Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+11
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Frost
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Valikdu
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Scienza
15 posters

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:26 am

Scienza wrote:
Last wrote:http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/shara

that links contains spoilers as well as this:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:25 am

Well... Holy shit.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:47 am

Tytan wrote:Well... Holy shit.
Congratulations!

Good to see homophobia is now officially over. Just like racism :v
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Congratulations!

[Vaguely xenophobic fist shaking]

Seriously though. I didn't think the American government had it in it. They actually did something that actually mattered!

PLACE YER BETS!

Five to one odds the decision is repealed by the end of next year.

Three to one a couple of states try to claim some legal bullshit for why it doesn't count.

Two to one Texas threatens to secede from the union.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Man, fuck CNN for ruining this delightful moment with an autoplaying video. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Tytan wrote:Two to one Texas threatens to secede from the union.
Like I've been telling my folks since I got home--next time Texas threatens to secede, we need to tell them "you can't quit--because you're fired." And basically cut them off to let their 'militia' of fat, inbred rednecks fend agains the cartels who would assuredly attempt to take over the new "country" to become "El Methland" and we won't help because we'll be too busy killing ISIS
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:22 pm

The problem with that plan is that a large percentage of your aerospace and military industry, as well as your energy industry and other strategic industries, resides or is dependent on other industries which resides in Texas.

And considering the sheer economic importance of Texas to the US as a whole (will anyone think of the steaks??!), an independent and possibly commercially hostile Texas (border tariffs, etc) seems like the start of a bad domino effect.

Without even going into the possibility of having a true to form failed state right on the US' border. If you thought Mexico was bad already...

Yeah, I know that's just a joke, but I like to analyze these kind of hypotheticals.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Or we could kick Texas out and immediately invade it--they've got some Oil reserves, after all
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:57 pm

You could just skip a phase, streamline your plan, and directly jump to the reeducation camps / ethnic cleansing phase.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Harmony wrote:Congratulations!

Yeah... Still, much better than nothing!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:05 pm

So, it turns out mead is actually fucking fantastic. No wonder the Norse just got shitfaced, wrote poetry, and sacked Europe all the time. This shit's off the hook
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 pm

@Frost
I have sadly not ever tried it, but if it's anything like Bärenjäger, which is also heavily honey-related, I bet it's damn good stuff. Will put it on my to-do list. Anyway, Mjød! I haven't linked that in a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Oh yeah if you don't like the bitter hop taste most beers have Mead will be right up your alley. Because it's fermented with an already sweet, flavorful ingredient it tends to be only flavored with fruits (let me tell ya blackberry mead is kickass) and spices. It's kind of like wine in that sense except without snobby, pretentious, assholes spouting things about tannins and France, which is always a plus. 

Also since mead tends to be a very front and center kind of drink there is no need to "build up a taste" where it tastes like ass until you can properly taste the nuances and then it tastes good.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:07 am

I still don't like any sort of beer, not even if I've already been drinking. I'd rather sip on some Jameson or make a mixed drink from vodka, 7-Up and Vanilla--that shit's pretty baller.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:23 am

@Guard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2hsGZSVG4E

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Last wrote:@Guard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2hsGZSVG4E
Yes, the best pistol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:01 am

Caught up with Steven Universe. Jesus fuck, for a very low key show they really turn up the HP Lovecraft and body horror sometimes. Cosmic warmongers chained beneath the weight of the planet's oceans, horrid fusions of dead beings that manifest as a blindly flailing mass of arms and legs, and I'm pretty sure there's a place in the show that references the Enigma of Amigara Fault of all things. And these aren't treated as cute or brushed off, either, the characters react with horror and lingering dread. Very interesting show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:09 am

Yup. I currently look forward for Steven Universe episodes more than I do with MLP episodes (although tbf I'm not "looking forward" to mlp episodes these days, I just consume them as they come).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:02 pm

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/marriage_divorce_tables.htm

Don't wanna poop on anyone's parade but that marriage rate. I'm curious to see how same sex marriage will affect this, but I was pretty sure it was legal in something like 30 states before now.

Marriage (regardless of who it's between) given the extremely low rate it's occuring at it doesn't look all that significant.

