Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
CD
Retl
kingkodus
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Harmony Ltd.
Dekshuduph
Train Dodger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Luminous Lead
pokeperson1000
Technowolf
Valikdu
Thoroar
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Downloaded Skill
FeatherDust
neoaustin
Loud_Taffy
OneMoreDaySK
MSCA
Evilgidgit
WavemasterRyx
ARoundCorner
Exodus Hero
Silver136
Dutcher
RoboRed
Somber
Borsuq
Derpmind
Shady
Vergil
Rayndalf
Vinylshadow
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Scienza
44 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri May 30, 2014 3:23 am

Somber wrote:Maybe...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  It's been a rough weak. 20 applications, 2 interviews, no job.

And yes, BJ using time travel again and again and again to save the world, yeah.  It'd happen.
I'm very sorry, sir... I really hope things will be okay for you... *hugs very gently*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Fri May 30, 2014 8:14 am

swicked wrote:This theory is strained a bit by the fact that Glory has been off in a lab over the months Blackjack was gone while P-21 continued to work in Chapel...
Well, Glory was at Chapel when Cogjack got there. Granted, Cogs might have phoned ahead, but with Glory's wing restored, there's not much to stop her circling south around the Core and flying across the river to reach the Collegiate. It's a bit of a commute, but she probably doesn't have to do it every day.

Scienza wrote:Icy raises the point that they already seem like a family, and that's because they are, Rampage and Lacs (though sadly not anymore) included. And that's where I see the story going, not just BJ and her chosen partner(s), but the whole family living together in Star House.
Eh, Rampage might as well be wearing a flashing neon sign that says, "I'm not going to live through the end of the story." If nothing else, a starmetal knife should do the trick.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:44 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
swicked wrote:This theory is strained a bit by the fact that Glory has been off in a lab over the months Blackjack was gone while P-21 continued to work in Chapel...
Well, Glory was at Chapel when Cogjack got there. Granted, Cogs might have phoned ahead, but with Glory's wing restored, there's not much to stop her circling south around the Core and flying across the river to reach the Collegiate. It's a bit of a commute, but she probably doesn't have to do it every day.

Didn't Glory state she had not flown with it yet when BJ spied on her? Also you're assuming Glory was there when Cogs arrived. Cogs could have arrived and was waiting for Glory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri May 30, 2014 4:15 pm

swicked wrote:I think the most likely route is the queen. She's more reasonable and can likely manipulate her husband into releasing BJ for some reason or another.
Though yeah, it might take a dual or some other ritualistic junk to get him to relent.
Mmh yeah I won't be surprised if the Queen is an influencing factor in the next chapter.
Perhaps by persuading the King or revealing an secret tunnel or something. There has to be a secret passageway somewhere, it's a castle after all. Or perhaps a quest?

Also, batponies? I'm totally officially plugging the following sentence somewhere in the chapter:
Spoiler:

Also, Somber isn't Patreon maybe something for you?
Shady
Shady
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 7:12 pm

Shady wrote:Also, Somber isn't Patreon maybe something for you?

Fimflam claimed that was more reliable then donations, maybe it is something to look into.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Fri May 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Last wrote:
told me that the reason that she had sex with P-21 and Splendid was that she was a lesbian mare in a straight mare's body who was under the influence of hormones and that she would not be having sex with stallions anymore.
I thought Rainbow Dash was bi for Applejack...
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Yes, I believe that was the headcanon Scienza submitted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loud_Taffy Sat May 31, 2014 6:15 am

I really hope BJ doesn't die. That would be really sad. It would ruin the whole story for me.
Loud_Taffy
Loud_Taffy
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name: Loud Taffy
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sat May 31, 2014 11:22 am

I dunno. At this point it seems likely that her whole "wasteland over myself" mindset would bring her to do just that if it calls for it.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat May 31, 2014 11:35 am

Rayndalf wrote:
Last wrote:
told me that the reason that she had sex with P-21 and Splendid was that she was a lesbian mare in a straight mare's body who was under the influence of hormones and that she would not be having sex with stallions anymore.
Because she totally is. At least, in my headcanon.

@BlackjackGoingBust

I'm not sure where the story's going to go. Queen Whiskey isn't suicidal anymore, but her extreme tendencies towards self-sacrifice and martyrdom are still very self-destructive. I think she's more aware of them, especially after fighting Lighthooves, but I don't think she can control them.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sat May 31, 2014 12:15 pm

Scienza wrote:
Rayndalf wrote:
Last wrote:
Because she totally is. At least, in my headcanon.

@BlackjackGoingBust

I'm not sure where the story's going to go. Queen Whiskey isn't suicidal anymore, but her extreme tendencies towards self-sacrifice and martyrdom are still very self-destructive. I think she's more aware of them, especially after fighting Lighthooves, but I don't think she can control them.
Exactly. I feel like if it came down to save the wasteland a but later and survive, or save it right now but die Blackjack would choose to save it ASAP. Of course it's entirely possible Glory or P-21 may somehow stop or hinder her.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat May 31, 2014 12:27 pm

I'm still trying to wrap my my mind around "Bi for Applejack"

Last time I checked...weren't they both mares?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat May 31, 2014 1:19 pm

True...

