Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+39
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Rafafidi
Regolit
Paper Airplane
Jeremyrush
Valikdu
Mech
Cptadder
Scyto Harmony
Snipehamster
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
NoodleNugget
FeatherDust
Somber
Moodyman90
Katarn
Aonee
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
RandomBlank
RoboRed
Quotidian
Icy Shake
Rboy474
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
Orm
Ametros
OneMoreDaySK
Sindri
MrMagma
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Derpmind
Kippershy
Meleagridis
SilentCarto
43 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Derpmind wrote:Ok, wow, black looks WAY better. It would be great if you could change the default to this color, thank you.
I don't think it was grey a few hours ago... why would it be changed?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Fixed i made default color to black, we had some technical difficulties from my mistakes and i apologize to ya'll

Last edited by Nightfire on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Nightfire wrote:Fixed i made default color to black
Fluttershy
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Silent: Ooh, she was in Tenpony, that explains it a bit... or wait, where was the place Pinkie was in again? I know it has to be "conveniently placed in just such a location" so it'd be angled right, and I guess it can do that. But still, it means she went there, turned off the sheilds, ran all the way to tenpony, without anyone noticing, then again, doubt they check that often, but then again, it was the MoM building... ah, whatever.
Pinkie was at the MoM hub above the Hoofbeats club. However, if you recall Garnet's phone call, she said,
"Partypooper is activated. Your alpha target was Twilight Sparkle, but our sources say she’s in Maripony. So alpha is now Pinkie Pie."
The intent was for Psalm to sabotage the MoM shield, enter Tenpony as a maintenance worker, kill Twilight, then go to the roof and snipe Pinkie. Since Twi was out of pocket, she just skipped that and went straight to the sniper shot.

(although, with what Silent said, I'm a bit surprised Psalm made it off scot free from the blast, seeing how it messed up the tower a bit, despite the shields.)
Yeah, I was thinking of that myself, but I guess that's why she ran for her riot gear when Cloudsdayle exploded. Anyway, her scope could see through walls, so she could get down behind the roof edge and still see everything. I think it was just the radiant heat that scorched the front of the building, anyway, so as long as she was out of a direct line of sight she should be fine.

As for BM, what I recalled it being described in PH, he kinda just stood around, argued some with the others, then fell down. Again, I could likely be wrong or mix him with someone else, but that's how I recalled that flashback being described. And he was supposed to be in his power armour if I recall right. Going with how "it was our own bullet tha' killed mah brother" AJ mentioned. Again, I have worthless memory xD
If you have a bad memory, why not just look it up? Lyra
"Macintosh spotted something and gave a yell… and then there was a shot. He went down."
Mac was wearing ordinary body armor, not unlike Celestia's guards. Power armor was developed in response to his death.

Derpmind wrote:Gargh, Blackjack had one of those super-memories of the assassin before she got cyberized, right?
Yes, it was during the night at the Collegium in Ch. 28. That is to say, the evening after retrieving Lacunae from her catatonia...

Last edited by SilentCarto on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:08 pm

oh my, look at that my opinion had weight, I'm feeling mighty special right now... just let me bask in it for a moment///
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Nightfire wrote:hmm this i will change to black <3
I like the black text!
It's silly and not at all urgent, but I'd like to see a wider selection of emoticons, myself. In particular, I find a lack of a simple, friendly smile other than the little tiny Lyra one. (As in, a smile that indicates you're not being sarcastic.)
By the way, I don't see the Chrysalis one in there yet... if you added it...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Derpmind wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Cloudsvilleinverted
Guys? Guys, I think I'm trippin' out...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:32 pm

oh I like skin op ntions
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:39 pm

huh? How did you changed that?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Katarn wrote:huh? How did you changed that?

