Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+49
Scienza
Tacoman587
Downloaded Skill
iLateralGX
Luminous Lead
atikin
Veradon Chimera
Caoimhe
Train Dodger
Laperlazus
Thoroar
Stack Trace
FoolNeim
nallar
Vixie
PeppyJoe
joltius
Strawberry
Technowolf
neoaustin
Anonymouss
BLame
Caringhide
Silver136
Vexd
decumos
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Blue Heron
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
MiniGaunt
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
FeatherDust
O. Hinds
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
JadedPony
CD
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Somber
ILM126
WavemasterRyx
Epsilon
Borsuq
53 posters

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by decumos Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:27 pm

Sorry if that's unrelated to the current discussion, but I've made a small Project Horizons mod for Civilization V a couple of days ago. If you guys enjoy Civilization you might want to check it out. There's only two factions-civilizations right now, though I am going to add more eventually. PH civs.
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:06 pm

I don't play Civ V, but that looks pretty neat.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:24 pm

ILM126 wrote:I did search/researched some of the terms you said up there, and I took sometime to read it. But I still didn't understand much of it, I tried, sorry ^^"  Scootaloo
Yeah, sorry about that. I kinda went Twilight on you, didn't I?  Twilight Sparkle

"Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy" (BSE) is the official name of Mad Cow Disease. "Encephalopathy" just means "disease of the brain". "Spongiform" means exactly what it sounds like -- this disease kills bits of the brain until the brain looks like a sponge. (And, of course, "Bovine" means "Cow".)

When a cow catches BSE, the disease starts to destroy the cow's brain. The cow becomes aggressive, then loses control of its muscles and dies. However, it takes months or years for a cow to show the signs of being infected, so if they're slaughtered for food in the meantime, people could eat the infected meat and catch the disease as well. It affects humans differently from cattle, but in both cows and humans it's always fatal. There is no cure.

A "pathogen" is something that causes disease, like bacteria, parasites, or viruses. BSE is caused by a kind of pathogen called a prion. Prions are really weird because they aren't even technically alive.
More on prions:

All the rest were just examples of diseases that influence the way an infected animal acts to help spread the infection. Imagine if you caught a cold, and in addition to making you sneeze, it made you want to sneeze right in people's faces!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:30 am

Strawberry wrote:Good day, and I'm sorry for the Google Translate.
I could not understand where is the somber and how to write a personal message, so throw off the picture here. This is for him, I hope you do not mind.
Somber good pony and his fanfic I really like. I have read so far only 28 chapters but remained in full delight of reading and want to continue.
Thank you for a wonderful story. * Stroked the soft mane owned Somber *
Ещё только двадцать восемь? Не знаю, пожалеть тебя иль позавидовать не знанию твоему. Крепись, Клубничка, на страницах сих тебя ждёт многое, радости и горести, смех и слёзы, а заодно безумие, безумие самого автора. Ты очень удивишься тому, что начнёт происходить ближе к семидесятым главам. Но, надеюсь, перенесёшь это стойко.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Joltius Aurelian the Word Bearer
Species: Astartes

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:49 am

O. Hinds wrote:Thank you for the offer.  :)
(I think.  I'm sure I'd be just as bad trying to say something on a Russian forum, but it is a bit difficult to understand you.  I seem to recall hearing that PH help some other nonnative speakers learn English, though, so you might have a good opportunity there.)
Doubtful that he/she try to learn English. Most likely, he/she read PH in translation, but you are right – it's really a good start.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:19 am

Ah, and welcome to you too, joltius.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:49 am

swicked wrote:Unless Strawberry is reading PH through google translate.
We maybe not a professional translators, but don't use 100% "google translate". Yes, our text needs editing, but you can read it now as is and enjoy it. Actualiy chapters 24-53 need alot of editing and some retranslation, not every of it, but still.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:39 pm

swicked wrote:Hinds, if there's a particularly good translation being made for PH, should it be linked from the hub page?

Unless Strawberry is reading PH through google translate.
I read a good translation, Joltius one of its authors. He wrote that the translation is not perfect in some places (and it is), and that they are not professionals, but the translation is good, actually. Translation errors there is likely insufficient cut diamond, not something really disturbing. Shortcomings rather small and rare, actually. I like it.

joltius wrote:Ещё только двадцать восемь? Не знаю, пожалеть тебя иль позавидовать не знанию твоему. Крепись, Клубничка, на страницах сих тебя ждёт многое, радости и горести, смех и слёзы, а заодно безумие, безумие самого автора. Ты очень удивишься тому, что начнёт происходить ближе к семидесятым главам. Но, надеюсь, перенесёшь это стойко.

