Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria: All That Remains

+13
Stringtheory
Frost
Valikdu
Plasticube
Regolit
O. Hinds
Orm
RoboRed
Katarn
Kippershy
Ketchup
IncoherentOrange
CamoBadger
17 posters

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

Fallout Equestria: All That Remains - Page 13 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: All That Remains

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 am

CamoBadger wrote:From my knowledge of Zebra culture in the FoE universe, it was many tribes that were unified under the Caesar into the Zebra nation (Zebrica I think is the name...).
Well, my version has Zebrica being (I think) the name of the continent (which also includes Equestria, technically, and is more or less a "continent" in the same way that Europe is); the nation is called the Pax Roamana and is composed of four main broad cultural groups: Northern, Western, Central, and Marediterranean. Central is the one with the most "different tribes" organization, but they all have it to some extent. And yes, they would have different naming practices, though all traditional names would have Roaman Zebra versions, that being the common language. I wouldn't call the Remnant tribal intermingling new, though; it happened in most national institutions (including the national military) in the Pax Roamana, to the extent that there were some cities that were dominated by a cosmopolitan nature rather than cultural group or tribal identities (Zanzebra was one of these, for example, as was Roam itself, being the capital, and Profectum during the war wasn't even so much cosmopolitan as its own, unique culture). The anthem is "Ohe Zebrae", after all.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: All That Remains - Page 13 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: All That Remains

Post by CamoBadger Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks again swicked!
Spoiler:

I'm glad you're still enjoying it!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:49 pm

@Swicked:
Yay, incoming skits!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Spoiler:

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:27 pm

As Patrick Stewart said, the only greater weapon than books is an Apache Helicopter
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:20 pm

I suppose I should provide an update since I haven't said anything in a long while.

I've got an outline of what will happen in the next chapter (as if I don't change 90% of what I have planned as I write), but it'll probably be another week or two until it's done. School work has been hell, and I was gone last weekend and will be again this weekend, so yeah.

Keep an eye out some time in the next couple weeks.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Hurray, now I just need to catch up to the story before the next update.
Well I should be able to catch up once I'm done school.
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks for the heads-up
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Chapter 13 is now being brushed/pre-read, so expect it tonight. (Soonish as long as there are no world-shattering errors)
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:05 pm

I'll be sure to give you my rambling feedback
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Yay!

...Oh, wait, you might be in a different time zone. Well, I can hope anyway!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:53 pm

And chapter 13 is up here and on FiMFiction.

It ended up being a little shorter than I thought and is one of the shorter chapters overall in the story, but hopefully you all will still enjoy it at least a little!

Thanks for reading still, and I pray that I continue to entertain.

Quick G-Docs link: Chapter 13: Arts and Crafts
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:19 am

New chapter! I spotted some more minor mechanical errors but, as usual, sadly didn't have time to mark them for you.

Spoiler:
Good chapter!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:30 am

A few thoughts.
Spoiler:
Very enjoyable, I'm happy I woke up when I did. As always, looking forward to the next.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 am

Thanks Hinds :)
Spoiler:

And thank you too Ketchup!
Spoiler:

I'm glad you both liked it, and thank you so much for the reviews Twilight Sparkle
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:10 am

I'm a bit late to the review party, but
Spoiler:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Sorry I haven't read it yet, I've been without an internet connection most of the day after doing something silly.
Anyway, back online now so when I've finished doing all the stuff I am, I'll try read it tonight. If not then, tomorrow.
Can't wait to see what you've got in store for me.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:04 pm

YAY!
Fallout Equestria: All That Remains - Page 13 Tumblr_m4r2u6kGn11r8yqpgo1_500
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Dear god, that's scary.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:01 pm

She never brushes her teeth and she eats approximately all the sugar. I expected no different
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Well, All That Remains is on the Wiki now, along with Shayle, Felix, Seer, Charmer and Tinker.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:02 pm

*scurries off to wiki*
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:45 am

Got to be honest I didn't really like that chapter. I think it's because it focused heavily on Felix and I just don't like him as much as a main character.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:33 am

Sorry you didn't like it much Last, but don't worry; you'll be seeing more Shayle soon.

Spoiler:
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Gonna have to be cheeky and stop part-way through. I'm not even all that far, but given the time of day and what I have to deal with tomorrow, getting -some- rest will be essential.

Intended to read it sooner to avoid this, but before I knew it my day was over. So yeah, got to the first break.

Liking the chapter so far though. Nothing to really pick out in particular but I do like the backstory you're giving us. Interesting stuff.
Also some decent character interaction there too.

Sorry for being so slow.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:31 pm

Don't worry about it Kip, life has a way of pulling us away from this stuff.

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far :)
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Well I finally updated the first post of this thread so it didn't say "HERP I only have a prologue done, which is why you can see 13 chapters DURRR".

Also, I consolidated GDocs links into a crappy hub page that probably needs to look prettier but I'm lazy; and I added a link straight to the FiMFiction page there as well.

If the post now sounds like I'm insane, it's because I'm for some reason beyond sarcastic and playful tonight, so I'll be making smartass posts for a while; sorry about that.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:46 pm

CamoBadger wrote:If the post now sounds like I'm insane, it's because I'm for some reason beyond sarcastic and playful tonight, so I'll be making smartass posts for a while; sorry about that.
I see what you mean. It does look a little crazy.
But a little crazy isn't a bad thing.
CamoBadger wrote:Also, being serious, please don't be afraid to post feedback. Even if it's to say I suck at writing, let me know and I'll be civil and accept that I'm awful. I love hearing what people think about my writing and it makes me super happy to see any kind of feedback just because that means someone took time from their day to tell me what they think, and that makes my day. So please, feel free to post it here, on the FiMPage, or PM me on either site, I promise I'll respond ASAP unless you're asking for a spoiler or answering a question would spoil something; then you won't hear anything from me Applebloom
To make it abundantly clear, because I do remember Kipper once perhaps thought I was actually asking questions during my thought process posts, when it is phrased as a question, it's a ponderance(yes, it's my favourite word) and almost never an actual question. Just a part of showing what I'm thinking.

Speaking of which, the story is beginning to interrupt important parts of my day by forcing itself into my conscious thoughts whenever I'm reminded of a few things. Not sure why, but it's also provoking an emotional response that I haven't had for a long time. In that, bravo, I suppose.

It's really quite surreal that I read this stuff at all, though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Not sure if I should be proud of interrupting your day, but I'll take a little pride in getting an emotional response. I hope it's not a bad thing...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 pm

CamoBadger wrote:Not sure if I should be proud of interrupting your day, but I'll take a little pride in getting an emotional response. I hope it's not a bad thing...
It's not so much a problem as it is just something I've noted to happen at times when my mind is usually focused on a task, like writing an English paper.
No, it's not a bad thing.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next