Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+25
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Aonee
Scienza
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Plasticube
Ketchup
OneMoreDaySK
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
cb5
Scyto Harmony
StoneSlinger88
Stringtheory
Frost
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Penby
Kippershy
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Katarn
29 posters

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:12 am

Last wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
swicked wrote:...or is the later a pony-fied version of the former?
Pony version was made based on goat version.

Because this fandom doesn't seem to believe in originality anymore.
Well, is the goat thing even original? I'm sure some farmer made up fake names for his livestock's anatomy for a laugh long before that image existed.

I severely doubt it is, but that doesn't change that I haven't seen a legitimately original thing come out of pony in the past 6 months or so.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:13 am

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:What sort of games will you be playing? Single, Co-op, or multi? What genre's are you planning on doing?  Finally, the most important question: What sort of gimmick will you guys have?
We'll be playing all sorts of genre's and types, though I don't know how to answer that last question. In my attempt to answer that I am using other YouTubers as a point of reference; Achievement Hunter has their group dumbassery and antics, Markiplier has his famous voice and realistic screams, and...That's all I got. As far as I can currently tell, I'll be bringing my trademark insanity and snark, Frost is going to be Frost, but I don't know what Crater and our other guy Ian are doing.

Sorry if any of this is confusing, this is still a concept in progress.
The best formula for let's play series is to either
1)Play a game one of you loves, but the other people hate.
2)Play a game both of you hate
3)Play games that are just hilarious to watch people suffer through
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:15 am

CamoBadger wrote:I severely doubt it is, but that doesn't change that I haven't seen a legitimately original thing come out of pony in the past 6 months or so.
Fair enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:27 am

swicked wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:What sort of games will you be playing? Single, Co-op, or multi? What genre's are you planning on doing?  Finally, the most important question: What sort of gimmick will you guys have?
We'll be playing all sorts of genre's and types, though I don't know how to answer that last question. In my attempt to answer that I am using other YouTubers as a point of reference; Achievement Hunter has their group dumbassery and antics, Markiplier has his famous voice and realistic screams, and...That's all I got. As far as I can currently tell, I'll be bringing my trademark insanity and snark, Frost is going to be Frost, but I don't know what Crater and our other guy Ian are doing.

Hmm.
In my experience, it also GREATLY helps if at least one person has played ahead in the game.
Nothing on this earth pisses me off more in a Let's Play than seeing the player run around in circles or simply fail for ten or twenty minutes straight while they try and figure out what to do. Particularly if the instructions for what to do were plainly told to them in the game and they just happened to be speaking over the game at the time.
Sometimes it can be funny if the game is bad enough, and sometimes sonic '06 will cause a beautiful little moment.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:30 am

cb5 wrote:
swicked wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

Hmm.
In my experience, it also GREATLY helps if at least one person has played ahead in the game.
Nothing on this earth pisses me off more in a Let's Play than seeing the player run around in circles or simply fail for ten or twenty minutes straight while they try and figure out what to do. Particularly if the instructions for what to do were plainly told to them in the game and they just happened to be speaking over the game at the time.
Sometimes it can be funny if the game is bad enough, and sometimes sonic '06 will cause a beautiful little moment.
That is a little overridden by the stagnating comedy that relies on the commentator's reaction to how glitchy/bad the game is.

Last edited by Last on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:40 am

swicked wrote:If the point is to make a rage quit video and NOT to actually play and beat the game, then yes.
If the point is to play through the game, then no.
Well to be fair with the massive amounts of let's plays out there chances are that whatever game you have played, unless it's super underground, have already been done and that if you're not funny then chances are no one is going to watch it.

And no you can't use pewdiepie as a counterexample cause fucking every actual gamer hates his guts.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:44 am

I think the Shadow Moses videos are good enough for now, but it you want to see the others Iron I'll link you to the first of them.

Feel like an egomaniac for rewatching these videos.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:48 am

cb5 wrote:
swicked wrote:If the point is to make a rage quit video and NOT to actually play and beat the game, then yes.
If the point is to play through the game, then no.
Well to be fair with the massive amounts of let's plays out there chances are that whatever game you have played, unless it's super underground, have already been done and that if you're not funny then chances are no one is going to watch it.

