Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Horizon Comment Crew Steam Group

+16
Cptadder
Scyto Harmony
Alessandro101
Harmony Ltd.
Aonee
StoneSlinger88
Stringtheory
OneMoreDaySK
Downloaded Skill
Ketchup
Ironmonger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Moodyman90
TalixZero
Derpmind
Meleagridis
20 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Project Horizon Comment Crew Steam Group - Page 17 Empty Re: Project Horizon Comment Crew Steam Group

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:24 pm

I got Don't Starve and XCOM complete, both are shaping up to be awesome.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Project Horizon Comment Crew Steam Group - Page 17 Empty Re: Project Horizon Comment Crew Steam Group

Post by Silver136 Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:15 pm

I got Don't Starve a while back. Haven't played it much, but it should be fun with multiplayer I hope.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:23 pm

My vote is negative on Contagion, the gameplay is zombies VS humans with dead humans becoming zombies but it's very samey. Defend the house looks interesting except the guns are all lackluster and zombies are lackluster. They are slow zombies but not horde zombies and the combat has zero vertical dimension.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:09 pm

I think I played Contagion back when it was a HL2 mod under another name. (Or a similar game, not gonna bother checking.) Basically, it was shit very underwhelming with unexciting gameplay.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:05 am

Trying to get Zomboid to work between Aonee and me before asking who wants the other two keys. Thinkin' Moody and Kidney, but it's up in the air for now. Gotta get the server working first. Supposedly some one on Reddit is making a guide. Will be helpful. In the meantime, played Dead Island with Aonee and Stone.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:55 am

So I know I've kinda asked this before, but I would really appreciate some help "running" the group. I don't really do much, just writing the steam announcements and forcing everyone to compromise (um... um... um... yeah, let's play that) so we can play the same game together. Sometimes I find out kinda at the last minute that I'm not going to be able to be around for some game nights, and oftentimes I kinda lack the motivation to try organizing ahead of time for specific games (even thought when we've done that it's turned out really well for us.) You don't even need to show up for every game night (like I do), ya just need to pretend you have authority over everyone else occasionally. If you think you want to help out, I'd really appreciate it. (I'm sure everyone else will appreciate it too.)

Plus I'll give you the "official" title of Vice-Dictator! Luna
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Got Killing Floor working again (it might be because I updated my graphics driver software, maybe) so me, SK, Tyler, and Stone had an awesome time. BTW, Killing Floor 2's been announced so that's also cool. Also also, Stone and SK are now also group leaders, 'cause reasons.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:19 pm

I've been having a lot of fun playing 7 Days to Die with a friend.

It's got a similar loot system when compared to State of Decay, container-based. Since your character isn't persistent between servers the randomized loot respawns every three in-game days.
There are differences between servers with different settings for the zombies, mostly differing in when and/or if they run at you and maybe how many there are. Essentially, you can have the zombies move like those of the WWZ book or the film. There are also time settings for day and night length.
The construction/mining in the game is smoothed voxel construction with rudimentary physics for collapses. This is fun mixed with the ability to make explosives.

Quite pricey though, on sale it's not a bad purchase if you've got friends to play with. It feels remarkably complete in several components, with the crafting and weapons working very well compared to several other games in the genre. It's planned features are fairly interesting as well.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:41 pm

15$ per copy if you buy it in two packs. I'll keep an eye on 7 days to die if it goes on sale for anything more than 25% off I'll pick up a few packs.

Watching the Rooster Teeth crew play it today caught my interest.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:20 am

Finished first 8 missions in Mark of the Ninja using the beginner equipment, no kills. It's crazy hard and you have to time things just right. Lack of secondary distraction tool made it crazy hard. Had to purposely run and make noise. Irritating that you can only throw darts at designated targets in the focus mode.

Also got zomboid working, but not sure if anyone wants to play it. Aonee seemed bored with it. I'll glady take a copy of another survival game if you can spare.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:21 am

swicked wrote:We are meeting Friday night for gmod, right? That's still a thing?
I feel like that should be a thing.
It is a thing far as I know
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:00 am

Just have to pick the game mode, or are we just going with whatever everyone decides? Try a new mode?
So far we've done the following:
TTT
Prop Hunt
Bomberman
Vanilla GMod (For like 5 minutes)
Death Race
That one like TTT except with one knife and a gun.
Elevator (never again)

Any others you would like to suggest?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:15 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Just have to pick the game mode, or are we just going with whatever everyone decides? Try a new mode?
So far we've done the following:
TTT
Prop Hunt
Bomberman
Vanilla GMod (For like 5 minutes)
Death Race
That one like TTT except with one knife and a gun.
Elevator (never again)

