Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
CD
Retl
kingkodus
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Harmony Ltd.
Dekshuduph
Train Dodger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Luminous Lead
pokeperson1000
Technowolf
Valikdu
Thoroar
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Downloaded Skill
FeatherDust
neoaustin
Loud_Taffy
OneMoreDaySK
MSCA
Evilgidgit
WavemasterRyx
ARoundCorner
Exodus Hero
Silver136
Dutcher
RoboRed
Somber
Borsuq
Derpmind
Shady
Vergil
Rayndalf
Vinylshadow
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Scienza
44 posters

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:07 pm

Goldenblood answers.

Music:  "...it sounds nice."
Fashion: "...do I look decently non-descript?  Good.  Not to neat.  Not too shabby.  That's all I care about."
Sports: "Right... next please."
Wonderbolt Derby: "... it involves going around in a circle.  Fast."

Edit: And yes, Pendergast gets even WORSE later in the series.  He's soon surrounded by other ultra competent, ultra intelligent people who are just a shade less than he is.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:14 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Somber wrote:Uggggghhhhh...

I just realized where Goldenblood and Blackjack came from...

I read a lot of different stories.  Lord of the Rings, of course.  Wheel of Time (To a point).  Dresden files.  RA Salvadore's dark elf line.  But I also read a lot of non-fantasy fiction and am a big fan of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child team ups.  I'm also a fan of Clive Cussler's work.

Mix this together and what do you get?

Ultra competence.
Well, this is where I don't quite follow. BJ is highly competent in her particular skill set, but that's not a crime. She's useless at sneaking, hacking, and medicine. She's okay at convincing people with her sincerity, but a political animal like Lighthooves will talk rings around her. The kind of ultra-competence you're referring to implies that she's an expert at so many skills that one of her talents always applies, and that's not really the case.

Goldenblood is similar in that he's highly competent in his sphere. He's an ambush predator of politics -- tricky, stealthy, and deadly when he decides to strike. In most flashbacks, we see him in his native environment, so of course he's extremely competent there. But my response comes in two parts.

First, he's not universally competent. He's good at this one thing, which is fine. If you challenged him to single combat or a trivia contest, he'd be sunk. But he uses his political acumen to see to it that A) you never got the chance to challenge him, and B) you never knew who to challenge anyway. A lot of what he got away with was thanks to his relative obscurity. He uses his skills to make sure his opponents stay in the arena where his skills apply.

Second, if he was the hero of the story, you're right that his level of manipulation might be unacceptable. But this kind of behavior is perfectly fine in a villain. Xanatos, Palpatine, Light Yagami... well, just see the "Magnificent Bastard" entry on TVTropes, really. (And yet, even Goldie isn't perfect -- he was being played the whole time.)
I think that the last chapter actually contained an excellent example of this in the Littlehorn orb. It showed an example of where he had many things stacked in his favor—special knowledge of the people he was dealing with, a diplomatic problem as the first step, operating on his home turf, at least one person willing to help—but despite all this, he failed miserably in stopping the Starkatteri, and indirectly the escalation of the war, etc. He couldn't sway the dean or get her to get more support once he knew a Starkatteri was involved, I'm not even sure he tried; he couldn't physically or magically disrupt the bomb, which would at least have bought time; he couldn't get a warning out before it was too late; he couldn't impress the distinction between the appearance of the situation and the finer details.

On a larger level, even ignoring that he was being manipulated by the Eater and/or Luna, the game he was playing ended up with him losing, and in a predictable way consistent with how he played it. He was always dependent on having something to offer or something to threaten with. He used both, and the way he did both tended to make enemies of the people he needed to work for him, and with so many dirty, dangerous secrets held from everybody, it was only a matter of time before something, somewhere broke badly enough that he'd be taken down as a result. Basically, he was operating in a manner that can seem to work great on the surface, but underneath is fragile and unstable, and has some pretty nasty failure modes.

The key thing here is that he had sown the seeds of his destruction, and in the end they grew bore fruit; from a writer's perspective, the dangerous, dishonest thing to do is to disconnect the consequences from the actions. It would be bad if all of this never led to a breakdown in the system, or ever-increasing efforts to keep it running. But that's not what happened, is it?

