Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+5
Fuzzy
Vergil
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
9 posters

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 25 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Vergil Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:13 pm

RoboRed wrote:Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 25 1397120_440015576102316_31206043_o
WELP
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 25 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by RoboRed Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:19 pm

I feel ever-so-slightly motivated to grind on my Leo ptA again.

Slightly.

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Yeah, I'm slowly making my way. Very slowly.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Perhaps we can work on them together once schoolwork isn't threatening to rip my lungs out.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Jesus fucking christ.

The AMX is an okay tank. Mediocre more often than not, good when things go good. But I just can't get any wins in it, no matter what I do. I HAVE to rely on my team. And that just doesn't work.

I literally have not won a game yet today.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:23 pm

whelp:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Reading through the patch notes for the second test of 8.9, it says that encounter on Mountain Pass has been removed.
This is most excellent news!
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:10 pm

RNG has decided to make everything either miss or bounce tonight for 7 straight games.

Fuck everything.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 25 Fuck_63a171_1008081
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:03 am

I swear to god, MM and RNG insist on giving me the WORST FUCKING TIME whenever I get in the Leopard proto.

MM: "Oh, here's a good idea: let's give Robo a tier 10 game, with most of the enemy tens be heavies and skilled players, while Robo's tens are TDs and mediums, being driven by a total crock of noobs!"

RNG: "Cool idea, MM! Let's also make over half of his shots either hit the ground or sail over the target!"

MM: "Splendid idea, old chap."

And of course, the remaining shots that don't miss usually bounce because of the worthless stock gun, or fly away from where I'm aiming and hit non-weak spots or tracks.

God.
Fucking.
Damn.

Now I remember why I stopped working on it.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:27 am

Words [almost] completely fail me.

Fourteen consecutive losses today in my proto, and the win goes to a game in which I get one shot off, then get oneshotted myself due to a hit leaving me at ~9 hp and causing an engine fire.

And I even had what is probably my best game ever in the history of me owning the thing, my team STILL lost, and the game decided that I couldn't pen a FUCKING TIGER 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?vb2qah81tub8eax

I'm pretty much losing my way to the engine right now. At least it'll likely be mine tomorrow. But seriously, I think the game is just rigged to completely shit all over the proto. This is beyond absurd.

Spoiler:

Oh, and in other news, there was this delightful little tidbit on FTR earlier today:
- there has been a project to put a gun more powerful than the BL-9 on IS-3: the D-83
WG, plzno.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:53 am

RoboRed wrote:Oh, and in other news, there was this delightful little tidbit on FTR earlier today:
- there has been a project to put a gun more powerful than the BL-9 on IS-3: the D-83
WG, plzno.
Isnt's that a smoothbore gun?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 am

It's a derpgun essentially, many of them are already smoothbore as they're basically artillery pieces strapped to turrets.

The Russians had all sorts of odd "gun on X tank" projects, hardly anything worth putting in game, if you ask me. It opens a big floodgate to the American and British tank testing, that often had some insane gun concepts that would break the entire game. (Autoloaded drum revolving 155mm or 183mm guns anyone?)
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:32 am

Fuzzy wrote:(Autoloaded drum revolving 155mm or 183mm guns anyone?)
I'm picturing myself in something akin to an autoloaded FV215 183, cackling maniacally, while punctuating every fired round with a shout of "DEATH!!!"

Reload time on something like that would be insane, though.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:24 pm

If I remember correctly, the 122mm on the Kv-1S failed because the forward suspension would collapse from the weight or the gun firing or something.

Also I think there was a british autoloading smallish gun like a six pounder or something that had a hopper that could be filled while the gun was operating. So in effect you'd have an autoloader that doesn't have 'clips', but instead loads another shell into the rack every three or so seconds.

Which would be unbelievably broken. Run up to someone, machine gun them then keep shooting with an already high DPM.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:34 pm

hawkeye92 wrote:If I remember correctly, the 122mm on the Kv-1S failed because the forward suspension would collapse from the weight or the gun firing or something.

Also I think there was a british autoloading smallish gun like a six pounder or something that had a hopper that could be filled while the gun was operating. So in effect you'd have an autoloader that doesn't have 'clips', but instead loads another shell into the rack every three or so seconds.

Which would be unbelievably broken. Run up to someone, machine gun them then keep shooting with an already high DPM.
I have a vague feeling that might already be in the game, on the AT-7 as its stock gun. It's an autoloader 6-Pdr. Just like any other in game though, given WG makes all autoloaders the same. I remember Listy mentioning it as that before, I'll go check with him.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:03 pm

FTR wrote:- the D-83 gun is not planned for World of Tanks (SS: Soviet experimental gun projected for IS-3, if I recall correctly with like 380mm pen)
Oh thank god.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/10/23/23-10-2013/
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Also, this:

Hey, Vergil, what's Junkers' stream schedule like? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:50 pm

RoboRed wrote:Also, this:

Hey, Vergil, what's Junkers' stream schedule like? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Got to say, that review is pretty terrible. Poorly edited, there's about a minute of some guy with a cold browsing through tankopedia not explaining what the hell is going on, he clearly has a bad cold and is coughing and spluttering all the time. then most of the video is just ranting with little focus on each tank. He says tanks are good and bad but for a fifty minute video there's surprisingly little depth.
Also, multi minute rant about why the sexton II is crap by comparing the crew loadouts of every single British SPG and saying 'NOPE'. That got stale extremely quickly when simply saying that it's crew doesn't have a similar loadout to other British SPG crews would have been perfectly fine.
He also hates the TOG just because it's slow and it extremely confident that it's terrible, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary (my 59% WR with well over a hundred games says hi). then there are the random pauses where you wonder if youtube has crashed, but he's just stopped talking for ages.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:51 pm

