Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+11
Downloaded Skill
Katarn
Frost
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Valikdu
Tytan
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Scienza
15 posters

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Hm..in that case. Dunno, can you like..take (paid) vacation? Or 'sick leave' for all procedures and rehabilitation period (if any)?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 26 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:13 pm

@Katarn: it may be possible, but were I to use that option, at this point in time that'd be only for the stuff that'd actually require me to get operated on & to rest from it. So the actual, from-cis-to-passing "transition" period would in very large majority be accomplished while I'm still working.

Thus this answers the question Swicked asked: the way I "present" at work will depend mostly of my feeling at the time, and as far as administrative matters are concerned, as soon as administratively possible. Given the people I work with, a top-down approach might be more effective.

As for the "length" of transition, it can take years as much as it can take a few months. Mostly, from the start of HRT to the point where most people assume you're cis and not trans unless told so (which, by the way, isn't even a given for everyone...), expect one to two years.

Swicked: well, I'm not even sure I want kids of my own, and even then, I think I may want to privilege adoption, for ideological reasons. Mostly, I think the deciding factor will be how much it costs.

See: https://m.reddit.com/r/transtimelines/
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Good luck, Harmony, with the transitioning and the job. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:22 pm

Congrats, Harm!
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Best of luck, Harmony! What do the antidiscrimination laws/policies, if any, look like in your jurisdiction, or other worker protections?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:08 pm

On an unrelated note, apparently David Cameron fucked a dead pig.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:11 pm

So I started listening to Hamilton, a rap-musical about Alexander Hamilton, today, and so far I'm really liking it.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:28 am

Just started playing Life is Strange, jesus, Max is the most angst ridden protagonist since Taylor in early arcs of Worm. Story already looks like it's taking the express train to shitville, and every new plot point keeps making everything worse. Can't say too much yet, I don't think I'm too far in, I like the time mechanic, bit fiddly though.

@Harm: Best of luck!
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:48 am

@String: The plot can be accurately summed up as "it got worse"
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Keeping in mind I don't follow the news and don't know the details of what happened here...

... there's a penal offense in the French code of Law which is "incitation to racial hatred", which basically states that the public expression of rhetoric which might incite to racial hatred, prejudice and violence, is -not- covered under Free Speech, and can be legally punished depending on the severity of the facts judged.

In this case, what she allegedly said, in public at a political rally, would typically fit the requirements to be judged as "incitation to racial hatred" by our judicial standards.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:58 pm

"Racism" has a pretty broad definition here, when it comes to anti-discrimination laws; and iirc it includes ethnicity as well as religion (anti-semitism for example is covered under racism that way).

Can't say about sexuality, but if it isn't covered by that law it is probably covered by another one.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:41 pm

Frost wrote:@String: The plot can be accurately summed up as "it got worse"
That sounds about right from what I've read. Does it get more supernatural in nature or is it mostly teen and small town drama?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:07 pm

Stringtheory wrote:
That sounds about right from what I've read. Does it get more supernatural in nature or is it mostly teen and small town drama?
The supernatural elements and the running threads of murder and such get played up more and more as the episodes go on, yes. 

@Franciness: given I've seen Germans arrested for doing the 'Hitler Salute' and Harm's mentioned previously that walking down the street in Nazi-associated regalia can get you arrested in France, plus art or even people being outright banned in Britain.....I'd say Europe in general is a bit more liberal with its censorship.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:30 am

Frost wrote:
Stringtheory wrote:
The supernatural elements and the running threads of murder and such get played up more and more as the episodes go on, yes. 

@Franciness: given I've seen Germans arrested for doing the 'Hitler Salute' and Harm's mentioned previously that walking down the street in Nazi-associated regalia can get you arrested in France, plus art or even people being outright banned in Britain.....I'd say Europe in general is a bit more liberal with its censorship.
Just finished the first episode, no dramatic ending twist, but I assume the future episodes ramp it up.

Baseless Speculation:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:46 pm

"Jesus is always present"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:51 pm

...Huh.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:09 am

I had the most bizarrely specific dream last night. 

I dreamt I was a bootlegger during the prohibition that was making moonshine with my buddies from the Great War.

And through some circumstances that I don't quite recall we pissed off the Matriarch of this family of backwoods hillbillies. 

The whole thing culminated in a shootout between my buddies and their massive family. Us with our single shot rifles and bayonets and them with shotguns and revolvers. I remember that fact because I went down in what might have been the most depressing, anticlimactic blaze of glory ever. 

The Matriarch shot me in the chest right after my rifle misfired after I'd just got done shooting four of the inbred assholes. I might have lived until she passed her revolver to her retarded son and used me as a murder teaching aid. 

The dream ended with me sputtering insults at her and her son as my chest cavity filled with blood and attempting a last ditch effort to use my bayonet like a throwing knife as they walked away, only to have the knife fall several feet short in some mud and leaves.

What do you guys think? Should I sell the movie rights?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:00 am

Could at least make an interesting short-story or novella if done right.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Oh, Japan...
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:36 pm

Damn that thing is expensive. $1,600 dollars plus an additional $380 a month?

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:05 pm

Curious. Most people who've talked to me in person agree that I'm quite slow to anger. Last night, though (during what was absolutely not the first smoke session I was 'participating' in without having perpetrated the actions in question, so it wasn't a unique circumstance) a man of less self-control would have wrung the team leader in question's neck like a chicken. I was (and, in a lesser lingering sense) absolutely, murderously furious. Odd.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:36 am

A weapon... to surpass Gamer Poop.

(well, actually it's a couple years older that the first GP... but anyway, get PILLS against my orders! GET MOVING!)
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:04 pm

Iirc something similar happened a few years ago, in pretty much the same circumstances.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:12 pm

It's happening there every year. IIRC in 90's there were 'anti-record' with something around 1200 people dead.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:57 pm

Damn . . . isn't that more than get stampeded each Black Friday? Actually, checking this site of surely unimpeachable accuracy, it's 700 times the number of Black Friday stampeding deaths since 2006.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:49 pm

Checking the front page says it's your birthday. So happy birthday Katarn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:30 am

Thanks, Last.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:46 am

Oh, happy birthday!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:44 pm

And after he celebrate it tonight, he'll have a happy barfday! Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Harmony, my birthday was on Monday, I have whole work week ahead of me...I need to wait till weekend Spike
And then I'll be like Twilight
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next