Going a little bit beyond that, it's worth remembering that, like everything else, hypercompetence is only a bad thing depending on the context. The main thing is to ensure that there remain obstacles that are meaningful to the character. The best example here is probably Superman: take most versions of him and put him on real Earth, and about the only story you have left to tell is related to the fact he can't be everywhere at once. Given the right author, it could probably still work, but it might not support a bunch of ongoing series. But put him in the DCU and you have no problem, and can even tell ensemble stories where he needs the support of others.

It sounded to me like the major problem with Pendergast in Relic was that he was leagues above all the rest, and became more so over time. I'm not sure that that was ever a problem with Blackjack, even on the narrow dimension of combat; while it's true she's generally come out on top, she's often gotten in over her head and needed to be bailed out or paid a price either from how she was directly impacted by the battle or in how it harmed those around her.

SilentCarto wrote:
Somber wrote:AKA, Mary Sue characters.  I generally don't like that term, as it is horribly sexist, but it's the one most people can relate too.  Ultra Competence.
You can use the term "Marty Stu" or "Gary Stu" for males if you prefer. But "ultra competent" is not what "Mary Sue" means. A Mary Sue waltzes through the story without having to expend effort to overcome challenges. That is absolutely not the case for BJ, of course, but that's not what you're worried about, so I'll set it aside. Just be aware that "Mary Sue" implies traits you didn't actually mean.
Largely agreed, but there's one particular aspect that sometimes shows I'd like to expand on: unearned reactions from other characters, a special case of facing no obstacles. The canonical way that plays out is in the Sue being adored by everyone for no reason (maybe not antagonists, true, though I think that in their case it's sometimes set up such that they're the flip side, hating the Sue for no reason that follows from the action of the story, or out of mere envy of the Sue's Sue-ness). I think there may have been some hints of this in the early chapters of Project Horizons, but even then mostly not too strong.

Glory could be chalked up to circumstances, desperate for anyone to not only help her but give her emotional security after facing raiders unprepared and hiding in a hole for a week, but she did still seem to latch on to Blackjack and P-21 very easily and rapidly, especially considering how Blackjack immediately pushed far against her comfort zone with the Pony Joe's job.

In the early chapters, P-21 may have been this even worse, in that after a certain point he no longer had the necessity reason to stick with her, and both before and after that it's not the easiest to see why he'd be as supportive of her (grouchy, angry though he was), or especially why he'd not only act like Blackjack was their leader, but acknowledge it as well. Again, these are relatively minor and there are ways to rationalize them, but I feel like it kind of comes down to because they are the main cast, and Blackjack is the protagonist.

I can't really think of any other cases off the top of my head, good or bad, that aren't accounted for by the Wasteland media, so in this segment of the definition, you're again largely, if not perfectly, in the clear.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:19 pm

As I see (and remember) it, Goldenblood does look ultra competent when we first see him. As the story progresses, though, we learn more and more that that was an image, a front, that he was often unsure and was in many ways well out of his depth ever since Littlehorn. He was a talented individual, certainly, but he wouldn't have been in the position he was in if he wasn't. He's definitely not a mary sue; one of his greatest skills was hiding his many, many, many mistakes, and even that eventually failed him. And this is before it's taken into account that he was really being played for so much of the time.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:13 am

Icy Shake wrote:Again, these are relatively minor and there are ways to rationalize them, but I feel like it kind of comes down to because they are the main cast, and Blackjack is the protagonist.
I don't think it ever quite came to that. I had the impression that it was generally some combination of knowing BJ is doing good work, inertia and lack of other options, and the feeling that BJ would get herself and P-21/Glory killed without Glory/P-21.

I kind of loved that sense, in the early days, that the team was hanging together by a thread. It made me cheer every time one of them chose to stay in spite of all the reasons they should leave.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:17 am

Somber wrote:Goldenblood answers.