Да, ты уже говорил мне это на табуне, няша. Я готов. Извини если я тут случайно написал что-то не то...  Derpy Hooves  К слову, было бы действительно неплохо занести твой перевод к ним в ссылки, одним файлом. Может быть я делаю что-то не то, но мне было сложно найти его целиком - главы дальше 28й чуть ли вообще не по одной, отдельно валялись, сервис на который ссылались скрепляющие ссылки был закрыт, а те что вели не на него почему то давали только одну главу - да и то первую. Через несколько часов мне повезло найти 70 глав одной фб2-шкой.. но это мне, а на борде ответили что такой компиляции нет в природе и пообещали ручками собрать, например. Было бы классно, ну, знаешь, просто тыкнуть куда-нибудь и получить нечто такое уже готовым, сразу все готовые главы.
И перевод твой (ваш) хороший, ещё раз спасибо.

Strawberry
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:54 pm

decumos wrote:Sorry if that's unrelated to the current discussion, but I've made a small Project Horizons mod for Civilization V a couple of days ago. If you guys enjoy Civilization you might want to check it out. There's only two factions-civilizations right now, though I am going to add more eventually. PH civs.

Yeah, and as Hinds said. This mod really looks good! I couldn't wait to see more of this, I'm also thinking of getting this game... When it's on sale... Scootaloo (USD$70! Gah!)

But still, it looks amazing!
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:07 pm

ILM126 wrote: This mod really looks good! I couldn't wait to see more of this

Thanks!

ILM126 wrote: When it's on sale... Scootaloo  (USD$70! Gah!)

Wait, what? $70? For real? Is that even legal? I mean, even Charity would say that's a daylight robbery!
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:57 pm

swicked wrote:Hinds, if there's a particularly good translation being made for PH, should it be linked from the hub page?
Oh, good idea!

@Joltius:
As Strawberry says that you are one of the translators of a good translation, might I trouble you for a link to link?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:16 pm

I can't speak to the quality of the translations (is joltius part of Russian Translation Team?), but there are three translations I am aware of from the EQD monthly FoE update posts: Spanish, Russian, and Polish (this one stopped at chapter 10).
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:02 pm

I'll link the Spanish and Russian ones; thanks.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:26 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Oh, good idea!

@Joltius:
As Strawberry says that you are one of the translators of a good translation, might I trouble you for a link to link?
Yes, me and Caringhide are both translators of this fic. In addition now I'm an editor too. And what links do you need? Icy Shake is already gave you link on http://fallout-equestria.com/story/view/278/ and yes, this is our translation, though I didn't know about it. But, as you can see, it ends on ch68. The Newlifer, creator of this translation, and all of editors, laid six cucumbers of lenght on it long time ago. But I have fb2 of PH with all chapter in wich I add new one every time we finish one, so it's up to date. And if you need it, it lay on this google-drive
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:30 am

joltius wrote:laid six cucumbers of lenght on it long time ago
Um. I think that something must not have translated properly there.

Overall, are you saying that the link Icy Shake gave is indeed a link to your translation but is not the link I ought to be using?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:56 am

O. Hinds wrote:
joltius wrote:laid six cucumbers of lenght on it long time ago
Um.  I think that something must not have translated properly there.

Overall, are you saying that the link Icy Shake gave is indeed a link to your translation but is not the link I ought to be using?
Oh no, it translated properly Chrysalis . It a very scabrous expression. It's came from one russian fic that I really likes. Fact is that Newlifer and all editors lost interest to PH from about ch30.

I don't tell that you can't use it, just that page wasn't created by me or one of our remaining translator. Maybe it was made by Newlifer, maybe not, use it if you want I don't dispute that.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:31 am

Sorry if that wasn't the best place; the closest to a hub page I could find (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tQGZgaF_aZciqMYeP7CQuIT_pU9XPlQbhP-4eDpjGPs/edit) looked like it had stopped updating long ago. (Also, that site was much better for the Spanish translation than directly going to the person's DA account, since after chapter 28 it was all mixed in with a ton of other things instead of segregated in its own folder.) I don't know who originally submitted it there, but it looks like Arcane Scroll, or whoever's since taken over as admin of the site, had been keeping track until a few chapters ago.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:40 am

Icy Shake wrote:Sorry if that wasn't the best place; the closest to a hub page I could find (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tQGZgaF_aZciqMYeP7CQuIT_pU9XPlQbhP-4eDpjGPs/edit) looked like it had stopped updating long ago. (Also, that site was much better for the Spanish translation than directly going to the person's DA account, since after chapter 28 it was all mixed in with a ton of other things instead of segregated in its own folder.) I don't know who originally submitted it there, but it looks like Arcane Scroll, or whoever's since taken over as admin of the site, had been keeping track until a few chapters ago.
Yes, this is our translation hub and it conteins only edited chapters. And about site, new chapters just wasn't add to Github. I gave them to Newlifer, but he didn't add them as I can see.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:07 am

@joltius and Icy Shake:
Ah, okay; thank you both. I'll add the second link as an alternate.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:18 am

O. Hinds wrote:@joltius and Icy Shake:
Ah, okay; thank you both.  I'll add the second link as an alternate.
You can also add link on my fb2. Link on our hub contains only first chapter.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:36 am

Guys, how hard is it actually to get an translation done? How work does it involve?
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:12 am

joltius wrote: Fact is that Newlifer and all editors lost interest to PH from about ch30.
*intensely sad*
Надеюсь ты имел в виду что они потеряли интерес к переводу, его редактированию и всё такое - устали.

