Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Downloaded Skill
Derpmind
Moodyman90
Overthepacific
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
WovenTales
Quotidian
Stringtheory
Ketchup
_Sindri
Valikdu
CamoBadger
Kippershy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Frost
Sindri
RoboRed
Ironmonger
Harmony Ltd.
27 posters

Page 7 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Kim
Last person I know who was in contact with her was Swicked, and that was a long time ago. Real life stuff to deal with and all.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:05 pm

On the plus side, this RP I've been in has really improved my skills with resourcefulness and outside-the-box thinking.

On the down side, this has most recently manifested itself as: "Hhhm. There are corpses lying around, still bloody and warm. Good thing that guy I met two months ago and who's house I am near is a necrophilliac! Loot for the loot God! Gold for the gold throne!"

Last edited by Mister Frost on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Fucking hotmail.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 7 Adam-j10
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Kippershy wrote:Fucking hotmail.
*snip*
so that's a bad 'fuck'?
anyway, I don't see why anyone uses hotmail anymore, gmail's just so much better, at least in my opinion
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 pm

My hotmail account is eight years old.
I use it out of habit and because it's just easy.

Now it's been forcibly "upgraded" to outlook despite the fact that the outlook swap was supposed to be something you either willingly signed up for or didn't.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:38 pm

Valikdu wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 7 I_am_the_swarm_by_beavernator-d5x4t4w
Fuckin' awesome!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:40 pm

Kippershy wrote:My hotmail account is eight years old.
I use it out of habit and because it's just easy.

Now it's been forcibly "upgraded" to outlook despite the fact that the outlook swap was supposed to be something you either willingly signed up for or didn't.
I had a hotmail account for my first email...now looking back on it, it sucked, right now gmail is very good with awesome spam filtering (from what I've heard, though I don't get any spam), conversation view, and general google polish, though occasionally you get the unavoidable layout change like youtube, sometimes good, usually annoying
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:23 am

I've always had good luck with my AOL account. Had it for almost a decade, no point to stop using it as my main. But I switched to Gmail for forums, so far it's worked wonders. Not too happy about all the Google implementation, trying to cross it over with everything. Gets a little annoying when you have more than one account.

Actually, come to think of it, I had a Yahoo account once. Let's see how that's doing... 40,459 unread emails... Twilight crazy
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:32 am

stringtheory wrote:
*snip*
so that's a bad 'fuck'?

Apparently, he never asked for hotmail.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 am

Valikdu wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
*snip*
so that's a bad 'fuck'?

Apparently, he never asked for hotmail.

Close.
They forcibly changed me from Hotmail to Outlook, despite the fact I never asked for it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 7 Empty Nothing to see here.

Post by Meleagridis Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:10 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 7 Tumblr_m59t5lcC3I1r0gcd4

Last edited by Meleagridis on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Move along)
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Friendship Never Changes- Nothing to do with ponies:
The link appears to be broken.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:59 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:
Friendship Never Changes- Nothing to do with ponies:
The link appears to be broken.

because he has no clue what the hell he's doing with BBcode, not that he even needs to use it on this site.

http://annamariajung.com
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Here, Mel. I don't know which picture you wanted to show us, but take this format, eh?

[ url=URL link here][ img=Image link here][ /url]

Alternatively, just use the little icons above the text box and they'll do all the work for you.
Links don't need to be messed with because they'll automatically react on this site and images, three boxes to the left from the smiley and you just paste the URL in the box that comes up to make it easy.
No fuss that way.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 pm

MUSIC GAME
Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Currently downloading my digital copy of the latest Mindless Self Indulgence album.

Dis gun be gud.

I'll play your game once the download is finished, Robo.

I'll play your game...

In the meantime :

Lyrics:

Could make for an interesting duo of characters in a FoE story, thinking of it...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:41 pm

So, kids, remember to look at something after you edit it! Slammed a url into the wrong spot and... bah, have some no-pony Fallout friendship.

Friendship never changes- Fixed:
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:42 pm

@ Robo :

I get a vibe that this should be something about the Enclave.

Given the theme of the song, I'd say this should play while a character look at Enclave's officers / operatives preparing / discussing some sinister plot / operation, while remaining unseen - could even be a recording, it would add to the sinister atmosphere if it was "playing" (the scene of the character looking at the recording) after the plot / operation in question took place.

So, if we have to link it with the actual story, maybe something about Lighthooves ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Randomness :

http://derpiboo.ru/270563
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Well, there seems to be a lull in conversation... thoughts on the new Pope Francis?

