Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+50
The Tainted One
Twilightrose42
The Truth
Boing
Luminous Lead
CD
Katarn
OneMoreDaySK
TyrannisUmbra
MSCA
Tytan
Technowolf
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Dekshuduph
Meleagridis
ChaosDX1
chinman
Borsuq
skibadaa
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Rayndalf
FoolNeim
Retl
Evilgidgit
Shady
Harmony Ltd.
Scienza
CrispyBit
Aonee
Train Dodger
Stringtheory
TheWanderingZebra
StoneSlinger88
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Silver136
WavemasterRyx
Downloaded Skill
Somber
Derpmind
Exodus Hero
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
Moodyman90
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Vergil
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
54 posters

Page 7 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vergil Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:08 am

Ch.46: "I wasn't sure sure what the S.W.A.T. spray-painted out had stood for, though."
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:28 am

Vergil wrote:Ch.46: "I wasn't sure sure what the S.W.A.T. spray-painted out had stood for, though."
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:25 am

Ch.47: "A second later, one of the sentries gave a mechanical scream and began to unload into the other sentry, firing rockets at its partner, who immediately returned to fire rockets back at it."

Shouldn't this be 'turned to fire' rather than returned?

"We need something more to destroy it in one blast that it couldn't regenerate," Lacunae said in my mind as I passed the lounge the third time.

Call me crazy but the front half of that seems really awkward.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:32 pm

There's a section in Chapter 35 that is highlighted in a grey box for some reason. Is it meant to be like that?
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Ch.48: "She looked back down towards the hole and said before I could argue."

Not sure if there's a misspell here or if there's a misplaced period.

"Xanthe kept out of sight, though occasionally a feral dropped with a shotgun blast from nowhere."

Didn't Bj switch Xanthe's shotgun for a 10mm automatic?
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:49 pm

@Vergil:
Ah, thank you.

@Evilgidgit:
I'm not seeing that. Where is it? It's probably just a display error.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Train Dodger Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:59 pm

O. Hinds wrote:@Evilgidgit:
I'm not seeing that.  Where is it?  It's probably just a display error.

Chapter 35: [She sighed.  I stared at her, thinking about Doc Oct’s warnings and about what had happened to Scotch.  Would ripping holes in her own memory cause reactions and mistakes?  Cause her brain to scramble or drive her crazy?  She noticed my look and bowed her head. “The only way to do this... the only way for me to be sure... is if I know there’s nothing in there for her to pick out.”

I looked at her for the longest time.  I couldn’t imagine her going through what she had, facing what she did.  Actually sabotaging her own brain to thwart a mind-reader?  All I did was shoot, get shot at, and have mysteries thrown in my face.  I’d never have it as hard as LittlePip did.  “LittlePip...” I began, but she shook her head, cutting me off.

“As is, I’m probably going to have to drop a few more memories before I’m sure everything’s set,” she said with a little sigh and roll of her eyes, as if it wasn’t a big deal at all, and the look on her face said that she didn’t want me to treat it as if it was.  Wow... she might actually have been able to give the Stable Dweller a run for her money.

“So,” I asked, “you don’t remember anything about our adventure?”]

I can confirm that in Google Docs, these paragraphs are highlighted in gray. This highlighting does not appear when the document is saved and opened locally in Word. 

Here's a screencap of what it looks like:

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 VXBMRjf
Train Dodger
Train Dodger
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:56 pm

...Yeah, that's not appearing for me at all; the text looks nominal. Odd.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:21 pm

O. Hinds wrote:...Yeah, that's not appearing for me at all; the text looks nominal.  Odd.
I don't see it either -- it may have been another reader with the text highlighted.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:46 pm

How mysterious. It's still there.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:41 pm

Ch.49: "P-21 said you wanted to talk to be about something that upset you?"
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:42 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:*Modulo the bridge, maybe, unless you count Word of God. Things could, after all, change.
I'm giggling over the use of the phrase "Word fo God" after quoting scripture.