I know on mac to flip colors it's control+option+command+8

(yay, finally all caught up!)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Guh, apparently I accidentally deleted my post. Somehow. :( And anyways, I'm on Windows, and I took a screenshot, ported it into Paint, and inverted the colors.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Guys? Guys, I think I'm trippin' out...
...My profile pic looks awesome inverted. Gimme a minnit...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:57 pm

xD that looks awesome <3 i photoshop mine later and neon glow it

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:02 am

O. Hinds wrote:By the way, I've done some more research, and it turns out that the problem I'm having with Fo3 is quite common and apparently the fault of the game itself rather than Wine. I've yet to find a solution, though; I've tried editing FALLOUT.ini (though if anyone here has suggestions for different edits, please let me know), I'm already using d3d9.dll, and I know that my computer can actually handle it since NV runs fine (for a Bethesda game). Any advice here for fixing the "crash on new game" problem?

I really don't know how Macs work, but here is one of the things I did to get rid of the New Game Crash error:
-Edit the file FALLOUT.ini.
-Inside FALLOUT.ini look for a group called [general].
-Inside the general group, after all the configuration parameters, just copy and paste the following 2 lines:

bUseThreadedAI=1
iNumHWThreads=2

Now close and save the Fallout 3 configuration file.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:07 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:By the way, I've done some more research, and it turns out that the problem I'm having with Fo3 is quite common and apparently the fault of the game itself rather than Wine. I've yet to find a solution, though; I've tried editing FALLOUT.ini (though if anyone here has suggestions for different edits, please let me know), I'm already using d3d9.dll, and I know that my computer can actually handle it since NV runs fine (for a Bethesda game). Any advice here for fixing the "crash on new game" problem?

I really don't know how Macs work, but here is one of the things I did to get rid of the New Game Crash error:
-Edit the file FALLOUT.ini.
-Inside FALLOUT.ini look for a group called [general].
-Inside the general group, after all the configuration parameters, just copy and paste the following 2 lines:

bUseThreadedAI=1
iNumHWThreads=2

Now close and save the Fallout 3 configuration file.
Well, I tried that earlier, but it occurs to me that I didn't try that in conjunction with something else I tried. Let's see and hope for the best...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 am

Derpmind wrote:Guh, apparently I accidentally deleted my post. Somehow. :( And anyways, I'm on Windows, and I took a screenshot, ported it into Paint, and inverted the colors.

Nightfire wrote:xD that looks awesome <3 i photoshop mine later and neon glow it

*feels superior because macs have this as a built in thing* Spike
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:11 am

No good. Thank you for the idea, though.

stringtheory, I don't suppose that you've any input?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 am

Well before im done working, is there anything ya'll want me to do or fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:25 am

O. Hinds wrote:

I used the d3d9.dll fix to get past the crash on new game issue on my bootcamp-ed mac, but the game kept freezing up every 2-3 minutes, plus my laptop's fan were working overtime, so I decided that it wasn't worth it

from what I heard from the Bethesda support forum, fallout 3 had a more stringent requirements towards shader support, and skyrim and new vegas don't, so that's why it doesn't run on an intel hd 3000 (I assume that's what you have, because that's what I have)

so unless you don't care about the health of your graphics 'card' (and since the graphics 'card' is integrated with your processor, you'll also damage that as well), my opinion is save up for a cheap pc with an actual graphics card (that's what I'm doing), sorry

swicked wrote:Does that work with firefox and chrome?
Windows has a high-contrast mode that's similar, but it doesn't change chrome's color scheme, just windows'...

yes it works with every program because I think it's an actual BIOS thing, not OS or program level
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:54 am

stringtheory wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

I used the d3d9.dll fix to get past the crash on new game issue on my bootcamp-ed mac, but the game kept freezing up every 2-3 minutes, plus my laptop's fan were working overtime, so I decided that it wasn't worth it

from what I heard from the Bethesda support forum, fallout 3 had a more stringent requirements towards shader support, and skyrim and new vegas don't, so that's why it doesn't run on an intel hd 3000 (I assume that's what you have, because that's what I have)

so unless you don't care about the health of your graphics 'card' (and since the graphics 'card' is integrated with your processor, you'll also damage that as well), my opinion is save up for a cheap pc with an actual graphics card (that's what I'm doing), sorry
More stringent than NV? ...System requirements are supposed to go in the other direction! Then again, it is Bethesda... And yes, Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Ugh. Well, I'll leave the files on my desktop for a bit, but, unless someone else thinks of something, it looks like I'll just go back to not planning to play Fo3.

