Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+44
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Scootayay
Quotidian
Jeremyrush
Randombuttons
Luminous Lead
FoolNeim
Meleagridis
Scyto Harmony
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
RandomBlank
Necr0maNceR
MrMagma
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Vergil
CannonFodder
Plasticube
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
WovenTales
Ametros
Somber
Icy Shake
CamoBadger
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Caoimhe
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
Cptadder
OneMoreDaySK
Ironmonger
Frost
IncoherentOrange
SilentCarto
48 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:46 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Oh yes, and speaking of drawings, I went ahead and added a little bit of color to my drawing of Blackjack.
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/35377851024
Spoiler:
That is awesome. The color of her mane (which I really like, by the way) goes well with the instrument's.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:51 am

Icy Shake wrote:
RoboRed wrote:I swear, I'm probably the only person in the world that doesn't get filled with a burning crimson rage whenever Stygius is mentioned...
I thought that he was fun. I thought his exit was weird, perhaps not the best part of the arc, but even that didn't stick out to me as especially bad.
That's pretty much how I feel about it. I liked him, sorry to see him go, the exit was odd but not bad, just odd.

Also, for what it's worth, I never interpreted "hero in bed" to mean he was an amazing lay; but rather that he had remarkable stamina (which he comes by naturally) and did everything he could to make sure his partner was having fun (which isn't the same as skill). To me "hero" doesn't say "great prowess" but rather "heart is in the right place".

It also strikes me that there's probably a pretty big difference between somebody who is doing it because they really want to and somebody who's doing it because it's their job. Her time with Stygius was the first time BJ had ever been with a stallion when it was just two people who really wanted to have sex -- as equals, in other words -- with no coercion involved.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:53 am

CannonFodder wrote:You can't kill Eldritch abominations and they aren't elements of harmony and the eater has been nom nom noming on souls for two centuries. The only way I see of the eater going down is when gardens of equestria finally go off.

Eh, I figure it'll end up being not destruction but ejection. The endgame here isn't slaying the monster, but telling it GET THE HELL OFF MY PLANET!
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:24 am

Doublepost
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:24 am

Okay Season 3 is done, the dog is walked and the apartment is no longer on fire (Funny story, ask me about it later)
Pages 11-20

We open this recap with MORE Xcom talk
OAN OneMoreDaySK get an avatar
OAAN Orange is reading PH finally, slow and steady prevents nitrates from igniting.
Kattlarv makes the point that much like how pure clop fics get more views than quality romance fics much like how FIFA whatever year it is sells more copies than Skyrim despite vastly less work required to simply update the rosters than it does to build an entire Skyrim world, Much like clop is much easier to write and sells more than romance. We don't disscuss it, but it's such an excellent point I'll mention it in my roundup.
Talk moves onto the Eater of Souls and speculation is had by all.
An interesting but short discussion is had starting on 12 about making Hoofington safe by killing the power to the defenses and exactly how to go about doing this
Necr0maNceR brings up Gurren Lagann while talking about how characters die and what impact that can have
Kippershy throws in the towel on our fast updating thread which leads into the current CCChat thread which exists and sucks up 70% of the posts made to this thread.
We move back to talking about the Eater again
Page 13 is about Spam, Matt Ward and Heresy move right on by
Page 14 occurs during American election night so you have some drunk posting by myself and some political talk
Mostly however talk is of the GRE and Alicorns
The Alicorn discussion continues onto page 15 as we talk about the nature of a pony changed into an alicorn.
Obama wins re-election more political talk, Frost and I chat about gun control
Caoimhe brings us back to FoE specifically the rushed nature of the ending
Iron asks some pony questions and gets some pony answers
16 is mostly spam but towards the end we get back to the unreliable narrator bit of Littlepip as she is telling FoE herself to an audience.
Page 17 moves on to talking about damn Stripes and how hard their lands got hit (Not hard enough says I)
Featherduster gives us a good rundown about where everything stands at the end of Fallout Equestria's story proper not the end bit of the afterword but the end of the battle business. This prompts discussion of exactly how sterile and clean the afterword is.
Wave posts Blackjack playing the Double Bass, she should keep the tiny neck bowtie it looks good on her.
That early mention I made about Kipper giving up on the PH thread due to the amount of spam? It comes home to roost here on page 18 and it's averaging fifty posts a day at this point.
After that and everyone agreeing with Kipper about what a good idea it is the post amount slows way down. You can easily see the difference.
With that talk moves onto the post FoE as we all speculate
Caoimhe updates us on the status of the long finished article which is why she joined our little community to begin with that still has yet to be published.
And then we move into the disscussion that comprises the rest of the next page and a half with only brief interrupts... that of Stiggy, he of the batponies and bloody royalty. Talk is divided between those who don't mind him, those that mind him... and those who are correct who did not mind him until his little leaving the group speech. Spike

Last edited by Cptadder on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Woo season 3 was awesomazing! Yay for everything.

