Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+40
CD
Retl
kingkodus
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Harmony Ltd.
Dekshuduph
Train Dodger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Luminous Lead
pokeperson1000
Technowolf
Valikdu
Thoroar
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Downloaded Skill
FeatherDust
neoaustin
Loud_Taffy
OneMoreDaySK
MSCA
Evilgidgit
WavemasterRyx
ARoundCorner
Exodus Hero
Silver136
Dutcher
RoboRed
Somber
Borsuq
Derpmind
Shady
Vergil
Rayndalf
Vinylshadow
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Scienza
44 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza Wed May 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Aye. They become gold Pipbucks.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Wed May 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Oh, yes, a very happy birthday to you, Somber!

WavemasterRyx wrote:Happy birthday, Somber!  I really do hope you can have a nice day for once. *hugs very gently*
Thanks for the reminder, Ryx. :)

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Somber wrote:BTW... just finished watching the whole Madoka Magica series.  Now I can't stop imagining Blackjack as a magical girl...

Homura in particular...
Spoiler:
:D
Madoka spoiler:

swicked wrote:What happens to the elements after the GoE fires? Does Spike just keep guarding them forever?
Last wrote:Well ask little-pip said they turn into pipbucks or some shit.
As does the FoE Afterword (the ten years later epilogue).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed May 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Time to Season 4 the crap out of it and make the bearers have to give the Elements back to the heart of Equestria to truly and completely purge the land of everything that messed it up in the first place

turn it back into the happy place of harmony, sunshine and rainbows, all the evil in the minds of every creature in Equestria gets purged, ala Nightmare Moon's...demise

Part of me imagines Spike would then use the Crusader Maneframe to monitor the state of Equestria

Did it state the purge was instant? Or that it was a gradual process?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed May 28, 2014 1:58 pm

I think Spike and Fluttershy would just go and try to find closure with the loss of their friends.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed May 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Happy birthday and rock on, somber.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed May 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Time to Season 4 the crap out of it and make the bearers have to give the Elements back to the heart of Equestria to truly and completely purge the land of everything that messed it up in the first place

turn it back into the happy place of harmony, sunshine and rainbows, all the evil in the minds of every creature in Equestria gets purged, ala Nightmare Moon's...demise

Part of me imagines Spike would then use the Crusader Maneframe to monitor the state of Equestria

Can't remind if it was stated in either FOE or PH but depending on the canon conversion, the G.E.C.K. does has a certain range.

The Kit has the appearance of a small, silver briefcase emblazoned with the letters "G.E.C.K."; according to Vault-Tec advertisements, it contains all the seeds, fertilizer, and other equipment (including a cold fusion power generator and a basic replicator) necessary to start a new settlement in a post-nuclear world after emerging from a Vault shelter.

The Garden of Eden Creation Kit is a device capable of radically altering the Wasteland and transforming dead, irradiated soil into viable land suitable for farming; it is implied, though not confirmed, that this is the usual mode of operation for a GECK in Fallout 2. However, there is significant disagreement as to what a GECK actually does; the only time we see one properly in action (rather than merely the results) is in Fallout 3.
Source: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Garden_of_Eden_Creation_Kit

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 4 GECK
Shady
Shady
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed May 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Glad I decided to check this thread today. Happy Birthday Somber!

Re: Prior Discussion to Birthday Wishes
._.
o_o
0____0

Ok then.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Wed May 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Time to Season 4 the crap out of it and make the bearers have to give the Elements back to the heart of Equestria to truly and completely purge the land of everything that messed it up in the first place

[size=32]I would think that use of the GECK and its range would vary based on how the owner used it. For example in FO3 it is used to repair the water purifier, bringing clean water to the whole DC wasteland. In other cases, it obviously creates an area if suitable farmland, likely based on how the user rations the contents.. For Equestria? Based on how the elements generally instantly fix things (Nightmare Moon, Discord, Tirek) I'd assume Gardens is designed to work instantly.[/size]
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed May 28, 2014 3:39 pm

1. G.E.C.K.
2. Magic
3. ???
4. Profit!
Shady
Shady
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Wed May 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Shady wrote:1. G.E.C.K.
2. Magic
3. ???
4. Profit!
1. G.E.C.K
2. Magic
3. Purification
4. Profit!
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Wed May 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Well, in Fallout 2 the people of Vault 8 used the G.E.C.K to create a livable enviroment to build Vault City... the city full of snobs (they have Servants there).

Also:

Happy Birthday, Somber!
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed May 28, 2014 4:15 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, yes, a very happy birthday to you, Somber!

Thanks for the reminder, Ryx.  :)
[...]

:D
Madoka spoiler:
Always happy to help when I can.