Thank you for the information.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:02 am

In PH news, I've heard back from Somber regarding the scorching of the tower but not of the sniper; our grey goddess has said that SilentCarto was correct.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:03 am

Derpmind wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:My takeaway from that vision was, first, information about the Souleater, and second the implication that the ultimate goal here is to destroy it or remove it from the planet.
Why do you think whatever Project Horizons is is a good thing? Remember, the vision is what would have happened if Sanguine had been given EC-1101, and he gave it to whoever was talking to him through the terminal seen in Deus's memory orb. If anything, Project Horizons probably uses and empowers the Souleater to some end.

Oh, sorry, sorry, you're talking about the vision of the future with evil P-21. I thought you meant the dream of the stars, that's in 34 though.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 3670107347I can't brain today, I have the dumb.

Ok, anyway: I'm not assuming Horizons is a good thing inherently, but I think whatever it is can be re-purposed to fight the Souleater.

I don't know if the vision was supposed to be "this is what happens when PH goes online". If anything, I read it as that just being the future that happens if the city gets to do whatever it wants -- that's the "if you don't act" ending. In other words, not PH in specific, but all the secret projects unleashed to do whatever insanity they were made for.

Gargh, Blackjack had one of those super-memories of the assassin before she got cyberized, right? I can't remember or find where it was, and I know that it's not Silver Stripe's memories coming in through the cyber implants (stupid crazy overactive brain) but I can't conclusively strike that crazy theory out without that piece of proof. Which I can't find.
The first Assassin dream was in ch28, well before her cyborging. It was after escaping from the Necropolis and snapping Lacunae out of her catatonic state, either of which could have been involved. I suspect the later is when she picked that all up, though; we know Psalm is inside the Goddess since a piece of her was inside Lacunae's mind, so that's probably when BJ got all those bits of Psalm's memory (though Lacunae denies knowing anything about it).

This most recent Assassin Vision is interesting to me because it explains how Psalm got inside the Goddess. She went to Maripony post-strike to make sure Twilight was dead and got Unity'd.

Edit: OH! And that's why Tarot is important! Operation Party Pooper murdered everyone who was in the line of succession for EC-1101, including any offspring who would be allowed to use it, but nobody knew that Tarot was a valid successor.

By the way, are we pretty sure Rarity was the mother there, or do we still suspect Twilight (with shenanigans* to keep the door in Tenpony closed**)?

* Presumably P21 locking it the mundane way using a hairpin so it wouldn't open even if the spell did recognize BJ.

** Because the society wouldn't let a direct descendant of Twilight out of their sight and/or couldn't be trusted with whatever was behind the door.

Last edited by FeatherDust on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:18 am; edited 3 times in total
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:03 am

O. Hinds wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
More stringent than NV? ...System requirements are supposed to go in the other direction! Then again, it is Bethesda... And yes, Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Ugh. Well, I'll leave the files on my desktop for a bit, but, unless someone else thinks of something, it looks like I'll just go back to not planning to play Fo3.

Thank you for the information.

yeah, supposedly the reason why they made skyrim and NV more accessible was because of pressure from intel and people like us who have laptops with integrated graphics cards
have some copy-paste from the bethesda topic:
As for why Fallout 3 won't run on an Intel and Skyrim and NV will? The shaders seems to be the cause. The Fallout 3 shaders required support greater than what the Intels were capable of. Intel appartently 'fake' anything above Shader Support 2.0 via the drivers rather than actually building the hardware to support it. Fallout 3 isn't fooled by the driver based support and thus crashes. For New Vegas and Skyrim, the shaders were actually a lot more Intel friendly and may have been scaled back a tad.

though I will have to try editing the main .ini file, will see how that goes
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:21 am

I really wish I had that problem again so I could help. So you've done the .ini edits, as well as the d3d9.dll fix, right?