Music:  "...it sounds nice."
For some reason, I just got the mental image of Goldenblood doing this:

SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Well, now there's some interesting blackmail material...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:46 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Again, these are relatively minor and there are ways to rationalize them, but I feel like it kind of comes down to because they are the main cast, and Blackjack is the protagonist.
I don't think it ever quite came to that. I had the impression that it was generally some combination of knowing BJ is doing good work, inertia and lack of other options, and the feeling that BJ would get herself and P-21/Glory killed without Glory/P-21.

I kind of loved that sense, in the early days, that the team was hanging together by a thread. It made me cheer every time one of them chose to stay in spite of all the reasons they should leave.
That's all true—and I feel the same way—but though it feels great when they pull through even that feeling is built on the fact that there wasn't that much holding them together, and both Glory and P-21 did have good reasons to leave, and that's a point I don't think I can deny when I hear it as a criticism of the early chapters.

On a more positive note, the Hightower arc ended on a chapter I found much more enjoyable and fulfilling than the two that started it off.
Chapter Forty Eight Running Thoughts:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:49 pm

Chapter Forty Eight Running Thoughts, Cont'd:
Chapter Forty Eight Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Forty Eight Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:14 am

I love your reviews, Icy.  I really really do.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:37 am

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

Icy Shake wrote:On the one hand, this is in-context. On the other, it's an encyclopedia entry. On a third, it's from the post-apocalypse, so standards probably aren't what they once were. In any case, just thought I'd raise the inconsistency and let you do what you will. PH has a sizable majority of "pink cloud," but FoE a massive majority "Pink Cloud." I've picked out the relatively few capitalized cases from PH, but if you'd prefer to go the other way or just leave as-is let me know and I can do the other search/try to remember not to raise the issue in the future.
On the one hoof, it ought to be capitalized, as far as I know. On the other, I very much do not fancy spending ten minutes each to load fifteen chapters to change two letters. It's a pretty minor problem. Somber might want it taken care of if he decides to have one last big sweeping edit after the story is complete, but until and unless that happens and unless he or one of the other editors requests it, I say don't worry about it. If you happen to spot some when going through a chapter, flag them for me with the other errors you post, but I don't see a need to take up our time with a big story-wide search-and-destroy operation. Thanks for offering, though.

Icy Shake wrote:Hey. Long time no see

only one space after period

You know, I've been imagining Silver Spoon with alicorn proportions? This entire time? And I only just realized this while making this correction. Huh.

Icy Shake wrote:How is all this affecting Psychoshy and Stygius and Xanthe, who are pretty squishy at the moment? Okay, Xanthe has the suit, but would that help against the light and surrounding heat?
Hm. Okay, I've added Psychoshy and the others in the doorway falling back into the corridor and Stygius and Xanthe struggling.

Icy Shake wrote:Yeah, I have trouble seeing it work out that way in practice.
Probably, yeah. Actually, I think I forgot this bit and have griffins willing to fight griffins in Germaney in my headcanon… Eh. Carrion seems quite the idealist, anyway.

Icy Shake wrote:It's too bad that unlike Boo, she isn't a cat. I bet she'd be able to get through then.
:D

Icy Shake wrote:Wow. Kind of insensitive there, huh? Ghouls aren't ponies anymore? Why not "ghouls and living," Blackjack? Especially since you have a living zebra with you, too.
Good point.

Icy Shake wrote:Oh, and as part 3928423 in my unnecessary and unending quest of justifying Blackjack as a potential Element of Generosity, I'd like to note that right here it looks to me like she's so desperately insistent on giving Snips what he most desired that she's losing sight of the fact that some things aren't hers to give—in this case, risking the lives of Psychoshy and Stygius by spending more time there. I think this is an interesting potential failure mode of Generosity, and would actually like to see a Rarity episode or comic based on it someday.
As I recall, that was basically the reasoning for making Red Eye Corrupted Generosity in FoE.

The posted message is too long.
Oh, that's why you split it up.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:52 am

I've just finished reading through the first eighteen pages of 68. It is awesome. It is so very, very awesome.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:53 am

Seriously. Awesome. I cannot at present think of a non-spoilery way to tell you how awesome it is.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:54 am

I could sum most of it up in two words, but, ehhh, I do not wan to ruin the surprise. :D
(And of course I'd need permission from Somber.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:56 am

And these are just the first eighteen pages!

