Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

+31
chinman
iLateralGX
InLucidReverie
ISuckAtNaming
Scienza
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
cb5
Plasticube
CamoBadger
hawkeye92
Doctor Whooves
WovenTales
Luminous Lead
Icy Shake
Nhim
Admiral Stoic Rum
Stringtheory
Mech
O. Hinds
Valikdu
Fuzzy
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
Salculd
OneMoreDaySK
Cptadder
Kippershy
RoboRed
Aonee
Derpmind
35 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 14 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:29 am

Not sure if Mech or Fuzzy wants to post it here themselves so I'm not going to, but Mech just posted cover art for Book 2.

I'll say the same thing here as I did on dA, there are no words because it would only detract.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 14 Empty Re: Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:35 pm

It was cool

edit:

I especially like weathervane... I could stare at it for a long time, really its the best one for sure
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Plasticube wrote:SOoo this was stuck in my head, i needed to sketch this to stop humming the theme song.

Spoiler:

......I REGRET NOTHING

I cannot cease my laughter. Woe betide those trying to sleep in the near vicinity. This is fantastic. You got a gallery I can link back to for a tumblr spotlight?

Swagtastic Number Seven.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Plasticube wrote:SOoo this was stuck in my head, i needed to sketch this to stop humming the theme song.

Spoiler:

......I REGRET NOTHING
Great googley moogley I laughed so hard.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:29 am

right, just one more week to go and this waiting is killing me... these set dates just make it all the more hard to wait for new chapters to come out, lucky us they are practically novels. Like when i was a kid I would collect the animorphs books...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:35 am

Well, I like to think that having defined dates helps people set an expectation rather than constant unknowing of where it is. :p
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Plasticube Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Really? Well I think unexpected fan art is the best :)

Spoiler:

Feel free to re host and unleash upon the unsuspecting masses.

No i don't have a tumblr yet, might make one now that i have free time if I ever stop being lazy, mostly I lurk the forums and the IRC.

Plasticube
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:48 pm

That is joyfully weird and mentally entertaining to just look at. You bet that's going on. Look at him with the wings around em. My oh my. XD
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Fri May 03, 2013 9:41 am

Right, new chapter's up (I haven't been F5ing the hub page all day, honest... Well, maybe a bit)
Anyway, the Great Game. Going to put the soundtrack of the Undiscovered Country on for this- seems just the stuff for dark politics.
Review coming soon (tm)
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Another good chapter, Fuzzy.
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri May 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Yeah I read this in the car after work, amazing, I enjoyed it so much. Ragini is so much more than a side character, she's not a background character not anymore really. I envision Protege being voiced by Christopher Ayres,

it took me forever to find this audio clip

http://www.crystalacids.com/database/clips/10/1057.mp3

http://www.crystalacids.com/database/clips/25/2517.mp3
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat May 04, 2013 12:04 am

Chanlink Shackles is now Darth Vader?
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 04, 2013 1:56 am

Murky, I am your Father!!!

NO! NO!

wait does this mean the when murky is doing battle at the end, flailing about in the grips of some evil donkey's grip shackles has a change of heart and casts the ass down a huge shaft only die from doing so then ends up bringing balance to the whole of Filly?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun May 05, 2013 3:49 pm

found this error:
My does have sworn guards, multiple masters, an armoury and official backing with an expedition to those mountains.
Think you mean 'foes'
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun May 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Now I think he mean doe... A deer... A female deer.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon May 06, 2013 3:31 pm

swicked wrote:Dear Fuzzy,
Please open up chapter 18, hit ctrl-f and type in the word "hand".
Your pal,
swicked
Well it is in reference to a griffin, so that's more of a grey area, it's either talons or hands in my mind
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon May 06, 2013 4:09 pm

swicked wrote:Dear stringtheory,
Do that thing I told Fuzzy to do.
Your pal,
swicked
just did, not showing up anymore, guess he just fixed it.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon May 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Got em all, as well as other errors pointed out here. (That one you spotted was from an earlier draft, O. Hinds) Thanks folks!
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 07, 2013 1:16 am

Fuzzy wrote:Got em all, as well as other errors pointed out here. (That one you spotted was from an earlier draft, O. Hinds) Thanks folks!
So, if I might ask, what's the proper version?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue May 07, 2013 8:32 am

Been busy the past few days, but I did get some time to read on Sunday and finished it up.

Something that I may have missed an important line and I know had to be done in order for Murky to not be in the room at the time, but how comes Murky and Ragini wasn't allowed to stay but Wormtail was?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue May 07, 2013 10:56 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:Got em all, as well as other errors pointed out here. (That one you spotted was from an earlier draft, O. Hinds) Thanks folks!

I just deleted the mention of the device still being there. They took it with them.

Moodyman90 wrote:Been busy the past few days, but I did get some time to read on Sunday and finished it up.