Of course I'm sure there are individuals who will benefit, I won't deny that. But beyond that for all the celebration I wonder how much of an effect this has.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:50 pm

I think it's more about that whole 'equality' and 'civil rights' bullshit than it is about marriage statistics. All that proves is that the rhetoric that legalized gay marriage will 'ruin the institution of marriage' is complete horseshit.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Of course, if you wanna get married as long as your of age I don't see a problem with that. I just wonder what the actual impact was, what percentage of the homosexual community got married or is now in the process of doing so?

Given the rates of marriage and my relative certainty that over half the states already had same-sex marriage I would guess not very high. That of course doesn't mean the option shouldn't be available.

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:54 pm

Last wrote:Of course, if you wanna get married as long as your of age I don't see a problem with that. I just wonder what the actual impact was, what percentage of the homosexual community got married or is now in the process of doing so?

Given the rates of marriage and my relative certainty that over half the states already had same-sex marriage I would guess not very high. That of course doesn't mean the option shouldn't be available.

Or we could look at stock rather than flow data, e.g. here.
Slightly over half of US adults are married, and very nearly half if limiting to 18-64. It's also worth noting that the LGB population is estimated to be about 3-3.5% of the total. Of course that won't have much effect on long-run marriage rates. ~49%+49%*.035 = ~50.5%. But assuming it'll in the long run affect the same proportion of the LGB population as heterosexuals, you're talking very nearly half (trending downward over time, maybe) at any given time, and still more divorcees and widow(er)s.

Oh, and let's not forget that the most severe recession in almost 80 years started in 4Q2007, continued halfway through 2009, and the recovery since has been decidedly lackluster. That's had a noticeable depressing effect on the birth rate, and probably the marriage rate too for the last several years of the table you linked.

But anyway, as Frost said, that's not really the point in the first place.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:37 pm

I'm honestly not sure the point of even bringing up statistics. The whole matter of gay rights is one of individual freedom, and even beyond that--honestly, it doesn't effect me, you, or any of The Gays looking to marry if every marriage was a happy-ever-after fairy tale or if the divorce rate was in the 90% region. It is the role of neither the government more the public to delve into peoples' private lives
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Last wrote:http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/marriage_divorce_tables.htm

Marriage (regardless of who it's between) given the extremely low rate it's occuring at it doesn't look all that significant.

This was the point of the table. I was questioning the importance of marriage based on low marriage rates combined with a divorce rate that was nearly half of the marriage rate.

Plus stats would be pretty good for tracking an impact, which is something I'm curious of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:41 am

Last wrote:
Last wrote:http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/marriage_divorce_tables.htm

This was the point of the table. I was questioning the importance of marriage based on low marriage rates combined with a divorce rate that was nearly half of the marriage rate.

Plus stats would be pretty good for tracking an impact, which is something I'm curious of.
I think the one of the main things was that being married has pretty significant tax and insurance benefits that the "equivalent" civil unions didn't.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 pm

There are also places that don't allow you to adopt if you're not married. For good reason, one parent isn't as good as two.

But, I didn't say there was no benefit to getting married. If very few people are getting married even with benefits for doing so then I come to the same conclusion that marriage isn't that important.

As far as civil unions go, What? I'm not anti same-sex marriage. If two men or two women or whatever want to get married, who cares? I'm just curious of what that number or percentage is. How many same-sex couples are actually attempting to get married.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Caught up with Steven Universe. Jesus fuck, for a very low key show they really turn up the HP Lovecraft and body horror sometimes. Cosmic warmongers chained beneath the weight of the planet's oceans, horrid fusions of dead beings that manifest as a blindly flailing mass of arms and legs, and I'm pretty sure there's a place in the show that references the Enigma of Amigara Fault of all things. And these aren't treated as cute or brushed off, either, the characters react with horror and lingering dread. Very interesting show.

That 'Do it for him' song tho.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:23 pm

@Ty
Yeah, the show really does not shy away from presenting heavy stuff when it's appropriate.

Semi-related note, I saw Apocalypse Now: Redux recently. Really good movie. Not sure what the differences are between that cut and the original (it's a major re-editing and it's over three hours long), but I definitely enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:52 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Ty
Yeah, the show really does not shy away from presenting heavy stuff when it's appropriate.

Semi-related note, I saw Apocalypse Now: Redux recently. Really good movie. Not sure what the differences are between that cut and the original (it's a major re-editing and it's over three hours long), but I definitely enjoyed it.
The entire French plantation bit was added, not sure what else.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:04 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Ty

I was more just referring to the the song.

Shit made me want to learn how to swordfight.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next