RoboRed wrote:
FTR wrote:- the D-83 gun is not planned for World of Tanks (SS: Soviet experimental gun projected for IS-3, if I recall correctly with like 380mm pen)
Oh thank god.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/10/23/23-10-2013/
*checks the internet*
I don't think it had that much. I couldn't find the values for this gun, but it turned out to actually be rifled, and it was considered for the T-64. It was discarded in favor of the 125mm smoothbore, so it probably had less penetration. And the 125mm APDS rounds from the 60's had less than 300mm penetration (the two models that existed then had steel cores and penetrated about 250 and 280).
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:40 pm

hawkeye92 wrote:
RoboRed wrote:Also, this:

Got to say, that review is pretty terrible. Poorly edited, there's about a minute of some guy with a cold browsing through tankopedia not explaining what the hell is going on, he clearly has a bad cold and is coughing and spluttering all the time. then most of the video is just ranting with little focus on each tank. He says tanks are good and bad but for a fifty minute video there's surprisingly little depth.
Also, multi minute rant about why the sexton II is crap by comparing the crew loadouts of every single British SPG and saying 'NOPE'. That got stale extremely quickly when simply saying that it's crew doesn't have a similar loadout to other British SPG crews would have been perfectly fine.
He also hates the TOG just because it's slow and it extremely confident that it's terrible, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary (my 59% WR with well over a hundred games says hi). then there are the random pauses where you wonder if youtube has crashed, but he's just stopped talking for ages.
It's like that because he just uploaded it straight from his stream (he was asked on the spot to go over them) and he's been pretty sick for about a week. He hates on the Sexton because he believes that premium tanks above all are crew trainers, which makes one with a mismatch when compared to the standard line useless. As for the tog...he hates slow stuff. If you straight ask him, he'll also say the T95 is terrible even though both he and I have around a 60% WR in it.

Honestly Robo his schedule is pretty random at the moment as two of his coworkers got fired and he has to cover.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:32 pm

To judge tanks simply as a crew trainer is a very short sighted and narrow aspect. Crew training and extra credits are bonuses to premium tanks. The real worth is in how fun it is to drive.

Sexton I however (Sexton II is the researchable one) is a pile of rubbish as a premium. It's identical to the tree one (literally, aside from a couple of unnoticable changes in the stats it is the same tank) which in itself is already awful.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:39 pm

And yet oddly enough, it statistically performs the best out of its tier 3 brethren.

Although the overall number of recorded battles is lower.

Vergil wrote:
Honestly Robo his schedule is pretty random at the moment as two of his coworkers got fired and he has to cover.
Ouch.

Last edited by RoboRed on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Fuzzy wrote:To judge tanks simply as a crew trainer is a very short sighted and narrow aspect. Crew training and extra credits are bonuses to premium tanks. The real worth is in how fun it is to drive.

Sexton I however (Sexton II is the researchable one) is a pile of rubbish as a premium. It's identical to the tree one (literally, aside from a couple of unnoticable changes in the stats it is the same tank) which in itself is already awful.
I would also wholeheartedly agree the Sexton is a poor premium tank. I was just using it as an example of one reason why I didn't think the video worked as an informative guide.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Seems that the Russians are throwing toy out of the pram over The_Chieftain's new "inside the IS-4" video because he denoted the problems with it in places and mentioned what bits they directly lifted ideas from the Germans on. They are throwing a huge wobbler of INSULTING OUR TANKS AND SAYING AMERICAN AND GERMANZ BETTER.

Of course, apparently not one of them thus far has actually offered any reason as to why. The IS-4 was copied in many ways from German tanks and had major deficencies that characterised the IS series in general. Storm, the "good cop" of the Russian forum working in WG's head office told them to shut it something along the lines of "The tank was sh*t. What to say? Stop trolling."

He's right too. The IS series is just the very blunt knife edge of Russian tank design being brutal, crude and simply overpowering though sheer mass and blunt force. The later ones entering a world that favoured more agile warfare (even in the late 40's) just simply could not keep up in a world starting to favour T-54's and Centurions.

The Russians it seems are still going though, mass invading some mirrors of the video in certain countries and spamming it with remarks about The_Chieftain.

Interesting when the shoes on the other foot, huh? Really puts the generally informative findings of EU based players in perspective for how calmer it is.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm

I know the IS-3 had a particular problem where it would litterally shake itself apart because the quality of welding was so bad at the end of WWII.

Just think- soon there will be server hopping allowed from RU to EU servers. So we'll have to play with these people.
That said, I wonder what would happen if the Chieftain started pointing out flaws in western designs as much as he did here. Although to be fair he didn't really tear it apart that much.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:48 pm

hawkeye92 wrote:Just think- soon there will be server hopping allowed from RU to EU servers. So we'll have to play with these people.
I'm so sorry...
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:36 am

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:06 pm

I do like the RNG no comments videos. That was just the thing after losing a £170 spaceship in EVE.

On that note I probably won't be playing tanks as much for the next couple of months. I'll be furiously ratting to buy another corporate jump freighter instead.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Ouch.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 25 1400486_444547498982457_907716166_o
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next