And dear me I'm multiposting a lot here and I'll stop now, sorry. But, you know. Somber's writing here is extra, extra "horrible".
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:21 am

O. Hinds wrote:And these are just the first eighteen pages!

And dear me I'm multiposting a lot here and I'll stop now, sorry.  But, you know.  Somber's writing here is extra, extra "horrible".
I think by now we all know that 'horrible' is code for 'awesome', also can't wait!  Rainbow 
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:37 am

*somehow makes strangling gestures with my hooves*

Don't even talk about new chapters until they're released, that's worse then a mare or buck teasing you but not letting you near them
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:34 pm

I'm so many pages behind right now...

I was just thinking, is the machine even CAPABLE of offing Goldie? We have identified that he is most likely a CanterGhoul now.  I doubt "your mind makes it real" trauma can do it... You gotta sever the head, right?
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Sounds about right

heads almost always a weak point

I think vaporization also works
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Kinda curious about the viability of that as an execution method myself. Haven't we seen memory orbs where the person who's being riden(? I suppose) recieves fatal damage.
Fairly certain that we were riding in either Shujaa or Twist when Twist had the phoenix talisman placed in her.

I can't remember which one at the moment but I do know that shujaa dies from the event and it's possible you could argue Twist does as well but is revived by the talisman. If it plainly states that she died and was revived I don't remember.

Maybe there's a degree of seperation in that because you can't read the person's thoughts or something and that's why you survive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:46 pm

What, you mean the fact if Blackjack didn't guess the passwords, she would've died trying to access the memories?

I think that was a spell cast on the orbs themselves to prevent any random pony from viewing them and rendering the final judgement
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Noooo. I mean that BJ has experienced memory orbs that have the person the memories are taken from die in them.

BJ can feel what the person feels on an emotional and physical level while in them. From what I remember the only thing she doesn't get is what the person was thinking in the memory orbs.

Or maybe it's the emotional part she doesn't get...

I in any case was suggesting in these situations the memory orbs are or should be about as good as the simulations that are supposed to kill GB. But they haven't killed BJ.

At the end I also suggested that the reason could be that not getting the thoughts of the person you're riding may put a barrier between you and them that keeps you from dying in those circumstances.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:35 pm

BJ's already had that sort of thing with the mental therapy, I believe
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:00 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Technowolf wrote:Because Hasbro is very conservative when it comes to what they think can be trademarked, leading to silly stuff like "Cadance" instead of Cadence (which can be an actual name) or "Shockblast" instead of Shockwave (an actual phenomenon).

I guess I'm sort of glad that MLP isn't the only brand suffering from this kind of stupidity, but... gah.
So here's the deal.  Well, here's part of it; trademark law is hideously complex.

You can trademark a common word as a trade name provided you trademark it within the context of your product.  You can trademark, for example, "Twilight" within the context of small plastic ponies but that doesn't stop somebody from using it as the title of a book about vampires.  Or you can trademark "Typhoon" washing machines, and that in no way stops somebody from making a Typhoon remote controlled car or a Typhoon blow drier.*

If you do trademark a common word, you're stuck with that "context" thing, which results in a weaker trademark.  If you trademark a name that isn't a common word, you don't have to deal with that.  A "Shockblast" trademark can be enforced much more broadly than can "Shockwave".

Actually context still matters; a Shockblast transformer doesn't stop anyone from making a Shockblast personal defense device.  You probably couldn't even extend the "Shockblast" trademark over even the arena of 'toys'.  But it does allow you to spread your protective trademark umbrella over a much wider array of potential products than using a common word.

That's the origin of all this.  I still dislike it.  But that's where it comes from.

*If you have a particular symbolic way to write your brand name, a specific font or presentation -- such as writing it so it looks like the words are being twisted -- you can trademark that separately to keep people from, say, imitating the look of your product's name brand while the text actually says "Hurricane".  (This gives Hasbro grounds, if they wanted to pursue it, to attack the makers of My Tiny Pony or similar thing as infringing on the MLP trademark.)

I think most people eschew the camel and just say "Littlepip".

Shun the zebra, my brethren!  Deny the donkey and eschew the camel!  In purity there is strength!