@Kattlarv: you made some good points and said some things I really want to respond to, but right now I don't have the time. As soon as I do though, I will reply to your reply.

@EoS: I don't think it said anywhere that the Eater of Souls is an elderitch monster, I think that's just an analogy we created to describe it, so I don't think it's fair to say that since Eldritch abominations can't die that the Eater of Souls can't die. One possibility I see is Trottenheimers folly makes a reappearance and Blackjack has to sacrifice or remutilate herself to stop the EoS. That or moon rocks, lots and lots of moon rocks.

Edit: @Robored: I among others have been very vocal of my support of Stygius. So you aren't alone in this matter.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Spoiler:

I doubt they will "Kill" the eater of souls, but maybe they will fight an Avatar of it or something in the core, or have to weaken it up so Project Horizons can do it's thing or something. I don't know, I think we are going to be kept guessing.

As for heroic sacrifice, I would be a bit disappointed if it is blackjack who ends up doing it. Or any of them. I'd like to think the core is going to be one massive suicide mission that none of them have any expectations of getting out alive. Maybe they (or at least some) of them get out in the end, but it's treated as heroic sacrifice for even trying.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:50 pm

My bad on that last post. Didn't think about it for a while until I came back and such.
Anyway, I don't think there's ever going to be a way to kill the eater, just eject it.
(Like others have said.)

The stars working together could kill it, but not ponies, in any amount.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:57 pm

First off page 21 Summary is done and edited in
Moving onto comments
Kippershy wrote:My bad on that last post. Didn't think about it for a while until I came back and such.
Anyway, I don't think there's ever going to be a way to kill the eater, just eject it.
(Like others have said.)

The stars working together could kill it, but not ponies, in any amount.
This is where I disagree, it's a common trope that the ancient powerful Empire sealed something away only for it to get lose and wreck havoc. Our heroes in "modern" day having to band together to give it a good kicking and kill it this time around. Not to mention considering it's nature as the Eater of souls, happiness... and crackers (I presume) it may have been impossible for the Star's to do anything but force it out without killing themselves. There are all sorts of reasons they could not kill it being to similar to it, or by simply fighting it they make it stronger.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:26 pm

(I've not read any of Page 21 yet due to a glimpse of what might be S3 spoilers.)

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:@CannonFodder
Definitely not alone, but with some kind of cheesy friendship group speech like in 99, they might have a chance.
You can't kill Eldritch abominations and they aren't elements of harmony and the eater has been nom nom noming on souls for two centuries. The only way I see of the eater going down is when gardens of equestria finally go off.
I'm curious: what makes you think that GoE could defeat the EoS?
I dunno about the GoE, but the elements of harmony beam fixes everything, always... so yeah, it could defeat the EoS. There's no telling where they came from, just that they can take out extremely powerful and malevolent entities with power to spare.
And if it somehow COULDN'T defeat the EoS, it'd still make one heck of a dent in it.

CannonFodder wrote:
swicked wrote:
I dunno about the GoE, but the elements of harmony beam fixes everything, always... so yeah, it could defeat the EoS. There's no telling where they came from, just that they can take out extremely powerful and malevolent entities with power to spare.
And if it somehow COULDN'T defeat the EoS, it'd still make one heck of a dent in it.
The elements of harmony are a deus ex machina, so yeah it could take out the eater.
Ah, but here's the thing: GoE isn't the EoH, just a megaspell powered by them. Yes, the EoH themselves would at least be a powerful weapon against the thing (I think), but GoE, if it doesn't target starmetal, might ignore the EoS entirely.
Besides, using GoE against the EoH would require PH to extend at least three weeks or so past the end of FoE, and, while I don't know that that isn't what Somber is planning, it seems unlikely.

FoolNeim wrote:
Somber wrote:I think that my plan is to wait till after the election. That was one of my "triggers". Then I'll see about either cutting the dosage or weaning myself off it. I might be able to help if I get more exercise. Sign up to a gym or something and see if I can get a booster from something other than drugs.

Suggestion from someone who has been on the medication merry-go-round: talk to your shrink, ween yourself off SSRIs (this can be a bitch), and try Wellbutrin, with a low-dose of clonazepam/klonopin to balance out any anxiety. Do some research on it first. However, if you ask your doctor for a specific drug and it's a reasonable choice they will usually oblige.

