Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+49
Scienza
Tacoman587
Downloaded Skill
iLateralGX
Luminous Lead
atikin
Veradon Chimera
Caoimhe
Train Dodger
Laperlazus
Thoroar
Stack Trace
FoolNeim
nallar
Vixie
PeppyJoe
joltius
Strawberry
Technowolf
neoaustin
Anonymouss
BLame
Caringhide
Silver136
Vexd
decumos
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Blue Heron
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
MiniGaunt
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
FeatherDust
O. Hinds
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
JadedPony
CD
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Somber
ILM126
WavemasterRyx
Epsilon
Borsuq
53 posters

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:46 pm

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:02 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 Somber11
74!  This will, I expect, upset many people in varying ways.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:22 am

Yeah.  This chapter was rough.  We were kinda in a rush to post and go.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:36 am

Rough's a bit of an understatement here, isn't it..? Geez, trying to think of something to say, but words just seem to fail me. What can you say to all that?

Incredible job you guys. Heart-wrenching beyond belief, but incredible.
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:21 am

Aye, sorry, swicked. You'd thought your surprise work thing would take all of tomorrow too, though (or at least that's the impression I got), and we made really good time. Despite some of the, ah, content.
(Personally, I wasn't really significantly impaired, but that's because of particulars of my emotional processing stuff. I suspect that you might similarly sail through, but I also suspect, and am seeing data supporting, that we'd be atypical there.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:54 am

*nuzzles Somber and Hinds each just barely*

Chapter 74 Commentary:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Heron Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:17 am

Oh goddesses. My heart.

Blue Heron
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:29 am

Alright.... Off to read that chapter now. And I will do my best at writing a commentary and/or chapter review... I'll try...
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:57 am

I like this coming out on a Saturday night instead of a Sunday night. Wish I wasn't losing an hour, though. Also, why is Daylight Savings Time the part of the year when we have lots of daylight hours? Doesn't make any sense.

Chapter Seventy Four Running Thoughts:
Chapter Seventy Four Editing:

Will have more tomorrow, but that was a motherfucker of a chapter. I can see why it was hard on you, and am impressed you got it out in only four weeks. Thank you all.

Also, I tried to post this in the wrong thread. Oops!
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:45 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you.

Icy Shake wrote:Also, why is Daylight Savings Time the part of the year when we have lots of daylight hours? Doesn't make any sense.
Why do we still have DST at all?

Replies Spoilered to to Low Elapsed Time Since Chapter Release:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:30 am

Another very good chapter...
Spoiler:
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:09 am

@Evilgidgit:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:04 am

This was essentially what I expected to have happen at this point. It's fantastic in that I love it, but terrible in that it hurts just as much as I feared it would.

Spoiler:

Thank you so much, guys. Rock on.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:06 am

swicked wrote:I thought so, too, but I was holding out hope things would turn out differently.
Sorry.

swicked wrote:I suppose my absense contributed to the lack of delays :P
Oh, we had plenty of those sorts of delays even without you. :)
At least until things got kind of quiet near the end of the resolving.

swicked wrote:No idea what you are referring to regarding emotions. I suppose I'll see, though.
Aye, I imagine it'll be pretty obvious.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:14 am

Vergil wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

By the way...:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:26 am

O. Hinds wrote:
By the way...:

Well...

Spoiler:
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:38 am

Hm, interesting point...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:02 am

Awesome chapter, as always.

Chapter 74 spoilers:
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:10 pm

74 SPOILER:
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Epsilon Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:01 pm

decumos wrote:
74 SPOILER:

Spoiler:
Epsilon
Epsilon
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by decumos Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:40 pm

74, duh!:
decumos
decumos
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 21

Character List:
Name: Lunar Lefty
Sex: Stallion
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:13 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Some of the others are a bit iffy ("Are they referring to the Pink Cloud or using the definite article for other reasons to refer to a cloud that is pink and also is the Pink Cloud?"), but it'll be fine to just convert them all, I think.
They should all be lower-case. You capitalize the names of events (i.e. Black Death) but not specific things (bubonic plague) unless they contain a proper noun, such as a product or place name (Ebola virus.)

