Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of Legends

+10
Tytan
MrMagma
Admiral Stoic Rum
Moodyman90
TalixZero
Ironmonger
Aonee
RoboRed
Harold_Genhi
CamoBadger
14 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

League of Legends - Page 3 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by Aonee Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Yea, I can understand the lack of escapes, but a lot of the times whenever someone dives me I can kill them first. And then the rest of their team as well. Its fun to completely shred tanks with 3k+ health pools.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:13 am

Today, I did well enough on Thresh that the enemy team complimented me. A good day. (And my ADC had 700 ping and still had seven kills before we took their tower... on Vayne. She also was a fan.)

Had tons of fun playing with all you guys, by the way. Sorry, again, for being punishing on Vayne, Iron. I shoulda let you farm up, at the very least; I'm bad at not doing tryhard mode in video games, but FFS I had masteries and runes and experience. I shouldn't have made botlane hell. Experiences like that aren't even learning experiences; you don't learn anything from being zoned, other than that it sucks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:05 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Today, I did well enough on Thresh that the enemy team complimented me. A good day. (And my ADC had 700 ping and still had seven kills before we took their tower... on Vayne. She also was a fan.)

Had tons of fun playing with all you guys, by the way. Sorry, again, for being punishing on Vayne, Iron. I shoulda let you farm up, at the very least; I'm bad at not doing tryhard mode in video games, but FFS I had masteries and runes and experience. I shouldn't have made botlane hell. Experiences like that aren't even learning experiences; you don't learn anything from being zoned, other than that it sucks.
I wasn't mad or upset even if I sounded like it, that's just how I react to stressful situations in video games. Also, I did learn two things from that: 1) Soloing Vayne is a bad idea, and 2) I should never try to take an assassin even if that's not the enemy's primary role. I got to see how the character is in a fight, it gave me valuable data.

So, yeah, no worries. Rainbow Dash  Also, I have Twitch now. Crazy 

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:35 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Today, I did well enough on Thresh that the enemy team complimented me. A good day. (And my ADC had 700 ping and still had seven kills before we took their tower... on Vayne. She also was a fan.)

I wasn't mad or upset even if I sounded like it, that's just how I react to stressful situations in video games. Also, I did learn two things from that: 1) Soloing Vayne is a bad idea, and 2) I should never try to take an assassin even if that's not the enemy's primary role. I got to see how the character is in a fight, it gave me valuable data.

So, yeah, no worries. Rainbow Dash  Also, I have Twitch now. Crazy 
Yeah, when Vayne has her ult up, she becomes very dangerous one on one. When she has a blade of the ruined king, though... well, there's a reason they nerfed it, and she's it. Her synergy with that item is obscene. Slow an enemy with it -> Q reposition -> condemn into wall -> kill. I learned ADC on her, more or less, back before that item came out. Fun fact: she used to be weak. You needed TWO items to get into a power position.

(Theorycrafting: my old build order used to be trying to get a bloodthirster and a zeal before lane ended. Compared to just needing a BotRK, you needed an extra 1k or so gold [whatever the cost of Zeal was] AND you had to reach the 1.6k gold mark in one back, to get a Best Friend sword - which was really hard. Comparatively, BotRK has an amazing active, comes out of the gate with stronger lifesteal [though it loses out after a few stacks on BT], and the largest gold chunk you ever need to back with is only 1k. Basically, it meant that you had to REALLY punish Vayne hard to make her unable to build up to that BotRK, whereas in S2 you just had to keep her down enough that she couldn't afford a BF sword without saving up for it over the course of several backs [which then leaves her extremely gimped in lane, 'cos every time YOU back, you get another item, whereas she comes back with what she had before].)

Now, your power with two items WAS stronger than what Vayne with BotRK is, of course, but oftentimes, once you had those two items, the enemy team had 3 or even 4. I still don't think she's OP, but her skillcap is definitely lower, and the skillcap for playing AGAINST her has been raised. And that means your support needs to be good (supports win lanes), which is problematic, because a lot of people don't know how to support properly. Oh, and there were some minor quality of life buffs to her a bit back, too - reduced mana cost on her Q, matching the range on her E with her AA range, stuff like that. They didn't matter much, though.

Anyway, you didn't sound stressed or mad, but I've been in that position before, back when I was learning, and it's not fun. Frankly, the experience of learning the game against people who were way, way more experienced turned me into a very passive laner, something I'm still learning to shake (mostly by playing support - if you don't need to CS, you only need to worry about zoning the enemy! Twilight Sparkle ). Good luck with Twitch!

Oh, and another thing was that neither of us had a support with us, and Vayne is much stronger 1v1 because of her single target damage. Normally, you'd be able to be more aggressive and not have to worry about being zoned so hard because you'd have, say, a Taric to walk vaguely at the enemy Vayne and cause her to run away in fear of being stunned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:20 am

I just finished my first game with Twitch, I owned with him. Well, owned as much as a smurf could. Playing as him feels natural, it's the same case for Ezreal. As long as nothing big n' beefy got too close, and I knew when to retreat, I was fine. He's clearly got the squishiness issue that Miss Fortune does, but he more than makes up for it with the damage he can do. Twitch is a ton of fun to use.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:50 am

Awesome! Glad you've found another champ you click with. (BTW, "smurf" means specifically a secondary account for a player, one that is either lower level or lower rank than their primary account, either because their primary one got banned, or because they want to be facing lower level opponents - sometimes because they're queued with a lower level friend)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:08 am

Twitchy-boy ain't got a strong early game, and he can't jungle that well because of said weakness and his squishiness, but his sheer damage potential is alarming in the late game. Provided the conditions are right, Twitch can actually take out the entire team on his own, and if not he is still a huge threat. He just needs time to ramp up.