I think BJ's statement that "I'm not an executioner" still holds true. It's her ideal, and that doesn't mean she can't slip and fail once in a while under duress.
Makes me wish it had been intentional.
As for the second part, that's pretty much how I feel about it, too.

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:...Yeah, that's not appearing for me at all; the text looks nominal.  Odd.
I don't see it either -- it may have been another reader with the text highlighted.
It's something I noticed and brought up a few weeks ago. And it's still there for me. I'm reading the Gdocs page on Firefox 26.0 on Windows 7. Is that different from the people who aren't seeing it?

So, in chapter thirty nine, in the scene at Miramare where Blackjack opens Vanity's locker, I was reminded of this depressing little story:

So, are "flux" and/or "protectapony" supposed to be capitalized, not, or is it context specific? I think that at least "protectapony" is sometimes used as the name of a specific product line, but it might also be a more general term.
Chapter Thirty Nine Running Thoughts:
Chapter Thirty Nine Overall:
Chapter Thirty Nine Editing:
Other Editing:

Last edited by Icy Shake on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Ch.50: "Slowly, with a numb sensation through out my entire body, I made my way back out of the room."

Also:

"Now you see the depths our Caesar has sunk too."
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:23 am

Vergil wrote:Ch.49: "P-21 said you wanted to talk to be about something that upset you?"
Vergil wrote:Ch.50: "Slowly, with a numb sensation through out my entire body, I made my way back out of the room."

Also:

"Now you see the depths our Caesar has sunk too."
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:00 am

Icy Shake wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:*Modulo the bridge, maybe, unless you count Word of God. Things could, after all, change.
I'm giggling over the use of the phrase "Word fo God" after quoting scripture.

I think BJ's statement that "I'm not an executioner" still holds true. It's her ideal, and that doesn't mean she can't slip and fail once in a while under duress.
Makes me wish it had been intentional.
As for the second part, that's pretty much how I feel about it, too.

SilentCarto wrote:
It's something I noticed and brought up a few weeks ago. And it's still there for me. I'm reading the Gdocs page on Firefox 26.0 on Windows 7. Is that different from the people who aren't seeing it?

So, in chapter thirty nine, in the scene at Miramare where Blackjack opens Vanity's locker, I was reminded of this depressing little story:

So, are "flux" and/or "protectapony" supposed to be capitalized, not, or is it context specific? I think that at least "protectapony" is sometimes used as the name of a specific product line, but it might also be a more general term.
Chapter Thirty Nine Running Thoughts:
Chapter Thirty Nine Overall:
Chapter Thirty Nine Editing:
Other Editing:
Ah, thank you very much as always.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:47 am

Ch.51: "Tiny Sonata clamored on to Allegro's shoulders and her hooves began to work the neck of the base."

Should be bass (or contrabass)
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Vergil wrote:Ch.51: "Tiny Sonata clamored on to Allegro's shoulders and her hooves began to work the neck of the base."

Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Icy Shake wrote:So, are "flux" and/or "protectapony" supposed to be capitalized, not, or is it context specific? I think that at least "protectapony" is sometimes used as the name of a specific product line, but it might also be a more general term.
Pretty sure they should be. Protectapony is a product of Robronco, and flux can refer to lots of things while capital-f Flux refers to a specific material, which is the same as capital-t Taint.

Vergil wrote:Ch.51: "Tiny Sonata clamored on to Allegro's shoulders and her hooves began to work the neck of the base."

No, no! Sonata is giving Allegro a massage. It should be "...her hooves began to work the base of the neck."
 Chicken 
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:18 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:So, are "flux" and/or "protectapony" supposed to be capitalized, not, or is it context specific? I think that at least "protectapony" is sometimes used as the name of a specific product line, but it might also be a more general term.
Pretty sure they should be. Protectapony is a product of Robronco, and flux can refer to lots of things while capital-f Flux refers to a specific material, which is the same as capital-t Taint.
Oh dear imagine what would happen if the core at some point generates 1.21 JigaWatt.
Shady
Shady
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Retl Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:10 pm

I think I found a small typo thingy in Chapter 27. Wasn't sure where to best report it, so I dropped back into the forums.