Twi had Big Mac
Applejack had Applesnack
Fluttershy had Goldenblood
Rarity had Vanity

Seems like Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are the unknowns here

And as far as I know, only Fluttershy and Twi had children
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sat May 31, 2014 1:42 pm

Actually, most of Stable 2 had Apple blood in them. Applejack was pregnant when she was locked in.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat May 31, 2014 3:01 pm

Oh yeah

So Pipsqueaks's got Apple Blood, BJ's got some Twi blood...

Wouldn't surprise me if there's fanfics floating around with the great-great-something grandfoals of other Ministry Mares in 'em as well, but taking that as canon would be dubious at best

I know that one version of New Pegas has one of Pinkie's descendants
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat May 31, 2014 3:20 pm

swicked wrote:
Vinylshadow wrote:I'm still trying to wrap my my mind around "Bi for Applejack"

All of the mane six were straight. It was said in FoE at some point, I believe, and kkat confirmed it.
In FoE, not necessarily. The only real discussion of Rainbow's sexuality is when AJ tells her that she's straight, which just only reinforces my whole "unrequited love" headcanon. Also wasn't Flarity in the original as well? IIRC, Rarity's last words were something along the lines of "I love you, Fluttershy."

As for Kkat's confirmation, well, headcanons differ. In Scienzaland, Rainbow's love life is a tragedy.

EDIT: On the Flarity, they're not exactly her last words, but they're pretty close.

FoE Ch. 37 wrote:
A tear dripped down one of Rarity’s cheeks.  “I love you, Fluttershy.  And I am not going to let you stay.”  Rarity smiled softly but her voice brooked no argument.  “Now pull yourself up and come with me, or I’ll drag you all the way with my teeth.”

Of course, it might just be platonic love, but that means you aren't thinking like a shipper.

Last edited by Scienza on Sat May 31, 2014 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Sat May 31, 2014 3:25 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:I'm still trying to wrap my my mind around "Bi for Applejack"

The most probable scenerio that satisfies the word of (our) god that being Rainbow Dash caused Glory to have sex with Splendid, and that (as I am now thoroughly convinced) Rainbow Dash was in love with Applejack. I don't really care what kkat says to the contrary...
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat May 31, 2014 3:43 pm

RD may have felt something for AJ, but I'm guessing it was nothing more than a...whatchamacallems...schoolyard crush?

Wouldn't surprise me if that's what made RD throw herself into the Ministry of Awesome

She saw her friend working hard to protect Equestria and drew inspiration from that

AJ would fight on the front lines (figuratively speaking) whereas RD woudl fight behind (enemy) lines
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat May 31, 2014 4:41 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:RD may have felt something for AJ, but I'm guessing it was nothing more than a...whatchamacallems...schoolyard crush?

Wouldn't surprise me if that's what made RD throw herself into the Ministry of Awesome

She saw her friend working hard to protect Equestria and drew inspiration from that

AJ would fight on the front lines (figuratively speaking) whereas RD woudl fight behind (enemy) lines
It's all in your interpretation. I don't expect it to be actually canon (and as far as the thread has shown, it doesn't seem that Somber or Kkat share this opinion), but I feel that it adds an interesting element to Rainbow's character and her self-imposed isolation in the centuries after the war.

Moar AppleDash Speculatin':

Last edited by Scienza on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:42 am; edited 8 times in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat May 31, 2014 4:51 pm

See?

Keeping something open to interpretation is a good thing in a story, it leaves room for other stories to be made

Having a rock-solid steel-clad canon with each and ever detail hammered out isn't any fun, which is why I like the gap between LittlePip entering the SPP and the Afterword

A lot of things can happen in 10 years

Part of me wonders if RD comforted AJ after Applesnack killed Zecora and something happened

Maybe not romantic, but it let them see sides of each other they hadn't before

Maybe RD will visit Stable 2 after everything comes to a close (provided she's not killed off so we have closure to each of the Ministry Mares) and pay her respects to a dear friend
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat May 31, 2014 5:04 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:See?

Keeping something open to interpretation is a good thing in a story, it leaves room for other stories to be made

Having a rock-solid steel-clad canon with each and ever detail hammered out isn't any fun, which is why I like the gap between LittlePip entering the SPP and the Afterword
I never said that my headcanon was absolute canon, just that it's the headcanon that I subscribe to. I find it interesting, but that doesn't mean that it has to be yours.