O. Hinds wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 Somber11
74! This will, I expect, upset many people in varying ways.
Oh. Crud. I'm upset because I've been out all weekend so I didn't get to read this yet!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Sorry is was so bad everyone.  Thanks for the feedback tho.  I'm sorry I upset so many people, including two of my editors.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Okay.  So I hurt two of my editors and... made another really happy.  So I'm batting 2/1?
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:54 pm

O. Hinds wrote:@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you.

Icy Shake wrote:Also, why is Daylight Savings Time the part of the year when we have lots of daylight hours? Doesn't make any sense.
Why do we still have DST at all?
Okay, I agree, but that's an issue that at least takes some real research and thought to determine that it's not worthwhile. The name is self-evidently stupid on its own terms. Also, Standard Time takes up only about a third of the year! That's the opposite of "standard"!
But yeah, it should be gone, and I'll one-up that: I think all timezones should just be collapsed into GMT. It goes without saying the US should finally adopt the metric system. And I have some thoughts on calendar reform I don't think should actually be implemented but which I believe would be an aesthetic improvement.  Applebloom

O. Hinds wrote:
Replies Spoilered to to Low Elapsed Time Since Chapter Release:
Spoiler:

O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Chapter Seventy Four Overall Thoughts:
More Chapter Seventy Four Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Somber wrote:Sorry is was so bad everyone.  Thanks for the feedback tho.  I'm sorry I upset so many people, including two of my editors.
Spoiler:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:29 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Vergil wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

By the way...:

decumos wrote:
74, duh!:

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Some of the others are a bit iffy ("Are they referring to the Pink Cloud or using the definite article for other reasons to refer to a cloud that is pink and also is the Pink Cloud?"), but it'll be fine to just convert them all, I think.
They should all be lower-case. You capitalize the names of events (i.e. Black Death) but not specific things (bubonic plague) unless they contain a proper noun, such as a product or place name (Ebola virus.)

O. Hinds wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 Somber11
74!  This will, I expect, upset many people in varying ways.
Oh. Crud. I'm upset because I've been out all weekend so I didn't get to read this yet!

Somber wrote:Okay.  So I hurt two of my editors and... made another really happy.  So I'm batting 2/1?

swicked wrote:
Somber wrote:Okay.  So I hurt two of my editors and... made another really happy.  So I'm batting 2/1?
Maybe not happy. I don't know how to describe the feeling this is. Elation? Euphoria? Manic? Breathing hard, heart beating fast. The song helped. My eyes feel watery.
Maybe just adrenaline?

You made something increadibly powerful, here. Seriously, good job.
I'm glad I play some small role in this :)

I want to shake your hand. You are very good at this.

I remember you remarking once about how you have people to reign you in when you go too dark. Like you were going to with Boo gaining a soul in the core. I wish I could read a story of yours where you let yourself go that dark.
...or do you read stories like that? Have any recommendations? You're just so good at this Twilight Sparkle
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:03 pm

swicked wrote:
Spoiler:
Of course I didn't forget her, I just didn't feel it necessary to mention. *shrugs*

And I never said anything about blame directly.  You just happen to be a more relevant example than the rather large number of people I constantly see on tumblr and elsewhere, who also derive satisfaction from the outpouring of emotion achieved by placing a character in traumatic circumstances.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Epsilon wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

decumos wrote:Can someone remind me, have Littlepip's friends already activated Gardens of Equestria at this point?
They have not.

SilentCarto wrote:They should all be lower-case. You capitalize the names of events (i.e. Black Death) but not specific things (bubonic plague) unless they contain a proper noun, such as a product or place name (Ebola virus.)
I'd classify the Pink Cloud as a proper noun, but, regardless, our standard is to capitalize it. Sorry.

Icy Shake wrote:Okay, I agree, but that's an issue that at least takes some real research and thought to determine that it's not worthwhile. The name is self-evidently stupid on its own terms. Also, Standard Time takes up only about a third of the year! That's the opposite of "standard"!
But yeah, it should be gone, and I'll one-up that: I think all timezones should just be collapsed into GMT. It goes without saying the US should finally adopt the metric system. And I have some thoughts on calendar reform I don't think should actually be implemented but which I believe would be an aesthetic improvement.
Well now, timezones seem to serve a useful purpose. They're annoying sometimes, but the system to compensate for using one time everywhere probably wouldn't be much less complex. Also, metrication and calendar reform would both be active changes; to abolish DST, we could just stop using it.

Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:
Ah, okay.

Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:
Oh. :D

Icy Shake wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

@Icy Shake re the error spotting:
Ah, thank you very much.

Icy Shake wrote:shouldn't have apostrophe in "figured"
Huh. Yeah, where did that come from?

Ryx wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

@Icy Shake:
Why do you have a post here made entirely of quotes of other posts?

Regarding Rampage:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next