Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Ketchup
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Meleagridis
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Frost
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
Aonee
20 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:14 am

Craig is his fellow hellspawn, no doubt
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:04 am

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:...I keep having to tell my brain that you're the same person. I mean, I know that it's just an avatar, but "Swicked" in my head has next to it a picture of a... pleased-looking LMR. Happy, colorful Trixie is quite the change. :)
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Wonder01
...err... what would you say if I were to admit I HAD been working on a bit darker of an avatar image?
"Of course"? :)

swicked wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Sweetdreams2

...yeah, not AS dark, to be sure, but I'd put a lot of thought into what the avatar should mean (well, to me, at least). I mostly started using the current avatar because... well, Trixie! X)

I guess I'll put a little more thought into... whatever it is I'm doing here :P
Hey, it's your avatar; your choice what to make it. I'm just used to seeing GRIMDARK SWICKED, and the change is going to take a bit of time to get used to. Not a problem.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:42 am

If you like your women to be smoking hot,

you may want to have a fire extinguisher at the ready.

alternate punchline(s) :

you may want to wear asbestos condoms
you may want to become friend with the firemen
you may want to invest in gasoline
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:57 am

You may want to turn up the oven
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Any headcanons on what happened to the children that Red Eye was raising? I've currently got them splitting in relatively even thirds to the Children of the Cathedral, the NCR/Followers of the Apocalypse, and the Rose Banner (the last faction being pretty much 100% Hindsbrain headcanon).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:46 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Any headcanons on what happened to the children that Red Eye was raising? I've currently got them splitting in relatively even thirds to the Children of the Cathedral, the NCR/Followers of the Apocalypse, and the Rose Banner (the last faction being pretty much 100% Hindsbrain headcanon).
I've got one of them roaming around, trying to figure out what to make of his life and figure out his place in the emergent civilization and society. Not the main character, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:42 pm

@Red Eye Children:
Honestly, I've got a bit of a darker turn on them.
After Red Eye died, riots ended in many of them dying when angry slaves (mostly the ex-raiders) took out their frustration and hatred on the children because they were treated so well. Some were captured or enslaved by the suddenly leaderless slavers who used to work for Red Eye, but others were kept safe by either hiding or being lucky enough to be found by someone who wanted to protect them.

The ones who weren't enslaved or killed ended up in families of escaped slaves who cared for them, but that was very VERY few of the children.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:53 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Any headcanons on what happened to the children that Red Eye was raising? I've currently got them splitting in relatively even thirds to the Children of the Cathedral, the NCR/Followers of the Apocalypse, and the Rose Banner (the last faction being pretty much 100% Hindsbrain headcanon).
Let's see if I can still find... got it. Ilaris, you are a pain to locate.

Maybe it isn't the best specific example, just have to consider that- with the alicorns basically being oversized hall monitors -those kids would be one of the few to have any problems with wing/horn presence. Following disaster, they might run to whatever is familiar. Like a wing of alicorns.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:57 pm

swicked wrote:@Hinds
How wide should the .gif be to not be too wide for your screen?
Now that I've made it once, I think I've figured out how to make it much faster a second time.
Please give the width in pixels, too.
You don't have to put yourself out for me. If you want the information, though, I expect that you ought be able to extract all you need from this screenshot.
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Aye, yes, I hadn't thought of the Children of the Cathedral... Fillydelphia fell into civil war, but the Cathedral itself, there still remained people, the vast majority of them more loyal to Red Eye himself and his ideals than the Fillydelphia's slavers were to bottlecaps and raw power over their fellow ponies.

I guess they would still roam the wasteland, trying to keep a low profile while at the same time trying to keep the Faith alive - Red Eye at this point (thirty years after Littlepip ruining his shit) having acquired the status of Divinity in their eyes.

As for the statistics of where would have Red Eye's kids gone after the fall of his Empire...

I'd say a third died in circumstances surrounding the fall of said empire, of the remaining two third, a third joining the CotC (Children of the Cathedral) or being raised / indoctrinated by them, a third joining the NCR / The Followers of the Apocalypse (mostly the Followers I would guess), and the rest going their (not so in most cases) merry ways.

What's the Rose banner, in your head-mounted kinetic projectile actuator device, Hinds ?

--------

Unrelated :

Anyone remember what happened to all the memory orbs which were stored under Shattered Hoof after Littlepip defeated the Dragon who was living there ? I seem to remember she traded them to Gawdyna (though I don't remember for what). Is my memory correct ?