Part of me wonders if RD comforted AJ after Applesnack killed Zecora and something happened

Maybe not romantic, but it let them see sides of each other they hadn't before
I'm with you in that I think this would be a very interesting possibility. While it would be revealing if it did happen ("See, I told you he was a racist"), it would possibly be more interesting if it didn't happen, and that RD had been maintaining a careful distance either to help her accept that AJ was with Steelhooves or to avoid taking advantage of her friend's relationship troubles.
Maybe RD will visit Stable 2 after everything comes to a close (provided she's not killed off so we have closure to each of the Ministry Mares) and pay her respects to a dear friend
Personally, I think that RD would end up going to all her friend's final resting places at some point, but it would be interesting.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat May 31, 2014 5:21 pm

Yeah, she'd even be able to visit...whatever the name of the place was where the Goddess resided that's bathed in deadly radiationl; she'd be able to get the locations from LittlePip easily enough, since she'd be able to get into the SPP easily enough

Celestia might surprise her though

Speaking of the Goddess...if she can pour feelings into a single Alicorn... (Lacunae)

Couldn't she transfer her mind to an Alicorn and have escaped?

Although I can't see 4 minds inhabiting the body of a single Alicorn easily...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Sat May 31, 2014 5:53 pm

Remember though, Fluttershy is alive. The FoE afterword said that much.

As for the goddess, you have to remember she had all those memories she put into Lacunae drawn back out. She wasn't focused on herself anymore, but rather on her "children." I doubt she would have "sacrificed" one of the alicorns to save herself.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat May 31, 2014 5:55 pm

@RD
She could pretty easily go all over, since she's a ghoul and all. I think the fic mentioned that there were some problems with passing through the SPP shield as a ghoul, but presumably Littlepip could just allow her to enter.

Assuming nothing happens to her, my bittersweet-ending headcanon involves her traveling with Flutters and Spike on this quest.

@Goddess
The problem with the Goddess is that she's not just those four minds. The core part is a warped version of Trixie with the other three acting as cheerleaders, but the most critical aspect of her is the thousands of contingent souls that she absorbed. There isn't really a perfect real-world analogy, but I'd say that the closest to the relationship between the overarching Goddess intelligence and the contingent souls is something in between the hive-mind of an ant colony and how the firing of your neurons creates your conscious awareness. Where it breaks down is that the individual souls have some degree of awareness and independence, but from what I can tell, the Goddess is something that emerges from the group rather than any one particular soul. It's sort of like how Lacunae is very distinct from the kernel soul which formed her (Psalm). So I think cramming the Goddess into a single alicorn would just make said alicorn's head explode.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Sat May 31, 2014 6:50 pm

... i love you guys.
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 7:37 pm

Scienza wrote:
Personally, I think that RD would end up going to all her friend's final resting places at some point, but it would be interesting.

Unfortunately Rarity's is a pile of rubble now... Speaking of Rarity Maybe RD will be the one to handle the figurines. She can actually go retrieve Little Pip's if she needs to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:54 am

Last wrote:
Scienza wrote:

Unfortunately Rarity's is a pile of rubble now... Speaking of Rarity Maybe RD will be the one to handle the figurines. She can actually go retrieve Little Pip's if she needs to.
Well Fluttershy is still alive. Twilight doesn't even have a body. Rarity's is tragically buried under a mountain worth of rubble. Applejack's is presumably still in Stable 2 unless they removed the bones and moved them to Junction Town. And Pinkie's is still in her office.

That was one of the few things that bugged me about F.E., Littlepip not taking the time to bury Pinkie's corpse. I only got the satisfaction in F.E. Starlight where Radiant Star found it and buried it outside. But that can't really fit into my own headcanon due to conflicting plot points with PH (i.e. Discord).
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:01 pm

I can't remember, did she know whether it was Pinkie's corpse when she found it? Or was it an orb that she found later?
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:38 pm

I have Starlight, but I have yet to actually read it
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:51 pm

NOTIFICATION
We have changed the paragraph
I landed on a pile of scree and loose rocks.  The illumination provided by my horn revealed a few dozen feet of broken, shadowy landscape.  There was no moon or sun to light the world.  Only the outlines of a ghostly building amidst spectral trees.  I reached out and felt the bark.  It didn’t feel like a tree.  It was... firm.  Neither warm nor cool, neither wet nor dry.  I moved slowly through the grove, the rocks not shifting under my hooves.  It was utterly bizarre trying to walk over the uneven surface.  I couldn’t move so much as a twig or pebble in this shadowy world.
in Chapter 66 to
I landed on a pile of scree and loose rocks.  The light provided by my horn revealed a few dozen feet of broken, shadowy landscape.  There was no moon or sun to light the world, but a faint twilight glow provided just enough illumination to make the darkness of the land vaguely perceptible.  Near me were the outlines of a ghostly building amidst spectral trees.  I reached out and felt the bark.  It didn’t feel like a tree.  It was... firm.  Neither warm nor cool, neither wet nor dry.  I moved slowly through the grove, the rocks not shifting under my hooves.  It was utterly bizarre trying to walk over the uneven surface.  I couldn’t move so much as a twig or pebble in this shadowy world.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next