And no you can't use pewdiepie as a counterexample cause fucking every actual gamer hates his guts.
It's been done before is not really a good excuse. Just because xXSnipezillaXx played hrough the game doesn't mean you watched it and it's clear that at least some of the entertainment value comes from the game. If it didn't they could just do podcasts. Some of the value does come from wanting to see what happens next in the game and for the people who do wanna see that the commentator running around in circles for five minutes going "what do I do?" is incredibly annoying.

Last edited by Last on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:48 am

cb5 wrote:The best formula for let's play series is to either
1) I can pull that off rather easily due to probably having more gaming experience than my fellows.
2)That should be very easy to pull off.
3)*cringes intensely* I can probably do that.

swicked wrote:Hmm.
I agree with this completely. I occasionally get hung up on "obvious" stuff, mostly because I'm looking for something else that I expect to be there, so to keep the viewers from getting frustrated I'll just jump-cut or speed through any major hiccups with the gameplay.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:37 am

I'm starting to feel old, cause I realized that I'm complaining about more and more video games going, "Back in my day we had to use skill to get a achievement instead of having to pay $1.99, and hitboxes were only the size of the actual character".

Also call of duty was NEVER good.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:39 am

cb5 wrote:I'm starting to feel old, cause I realized that I'm complaining about more and more video games going, "Back in my day we had to use skill to get a achievement instead of having to pay $1.99, and hitboxes were only the size of the actual character".

Son, did you even play CoD2 or Big Red One?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:41 am

CamoBadger wrote:
cb5 wrote:I'm starting to feel old, cause I realized that I'm complaining about more and more video games going, "Back in my day we had to use skill to get a achievement instead of having to pay $1.99, and hitboxes were only the size of the actual character".

This.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:43 am

CamoBadger wrote:

Yeah, but they haven't aged well.  Back in the day they were the shit, but I don't like to play it anymore cause I know that's going to ruin my childhood.  It's one of those games that as a kid you were all excited for, but as a grown up you don't want to ruin the magic.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:46 am

cb5 wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

Yeah, but they haven't aged well.  Back in the day they were the shit, but I don't like to play it anymore cause I know that's going to ruin my childhood.  It's one of those games that as a kid you were all excited for, but as a grown up you don't want to ruin the magic.
I think I need a gif of someone backpeddling for these type of posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:09 am

Last wrote:
cb5 wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

I think I need a gif of someone backpeddling for these type of posts.
What I mean back in the day we were like the current group of 14 year old COD players.  We thought it was good and all excited to get it for christmas, but later you feel embarrassed when you think back to it.  I thought the COD franchise as a kid was good, but now I feel embarrassed about liking it.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:56 am

All the CoD games I've played have been underwhelming at best, but I've only played 3 and 4. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:05 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:All the CoD games I've played have been underwhelming at best, but I've only played 3 and 4. =P
The fundamental problem is that pretty much all the games are exactly the same to each other, just with updated character models.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:46 am

The original COD games (before 4) weren't too bad. They were fun.
Don't remember which two specifically that I played, though I remember I played two.
I also liked two of the MOH series games, though that has gone downhill so bad these days.
(Finest Hour and Rising Sun, with Rising Sun having an AMAZING multiplayer mode.)

I picked up COD MW2 because my workplace was selling it almost half price on day of release (£25 instead of £40) and everyone I knew was getting it, so instead of missing out on COD4 when everyone was raving about it, I figured why not.
I enjoyed it for a time, but I eventually saw through the repetitive nature of the game. Still, I got my prestige and all that, just not past level 3 or so I think.
Didn't buy any games after that because I knew it was only going to be the exact same game as the previous one and didn't want to bother wasting my money on a game that I'd already grown tired of.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:44 am

Kippershy wrote:The original COD games (before 4) weren't too bad. They were fun.
Don't remember which two specifically that I played, though I remember I played two.
I also liked two of the MOH series games, though that has gone downhill so bad these days.
(Finest Hour and Rising Sun, with Rising Sun having an AMAZING multiplayer mode.)