"I said resolutely as slowly rolled out of bed and on to the floor. "
I think there should be an I between 'as' and 'slowly'.
Retl
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Retl wrote:I think I found a small typo thingy in Chapter 27. Wasn't sure where to best report it, so I dropped back into the forums.

"I said resolutely as slowly rolled out of bed and on to the floor. "
I think there should be an I between 'as' and 'slowly'.
Ah, thank you; you have done just the right thing.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:06 am

swicked wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:
I lost it when the world turned into a pisspot  Chicken
I know, right? Also, this is the first comment I saw for that video:
jazzbumpa wrote:Wow.

Now I know how to do child abuse without ever lifting a finger.
Also, too, I have a new favorite crack theory about what Project Horizons does. Applebloom

SilentCarto wrote:
Okay, that's about what I figured. Thanks. However, "taint" is very inconsistently capitalized in FoE, and isn't in PH. The other uses of "flux" I found were the flux converter which is the alternate power source of the Seahorse, and an instance of "spark flux capacitor."

Shady wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:
Oh dear imagine what would happen if the core at some point generates 1.21 JigaWatt.
I would be amazed if its peak output/consumption isn't far more than that, even among what we've already seen. Think the gigantic magical energy beams used on Hightower, for instance.

Oh, and this reminds me of something my high school physics teacher used to say: all capacitors are flux capacitors.

Protectapony and Flux:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:43 am

Icy Shake wrote:
swicked wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:
I lost it when the world turned into a pisspot  Chicken
I know, right? Also, this is the first comment I saw for that video:
jazzbumpa wrote:Wow.

Now I know how to do child abuse without ever lifting a finger.
Also, too, I have a new favorite crack theory about what Project Horizons does. Applebloom

SilentCarto wrote:
Okay, that's about what I figured. Thanks. However, "taint" is very inconsistently capitalized in FoE, and isn't in PH. The other uses of "flux" I found were the flux converter which is the alternate power source of the Seahorse, and an instance of "spark flux capacitor."

Shady wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:
I would be amazed if its peak output/consumption isn't far more than that, even among what we've already seen. Think the gigantic magical energy beams used on Hightower, for instance.

Oh, and this reminds me of something my high school physics teacher used to say: all capacitors are flux capacitors.

Protectapony and Flux:
Ah, thank you very much as always.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:31 pm

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if Somber's doing any better on the job front? He hasn't updated in a while and I do want to know if he's okay right now.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:28 am

Ch.54: "Stallions," Twister muttered, then saw Sunset looked at her curiously and the russet mare flushed.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:39 am

Vergil wrote:Ch.54: "Stallions," Twister muttered, then saw Sunset looked at her curiously and the russet mare flushed.
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:41 pm

Sigh... okay.  63 is mostly done.  Trying something different so hopefully I pull it off.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:51 pm

I've just started preliminary solo brushing/commenting of the new chapter, and I can't wait to see your reactions. :D

@Somber:
Oh, someone (and probably more who didn't voice it) wanted to know how the new job's been going, in case you didn't see the post.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Poorly.  I'm almost broke and I won't get my first paycheck till the 15th.  But I subbed 4/5 days this week, which is good.  I need to sub 20 days a month to make my expenses.  So I'll probably be a little short this month, but hopefully it won't be too bad... I hope.

As for the subbing, it's been fine.  two days at a middle school, two at a high school, no biggie.  I'm sure I'll screw up eventually... >.>  Right now I'm trying to get some english job applications together, but they require a passport... which is another 145 dollars for a passport book.  Sigh... So I'll fudge that part of the application and if they'll give me a job, THEN I'll get it.  ::Crosses fingers.::
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Good luck.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next