Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
CD
Retl
kingkodus
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Harmony Ltd.
Dekshuduph
Train Dodger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Luminous Lead
pokeperson1000
Technowolf
Valikdu
Thoroar
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Downloaded Skill
FeatherDust
neoaustin
Loud_Taffy
OneMoreDaySK
MSCA
Evilgidgit
WavemasterRyx
ARoundCorner
Exodus Hero
Silver136
Dutcher
RoboRed
Somber
Borsuq
Derpmind
Shady
Vergil
Rayndalf
Vinylshadow
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Scienza
44 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Dutcher Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Blackjack?
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 9

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Somber wrote:Thanks.  A lot of people say Applejack and Rainbow are OOC, but I can see RD just saying critical things like that without really thinking about it.  And Applejack does draw back when she realizes her questions are upsetting Rarity.  But maybe that's just me...
Rainbow didn't raise an eyebrow for me. It did seem like Applejack was needling a bit, which isn't her primary mode but well within her range, and Rarity seemed a little standoffish, which I attributed to her coming off of a bad day.

Last edited by Icy Shake on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected missing word)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Somepony has to stroke Rainbow's Ego, and more often then not, she does it herself

Part of why I hate her sometimes, yet she's still one of my top five favorite ponies, behind Twilight, Applejack, Luna and my wife
Speaking of Waifus:
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:10 am

swicked wrote:
Somber wrote:Aoshi has put something amazing together.  He and another group of artists have put together a soundtrack for Horizons to help me out with bills and to hopefully get me to more conventions.  You can look for it here!

http://hoofingtonrises.bandcamp.com/releases
You are listed as the executive producer.
That is hilarious:
Spike
Ah, yes. One of my favorite credits-based jokes. Topped though, I think, by the end credits sequence of 22 Jump Street.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:52 am

Someone (I believe it was Scienza) was looking for an epub version of Horizons, right? Well I found a sight here that offers epub, kindle editions, and has links to the gdoc file. The kindle edition only goes to chapter 58 (I'm not sure about the rest), but that's further then I've found in other downloadable kindle versions. Figured I'd leave that here.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:00 am

Oh, are Nallar's epubs not updated along with the online copies?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:15 am

*hugs Somber very gently*
It was a really sad, but really good chapter, sir.

Chapter 68 Commentary:

Rayndalf wrote:
Speaking of Waifus:
Spoiler:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:00 am

Ryx wrote:*hugs Somber very gently*
It was a really sad, but really good chapter, sir.

Chapter 68 Commentary:
Ah, thank you.

Ryx wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:
Speaking of Waifus:
Spoiler:
:)

Ryx wrote:This /is/ a fairly odd comment for her to make, considering how much use she got out of her starmetal sword...  That radroach will be heartbroken.
Hm.  Maybe we ought to have said something about this; one of the team, I forget who (sorry!), brought this up too.  Basically, the starmetal sword and the dragon claw were both unique weapons, and the starmetal sword, on top of that, wanted to be used.  This sword, except for cultural and historical value which Blackjack doesn't appreciate, is just an ordinary sharp lump of metal.  She prefers batons in general, in other words, but will quite readily use other melee weapons if they're good enough.[/quote]
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:10 am

Most of the time I read a new chapter in before sleeping I split it in two-three pieces but I just couldn't put this one down. Therefore the coffee intake today has been doubled! Luna

Alright, lets start working trough the aftermath of this thread.

Also this is what it feels like when I'm scrolling through the posts and suddenly see a post with a well known cloud in it.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 KfSliDg
Shady
Shady
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:23 am

Yes, well, that is kind of the idea, you know. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:44 am

Somber is Batman?

And yes, my wife's Ponysona is ranked as one of my favorite ponies

Bite me

Ironically, my original OC was modeled after Blackjack

White Unicorn with red and black hair and red eyes

Imagine my disappointment when that design was already taken, so I made it a black pegasus with red and white hair and silver eyes
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:25 am

"Original OC." 
"Original Original Character."
Okay then, Mr. Vinylshadow. XD

also, just read chapter 68. MY GOD. Somber, why you so awesome?

also, cliffhanger.

... if i put myself in some sort of coma for the next few weeks, will that make time pass by faster? because i can't wait for the next chapter, but i don't wanna rush Somber or the editing team...
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:45 am

Silver136 wrote:Someone (I believe it was Scienza) was looking for an epub version of Horizons, right? Well I found a sight here that offers epub, kindle editions, and has links to the gdoc file. The kindle edition only goes to chapter 58 (I'm not sure about the rest), but that's further then I've found in other downloadable kindle versions. Figured I'd leave that here.
Thanks!

I only need the epub, since I just use Calibre to convert it to a .mobi for my Kindle.

Last edited by Scienza on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:48 am

Shhh, pay no attention to my bad grammar

In my mind "original OC" makes sense since it was an original design of an original character...

