Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

+7
WavemasterRyx
Moodyman90
hawkeye92
Aonee
Scootayay
Ketchup
Kippershy
11 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 8 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by Katarn Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:23 pm

LU201, near Myshkino
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

(Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z - Page 8 Empty Re: (Project Horizons Comment Crew) Day Z

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:29 pm

I see...

Bro and I are at the power station in between Balota and Cherno. Not in a position to help, sorry.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:31 pm

We have car, we can get you, if you want
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Maybe, I'll see if I can scrounge up some parts.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:03 pm

FINALLY got the damn game working!

Katarn wrote:Pick up we have scrap and will now loot around for wheels and other (glass is what you need last)

Nevermind- got myself killed.

Last edited by Meleagridis on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Katarn's local time is about 2AM, so I doubt he'll be on soon.

I've found one tire, we are in a low value industrial north of Cherno power station. We ended up on a laggy US server that was turning to night.

Oh, and Mel: Use this map for planning anything, it comes in handy a lot. The other resources on the site are useful as well. Knowing is literally half the battle in DayZ.
Also, being able to identify towns by sight is a very valuable skill, because getting lost is a terrible situation. I myself can recognize all southern coastal towns and a few in the southern-central area. Having navigation equipment like a compass and map are also great.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Yep.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:55 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Also, being able to identify towns by sight is a very valuable skill, because getting lost is a terrible situation.

As I found out. At least I can finally grasp some of the basics, now, but I don't see 'recognize towns on sight' happening soon.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:02 pm

It's a gradual thing. Playing with people who can recognize specific locations speeds it up a lot, too. If you do get lost, getting to the coast can help a lot if you know how to determine which town/city you are near. If not, landmarks help along with the online map.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:11 am

We've lost our car and half of the camp. More likely we will switch servers now.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:18 am

Oh, that's not good. Any idea how it happened?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:41 am

yes, some guy with night goggles or night vision traced our car to our camp and..killed my friend and almost killed me, we're migrating to another server and then I tell you where we will be.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Lol, switched server and when I run with my friends from zombies, after trying to find some wheels and engine parts, to repair car, that we found...we find two cars in bushes. Fluttershy
Now we have two hatchbacks and off-road truck.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Cool, they didn't hide their vehicles very well. 'Found' them. In the woods. Applejack
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:58 pm

A cool (but totally stupid) place to hide them would be in the hanger at Balota.

Hahaha, can you imagine it?

Player 1 opens up the doors one by one
Car 1 drives out
Car 2 drives out
Car 3 drives out
Player 1 closes the doors, hops in the pickup.

ooooh yeah.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks to server lag we now one car less, still have 1 hatchback and pickup. Also guys lose some loot.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:04 pm

That ladies and gentlemen, is how you leave a car.
I'm off to bed, night all.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Yeah, it was like. I was driving around 20 kmph and Kipp was like "Fuck this shit" and jumped off and run in the forrest
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm

By some twist of fate, my brother and I, despite bumbling around Cherno for about an hour without encountering any other survivors, were beset by some sniper. We had decided to loot the fire station, and I proposed that I go alone, as it was too risky for both of us. I was right, and as I entered Cherno, I was killed by a single shot in the leg, obviously from some guy who'd gone through all of the trouble of getting an M107, and gone back to the coast to ruin my day.

It is opportune that my most valuable possession wasn't overly rare--my G17--my AKM, ALICE pack, seven blood bags and some cans of water and food are gone. Fortunately, my brother took some of my equipment, including my antibiotics.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:27 pm

when we got back to our camp, we were ambushed by ~5 ppl. Got my pick up almost blown up, I was killed, my friends managed to kill 3 of them and wound one, but another logged off and then killed all, except one..so we are w/o cars and camp again...2 days straight....
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Tough luck, Katarn. Maybe you need better camp locations. I suggest northwest from Pavlovo, low traffic area.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:16 am

Damn man. That camp was well out of the way though?
I'm wondering how the fuck people are finding it.

I'm g;ad I scooted off when I did now, with how tired I was I wouldn't have lived at all either.
I mean, maybe I would've and maybe it would've made the difference, but I was tired as all hell so I highly doubt it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:37 am

That makes two of us Kipper, we both narrowly avoided death by bandit attacks by splitting up with our comrades.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Katarn, are you sure you guys weren't doing this when your camp was attacked? Because that'd do it.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Currently at the meeting barn in Vysota, in good shape.

Current state:
Weapons: Makarov, 4 magazines. PDW, no magazines. R870 3 pellet, 2 slug+3 2rd slug magazines. CZ 550, still only one magazine, need more.
Blood: 9.1k
Supply: 4 blood bags, 1 painkillers, 1 antibiotics, 4 bandages. Need morphine, in case of sudden bone breaks.
Canteen, can 'o beans+hunting knife/matches.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:57 am

When I do get back on day z, which wont be today - I'm just south of you. I plan to do a raid on cherno and this time, I'm going to be extra careful of anyone nearby and if anyone happens to come into view?

Fuck 'em.
I'll blast their fuckin' heads off.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:12 am

Yeah, next time I go near Cherno, I'm going to do an offensive sweep with my CZ. Nobody on the roof of any building that isn't hidden sufficiently shall be missed.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:20 am

I'm actually thinking of going atop of the roof of the industrial zone (once I've collected some food & drink) and simply waiting around for a little with my AKM.
I know it's loud, but with a zeroing feature and a good damage, I should be able to pick a lone straggler off or hell, maybe even a group of two or three if their weapons look weak enough/I get the jump.

Originally I didn't want to do any banditry, but now I've come to realise; fuck it. that's the only way to secure your safety and get anywhere - kill others.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 am

Go to options, video options, brightness all the way up and gamma 1.5

apparently makes it a lot better.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:20 am

Kippershy wrote:I'm actually thinking of going atop of the roof of the industrial zone (once I've collected some food & drink) and simply waiting around for a little with my AKM.
I know it's loud, but with a zeroing feature and a good damage, I should be able to pick a lone straggler off or hell, maybe even a group of two or three if their weapons look weak enough/I get the jump.

Originally I didn't want to do any banditry, but now I've come to realise; fuck it. that's the only way to secure your safety and get anywhere - kill others.
While I'd agree it is safer to wound/scare/kill others when you feel threatened, I cannot support actual banditry. Not only that, but staying in Cherno on a rooftop is dangerous, and someone with a scoped weapon might pick you off from a treeline.

All that being said, banditry is probably a lot of fun, but more dangerous than simple survival. So I wish you luck if you decide to commit to this plan.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next