More effective, less side-effects. Plz consider. This is from a fellow teacher (student teacher anyway).
Ah, thank you. I've no idea how good your advice is, not understanding most of it, but I've passed it along.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Season 3. :O Can't decide if I should post stuff here or the other thread but anyway, here:

Spoiler:
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Cptadder wrote:Page 17 moves on to talking about damn Stripes and how hard their lands got hit (Not hard enough says I)
How
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 pm

swicked wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:Season 3. :O Can't decide if I should post stuff here or the other thread but anyway, here:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This isn't a spoiler but the real message of this episode is the importance of the Dewey Decimal system and not to ignore the worthless college major of Library Sciences.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Spoiler:
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Seriously guys who are the spoiler boxes supposed to protect?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:05 pm

I dunno, I almost got banned from #FoE irc for talking about season 3 almost 8 hours after it aired, so eh.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Anyone think that Somber would fit in well in that place?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Just saying, Twilight is totally becoming an alicorn this season. All that "she'll be ready" mumbo jumbo, Twilight is definitely becoming an alicorn.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 pm

He shows up there now and then usually asking for plot stuff from FoE for his writing. Had some fun conversations. :)
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:47 pm

*facepalm* Ugh. Just realized the my last post and Erumpet's is off topic. Need to shift over to Chat thread.

@Cai
What're ya talking 'bout?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:08 am

Caoimhe wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:23 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:*facepalm* Ugh. Just realized the my last post and Erumpet's is off topic. Need to shift over to Chat thread.

@Cai
What're ya talking 'bout?

Oh, didn't realize you were off topic, I was talking about FoE irc
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:29 am

Icy Shake wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:28 am

Caoimhe wrote:
Spoiler:

That makes me think of Alicorns as armored SquishyWizards, which I find incredibly fascinating.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:10 am

*moved to PHCC:OT*

Last edited by WovenTales on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:23 am

I just realized something, why would starmetal and a moon rock interact so violently? I can understand starmetal being a magical asteroid, but what is with their moon?
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:01 pm

In regards to being off topic; to be fair, I think a tiny amount is forgiveable. Asking how someone is in passing or mentioning the new season start and such -- it's just good manners to ask how someone is for one and talking about the show could lead to how something works with PH or FOE.
I dunno, I don't want to be the grand ruler who makes every decision set in stone and be lord of all - that's not my place.

Though yes, the idle chatter that wasn't more than two lines of being polite or something that could be related somehow definitely was taking up too much space and making it impossible to keep the thread feeling how it should.

I definitely wouldn't scold someone for one quick post, personally.
It's just as long as we don't let it even come close to what it had become.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:18 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:How badly do you think the Zebra lands got hit?
They got "hit" about as badly as Equestria did, but the land recovered much more quickly. Whereas Equestria was clouded over and liberally salted with radiation, Zebrica (or whatver you want to call it) was hit by a wider variety of megaspells, most of which were "clean". That said, there was enough balefire to drive the zebras underground for quite some time, and their fallout shelters -- built in played-out coal mines -- were not as advanced as the Equestrian models. Conditions were miserable and they were prone to leaks, breakdowns, and supply shortages. Still, they worked long enough for the land to recover.

Unfortunately, it's basically Monster Island over there. Dragons aren't the worst things around, and the war destroyed all the robots and automated defenses that were keeping the monster population under control. So while the land has recovered, it's a terrible place to try to make a home. They're not playing Fallout so much as Skyrim.

O. Hinds wrote:I can't find the quote now, but I seem to recall (POSSIBLY INCORRECTLY) that her saying elsewhere that, while ponies dispersed in the low-resource-density environment that Equestria became, the zebras, with their mostly-intact landscape, almost completely obliterated, for the most part, cities, and even more dangerous then before wildlife banded together in walled villages or towns surrounded by farmland.
I think that was mostly my own suppositions and extrapolations from Kkat's comments. But I'm glad to hear it's your headcanon now. Twilight Sparkle

Ironmonger wrote:
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CONTRIBUTE, SO HAVE SOME FUNNY:
WIN!

WavemasterRyx wrote:@Stygius discussion
- I've still never had a problem with Stygius, but I suppose that's just me.
Yeah, me too. It irked me a tiny bit that his shadow step doesn't count as teleportation, but aside from that I thought he was okay.

By the way, sorry I didn't comment on the Octyjack pic yet -- I've been running behind yet again. The bow tie makes it hard to remember that's BJ. Derpy Hooves
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:24 pm

CannonFodder wrote:I just realized something, why would starmetal and a moon rock interact so violently? I can understand starmetal being a magical asteroid, but what is with their moon?
The moon seems to be the anti-particle to starmetal. Why does a proton and and an anti-proton react so violently? Because of SCIENCE that's why!
In this case however it does not seem to be a AM/M reaction but as I stated way back in the day (Six months ago) that Star Metal seems to be something akin to condensed souls. And the moon for whatever reason seems to react to liberate souls for some reason.

We don't know why star metal is soul stuff, we don't know why moon stone reacts... but we do know it does. We can speculate about the physics behind it... but to what purpose?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next