On the flip side,Champions like Tristana and Caitlyn give him a hard way to go because they both have strong early games, and Tristana is practically on the same level late-game from what I've read. Regardless, Twitch is still a sneaky git.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Twitchy-boy ain't got a strong early game, and he can't jungle that well because of said weakness and his squishiness, but his sheer damage potential is alarming in the late game. Provided the conditions are right, Twitch can actually take out the entire team on his own, and if not he is still a huge threat. He just needs time to ramp up.

On the flip side,Champions like Tristana and Caitlyn give him a hard way to go because they both have strong early games, and Tristana is practically on the same level late-game from what I've read. Regardless, Twitch is still a sneaky git.
Yeah, jungle Twitch is kinda one of those joke builds. It's doable, with the right runes and masteries, of course, but it's not what you'd call viable. Anyway, I've heard his early is actually pretty strong, because of expunge harass. If you can get a cask and an autoattack or two off on someone, expunge does some serious damage. More of a poke sort of lane, I suppose, but he also can stealth up in a bush (so that the enemy doesn't see him going invisible) and then basically gank his own lane with his support.

And yeah, Tristana has the highest non-buffed range in the game at level 18 (Twitch using his ult and Kog'maw using his steroid get higher). More importantly, she has a 90% attack speed buff. That's some like 1k gold worth of attack speed, for free. Basically, lategame, Tristana may not be doing the most damage to champions (MAYBE - with a full build, she still absolutely explodes people), but her siege power is absurd. She can crush turrets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Also, I'm just gonna put this right here. It's got guides and builds if ya want em: http://solomid.net/

Last edited by Aonee on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:36 pm

That link doesn't go anywhere relevant.

Anyway, I just learned Twitch's limitations first hand. This last game of Co-op vs AI, most of my teammates ended up feeding the bots. Had some slight chaos in the ranks early on, as three of us including myself went bottom (despite calling the position myself). Later, three of my teammates left, and the kill-ratio was 5/29. I was the highest leveled player in the match, and the AI would outright run whenever I started fighting. With a little help from the guy who stuck around, I managed to mostly keep the enemy out of all three entrances of the base. I only died two or three times.

In summary; never take Twitch into a situation unless he has a clear advantage, and never be the first champ in a teammfight.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Sorry about that, fixed the link in the post. And that second bit applies to pretty much all ADCs.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:47 pm

I was not aware of that. Derpy Hooves Or maybe I was. I don't even...
League of Legends - Page 3 Lol_meme___twitch_by_ourempress-d4s2h81

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I was not aware of that. Derpy Hooves Or maybe I was. I don't even...
League of Legends - Page 3 Lol_meme___twitch_by_ourempress-d4s2h81
Was it versus Intermediate or Easy AI? Because if you're clever, you can pretty easily 1v5 a team of easy AI bots on most champions (Graves worked well for me) - it's entertaining. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Intermediate. That particular game was pretty difficult, but that's exactly what made it fun.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:01 am

Last edited by Ironmonger on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:40 pm

So, on a tangentially related note, anyone subscribe to dunkey or have ever seen his videos? He makes some really funny shit.

Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:42 pm

RoboRed wrote:So, on a tangentially related note, anyone subscribe to dunkey or have ever seen his videos? He makes some really funny shit.

Spoiler:
His rapping or whatever you call it is contagious.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 pm

@Dunkey
Eeeeyup. Been watching him for a pretty long time now, dude's classic. Iron, if you like his mockrapping, check out his Red Dead Redemption video. It's stupidly catchy.

I like his humor, because it's the perfect blend of self-deprecating, satire, and sheer absurdity. He's a demented genius (or possibly just demented).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Dunkey
Eeeeyup. Been watching him for a pretty long time now, dude's classic. Iron, if you like his mockrapping, check out his Red Dead Redemption video. It's stupidly catchy.

I like his humor, because it's the perfect blend of self-deprecating, satire, and sheer absurdity. He's a demented genius (or possibly just demented).
That is just brill, and I will agree with that opinion.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by TalixZero Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:16 pm

I regret bringing League of Legends up in the first place because now I'm playing it again
Applejacks
TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:23 pm

TalixZero wrote:I regret bringing League of Legends up in the first place because now I'm playing it again
Applejacks
One of us! One of us! Spike 

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:24 pm

There is no escape! =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:18 am

Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Yea, yea, that sounds about right.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:58 am

I'm pleased to announce that my skills at LoL are indeed increasing, I actually got a KDA ratio of 9/1/12. My main problem was that I was being too aggressive with Twitch.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:38 pm

@Iron
Grats! If you get really good at botlane in general, it's super nice for ranked, because support and ADC tend to be the least-wanted picks (unless there's a new ADC out - friggin' Lucian).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:55 am

I just got a few more friends who play League. They're all level 30 and drag out bot games for as long as possible for the sake of fun.

In other words, I can farm a sheeeeeeeeeyitload of experience and influence with no question about whether or not we'll win. Roid Rage 

Also, Jungle'Gath is fun, if quirky. Crazy 

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by TalixZero Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:17 am

I bought Vi so I can learn the one position that has eluded my understanding for so long:

Jungling

And it's... interesting
TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Jungle is one of my main positions, so if you want help feel free to .
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content