Because that would effectively be a great tool to explain how the young NCR could have relatively easily found a number of weapon caches or things like that, and how to this day it would still have a number of informations regarding sensitive Pre-Apocalypse topics, like Ministry Affairs and other conspiracies.

--------

Headcanon dump :

- In 30 A.S, Shattered Hoof - officially "New Canterlot", but that's only for the official documents, most people call it "Shatty" or "Shathoof" (which by the way leads people to make a number of... tasteless jokes about the city), is the most populated city of the NCR, with around 50,000 inhabitants, 1/3 of them being griffins, the two other thirds being mostly ponies (45% earth ponies, 35% unicorns, 20% pegasi), and a few other minority species. It's to be noted that almost a third of the NCR's pegasi population lives in New Canterlot, the rest of them being concentrated in the other major population centers of the Republic, as the "countryside" is still quite bigoted against them.

- Due to their high fertility rate, the griffins nowaday represent almost a fifth of the NCR's population. This is leading to growing racial tensions in the Republic.

- Without conscious concerted effort on their sides, the Unicorns are currently on their way to turn Manehatten into their own "Canterlot", half of the city's population being made of unicorns, and the city's economy being mostly turned toward the Arcane Sciences and their practical applications (New Canterlot / Shattered Hoof supply the magical gems, the Twilight Society use them to build arcano-technological devices like neo-pipbucks).

- The NCR's army has quickly understood the practical interest of Pipbucks in combat-related situations. In order to emulate its effects, One in Five soldiers are equipped with neo-pipbucks, crude arcano-technological devices conceived by the Twilight Society and the Applejack Rangers by retro-engineering genuine Stable-Tec-built Pipbucks. Their principal features are the following :
=> Crude Eye-Forward-Sparkle spell matrix (limited range and sensibility, but good enough for most situations a soldier will encounter)
=> A radio transceiver (up- and down-link with the chain of command) with some limited signal encryption capabilities.
=> An "auto-scout", a spell which automatically create a crude map of the wearer's surroundings and can be linked to a larger cartographic database - the NCR use it to slowly bu surely build an accurate map of the Wasteland. In the right conditions it can be used as a GPS, though it is not really accurate.
The tremendous advantage offered by these devices and their wide availability to the troops is offset by the fact that they are built on the cheap and unreliable. Still, when they function, they can make a well trained NCR force a fearsome enemy to most forces in the Wasteland.

- Originally, the NCR's armed forces were trained by ex-talon Mercenaries and Applejack Rangers. This led to a tradition of divinding the forces into the "Feather Force" and the "Hoof Force", the former being specialized in quick operations focusing on shock tactics, making them primarily used for recon & special operations, and in offering aerial support to the troops ; and the latter focusing more on the strategies and tactics behind the use of raw firepower, making them the "primary" force of the NCR's army.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Let's see if I can still find... got it. Ilaris, you are a pain to locate.
Oh, neat; I hadn't seen that. Thanks.

Meleagridis wrote:Maybe it isn't the best specific example, just have to consider that- with the alicorns basically being oversized hall monitors -those kids would be one of the few to have any problems with wing/horn presence. Following disaster, they might run to whatever is familiar. Like a wing of alicorns.
Oh, good point. A four-way split, then.

CamoBadger wrote:@Red Eye Children:
Honestly, I've got a bit of a darker turn on them.
After Red Eye died, riots ended in many of them dying when angry slaves (mostly the ex-raiders) took out their frustration and hatred on the children because they were treated so well. Some were captured or enslaved by the suddenly leaderless slavers who used to work for Red Eye, but others were kept safe by either hiding or being lucky enough to be found by someone who wanted to protect them.

The ones who weren't enslaved or killed ended up in families of escaped slaves who cared for them, but that was very VERY few of the children.
Well, I think you may have forgotten the children at the Cathedral (if not, please explain what you think happened to them), who I'm assuming almost entirely went to the Children of the Cathedral.

As for those in Fillydelphia... Yeah, it doesn't look good. In canon, some of them probably made it to fighters aligned with the future NCR, but there were probably heavy casualties. As much as the old ones would try to protect the younger ones, against raiders...
In my headcanon things are slightly different, since Rose Eye (name still slightly in flux) is there protecting the children and alternately rallying and killing former followers of Red Eye.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:10 pm

@Harmony Ltd:
I need to go to lunch now, but I definitely want to reply to that. Partial reply:
"Anyone remember what happened to all the memory orbs which were stored under Shattered Hoof after Littlepip defeated the Dragon who was living there ? I seem to remember she traded them to Gawdyna (though I don't remember for what). Is my memory correct ?