It's probably kinda like Naboo's elected "Queen".  Spike

ARGH.

And if she WAS actually elected, who in the heck votes in a teenager for political office?!

It's obviously a ploy to avoid the grumbling of traditionally anti-monarchist American audiences instead of sticking to Star Wars's fairy-tale roots. Rage 

Well, hospitals are already kind of unsettling by default...
And then you populate it with actual monsters that are silently stalking you as we speak.

That was a really awesome analysis.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:15 pm

@Elected Queens
It's easy! You have only one candidate, and you can either vote for them or not vote for them! :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:24 pm

All hail Queen Whiskey, the glorious Drunkjack
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutcher Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:08 pm

And dear me I'm multiposting a lot here and I'll stop now, sorry.  But, you know.  Somber's writing here is extra, extra "horrible".

Chapter 68 - Morning [Coming Soon]

Awww yissss Glory time
Dutcher
Dutcher
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 9

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by ARoundCorner Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Is there anybody that could e-mail me a pdf of the next chapters, 68 and 69, when they come out?

I'm going to be in a place for the next month or so that *ahm* china *ahm* that frowns upon google and all it's affiliates, so I won't be able to get on the hub page.

my e-mail is chencharley_el@yahoo.com

if not, i'll be back in a month anyways.

Thenk Yus!
ARoundCorner
ARoundCorner
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Aroundcorner
Sex: Yes, PLEASE!
Species: Ponies or Humans, either one is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Somber wrote:I love your reviews, Icy.  I really really do.
I'm happy to hear that's still the case. It's nice that others can get something out of them in addition to them being something fun to do and a way to try to remember things better.

Achievement Unlocked: Quintuple Post!

Last wrote:Noooo. I mean that BJ has experienced memory orbs that have the person the memories are taken from die in them.

BJ can feel what the person feels on an emotional and physical level while in them. From what I remember the only thing she doesn't get is what the person was thinking in the memory orbs.

Or maybe it's the emotional part she doesn't get...

I  in any case was suggesting in these situations the memory orbs are or should be about as good as the simulations that are supposed to kill GB. But they haven't killed BJ.

At the end I also suggested that the reason could be that not getting the thoughts of the person you're riding may put a barrier between you and them that keeps you from dying in those circumstances.
My understanding has always been that she gets physical sensations, and nothing else. She can infer emotion based on things like vocal tone, heart rate, breathing, perspiration, the feel of the facial expression, posture, etc., but she's basically limited to the sort of thing you'd get from an exclusively tell-y narrative. My interpretation regarding how the computer would kill Goldenblood was that there would be a simulation of whatever the executioner wanted him to experience, but the killing itself would be done physically via some robotics or the life support system itself.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Icy Shake wrote:I'm happy to hear that's still the case. It's nice that others can get something out of them in addition to them being something fun to do and a way to try to remember things better.
And they're good for pointing out errors that need correcting, of course.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
My understanding has always been that she gets physical sensations, and nothing else. She can infer emotion based on things like vocal tone, heart rate, breathing, perspiration, the feel of the facial expression, posture, etc., but she's basically limited to the sort of thing you'd get from an exclusively tell-y narrative. My interpretation regarding how the computer would kill Goldenblood was that there would be a simulation of whatever the executioner wanted him to experience, but the killing itself would be done physically via some robotics or the life support system itself.

Fair enough. I'm sure memory orbs were explained at some point in PH or FO:E but far enough back that I don't have a good enough memory of it to dispute that interpretetation. I remember that the memory orbs lacked one of three, mental, physical or emotional. Physical is out because the Deus orb would be entirely pointless if BJ couldn't feel what he felt 1:1 and mental is too because Pinkie always communicates vocally to BJ and again the Deus orb, he spoke into a mirror instead of just thinking.

But I don't have any evidence against the inferance proposal for the emotions. That sounds fine to me actually.

Killing him physically could be how it's done and I wouldn't dispute that if it was, it just that given all the options BJ was presented I think it's heavily implied it's the simulation itself that's killing him. Though it's entirely possible that those just exist as torture methods to play while the procedure is carried out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next