On one hoof he seems to take his oaths of poverty and humility seriously, his name choice is supposedly symbolic of a plan to "rebuild the church," and he's said a lot about support and protection for, the poor, the sick, the old, and children. He refused to have new robes purchased when his predecessor's could be altered to fit him more cheaply, refused a limo in favor of taking the bus, chose to live in an apartment instead of a palace, and recently washed the feet of AIDS victims and recovering drug addicts.

On the other, when he talks about protecting children he seems to be referring less to all the molestation scandals in the Vatican and more to adoption by loving parents, referred to a (successful) bill to legalize gay marriage in Argentina as "a destructive proposal to God's plan... a move by the father of lies that seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God," and has been quite outspoken against women's rights and contraception.

No word yet regarding his stance on ponies.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Randomness :

http://derpiboo.ru/270563

You don't argue with Slendie anyway, but you DEFINITELY don't argue with him there.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:05 pm

My thought on the Pope : It's a Pope.

As such, as wonderful a human being he might be, he is still the leader of roughly 2000-years-old institution, with a LOOOOOOT of institutional inertia, and I doubt even the Saint we are told he is will be able to do much to change the fact that the Catholic Church hold Prime responsibility in :

- Fighting against the use of condoms in AIDS-riddled Africa
- Fighting against birth-control in the Phillippines and Nigeria (look into the demographics of these countries and tell me what you think...)
- Promoting and enforcing where it can a number of social norms which are actually destructive toward a great number of people's lives (gender-roles & sexuality among the ones I can think of on the top of my head).
- Protecting criminals for the reason they wear the religious uniform or have made arrangements with the Church.
- and other unsavory things I can't think about right now or just don't know.

The Catholic Church is an institution which is roughly 2000 years old, and has around 1 billion affiliated members.

I doubt only one man will be able to do much.

He may show the way, and ease minds into a transition to something else (though I very much doubt something like that is in his intentions), but even the best of intentions can only go so far when confronted against such odds.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:06 pm

Sindri wrote:Well, there seems to be a lull in conversation... thoughts on the new Pope Francis?
Like most of my thoughts on the Catholic church, any opinion I have on the new Pope is tinged with "Really? Those assholes are still around?"

Still, a world religious leader who seriously confronts poverty? That's great. And honestly, I didn't expect them to elect a Pope who was cool with teh gheyz.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:30 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I doubt only one man will be able to do much.
That's just the thing, the Catholic Church is set up so that one sentence from one man can change everything. John Paul II pardoned Galileo and flat out said that evolution was probably true, and recognized an apologized for hundreds of atrocities by the Church in the past.

And the whole 'Catholic = homophobic' stereotype isn't true; according to Quinnipiac 54% of American Catholics support gay marriage versus only 47% of Americans overall. And Argentina, where Francis came from, legalized gay marriage three years ago with an overwhelmingly Catholic population.

So even if a new Pope couldn't instantaneously reverse the opinions of a sixth of the planet, he could make huge changes. Instead he seems to be going in the exact opposite direction. I never really expected someone to be elected who would declare gay marriage to be okay on his first day in office, but baldly calling it the work of the devil is... disheartening in a man expected to lead 1.2 billion people.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:41 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:

Lyrics:

Could make for an interesting duo of characters in a FoE story, thinking of it...

Idea :

A duo of unicorn mares. Currently working in a bar/bordello, selling themselves to the house's clients. Why are they there ?

Well, see, the Wasteland is a cruel place. You have to do things in order to survive. Terrible things. These two mares ? They were part of a gang.

Both are quite proficient in the use of magic, though for different reasons :

- One grew in a community born from a "surfaced" Stable (read : the Stable itself is non-functional so they live on the surface) which held MAS laboratories, whose inhabitants (almost exclusively unicorns) are more trained in magic than the vast majority of Wastelanders.
- The other was born in your typical Wasteland trading city, with its share of gangs and families. She was born gifted and curious, and read every book she came across. But soon enough her father, her only remaining parent, died, and she was forced to join a gang in order to earn her living.

Both encountered each other when one's gang attacked the other's community. Of course, raiders don't hold much chance against a whole community of trained magic-users, and the whole group was killed, except for her. The gang-mare was "only" severely wounded. Oh, normally you'd think they would have left her to die... After all, the Wasteland is a cruel place, isn't it ? Well, the thing is that that Stable-community, if not exactly forgiving, had in its values to try to redeem efore destroying (the rest of the group was killed before they ignored the communities repeated warnings to surrender, with only the gang-mare surrendering before being killed).

So, the badly wounded gang-mare after being taken care off, was to do community service, in repayment for her participation in the attack and the cares she received. Grateful to still be alive, and seeing the quality of the cares she received, she complied.

She was supervised by the stable-mare.

After some initial frictions, they quickly became friends, and then more than friends.

