Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of Legends

+10
Tytan
MrMagma
Admiral Stoic Rum
Moodyman90
TalixZero
Ironmonger
Aonee
RoboRed
Harold_Genhi
CamoBadger
14 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

League of Legends - Page 9 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:11 am

Three words: Infinite Laugh Cycle.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:37 pm

I umm, think that Jinx would be hilariously great for another skin having her carry a Cross Punisher...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by TalixZero Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:35 pm

I've discovered that Dominion is both more fun and less stressful than Classic
I highly recommend Crystal Scar 5/5
TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:57 pm

I got a quadra kill with Jinx.

Step one: steal a kill with ult to get to the fight faster. Step two: murderhype divebuddies with Sejuani all the way from their first tower to their inhib.

Those are all the steps. Jinx is fun, but oh god the nerf bat will ruin her. All she has are OP numbers. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by TalixZero Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:03 am

Urgot is so OP in Dominion holy crap
I just completely wiped the floor using him

And lol congrats Cobalt
TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:10 am

Quad's no big thing, I know, but this was my second game playing her. =P Jeez is she OP. Really good in a Janna lane, too - shielded rocket poke is brutal, and the tornadoes keep her from getting dived too hard.

Also nice on your end, Talix! I used to play Dominion a bit, but since I last did the meta got really stagnant IIRC - tons of Kassadin. Maybe you found the new OP, though! Never know!

Back to top Go down

Post by TalixZero Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:13 am

Nah, from what I can tell Urgot has always been really powerful in Dominion.  And it can't be more stagnant than Summoner's Rift.  They're probably both just as adverse to change.

And ugh, I haven't even had to experience Jinx with a Janna.  That sounds terrifying.

...I should mention this to my ADC friend that I support   <.<
TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:18 am

TalixZero wrote:Nah, from what I can tell Urgot has always been really powerful in Dominion.  And it can't be more stagnant than Summoner's Rift.  They're probably both just as adverse to change.

And ugh, I haven't even had to experience Jinx with a Janna.  That sounds terrifying.

...I should mention this to my ADC friend that I support   <.<
At the same time, though, as much as I hate to say it, she really does take a pretty high level of mastery of the core ADC skillsets, as well as a lot more planning than most. You have to be thinking significantly ahead, to harass with rockets while still zeroing in on CS and keeping up stacks of her gatling gun while possible, managing her rocket mana, figuring out when openings for Zap! are about to pop up, and getting a good feel for when you can dive and still live. Even just juggling between her different Q forms is a lot of extra headroom, and needs to be executed flawlessly if you're going to abuse her range to win trades. I got to lane 3 or 4 minutes late as Quinn(!) versus a Jinx (had to restart my computer), and we absolutely stomped her nonetheless. Mind you, she was terrible at farming, too, but still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:23 pm

I decided to try out Lux and Xerath today. They are both very fun, but I feel so weird playing Lux since over Skype and TS it seems like she's speaking with a bass voice.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Public Beta Environment signups are up, everybody. You can apply as long as you have a level 30 account and track record clean of bans, etc.

http://pbesignup.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/pbe
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by TalixZero Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:06 pm

I would avoid getting attached to/learning Xerath right now, he's getting reworked completely
TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:15 pm

TalixZero wrote:I would avoid getting attached to/learning Xerath right now, he's getting reworked completely
I'm well aware of that. I don't know why he's getting reworked, though. In my opinion he's fine as-is.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:21 pm

@Iron
Two reasons, apparently: one, he has pretty much just the one playstyle: long range bombardment on a medium/short cooldown, which gets boring. Two, they think he's secret OP - too powerful (especially in lane), but not currently one of the main viable meta picks because he's not a supermobile assassin. They're adding more skill into his kit but keeping the same style of play, so hopefully it won't be too different if you're getting attached to him. Still super long range (possibly longer range?) with charge-up times and all that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TalixZero Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:43 pm

TalixZero
TalixZero
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Le art:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:33 am

it would be awesome to do kayle like this:

League of Legends - Page 9 1382103_748406435185736_1686067532_n
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:55 am

Just gonna leave this here.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Dear Princess Luna,

There is a special place in the fiery pits of hell for players who steal kills from snowballers. Normally this doesn't piss me off because the enemy has been temporarily taken out of action, but stealing kills from a champion who relies heavily on items to be a murder machine is a no-no. If it's clear that he can't get it, fine. Take it. Otherwise, fuck off. Let the snowballer take it.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Today's ranked report (though I may do more)

Silver 1! 3 games, 3 wins... mostly mediocre midlane performances with Lux (uggghhhhh Gragas is the worst champion, high mobility, high burst, tons of free tankiness, and infinite sustain), one pretty strong showing top with Nasus, and then superb teamfights and catches. Now the long death march to Gold begins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:24 am

More ranked report! Double posting for great justice!

Only two games today, though they were two wins and both actually quite fun games. First was Jinx; we did very little bottom lane but farm (I won the farm war!) and occasionally have some fights happen. Meanwhile, Ryze was getting fed as a motherfucker, which was nice. Basically, we had one teamfight that escalated into us taking all 3 bot towers and an inhib, along with several kills. Then we did that to mid. Then we won. Jinx is fun.

Next game, I noticed I was not only the only silver player, but that most of the other players (my team and enemy team) were fairly high gold AND that the enemy ADC was actually in plat, and had been gold ranked last season. Gratifying, but also pretty high pressure. Fortunately, the enemy team went with a Soraka/Twitch lane - pretty low aggression - while we had a Varus/Sona lane, so I was confident that our teamfight potential was a lot better than theirs. Made a level one or two play that netted us first blood and total lane dominance until a goon squad pushed down our tower around level 8 or so, which was nice, and my ults were generally quite good - including one went over baron wall to snag two enemies chasing our low health Katarina, saving her and allowing us to reinitiate and clean up (note: baron was also hitting me during this time; we had been baiting). I was very proud, and so was the team. Overall, pretty great experiences; the Varus was incidentally obscenely good at split pushing, applied pressure at all the right times while we were distracting them (and, in the Riven and Kat's cases, getting caught in dumb places while getting greedy =P). That's my ranked report for tonight! If I keep getting games with teammates like this, and if clamping doesn't get me (which I think it really ought not to, if I'm getting matched with plats and my winrate's at 55% and climbing)... well, I might actually hit gold before the season ends, if I'm reeeaaaally lucky.

EDIT: Also? I am SUPER STOKED for the changes to support gold income in season 4, and equally as stoked that they're going to look at Alistar again... poor moocow's really having a problem leading his baby tuckoos into becoming the heroes they are inside (oh my god I need to stop with the Ulysses references right now). I used to main the cow, I did, back before they gutted him so thoroughly. The jungle changes I care less about, though I'm sure the greater camp diversity and stronger rewards for farm-up junglers will make for interesting new strategies (less predictable routes, increased emphasis on invasion to keep that jungle Trynd from emerging at the thirty minute mark with three full items, stuff like that). Mostly just 'cos I still don't really see myself as much of a jungler. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Today I got into a Skype call with four other friends, and we later all decided to do a 2v3, myself being one of the two. It was Rengar and Hecarim (me) vs Vi, Zyra, and Jinx. We had one general rule; we didn't push the turrets hard, so that we could draw out the game as long as possible. My teammate and I had some communication issues due to my severe attention issues, which eventually fucked us later, but we actually did pretty well. I went 9/4, he went 22/6. I wasn't being as aggressive as I usually am because I wasn't entirely sure how to handle the situations I was getting into. It was a great learning experience, because Rengard and I eventually got our shit together and pulled off some brilliant ambushes. In the end, however, Jinx sneaked past me as I was keeping minions out of our base, and she killed our base. I wasn't too bothered by it, I was actually surprised rather than annoyed.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:26 am

@Iron
Nice, very nice. Jinx' backdoors are scary good, if she can actually get TO the back door (which is hard for her since she's got very little mobility outside of murdering stuff and people).