I definitely need to watch Madoka after I finish the episodes I'm still missing from Season 4 of FIM, heh.  Though that does certainly sound appropriate for Blackjack, I'm certain she would get a lot of use out of Homura's power if she had it.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 7:16 pm

swicked wrote:So yeah, I hope the aftermath of this story has Blackjack, Glory and P-21 just together. One atomic unit, living under the same roof, sleeping in the same bed, all happy just to be together. Raising Scotch and the child that's coming. I think that would be good.

I disagree greatly. As you said this third option does feel like it's cheated. I feel like if everyone survives to the end there's going to be a choice for BJ and I prefer her to make it.

There's no doubt that there's times Glory's turned to him, P-21's an alright listener (If I remember correctly he listened to Scotch's mom's crap all the time.) but I would never say it was out of mutual affection for one another at least not the romantic variety. Glory has very few people she can talk to, she's cut off entirely from her family a very big family by enclave standards. Rampage and Glory don't really get along and Scotch is a child, and the group sometimes chooses to keep secrets from BJ. Or there's just things Glory can't tell her.

I think the fact that Glory stayed in the collegiate alone is evidence of the fact that she doesn't need P-21 to be that listener anymore. Glory's got her sisters, she's got her father, She's not alone in the wastes anymore.

And as for sleeping the same bed? If you're referring to sex I'd like to point you to word of god once more. "If Glory was still RD in a year she would not be sleeping with stallions." Somber who I've talked to privately and will hopefully not be angry with me for saying this (I really hate sharing anything that anyone told me privately.)told me that the reason that she had sex with P-21 and Splendid was that she was a lesbian mare in a straight mare's body who was under the influence of hormones and that she would not be having sex with stallions anymore.

As for raising the child? I'm perfectly fine with them not excluding him from helping to raise it. But I don't think they all need to be in a relationship together for that to happen, I don't even think BJ needs to be in a relationship with him for that to happen. All the need for that is to live in the same town.

And I honestly don't think that BJ being in a relationship with both of them is good for Glory. Sex seems to hurt her enough, but having someone else that she may feel the need to compete with for affection? I'd feel so bad for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 7:50 pm

I know, I saw what you had posted. I assure you I read every word. I just mentioned that to say that I don't think any variation of a romantic relationship involving the three of them would work.

You and I can agree on the part where if BJ was romantically involved with both of them it would fail. Though you clearly feel strongly about them all getting together so we won't agree there.

No Glory is a lesbian. Whether you can find love in a gender you're not attracted to I don't know about that. Personally, I think it would be short lived. You might be able to find cases where that's not true, but that would entirely rely on people telling the truth and I personally wouldn't trust it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed May 28, 2014 8:00 pm

I find myself largely agreeing with Swicked. And I think it's already the case that in particular Blackjack, P-21, and Scotch already share many of the bonds of family. P-21's ambivalence with respect to Blackjack has long been an issue, but it's pretty clear to me that although there may always be some pain left, his admiration, devotion, and yes, love for her have become the stronger. For Blackjack, I think it would be a very natural development. The potential sticking point is Glory. Now, to first address the sexual point, that's really not a core issue here. They don't all need to have the same relationship characteristics with each other, and whether or not Glory ever has sex with P-21 again wouldn't be a determining factor in whether a romantic or familial relationship would work between the three. As to whether one can romantically love someone you aren't attracted to, well, the existence of romantic asexuals pretty definitively shows one can, so there's nothing in particular to indicate that would be, in principle, a problem. What could be, however, is Glory's ability to accept someone else as another core part of Blackjack's life. And while I can't say definitively how she's going on that front, "Best Night Ever" really gave some reason to think she could give it a chance, for Blackjack. While it* was built much more on the issue of Blackjack having sex with other people, which seemed to be at least provisionally accepted, I think that her whole point generalizes beyond that.

Sorry, I was referring to this:
Spoiled for space:

Last edited by Icy Shake on Wed May 28, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 9:12 pm

From my experience, multi-partner relationships can work even if two of the people aren't, y'know, sleeping together or what-have-you. Trust and a bond must be present, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed May 28, 2014 9:14 pm

I'm with Last on this one. While Blackjack is undoubtedly polyamorous, I'm going to need more evidence to convince me that Glory and P-21 are, and a lot more to prove that two have more than platonic feelings for one another. 

Icy raises the point that they already seem like a family, and that's because they are, Rampage and Lacs (though sadly not anymore) included. And that's where I see the story going, not just BJ and her chosen partner(s), but the whole family living together in Star House.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed May 28, 2014 9:47 pm

Lacs, maybe. I'll dispute that Rampage has weak ties to the group. If anything, she's connected more with P-21 and Scotch than Glory has. Just look at Rampage's talk with P-21 way back in Chapter 21. She was able to talk with him in a way that nopony else, especially not Blackjack, was able to. When Rampage left the group, Scotch was heartbroken, and Rampage has repeatedly shown that she has one of the closest connections to Scotch out of anyone in the group. The whole reason Ramps left in the first place was because of the decision that BJ made to rewrite her memory and her own worries that if she stayed, she would end up killing the filly she cared about.

