: me

Turned off the radio room and re-affected the 4 dwellers that worked there on other posts. I'll be working at reduced efficiency without the morale boost, but I'm wondering if their broadcast may not have been the reason for the attacks (given it's supposed to provoke deathclaw attacks but I'm not yet to such a level where they might occur).

Vault 17. It's safe here.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:58 am

I think radio drastically increase any type of attacks, since while one person was there I had occasional raider attacks and radroach infestations. When two people with high charisma was there I was getting like 1 attack every 5 minutes
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:35 am

I had four Charisma-trained people broadcasting.

Yeah, fuck that literal noise.

Imma rely on inbreeding from now on.

(And now we better understand how some Vaults became so isolationnist)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:43 am

I give everyone armor that boosts their relevant special stats, but I kept all the weapons in my inventory--whenever there's a radroach attack, raider attack, or the like, the highest-level dwellers in the rom get the guns first, followed by everyone else. Combine with one of the first things I build being a med-bay so I've got plenty of Stimpacks, and I've never actually had a Vault Dweller die in combat. Hell, only ever had a Vault Dweller die because I set them exploring then went to sleep for the night. I woke up to find them 12 hours out and dead with tons of high-level gear. It wasn't a hard decision to revive them
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:If I have one criticism about Shelter it's that

if the touchscreen interface wasn't so clunky, I wouldn't seen half of my 50+ dwellers get killed in a single molerat attack just because I couldn't drag & drop first responders around quickly enough, and click on dwellers to give 'em stimpacks (as to insult to injuries they run everywhere in a panic when shit it the fan).

Now I'll have to spend the next few days grinding the caps to revive everyone, while my workers performances get impacted heavily from the unhappines of working around dead bodies.
This. Game's UI can't support the game's (poor) design. As is often the case with Bethesda games, it needs mods to be functional. Unfortunately, it's on mobile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:54 pm

I have difficulties understanding the people who own decent-enough PC yet prefer to play Fallout on their console
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:33 pm

ISIS steps up its PR agenda,

While the military has problems with motivation

Mostly because of this guy
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:18 am

So, apparently, if you don't revive your dead dwellers in the 2 days following their death, they despawn.

Meaning you also lose the gear they were equipped with.

This is bullshit. Seems like a shotty copout to artificially increase the difficulty / game's lifespan.

Either you allow to revive your dead dwellers or you don't. And in either case there's no excuse why you can't loot the gear from their cold body.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:16 am

Ranger-man speaks of Ranger stuff

But this asshole disagrees
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:43 am

Slight correction: you do get the gear back when the bodies ard despawned.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Ghost's new album is about to arrive! It is MUCH better than their second, which IMO was not as heavy as it might have been. This new one, aptly titled Meliora, fixed that a fair bit. Still basically just old fashioned slow-paced heavy metal with Satanic themes and a few extra odds and ends, but the songs on this one are pretty damn strong. Also, the band has a YouTube stream of the album.

@Ashley Madison (The cheating website what got hacked)
It is a bit hard to be upset about this. I'm not a fan of attacking a company's customers to get at the company, and I have a certain degree of respect for the argument that a mob of hackers shouldn't be acting as the guardians of individual morality, but, y'know, nobody likes a cheater. As you say, swicked, the fallout will be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:14 pm

On an unrelated note, Shadowrun: Hong Kong comes out today. After Dragonfall's ridiculously good campaign, I'm incredibly hyped.

Last edited by Scienza on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:49 pm

weird but interesting concept
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:35 pm

swicked wrote:A truly entertaining article.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/08/op-ed-how-i-gave-up-alternating-current/
"How I gave up alternating current"
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 21 Tesla64
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next