More ranked report! I have discovered why playing ranked on weekends is a bad idea. My god... it's full of morons.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Iron
Two reasons, apparently: one, he has pretty much just the one playstyle: long range bombardment on a medium/short cooldown, which gets boring. Two, they think he's secret OP - too powerful (especially in lane), but not currently one of the main viable meta picks because he's not a supermobile assassin. They're adding more skill into his kit but keeping the same style of play, so hopefully it won't be too different if you're getting attached to him. Still super long range (possibly longer range?) with charge-up times and all that.
Speaking of champs with one playstyle, what about Pantheon? Is there more ways to play him other than AD with the Q+W+E+Q combo? Still funny to see people not noticing his ult in the middle of a teamfight until the drop.

Random thought, is there a champ where building mostly Attack Speed is viable? I mean it's hilarious to go Fist of the North Star as Vi, but is largely ineffective in pvp, as I found out when I first played her.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:18 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Random thought, is there a champ where building mostly Attack Speed is viable? I mean it's hilarious to go Fist of the North Star as Vi, but is largely ineffective in pvp, as I found out when I first played her.
I think Kog'Maw is one of those champs. I'm not completely sure though.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Pure AS champs have a hard time, often, because needing to constantly hit someone generally means that your DPS drops dramatically upon being CC'd - also, you get very few tanky stats from AS items, and generally speaking if you've got over 1.5 AS or so you're generally better off getting some crit and stuff. That said, some champs have built-in scaling with AS that makes doubling down on it very nice for various parts of the game (generally not lategame, when full-build ADCs start to really shine). Machine gun Lulu is a classic example, Kog'maw can do it, I've seen AS Diana builds... Korean Vayne for a time involved building BotRK, Phantom Dancer, AND Shiv, resulting in a brutally fast (both attack-wise and movespeed-wise) champ that could shred through health/armor stackers (though this made her more niche, I think). I saw an Aatrox build a guinsoo's rageblade once in the pro scene, but this may have been for shits and giggles since they were already stomping.

Speaking of Aatrox, I had a very fun lane against a Renekton today. Mostly was even except when ganks happened - their Darius was bad but hellishly lucky at getting counterganks off at exactly the right times. Aatrox is a champ that gets a lot of free AS from his passive, so you generally don't build much on him apart from what you get from BotRK (which is pretty core). Jinx is another champ who barely ever builds AS because of how much her gatling gun gives her for free - sort of the opposite of an on-hit build (she actually scales stupid well with crit and AD because of those rockets).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:53 am

I just tested out Nunu with an experimental build. He's quite a nasty jungler with a Lich Bane.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:13 am

Hmm, I almost wonder about Nashor's Tooth with him, if you're going for a build weaving auto-attacks in with high magic damage. He doesn't have a great many spells to proc lich bane with, so it might be more cost efficient to go Nashor's instead, especially since it synergizes well with his blood boil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:26 am

That's a good point, actuallly. I had thought about Nashor's Tooth before, but I wasn't entirely sure. What do you think of using Wit's End with him? It seems like a good thing to use for him, since it synergizes well with his passive and his tank role.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:47 am

@Iron
TBH I think if you're going for both damage and tankiness, you probably can't afford to do anything but an abyssal and MAYBE a deathcap - getting an AS/AP item probably just isn't efficient (though if you can figure out a way to make that cooldown reduction cap you just right on Nashor's... still probably not). Wit's End isn't really an item I see much around these days (nor is Nashor's, really) so I can't say how good it is for Nunu, or anyone really.

Anyway, point is that if you're going for a Nashor's Nunu, you probably can't expect to be very tanky. Spirit Visage would be a good defensive item choice, of course, and a zhonya's might serve for armor/AP (alternatively, can't go wrong with Randuin's).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:59 am

Thank's, I'll keep that in mind. About Wit's End, I've only heard of it being used on Cho'Gath since he's a tank who deals terrible, terrible damage.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down