Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+44
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Scootayay
Quotidian
Jeremyrush
Randombuttons
Luminous Lead
FoolNeim
Meleagridis
Scyto Harmony
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
RandomBlank
Necr0maNceR
MrMagma
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Vergil
CannonFodder
Plasticube
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
WovenTales
Ametros
Somber
Icy Shake
CamoBadger
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Caoimhe
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
Cptadder
OneMoreDaySK
Ironmonger
Frost
IncoherentOrange
SilentCarto
48 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Valikdu wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:We lurk. We watch. We feed.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Rachni2

And now, as always, we turn to our beloved friend Fire for the answer.
did someone say FIRE?
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Simpsons-HankScorpioFlamethrower
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Fire in the hole. Derpy Hooves

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 pm

The best fires, of course, involve Chlorine Trifloride. That shit can burn stone
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:53 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Spoiler:

Well damn. I am very fond of this. It may be my second-favourite out of all the work you've yet done. I may need to save this when my computer is fixed, I can't quite express how much I like it.

Add. If you did get carried away with the tail, I'm glad you did.

Last edited by Meleagridis on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:55 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:Well, I finally tried drawing something again.
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/35267613363

Spoiler:
Beautifully done, Ryx.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:05 pm

I likey!

...Though I wonder what Blackjack is doing with a cello. Then again, who cares; it's adorable.

Speaking of (sorta) I'm home from school today because my throat feels like a warzone. I'm most likely going to read PH chapter 2 now.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:14 pm

The first thing that went through my mind when I read that Octavia's cello was indestructible (due to it being her soul jar of course) is beating heathens to death with it.

Also Orange there's this soar throat spray you can pick up at a Kroger that should numb your throat, just thought I'd try to help.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Ironmonger wrote:The first thing that went through my mind when I read that Octavia's cello was indestructible (due to it being her soul jar of course) is beating heathens to death with it.

Also Orange there's this soar throat spray you can pick up at a Kroger that should numb your throat, just thought I'd try to help.
I think Octi would approve of Blackjack smacking anypony that disrespects classical music.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:29 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:Well, I finally tried drawing something again.
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/35267613363

Spoiler:
Nice!

re the destruction of the Zebra lands:
I've my own headcanon on this, of course, which does not entirely (and in some places not really at all) match the following, but here's Kkat's opinion:
Kkat wrote:@Cantthinkofaname1029 

I can give you what is hinted at or outright stated in the story:

The land of the zebras was home to horrific monsters (to the scale that the Everfree Forest was the most homelike place in Equestria) even before the changes wrought in the wake of the war. The monsters there now are... fierce.

Entire lands (peninsulas and small islands) were completely lost in the cataclysm, crumbling back into boiling oceans as the ponies turned the full power of the sun against the zebras.

Zebras could not cast spells, but were mistresses of alchemy and enchantments. 

Zebras also had a level of functional technology that (in most fields) actually surpassed that of Equestria, particularly when it came to enchantment-enhanced or alchemically-enhanced technology. (The ponies had Steel Rangers with rocket launchers... the zebras had megaspell-carrying ICBMs powered by alchemical superfuels.) Many of the advances promoted by the Ministry of Wartime Technology were in response to superior zebra technology (such as the anti-machine rifle which was in response to zebra sentinel robots).

On that note, as well as monsters, zebra lands are riddled with hostile robots. Yay. 

The zebra lands were rich in coal and there had been a thriving industry of coal mining with much of the resources being exported to Equestria in the years before the war. Now, the land is reach in very creepy mines and still-burning underground coal fires.

The zebras did not have Stable-Tec or Stables. This is one area of technology where the zebras were significantly worse off. They did have Vaults (such as the one under Four Stars), but while these didn't have the thrill of Stable-Tec social experiments, they more than made up for it with inferior design. Oh, and most of them were built into parts of the previously-mentioned coal mines.
I can't find the quote now, but I seem to recall (POSSIBLY INCORRECTLY) that her saying elsewhere that, while ponies dispersed in the low-resource-density environment that Equestria became, the zebras, with their mostly-intact landscape, almost completely obliterated, for the most part, cities, and even more dangerous then before wildlife banded together in walled villages or towns surrounded by farmland.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Oh, and for one view on how Equestria redevelops, you might want to look at the semi-official Ask LittlePip tumblr.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:40 pm

for the daemon prince of bad puns:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:54 pm

RoboRed wrote:
for the daemon prince of bad puns:

RealWorld:"I hate it when my food is still alive."
StarWars:"I hate it when my food jumps up and tears my arms off."

EDIT: What did one pony say to her friend that lost their voice? "You look a little horse." Spike

Last edited by Ironmonger on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 pm

I just had a thought. Why is it that we don't have vault bunkers in real life? The closest thing we have is NORAD command and that can only sustain a population for a couple decades.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:00 pm

CannonFodder wrote:I just had a thought. Why is it that we don't have vault bunkers in real life? The closest thing we have is NORAD command and that can only sustain a population for a couple decades.