Something that I may have missed an important line and I know had to be done in order for Murky to not be in the room at the time, but how comes Murky and Ragini wasn't allowed to stay but Wormtail was?

Bias. Their "party" if you will had enough sway to overrule anyone saying that back, it was an attempt to make him either have to be reduced to counter claim or to just accept it. He could lose support or lose pride. In such a situation, he chose to keep his head high.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

I just deleted the mention of the device still being there. They took it with them.
Why did Protege leave it with Murky, then? Extra stealth?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Alright, works for me.

I wouldn't mind if something happened to Wormtail again. Like say.... a freak nail to the tongue accident.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 07, 2013 11:20 pm

swicked wrote:Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 14 Serious11
Gloria, I’m all out of love! Tell me something honestly; am I the son of Job?
Gloria, tell me something true! Tell a story differently, I have faith in you!
Suppose that angel’s always walking by your side, crucified, I don’t find comfort in that lie.
Diaphobia is the fear of seeing god, I’m justified in everything around, not only in the sky.

...I love that song.
Chapter 19.

MNS19R:
Ugh, Swicked! Your Murgini (name provisional) is sapping my loyalty to Murkege, and I'm having trouble disliking it!
...Ragmurkege? :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed May 08, 2013 12:33 am

Am I being severely derpy and missing a Chapter 18 one or did I not get your thoughts on that one? I admit I was very curious to see what you thought given its abstract concepts. :p

...but, I guess, the unicorns among them just weren’t on-hand when he needed a fourth?

Sort of handwaved although admittedly it's a corner I noticed I'd wrote it into only afterwards. The handwave is generally that it had something to do with friendship = magic and needing unicorns with enough power of friendship to draw enough magic to save him. Was supposed to show again that Weathervane has a much deeper care for Murky that he really lets on. He is a very paternal character, really.

Although as I said. I fully admit that's a handwave.

So, the megaspell mostly-cured his wings, but left his lungs alone? Alright, then.

Explained in chapter 5. It doesn't affect taint. The Fluttershy healing spell it was based on (the one that healed widespread armies) was developed before taint was a thing, so it wouldn't have anything built into it to affect taint. Murky specifically asks about that in Chapter 5 for precisely this reason.

...I’ll need to do some research but in either FoE or PH wings are
stated to be really, really strong, which makes them very difficult to
damage or cripple. Obviously, if it was in PH then who cares... but if
it was in FoE then it could be an issue, I think...

PH was the one that has them being crazily resistant to damage. FOE stated them as being incredibly strong in motion which actually isn't too unlike some birds in real life that batter small prey with their wings. To my eye, they are very strong at their job (griffin wingblades etc) but they are still hollow bones fragile things to direct harm as physiology would hold true.

I can’t shake the feeling these wings, as non-functional as they are,
are just something to be taken away from him in the worst way possible. I
don’t want to denigrate ya, Fuzzy, as someone who would write something
like this in just for a future... whatever the trope is called. Kick
the dog, but much stronger...
Anyway, yeah, but I still feel like he’s just exposing a vulnerability, here.

Good. :p

That reminds me, I don’t think Chainlink’s ever called on a griffin
before. I mean, their contracts are directly through Red Eye. I wonder
what merit this has.

Yup. That's a very specific design decision. Griffins answer to the leader. The leader has the contract. The contract is with Red Eye. Add in Stern's fanatical following of Red Eye anyway even without the contract and I see the griffins as almost universally loyal and not the kind of slavers that Shackles would have much influence over.

Anyway, Wormtail’s still telling them to hand Murky over, which...
doesn’t make sense. He could just take Murky, they’re in no position to
stop him. Literally, they are not in the way.

You sort of explained it yourself there. Wormtail knows what Brimstone is capable of here and he doesn't want to take a step closer toward him. By insisting Murky come to him, he's trying not to give Brimstone even an inch to have a greater advantage to try anything. As the scene says, Wormtail's a coward. He's relying on bluff and trying to look big and tough to be in control of a situation using those around him as his shield with their weapons.

And unfortunately, as much as Brim has a good capability to punch above his weight even without weaponry, even he can't do much against assault rifles in a firing line concave. Every other time he's found ways to get around it, to stop them hitting him, to use something to shield and close the distance or just maintain surprise and momentum. Here they literally have him like a firing squad.

Wormtail: “Which didn’t even happen because Master is only resting
because he works very hard and deserves a vacation and he hit his head
on that fountain 26 times on purpose anyway just to show how awesome he
is and Brimstone was just helping him so that he wouldn’t strain his
neck but Brimstone should die anyway because he’s ugly and Master
doesn’t like looking at him and-“ *collapse*
Slaver: “Ugh, the slimy little sycophant forgot to breathe between praises, again.”

I like to think Wormtail sees Shackles like North Koreans see Kim Jong Un.