I picked up COD MW2 because my workplace was selling it almost half price on day of release (£25 instead of £40) and everyone I knew was getting it, so instead of missing out on COD4 when everyone was raving about it, I figured why not.
I enjoyed it for a time, but I eventually saw through the repetitive nature of the game. Still, I got my prestige and all that, just not past level 3 or so I think.
Didn't buy any games after that because I knew it was only going to be the exact same game as the previous one and didn't want to bother wasting my money on a game that I'd already grown tired of.
The problem financially with call of duty in the long run is that being repetitive being repetitive being repetitive only works in the long run so long as there's a gimmick.

This time round the gimmick was a dog and that fish swim away from the player. . . Man they're really scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:40 am

cb5 wrote:
Kippershy wrote:The original COD games (before 4) weren't too bad. They were fun.

The problem financially with call of duty in the long run is that being repetitive being repetitive being repetitive only works in the long run so long as there's a gimmick.

This time round the gimmick was a dog and that fish swim away from the player. . . Man they're really scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
What's funny is that the dog idea probably came from a fan update from TF2. The guard dog, the new playable class that's faster than the scout. (By new I mean it came out in 2009)

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Guard_Dog_Update
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Penby Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:37 am

Replace 'Cod' with 'Assassins Creed' and you have the same argument.
Penby
Penby
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 44

http://penby.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:48 am

Indeed. There's a reason I never bought III or Black Flag.
1 was good fun, charming. 2 was a total improvement with the diversity and scenery, really nice. Brotherhood added some really awesome features like the upgrading entire places and doing the whole brotherhood of assassins thing but revelations fell flat for me since really, there wasn't much more on brotherhood. I never got much into the bombs and the whole renovating the world around you wasn't improved in any way.
Fighting off enemy attacks was cool mind you.

When looking at III however, I knew that it wasn't for me. I could tell that it wouldn't massively change the features but rather rely on the change of world setting to net more cash. Same goes for Black Flag.
The features are essentially the same prospect as what was introduced with Brotherhood, with a bit of ship play from III, slapped with a new lick of paint to make exploration 'the main feature'.
Sorry, but I'm tired of games trying to use the same old system as before and use 'oh, but this is a new map!'

Not gonna lie, I expect Bethesda will probably do this to a lesser extent with Fallout 4 - use the fact it's on a new map, change some guns around, introduce a few new enemy types -- but the real charm of Fallout is the world setting, the dark humour, the hidden secrets and the customisability of it on PC.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:55 am

Kippershy wrote:Not gonna lie, I expect Bethesda will probably do this to a lesser extent with Fallout 4 - use the fact it's on a new map, change some guns around, introduce a few new enemy types -- but the real charm of Fallout is the world setting, the dark humour, the hidden secrets and the customisability of it on PC.
Or given the massive success of Skyrim, they'll just repackage it with guns.

"Now you can level your Armor by getting shot in the face!"
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:04 am

Scienza wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Not gonna lie, I expect Bethesda will probably do this to a lesser extent with Fallout 4 - use the fact it's on a new map, change some guns around, introduce a few new enemy types -- but the real charm of Fallout is the world setting, the dark humour, the hidden secrets and the customisability of it on PC.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:11 am

Damn, I used to be an oblivious reader.

About 5 years ago, I'd read through the entire Sword of Truth series and thought that it was a kinda fun adventure story.

Just now, I've seen some Avatar fiction I'd also read years ago and just... ugh. My reaction was "Fuck, is the author secretly Chatoyance?"
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:23 am

Call of Duty: Big Red One was more of a stand alone game than any of the others have been. Almost like they wanted to make the game but knew another WWII shooter wouldn't sell well if it didn't have Call of Duty in the title, even if they did have actors from Band of Brothers doing the voices.

That said my first WWII shooter was Medal of Honor Underground, where you play a French woman as she slaughters all the Nazi's James Patterson missed in his games.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:39 am

Tytan wrote:
Scienza wrote:

You say that like it's a bad thing.
I do.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:43 am

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:37 pm

just disco dancing dog:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:49 pm

That's why you don't buy things at launch to see if it's actually good first.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next