I'm rather impressed that Blackjack managed to fight a male without gelding him

instead, she blinded him and exposed Black Pony Mountain

Whoops~
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Everyone click here again. You can listen to all the tracks free now and some of them are freaking fantastic. (The first track's one of those narrative sound things, so you can skip that if you don't like it. Second track definitely kicks it.) I'm going to try sending it in to EqD, but it'd help to figure out other places we can get it visibility too.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Scienza wrote:
Silver136 wrote:Someone (I believe it was Scienza) was looking for an epub version of Horizons, right? Well I found a sight here that offers epub, kindle editions, and has links to the gdoc file. The kindle edition only goes to chapter 58 (I'm not sure about the rest), but that's further then I've found in other downloadable kindle versions. Figured I'd leave that here.
Thanks!

I only need the epub, since I just Calibre to convert it to a .mobi for my Kindle.
No problem. I'd accidentally deleted my PDF ( I read using my phoned kindle app), so I had to hunt for another download. Came across it, thought KT was convenient. Further then my PDF was too. Fluttershy
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:50 pm

EqD will probably be more than enough, unless Somber also decides to pimp it on FiMFic as well
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:EqD will probably be more than enough, unless Somber also decides to pimp it on FiMFic as well

Eh, EqD is nowhere near as big as it used to be, and Somber doesn't have many followers on fimfic. I know there are alternative news sites to EqD but I can't remember their names.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Well, there's always Canterlot and mlpforums
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:56 pm

swicked wrote:
Somber wrote:Aoshi has put something amazing together.  He and another group of artists have put together a soundtrack for Horizons to help me out with bills and to hopefully get me to more conventions.  You can look for it here!

Anyone gotten this yet? If so, how is it? I haven't listened to any new Brony music in a long time.
I find myself quite liking it. I listen to some odd combo of metal, alternative, and electro and it appeals to a little of each (to me anyway). 9/10 would recommend.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Bought!
Lets hope its good
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:41 pm

...you bought it without listening to it first?

That...okay
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:...you bought it without listening to it first?

That...okay
I bought it without listening to it either.  For me the important part is supporting Somber, so any songs in it that I do enjoy are just a bonus.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Fair enough; alas, I am poorer than Charity Blackjack, so I won't be able to offer money
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:57 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Ryx wrote:This /is/ a fairly odd comment for her to make, considering how much use she got out of her starmetal sword...  That radroach will be heartbroken.
Hm.  Maybe we ought to have said something about this; one of the team, I forget who (sorry!), brought this up too.  Basically, the starmetal sword and the dragon claw were both unique weapons, and the starmetal sword, on top of that, wanted to be used.  This sword, except for cultural and historical value which Blackjack doesn't appreciate, is just an ordinary sharp lump of metal.  She prefers batons in general, in other words, but will quite readily use other melee weapons if they're good enough.
 Shy
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:59 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:...you bought it without listening to it first?

That...okay
I bought it without listening to it either.  For me the important part is supporting Somber, so any songs in it that I do enjoy are just a bonus.
Same for me.
The songs are a bonus
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Exodus Hero wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Hm.  Maybe we ought to have said something about this; one of the team, I forget who (sorry!), brought this up too.  Basically, the starmetal sword and the dragon claw were both unique weapons, and the starmetal sword, on top of that, wanted to be used.  This sword, except for cultural and historical value which Blackjack doesn't appreciate, is just an ordinary sharp lump of metal.  She prefers batons in general, in other words, but will quite readily use other melee weapons if they're good enough.
 Shy
What? Sorry, whatever it was...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:20 pm

Also, no one's answered my question about Nallar's epub versions, and I'm not sure how I'd check them myself.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:53 pm

Silver136 wrote:
swicked wrote:

Anyone gotten this yet? If so, how is it? I haven't listened to any new Brony music in a long time.
I find myself quite liking it. I listen to some odd combo of metal, alternative, and electro and it appeals to a little of each (to me anyway). 9/10 would recommend.
On the whole, I wasn't too enthused since for the most part it's not one of my preferred genres, but there were some tracks I enjoyed well enough to give consideration for incorporating into some playlists, including I believe all the Aoshi tracks, plus 27, 28, 30, 31, 32, 34, and 37. These slanted more vocal, included a couple that were rap-based, and at least one that was more rock than electronic. For people who enjoy electronic, I suggest checking it out and seeing what strikes you.

O. Hinds wrote:Also, no one's answered my question about Nallar's epub versions, and I'm not sure how I'd check them myself.
You can just navigate to nallar.me/fics and download the EPUB, then extract with 7zip, or presumably other file extraction programs. It's only up to chapter 67, I guess because nallar updates weekly. I don't know what to do about the Kindle edition, but assume it's up to the same point.

Last edited by Icy Shake on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex4art Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:01 pm

+1 to chapter 68 awesomeness, long awaited [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Bj14 but delicious [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 29 Bj19.
Lex4art
Lex4art
Foal

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next