Strawberry
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:23 am

joltius wrote:
The link I added was https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tQGZgaF_aZciqMYeP7CQuIT_pU9XPlQbhP-4eDpjGPs/edit; was that not right? It seems to go to 23, as far as I can see. I'm afraid that I don't know what an fb2 is.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:38 am

ILM126 wrote:Guys, how hard is it actually to get an translation done? How work does it involve?
Well, if you want make good translation – it's actually hard. Copy-paste in google-translate is very easy, but it's not translation, the text that you receive by that way in most cases is unreadable and you need to edit it by yourself. And text edit is hard work. Besides that all languages is different and have their own proverbs, slang and etc. And when you translate text you must find analogue for such things in your own language. For example my sentence about "six cucumbers of length", in russian fandome everyone would understand what did a mean, but Hinds didn't. And good translation is slow process. When you read text you think that translate it is easy deal, but when you begin to translate you realize how wrong you were. In our team were total, from 2012 to now, more then 100+ translators, but now there is only four-five of us.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:43 am

O. Hinds wrote:
joltius wrote:
The link I added was https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tQGZgaF_aZciqMYeP7CQuIT_pU9XPlQbhP-4eDpjGPs/edit; was that not right?  It seems to go to 23, as far as I can see.  I'm afraid that I don't know what an fb2 is.
Link is right, but fb2 on hub page contains only one chapter.

Read this fb2 were originated in Russia.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:49 am

ILM126 wrote:Guys, how hard is it actually to get an translation done? How work does it involve?
Em.. can i have one of this "believe in Somber" circle thing? I want some Shy

O. Hinds wrote: I'm afraid that I don't know what an fb2 is.

Oh, its file format for tabs and m.phones on android. This type of tabs.. http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/774/media/images/Asus_Vivo_Smart_Tab_598039_i0.jpg
With the tablet is nice and easy to read fanfics. In addition it can be done anywhere ..
For fb2 you need special software, but on the other hand, you can read the small nice pages with normal-sized characters and flip through them all in one motion (and flip through chapters easy too). Page 1, page 2 .. instead of a solid text that needs to scroll. On my tablet FoE:PH takes about 9000+ pages, by the way.

Strawberry
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:56 am

joltius wrote:

Как насчёт этого? http://rghost.ru/8HSqlzDCS
/Я так и не нашёл откуда скачал его, поэтому скинул на ргхост. Читаю в данный момент его.. вроде всё работает прекрасно.

Strawberry
Foal

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:29 am

joltius wrote:Link is right, but fb2 on hub page contains only one chapter.
Ah, so I don't need to change anything on the main hub page?

joltius wrote:Read this fb2 were originated in Russia.
Strawberry wrote:Oh, its file format for tabs and m.phones on android. This type of tabs.. http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/774/media/images/Asus_Vivo_Smart_Tab_598039_i0.jpg
With the tablet is nice and easy to read fanfics. In addition it can be done anywhere ..
For fb2 you need special software, but on the other hand, you can read the small nice pages with normal-sized characters and flip through them all in one motion (and flip through chapters easy too). Page 1, page 2 .. instead of a solid text that needs to scroll. On my tablet FoE:PH takes about 9000+ pages, by the way.
Ah, thanks.

Strawberry wrote:Em.. can i have one of this "believe in Somber" circle thing? I want some
The image is here.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:45 am

Strawberry wrote:
joltius wrote:

Как насчёт этого? http://rghost.ru/8HSqlzDCS
/Я так и не нашёл откуда скачал его, поэтому скинул на ргхост. Читаю в данный момент его.. вроде всё работает прекрасно.
Ты много от куда мог его скачать, но первоисточником является мой гуглодиск. Посмотри ссылку в моих постах на Табуне. Там уже добавлена 74-я глава.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by joltius Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:59 am

O. Hinds wrote:
joltius wrote:Link is right, but fb2 on hub page contains only one chapter.
Ah, so I don't need to change anything on the main hub page?
No, but you can add link in download section on my google-drive with fb2 that contains all 74 chapters. A lot of readers want PH in one single file, but don't know where to download it. Question "Where to download Horizons" is kinda mem now, and you receive ban for it.
joltius
joltius
Colt/Filly

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next