This could have been the end of the story, however the Wasteland wouldn't let such a thing happen.

A year or two after the original attack the gang-mare participated in, another gang attacked. And this time, those ones meant business.

Their initial attack was devastating. But they weren't there to destroy the place. No. They knew it produced some of the most well-trained magic casters in the wastes. What they wanted was to make profit out of that.

Holding the town hostage, the demanded that members of the community where to be regularly surrendered to them as slaves, or the whole community would be razed. But not any slave would do. They had to be well trained magic casters.

Finally, the two mares volunteered. And thus they were taken away.

They were sold to a local trade baron, as "bodyguards". He was quite pleased with their service, and started to ask for more of the same.

So the slavers asked for more slaves from that community. They gave up a few more people. But quickly they rebelled - they weren't that numerous, and the slavers where starting to bleed them dry of their own workforces, friends and families.

This was the week that town ceased to exist.

It was a slaughter, in every meanings of the word. The losses where heavy on both sides, but in the end the Slavers prevailed through sheer ruthlessness, first subjecting the whole place to heavy artillery fire coming from artillery pieces they had somehow acquired, and then gassing the remnants of the community who had taken refuge in the old, non-functionnal Stable (think Vault 15 from Fallout 1 & 2).

The story could have ended there, but it somehow managed to get worse. Internal machinations in his organization made it so that the Trade Baron who hired the two mares got overthrown. As his personal bodyguards, they should have protected him (and died in the process), but they traded their freedom for their non-involvement in the situation.

So they where at last free. But where nowhere to go, and no money to call their own.

Currently, they are trying to raise some funds in order to leave the town. But their current employer turns more and more into an -owner-...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Sindri wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:I doubt only one man will be able to do much.
That's just the thing, the Catholic Church is set up so that one sentence from one man can change everything. John Paul II pardoned Galileo and flat out said that evolution was probably true, and recognized an apologized for hundreds of atrocities by the Church in the past.

And the whole 'Catholic = homophobic' stereotype isn't true; according to Quinnipiac 54% of American Catholics support gay marriage versus only 47% of Americans overall. And Argentina, where Francis came from, legalized gay marriage three years ago with an overwhelmingly Catholic population.

So even if a new Pope couldn't instantaneously reverse the opinions of a sixth of the planet, he could make huge changes. Instead he seems to be going in the exact opposite direction. I never really expected someone to be elected who would declare gay marriage to be okay on his first day in office, but baldly calling it the work of the devil is... disheartening in a man expected to lead 1.2 billion people.
No disagreement here. But, in the end, given I have no voice in the matter anyway (not being affiliated to the Catholic Church), I'll gladly take a Pope who does something against poverty and misery, against one who will just be happy with keeping the Church in one piece.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Now I'm wondering about that idea for a community of Unicorns, and having further ideas about those two mares...

Man, I don't have time to write a story but if this continue I may have to do it just to get that shit out of my head...

You know what's the most infuriating thing ?

I never know if I should write things in French (because Linguistic Patriotism Coo ), or in English (because that's the language who would speak my readers anyway). How

With the fact my English isn't THAT good...

Applejacks
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Now I'm wondering about that idea for a community of Unicorns...

Man, I don't have time to write a story but if this continue I may have to do it just to get that shit out of my head...

You know what's the most infuriating thing ?

I never know if I should write things in French (because Linguistic Patriotism Coo ), or in English (because that's the language who would speak my readers anyway). How

With the fact my English isn't THAt good...

Applejacks
you seem fine enough around here...
plus someone can always pre-read for you
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Which bring us back to square one : time (& motivation)

I have lots of ideas. LOTS.

But having ideas and writing a story are two very different things.

I could talk to you about that Sci-Fi setting I have imagined for a long time ; But I have yet to produce a single chapter worth of content set in it - for now I barely have a few pages of incoherent scribbles.

Just ask Ironmonger & Mister Frost about the sheer quantity of fluff I helped them produce for their own story.

My point is... I just have to rant because I want to tell stories but for all the advices I give to people about how to tell their owns, I don't have any idea how to write mines.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Which bring us back to square one : time (& motivation)

I have lots of ideas. LOTS.

But having ideas and writing a story are two very different things.

I could talk to you about that Sci-Fi setting I have imagined for a long time ; But I have yet to produce a single chapter worth of content set in it - for now I barely have a few pages of incoherent scribbles.

Just ask Ironmonger & Mister Frost about the sheer quantity of fluff I helped them produce for their own story.

My point is... I just have to rant because I want to tell stories but for all the advices I give to people about how to tell their owns, I don't have any idea how to write mines.
eh, I'm kinda the same way except even more lazy
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next