Wait... There are two FALLOUT.ini files: one in the game folders, and one wherever the saved games go. Have you tried editing the one in the saved games? Also, how big is your d3d9.dll file? There was one I tried that was huge and didn't work, then I got a smaller one, which worked.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:31 am

FeatherDust wrote:
By the way, are we pretty sure Rarity was the mother there, or do we still suspect Twilight (with shenanigans* to keep the door in Tenpony closed**)?

* Presumably P21 locking it the mundane way using a hairpin so it wouldn't open even if the spell did recognize BJ.

** Because the society wouldn't let a direct descendant of Twilight out of their sight and/or couldn't be trusted with whatever was behind the door.

wait wait wait. I thought Blackjack DID open the door. it just wasnt the one the twilight society wanted open. Remember when she went to go get the magic training book. I thought that was the door. especially because of Lifebloom's(?) reaction and the whole contents of the room, and the sequence of opening that door.
Or am I not thinking right?

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:44 am

stringtheory wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

yeah, supposedly the reason why they made skyrim and NV more accessible was because of pressure from intel and people like us who have laptops with integrated graphics cards
have some copy-paste from the bethesda topic:
As for why Fallout 3 won't run on an Intel and Skyrim and NV will? The shaders seems to be the cause. The Fallout 3 shaders required support greater than what the Intels were capable of. Intel appartently 'fake' anything above Shader Support 2.0 via the drivers rather than actually building the hardware to support it. Fallout 3 isn't fooled by the driver based support and thus crashes. For New Vegas and Skyrim, the shaders were actually a lot more Intel friendly and may have been scaled back a tad.

though I will have to try editing the main .ini file, will see how that goes

My laptop has the Intel HD 3000 as well for integrated, but it also has dedicated Radeon HD 6630M - which the configuration of FO3 recognises - but neither works. I only get a black screen upon launching the game - doesn't even make it to the menu.

On my other computer - a desktop - I could play it technically, but it would often freeze - often unpredictably. I managed to mostly play long enough to reach level 20, but then the freezes returned every 5-15 seconds after loading that game...
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:49 am

NoodleNugget wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:

wait wait wait. I thought Blackjack DID open the door. it just wasnt the one the twilight society wanted open. Remember when she went to go get the magic training book. I thought that was the door. especially because of Lifebloom's(?) reaction and the whole contents of the room, and the sequence of opening that door.
Or am I not thinking right?

Yes, Blackjack opened A door. Lifebloom's reaction, plus how untouched the room was, strongly suggests it was locked and could only be opened by Twilight. However, keeping that in mind, it's quite possible that it would also allow her friends through as well, and quite likely the princesses.

As it is, we really can't make a call one way or the other, until given more information.

Side note: My crazy theory of Blackjack being descended from Luna is STILL valid - it just remains not very likely. Sweetie Belle
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:00 am

FeatherDust wrote:
By the way, are we pretty sure Rarity was the mother there, or do we still suspect Twilight?
I'm actually starting to suspect it was definitely Rarity.
For some reason when the dialogue came up on the computer reacting to EC-1101 before Spike's message, I just got this huge feeling that Rarity covering up the "death" of Fluttershy's child was the reason for Fluttershy saying, "You kept my secret" (or however she put it) in that Marigold memory orb.
It's pure speculation, and could easily be totally wrong (like most of my theories about Rampage, and well... most of my theories about anything), but it could work.

CalamityWhen wrote:Side note: My crazy theory of Blackjack being
descended from Luna is STILL valid - it just remains not very
likely.
I still like AJxCelestia= Pip and TwixLuna= BJ.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:08 am

FeatherDust wrote:By the way, are we pretty sure Rarity was the mother there, or do we still suspect Twilight (with shenanigans* to keep the door in Tenpony closed**)?
I'm still pretty sure that Tarot's genetic mother is Twilight. The timing fits, the placement fits, and the other door and the book in Tenpony seem to support it. I have yet to see any indication that Rarity was ever pregnant, and I have seen no explanation for what happened to "Maripony" and Macintosh's child if it wasn't Tarot.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:23 am

Meh, I just want Blackjack to have Twilight genes so she can go OP after the radboom event even with a compact horn. *cue compensation jokes*
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next