Because that would effectively be a great tool to explain how the young NCR could have relatively easily found a number of weapon caches or things like that, and how to this day it would still have a number of informations regarding sensitive Pre-Apocalypse topics, like Ministry Affairs and other conspiracies."
It agrees with my memory there (and the trade was for Junction R7), and, IIRC, that usefulness was actually mentioned in FoE.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:19 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Well, I think you may have forgotten the children at the Cathedral (if not, please explain what you think happened to them), who I'm assuming almost entirely went to the Children of the Cathedral.

As for those in Fillydelphia... Yeah, it doesn't look good. In canon, some of them probably made it to fighters aligned with the future NCR, but there were probably heavy casualties. As much as the old ones would try to protect the younger ones, against raiders...
In my headcanon things are slightly different, since Rose Eye (name still slightly in flux) is there protecting the children and alternately rallying and killing former followers of Red Eye.
Yeah, I didn't even know there were children at the Cathedral. And I forgot that Children of the Cathedral even existed (I haven't read the story in over a year now).
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:33 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

Yeah, I didn't even know there were children at the Cathedral. And I forgot that Children of the Cathedral even existed (I haven't read the story in over a year now).
Kkat wrote:I led them into a side hall that connected the chapel to the Cathedral’s school and nursery wing.  Through open doors on either side of us, we could see the workrooms where the Disciples of the New Unity were creating schoolbooks and educational materials for the new schools that Red Eye intended to establish all across Equestria.  The rooms reminded me severely of the Ministry of Image.  

The doors to the school wing opened, several robed ponies herding a gaggle of colts and fillies, most of whom sounded more excited than frightened.  Several of the children, I saw with sick alarm, were wearing alicorn costumes.

“But we wanna see the battle!” one little colt protested.  “We wanna see the good guys win!”

“We already know Red Eye will win,” the adult intoned.  “It has been ordained.  Now move along.  Red Eye wants you all safe in the shelter.”  Another of the adult ponies was opening a side door leading to descending stone steps.  That was the door we wanted.  That should take us down to... cybersurgery?  No, no, that was sublevel… two, I thought.  What was sublevel one?

The colt whined.  “We knoooow it’s ordated.  But we wanna seeeee it!”

“Down that way,” I told Reggie.  “As soon as the children are through.”

Kkat wrote:However, I have it on good authority that the Applejack’s Rangers have taken up a project t’ convert much of the forest’s area t’ farmland, pending negotiations with the Children of the Cathedral, a relatively non-hostile band of Red Eye remnants who have made their home in the wreckage of the Thunderhead Overcast.
Happy to help!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:36 pm

And so my headcanon burns into dust.

*cries self to sleep*
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Witchcraft!:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Headcanon dump (continued - I had a power shortage while editing my previous post and had to go to dinner after it was solved) :

- Most of the NCR's population (~ 80%) lives in rural area, though most of them live in relatively large communities (by wasteland standard) of around 500 people. That is an heritage of the war against the Enclave, as the populations needed to regroup in order to better protect themselves against attacks. These communities work the surrounding land, the NCR's economy being still mostly based on agriculture, the central government subsidizing the farmers production (the central government being the one to mint the NCR bits, this is a plan to jumpstart a private economy by injecting currency into the system).

- The NCR Bits : The administration of the NCR Bit is directed by the Currency Office of the Department of Economy. A few words on the Bits themselves : each bit is magically enchanted in such a way that an easily learnt identification spell can without any doubt identify a true Bit from a counterfeited one. Moreover, the magical imprint that give its "value" to the Bit and differentiate it from a vulgar piece of metal like bottlecaps has variations which make it unique and different from every other bits (like a fingerprint), these fingerprints being stored into an arcane database. What's more, the fingerprint spell is cast in such a way that the Arcane Database can, at every moment, tell the exact location of each and every one of the bits it has registered. Said database regularly keeps track of the bits movements - a feature loved by the Tax Office and the Department of Internal Affairs alike.
Effectively, this makes it next to impossible for criminals to steal bits and get away with it. Under certain conditions, it also allow to follow specific individuals around. A side-effect of this is that the NCR can easily know which foreign powers keep reserve of its currency, in which numbers, and where.
It goes without saying that the exact nature and geographical location of this Arcane Database is among one of the most closely kept secret of the Republic, these informations being Presidential Secrets. All the general public knows is that the Twilight Society has a hoof in that pie, something the TS neither deny nor confirm.
It also goes without saying that there's a lot of research being led in some circles on ways to mislead the Arcane Database's tracking function - it's relatively easy for people to mask the tracking signal outright, but this practice is frowned upon by the Currency Office and the Department of Internal Affairs and will quickly lead to investigations.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Scootaloo
You have got to be fucking kidding me: http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/04/westboro-baptist-church-will-picket-boston-bomb-funerals/