Any others you would like to suggest?
My friend Realwarior actually made his own game mode called "team switch" or something like that. When you kill someone they get swapped onto your team. The goal of course is to get everyone on your team. I'm not around, but if you guys want to ask him feel free. Its still a bit if a work in progress, but the game itself works. There's just a couple glitches sometimes.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:48 am

OAN: If 7 Days to die goes on sale again I will pick up four or five copies for everyone. The more I look at the game the more interested I am even if it is alpha.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:06 am

Meanwhile I'm looking at Tower Wars. Up to 6 players playing a <i>frantic</i> tower defense game where APM actually does matter. Anyone intersted?

@Adder
I'd like a copy. Better than doing nothing but get KOS'd in DayZ.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:09 am

Oh the game like TTT but only a knife and a gun?  That's Murder
We have also yet to try Hide and Seek  Spike 
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:17 am

@7 Days to Die
I'd like a copy. It seems like it would be hilarious to play with friends.

@Tower Wars
I'm interested. TD games are always fun.

@Hide n Seek

That game mode would be all sorts of funny.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:57 am

7 Days to Die sounds fun, I'll grab a copy if Adder has some left. And I got Next Car Game, it's not multiplayer yet, but oh the destruction... Tis GLORIOUS.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:19 pm

I'll be buying 7 days to die on the last day or when it gets cheaper than 25% off. After all 3 copies of $$ now could be 6 copies of $$ tomorrow
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:27 pm

swicked wrote:I know nothing about 7 days to die beyond the fact that it's another zombie game.
It's a Voxel based zombie survival game. Zombies in darkness or night are fast zombies but in daylight they are slow and lethargic. You die quickly but it has multi-player, and because it Voxel based and has a physics engine it's not minecraft, build a unsupported wall and it can fall over. It's got crafting and construction and zombies and rabid dogs will hunt you down.

Best of all, swarms (15-60 zombies) will randomly spawn and wander around. During the day this is a shambling horde, during the night it's death as 40 sprinting zombies charge you. Zombies will break down doors and windows to get at you and can kind of climb/ramp up. You have to worry about water and food but can loot all you want.

The end state of the game is a procedurally generated world while they use a static one for Alpha testing. Still it's a large (Dozen kilometers) world with lots to explore and plenty to do to survive.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:35 pm

Well, I'm interested. DayZ is hugely lacking in Zeds while they develop propper Z AI. Wallhacking undead are unfair, but are currently a non-threat compared to the players. Eventually their goal is to have the reanimated come in swarms, but that's gonna be a wait.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:12 pm

Isn't 7 days to die also the game that stole assets from Killing Floor, then didn't respond to anybody who asked about it?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Aonee wrote:Isn't 7 days to die also the game that stole assets from Killing Floor, then didn't respond to anybody who asked about it?
From what I understand, they bought an asset from the Unity store and used it. All the while, it wasn't supposed to be in that store at all, and it was taken out after it got taken off Steam. I don't know any of the specifics.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:58 pm

How many of us have Killing Floor up and working? I was thinking that with Friday being G-Mod night, we could try setting something up for Saturday and I'd like to play more Killing Floor.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Derpmind wrote:How many of us have Killing Floor up and working? I was thinking that with Friday being G-Mod night, we could try setting something up for Saturday and I'd like to play more Killing Floor.
I have it and I'll gladly play since I've been meaning to get in on multiplayer for a while now.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:27 pm

Goat simulator is on sale
That is all
345 games owned
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:03 am

Bundles stars which I found out about today had a crazy deal with three copies of The Ship for 1$ except it's one copy + 2 gift copies. So I bought 2 keys netting me six keys.

So I have two copies of The Ship to give away in addition to a key which is copy of the ship +2 more gift copies of The Ship. Anyone want a copy?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Cptadder wrote:Bundles stars which I found out about today had a crazy deal with three copies of The Ship for 1$ except it's one copy + 2 gift copies.  So I bought 2 keys netting me six keys.  

So I have two copies of The Ship to give away in addition to a key which is copy of the ship +2 more gift copies of The Ship.  Anyone want a copy?
I wouldn't mind a copy. Won't be able to collect until some point late august, but I'd love to play.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Payday 2 on sale 4 pack for 18$ or a copy for 6$, heck of a deal but everyone owns it already.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Just to remind everyone bug ya, tonight's gonna be a Killing Floor night 'cause noone objected to it.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next