The problem with Rampage is that while she has all these relationships and connections, she doesn't fully know it. Her emotions are constantly in turmoil, and much like Psalm, she feels that she doesn't deserve, and isn't destined to, be happy. She's not a wanderer by choice but because she feels that if she stays, she's going to destroy everything like she did so many times in the past. She wants to settle down and be happy but she's too scared to make the leap of faith. She wants to die because death is the only constant in her life and it's the only way she can think of to ensure that the ponies she cares about are protected from her.

Last edited by Scienza on Wed May 28, 2014 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed May 28, 2014 10:16 pm

Now here's where it gets interesting. I think that Rampage's feelings for Scotch run a whole lot deeper than just maternal projection onto any foal, but I think that Rampage sees herself along the lines of your argument. It ultimately boils down to the argument of Rampage's personhood. Blackjack sees Rampage as a person in her own right, while Ramps sees herself as a sum of her parts. She doubts every emotion she feels as merely the stirrings of her contingent souls, leading to her volatility and perpetually uncertainty.

As for the reason why I think Rampage cares for Scotch more than just a projection of her dead daughter is that she chose to leave knowing that she was ultimately dangerous for her. It's easy to like a kid, but what separates that from real love is in making the hard choices that sacrifice both of your happiness for the sake of the other's wellbeing. If it were merely her maternal unwillingness to harm any foal, why didn't it manifest for Thorn or that kid in Riverside? Hell, why wasn't it there for her own daughter? The decision was Rampage's, not the mutterings of Officer Softheart or Dr. Octopus mourning his favorite test tube.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed May 28, 2014 11:01 pm

Maybe, but the change only further reinforce my point. Rampage is changing and she's finally coming to accept that maybe there's more for her than a life of wandering finally followed by death. Maybe she can now settle down like she always wanted.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu May 29, 2014 1:55 am

swicked wrote:
Soooooo......:
I lost it at the bits with Murky and Stygius. Applebloom
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 3:03 am

swicked wrote:
Soooooo......:

Not sure if you were serious, but you don't have apologize to me. You can write whatever you want and I still found parts of it funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu May 29, 2014 9:51 am

Can't say I see Glory sleeping (comfortably) with anyone besides Blackjack anymore now that she's got her old body back
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 2:05 pm

I could if the ending goes like the one in mass effect where you try and romance Liara and Ashley at the same time.

For those of you who don't know Ashley says something along the lines of "I hope the two of you or however many there end up being are happy." If you suggest the three of them try and work something out.

Glory wouldn't just be celibate (I hope I spelled that right.) if BJ rejected her I wouldn't think. I'd imagine there's someone in the Collegiate that suits her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu May 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Odds are BJ's gonna die doing something stupid yet heroic and Glory's gonna raise her kid who gets birthed through unknown means

I don't know for sure
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Thu May 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Maybe...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  It's been a rough weak. 20 applications, 2 interviews, no job.

And yes, BJ using time travel again and again and again to save the world, yeah.  It'd happen.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Thu May 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Glory is pretty monogamous, BTW.  P-21 and Splendid counts as 'experimenting', and from what Jenny tells me (gay friend from high school), not that strange.  Try it a few times, find out that it's a lot more awkward than sexy for a lesbian, move back to preferred sexes.  (and yes, I was her experiment, mostly because I was the only guy she knew that wasn't a douche.  Ah... high school....)
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 7:38 pm

That's rough, I missed saying it before, so happy late birthday Somber.

Hopefully your job hunt will go better.

@Glory Good to hear. Thank you.

Last edited by Last on Thu May 29, 2014 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Somber wrote:Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's been a rough weak. 20 applications, 2 interviews, no job.
Sorry. Good luck!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 2:02 am

So...

Maybe another dicussion? First order of business next chapter is escaping from the batpony's castle.

Way I see it there are few routes.

1. The bat ponies being completely cut off from the rest of the world means they're probably lacking in something else besides new DNA. Unless I missed something. So finding out what that something else is and bargaining could work.

2. Stygius can read and write. So that might mean books or a library anything one could read from. That of course means a possible source where BJ can learn about where she is and what if anything she can do to escape on her own.

3. Hades seems pretty prideful, maybe a duel like BJ had with Stronghoof would work.

4.Stygius could sneak BJ out.

5. BJ could use her new spear to negotiate.

6.Powerhoof negotiations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next