Personally I think because the rival nations aren't dumb enough to start going nukeshit on eachother...Then again, we are humans.

FORESHADOWING...

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Because we don't really need them anymore. I know that during the Cold War people had personal shelters built, not that they would help much for prolonged stays out of the radiation. I have personal ways that I've prepared for a nuclear event, but those are my secret so you people won't come running to my place for safety Spike (Yes, I'm a little crazy, but my life revolves around 'plan for the worst, hope for the best.)
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Personally I think because the rival nations aren't dumb enough to start going nukeshit on eachother...Then again, we are humans.

FORESHADOWING...
We've actually come close to a nuclear war several times in the past and not just the cuban missile crisis. We've even almost had a nuclear war cause a computer glitch was giving the US a false positive that there was a missile attack underway.
Personally I think it's just that it's just not profitable to make long term sustainable shelters for the average person, and that people still honestly think it's possible to win a nuclear war without getting nuked yourself.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:07 pm

It was in the USSR, actually, and the man that questioned the alarm (and saved the world) got awarded with the title, 'Hero of the Soviet Union'.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:10 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:It was in the USSR, actually, and the man that questioned the alarm (and saved the world) got awarded with the title, 'Hero of the Soviet Union'.
Just the Soviet Union? Bullshit, that man deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:10 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Because we don't really need them anymore. I know that during the Cold War people had personal shelters built, not that they would help much for prolonged stays out of the radiation. I have personal ways that I've prepared for a nuclear event, but those are my secret so you people won't come running to my place for safety [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 779695502 (Yes, I'm a little crazy, but my life revolves around 'plan for the worst, hope for the best.)
There's still the question of Deadhand.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:12 pm

The closest thing to a nuke in my region is a tornado given I live in a mobile home park. Big mac

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:21 pm

CannonFodder wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:Because we don't really need them anymore. I know that during the Cold War people had personal shelters built, not that they would help much for prolonged stays out of the radiation. I have personal ways that I've prepared for a nuclear event, but those are my secret so you people won't come running to my place for safety [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 779695502 (Yes, I'm a little crazy, but my life revolves around 'plan for the worst, hope for the best.)
There's still the question of Deadhand.
That system is...interesting. I would like to believe that they actually do have it turned off, but because I don't trust humanity, I know it's not. The biggest question is who it's currently aimed at. I don't know exactly how it works, but I don't think it would be smart enough to say "Those people shot at us, hit them". So if somebody truly wanted to fuck the world over, if they just took a little nuke and set it off in a russian city, that system would be very VERY bad for everyone.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:24 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Just the Soviet Union? Bullshit, that man deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.

I agree. We could well all be dead if it weren't for Stanislav Petrov. Actually, he didn't win Hero of the Soviet Union, and was neither penalized nor awarded for his actions, and supposedly, they wouldn't have launched nuclear weapons just because his monitoring station malfunctioned, it'd have to take multiple reports. Still, though, it may have prevented further escalation.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:50 pm

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CONTRIBUTE, SO HAVE SOME FUNNY:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:26 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Because we don't really need them anymore. I know that during the Cold War people had personal shelters built, not that they would help much for prolonged stays out of the radiation. I have personal ways that I've prepared for a nuclear event, but those are my secret so you people won't come running to my place for safety Spike (Yes, I'm a little crazy, but my life revolves around 'plan for the worst, hope for the best.)

Well then. After the nukes fall it's gonna be you, me, the roaches and whatever unfortunate Everyman wakes up from a coma two weeks later
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:19 pm

@EP: (Stable breeding) In late FoE it was revealed the overmare had a terminal which contained the family tree of every pony in the stable, revealing both Pip and Velvet were related by 1/8 if I recall right. Or more. So yeah, they held that in check. Similar was done for PH, think it was added either before or after that part though. Someone stated that when a mare got to breed, she was not given a stallion she was related to for getting impregnated with.

And slightly related in terms of genetic diversity requirement, the batponies would still had made great rapists with a reason for it. Sending out some of their mares to pound a couple stallions in the wastes. Possibly disposing of the afterwards with their whole "wanting to be secret" thing. The counterpart of that would just be retarded efficiency wise though hehe.

@Wave: Looking good. And sorry for the bad pun but: It's good Glory don't know about Octavia, she wouldn't be able to handle BJ gently fondling and playing with another mare :P
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Ya know... I've been thinking. I wasn't going to say it, since I can already tell that if I word it without tact that it'll upset someone... but here goes.

I think we need another thread for all this chatter, specifically, the non Project Horizons chatter.
And with that, I mean all the chatter that isn't actually related to this story - not just FOE, but this story.