...if I could make one quick not-serious complaint (really), it always
feels like your fic should have more crazy people. Yes, you have
Wildcard, and pretty much everyone is some level of sadistic monster,
but there are so many colors of illogical madness you could be tapping
into here that you just don’t in favor of serious business :P
Somber has a lot of pretty little crazies and I’ve grown to love their rainbow madness <3
...but your way is good too, this is more of a preference :P

Oh I dunno, I've got Wicked Slit, Mister Peace, Wildcard, Barb to some extent, Mosin and Blunderbuck...okay maybe not rampant insanity but I like to think I have some quirky characters in there. :p

I could have sworn this was what Wormtail was, too.

Well spotted.

What the buck is there to be perplexed about? Murky was sent to the pit, then killed there.

Generally Red Eye would see at least a list of those being sent who weren't volunteers, I'd imagine. Given the only other group is those being punished for working against him or being alleged to have been. Red Eye knows Murky and doesn't see him as a pony he wants dead in the Pit, so him being perplexed is more a case of "Why was he there?"

I more than kinda wish you had let Murky say that line, Fuzzy... Ragini’s outburst was entirely uncalled-for.

Part of Ragini's character really. As you'll see next chapter she is very much one for seeing the simpler side of things and reacting without allowing any clarification or reason to cloud it. She looks on things at face value alone which can explain her sometimes condradictary behaviour (again next chapter). But I think you'll find some elements to enjoy of 20 then, if you like what she has here. I did want to give her a little more focus in the story after how popular she got much to my surprise.

By the by? Murky’s friends haven’t had to correct his trotting stance so much as once so far. Good sign, that is.

They will certainly be watching, but the attitude was meant to be positive for this chapter so his head is held high. Future chapters...weeell, you know Glimmer has her eye on him for such things. Coral too.

Of course, there is always another theory I'm not going to outright say as to why Weathervane said that... ;)

Can I take a personal moment? What, I can take anything I please, since this is my review? Awesome!
I’m a parent, as I don’t think you knew. Not even one year old yet. Looking at him, though... I really just feel powerless.
I
can’t stop the world. I can’t protect him. I can’t protect my spouse or
my family or anyone. All I can do is try, and that’s what I am doing.
I
honestly wonder if looking at a child is supposed to make the child’s
parent feel like you are saying. Make promises like that, and feel at
all comfortable with them.
I don’t know if I can even protect him
from himself. My greatest aspiration for him, put as simply as possible,
is “I hope he’ll be good.”
I’ve said it multiple times to him, my spouse, my parents... just people. I hope he’ll be good, because I’ll be sad if he’s not.

This actually really interests me, given Coral's place in the story and that her primary arc is that of her son. Interesting viewpoint and I am now very interested to see how the future of that story relates for you. :)

Sorry to hear the party didn't do as much for you, but glad you found elements of it to like. This was definitely a happier chapter so perhaps your grimdark side wouldn't find much. ;)

Thanks for the feedback though, corrected the typos and taken thoughts in mind for elements. (Mostly the parent element to think on for Coral) Your reviews are always good fun to look through with the images and suchlike. :)

Also, ship clashes? Oh my! Whichever shall prove to be the one that becomes more popular?
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed May 08, 2013 1:00 am

swicked wrote:Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - Page 14 Serious11
Gloria, I’m all out of love! Tell me something honestly; am I the son of Job?
Gloria, tell me something true! Tell a story differently, I have faith in you!
Suppose that angel’s always walking by your side, crucified, I don’t find comfort in that lie.
Diaphobia is the fear of seeing god, I’m justified in everything around, not only in the sky.

...I love that song.
Chapter 19.

MNS19R:

Hey, I know this is a bit unasked for, but all you can do for a child is teach them wrong from right. Set an example for how important the right is. After this it's a matter of life and how they learn to come into their own identity. I don't think it is possible to protect anyone or anything from the world, but what you can do is prepare them for it. I will have to learn when my own time to raise a son or daughter comes into my life. Good is always a matter of perception, so what may be good to some is not to others. Same with right or wrong for that matter. I guess one should consider the lily it does not worry about tomorrow or yesterday, and everything will be okay.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu May 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Unrelated to anything but I was getting excited that Murky Number Seven was going to update in time for my birthday again.

Then I remembered the story isn't on an every other week schedule like it use to. It's all good, it'll just be a late birthday gift rather than an early one haha.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri May 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Swicked, I know I've said this before but I always love your reviews. They're always so entertaining.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri May 10, 2013 11:26 pm

I scrolled down to hit "post reply" in another tab while reading it and then mousehweled back up.

And up.

And up.

That's some review size. :p
Spoiler:

Thanks for the review. Highly entertaining! Always a looked forward to result on each chapter launch. May I ask though, did you ever offer any thoughts on Chapter 18 while catching up? A lot of the crazier imagery and abstract natures I was interested to hear your thoughts on.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Swicked wrote:
Spoiler:
Hm, that's an interesting idea…
Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next