*sigh*...I guess it should be expected by now...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:59 pm

WBC : Professional Trolls
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:12 pm

RoboRed wrote: Scootaloo
You have got to be fucking kidding me: http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/04/westboro-baptist-church-will-picket-boston-bomb-funerals/

I saw this on my Facebook the other day, it actually made me laugh. Yes, I know I should feel bad, but it's too absurd. It's like when they gave Punxsutawney Phil the death penalty.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:14 pm

O. Hinds wrote:It agrees with my memory there (and the trade was for Junction R7), and, IIRC, that usefulness was actually mentioned in FoE.
The way I see it, Junction-7 (now known as "Junction City", "Junction", or sometimes "The Hub") has become the headquarter of the Followers of the Apocalypse, and the city thrives on the fact that it is a major trading hub at the center of the NCR, being on the road between Manehatten in the West, New Centerlot (that's not a typo, some people are beginning to call it that) a few miles up North, New Appleloosa / Ponyville / the Cathedral / the Canterlot Ruins and Zebratown in the East, and New Appleloosa and Fillydelphia / "Junktown" in the South.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:17 pm

By the way, given the geographical distances involved, Fillydelphia is considered as a "frontier" town by the authorities of the NCR, and Junktown (that scavenger town) is mostly a colony / protectorate, under direct military control.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:23 pm

RoboRed wrote: Scootaloo

Why am I not surprised?

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get plenty of time to have fun with them in hell, and they're already blacklisted from my cold-water-smuggling ring.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:27 pm

I like my personal theory that the WBC is fully aware of what they are doing, and are doing it specifically to give everyone a common enemy to unite against and therefore further what they protest.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:33 pm

While New Canterlot is the political center of the Republic and the heart of its gem-mining activities [*], Junction City is quickly becoming its trading & manufacturing heart.

Given how close the two cities are to each other ( http://reese8.deviantart.com/art/Hinds-Equestria-map-v1-10-290393232 => aroound 10 kilometers apart), and how quickly their population numbers and horizontal spread grows, it is a fairly safe bet that in roughly fifty years (by 80 A.S) they will form a single, continuous urban unit.

As of now, they are in some awkward form of both being partners and rivals in the nascent economy of the Republic.

[*] : at roughly equal part with Shattered Hoof / New Canterlot, Maripony is the other major gem-mining center in the Republic, though it being an Hellhound enclave the Republic prefer not to rely too much on it, as it is wary of the possibility of the Hellhounds breaking their ties with the Republic.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:42 pm

@ Hinds :

What's your headcanon about Geneighva and Freidrichsorfen ? Do they come from a side-story ? What do the mountains they're surrounded by look like ? And what about that giant lake ?

I may want to exploit them in one of my stories so I need to know if they already have an existing background.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Unrelated :

http://derpiboo.ru/300216
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:03 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Motivatored29ff83d7977b76c508718d3d31058c9c29375f
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:[*] : at roughly equal part with Shattered Hoof / New Canterlot, Maripony is the other major gem-mining center in the Republic, though it being an Hellhound enclave the Republic prefer not to rely too much on it, as it is wary of the possibility of the Hellhounds breaking their ties with the Republic.
On the other hand, the economic wealth coming from the exploitation of gems in the Maripony area is giving the Hellhounds un-precendented leverage in the Republic's political institutions, which they are using to further their agenda of gaining more autonomy while keeping the full benefit of being a member state of the NCR.

Currently, they are a semi-autonomous polity, with their own code of law regarding internal affairs. Being officially a member state of the NCR, they don't officially have a foreign policy of their own. This doesn't stop them from trading a portion of their production to foreign powers without going through the Department of Trade - a business the Capital is aware of but turn a blind eye to as they see it as a way to keep the peace with both the Hellhounds and the powers in question.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 pm

So in unrelated news the Dishonored DLC is out, which I have gotten and played.

As per the trend with that game. The missions and DLC is very short. Only about 4 hours of gameplay per play-through. However, each mission is rich in depth and ways to solve to the point where I would say you need at least four play-troughs to exhaust all the options and even more to exhaust the replayability.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next