Before we had the forum, things were never anywhere near this bad. We had a small amount of banter, but it was never so far away from the intended topic that you couldn't trace it back.
Now we have the forum however, we treat it like a play-den.

Things like O.Hinds train discussion is something that, while not Project Horizons itself, still feels like it could pass for what goes in here in a way, but may still be better suited in the other thread perhaps.
Things like the constant warhammer 40k stuff -- that's just chatter.

Yes, I know that directly references you Iron / Frost, but you are the easiest two people to use as an example for this one.

Half of the reason I announced I would no longer be trying to follow this thread is because of the amount of pointless spam that goes into it. I go away for one, even two days and I find no less than ten pages - most of it spam with no relation to the intended point of the thread what so ever.
It's too much to try weave through the spam to find good posts because the effort is beyond me and anyone else whose gone for even a short while.

I know, I know, I've defended the idle chatter once before when one of the editors brought it up as an issue - but now it seems different.
Back when we first moved here, me and Kim (as an example) had banter. That banter never even took up even a whole page worth.

That time I got awarded 'Lord of derail'?
Yes, I made what must have been eight or so posts with lots of content in each, I admit that I shouldn't have - but it was a one off incident that got big because of the ripples it caused - not because of the continuous nature of it.

I'm no angel, but even I have come to see where this is going.

This thread is meant to be for Somber so he can see what we think of his story and related topics to do with his story.
Instead, we've turned it into a clubhouse.

That is why, I am making a thread. This thread here: https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/t809-project-horizons-comment-crew-chat-thread#89558

In this thread, we won't have to worry about upsetting Somber with the discussion topics.
We won't have to worry about upsetting Somber by making it hard for him to keep up.
We won't have to worry about former members of the community (or current ones) leaving because they can't keep up.

It will mean that the thread stays true to its purpose and we can still have somewhere to talk all the crap we want to.
I know some of you won't like it, but I hope most of you will.

Upvote/downvote this post on whether you think it's a good idea or not, if you want - or not.
Either way, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I know of at the very least, three others who feel exactly the same and I can take a gander that at least another two or three feel this way too, if not more of you.

So once more, new thread over at https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/t809-project-horizons-comment-crew-chat-thread#89558

Take it or leave it, this is my attempt to try improve this place though.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:34 pm

(For the record, fanart, fan stories based off PH and other things that are at least related to PH itself while not strictly PH are also completely fine being in this thread, under my suggested guidelines.)

edit: the other thing to remember is this:

When we first moved to the forum, RP began to really take form. When the RP got out of hand, they were requested by admins and others to take it out of the main thread to their own one.
Look where the RP has gone now - they've completed one season and coming close enough to the end of the second season of it all to begin preparations of the third season of their RP.

Moving the idle chatter out of the thread wouldn't kill it - it would clean up the thread to allow for ease in following actual Project Horizons chat.

Whose going to die next? What does ____ dying mean to you? What do you think Blackjack will do when she goes to ____?
These are the conversations we should be having in here.
Hell, even things like "So, what do you think the Enclave will do to one another?" because while not Blackjack, that's still PH.

Again, even something like talking about the state of 99 prior to Blackjack being born or anything like that would still be relevant enough because it's still PH source topic material.

It's okay to ask how someone is while doing so, but when we make it into nothing but what from the outside seems like pointless chatter simply because it has no relevant points to the story, we've gone too far.

Another edit:

With both CamoBadger and Robored having said they greenlight / agree with the thread and Robo having said he was actually considering making it himself (and praising me for being proactive in doing it) I've added the title [Official!] to the thread - and it is.
Two admins agreeing that the thread is a good idea and being behind it - both coming from Project Horizons comments.

So yeah, all the chatter not related to Project Horizons in some way (FOE in general doesn't count unless it has a PH tone to it) is now in the thread here: https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/t809-official-project-horizons-comment-crew-chat-thread

(both variations of the link work, btw.)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Thanks so much, Kips. I was waiting for that to happen but since I'm still relatively "new" I didn't want to encroach.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:40 pm

You're welcome Cao. Like I said, I knew there'd be other people who'd appreciate it other than the ones who I had explicitly spoken to and agreed with.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Whee :3 Yeah, honestly if I came across the thread in the state it's in with the limited knowledge of the community I had when I initially showed up, I would probably be less inclined to post due to the 'boys club' nature it kinda turned into.

Anyway, as I've started rereading PH a while back and taking more time with it, gotta state again on how much appreciation I have for "Orientation." The interviews with the party members is a really great change of pace, along with the infodump of the chapter. It provides tons of great development and I hope to see some call backs to it soon, especially with the crew's opinions of Blackjack. We've already seen P-21's increasing turn in the last chapter and reading the initial thing he did, it's pretty great to see the evolution.

I stopped in the middle of it last night but I'm wondering if Blackjack will ever stumble across the recordings... HMM

Last edited by Caoimhe on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next