Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Scienza
Ketchup
Craterfist
Tytan
Aonee
Scyto Harmony
Admiral Stoic Rum
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
Katarn
Valikdu
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Moodyman90
CamoBadger
cb5
Frost
25 posters

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:10 am

Last wrote:
It's sketchy. They list other games using their software as a bullet point, but looking around their site I didn't see mention of other companies showing interest. Maybe their hoping for it later but right now it seems dishonest. They also mention that if you buy it now you'll be securing it for a low price, but if you check out their FAQ they state that you will be charged a fee for major updates.

Right now the thing seems sketchy. Maybe I'm being paranoid though.

I also have to question how accurate something that uses the webcam would be. The kinect that in all honesty I don't know much about was built around the idea of motion controls and from what I've heard and seen but have not experienced first hand isn't very good at it. So I'm skeptical that a cheap webcam can detect eye and eyebrow movement like they're saying it will be able to.

You make a valid point, I myself never really thought to take a gander at the rest of their site. It does seem a little too good to be true, but I'm trying to be optimistic. Not that I'm going to give them any of my money, I just hope this turns out to be a thing.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:31 am

Ironmonger wrote: Not that I'm going to give them any of my money,

That's generally a good idea. These crowd funding things have people spending money on something that more often than not doesn't, at least not at the moment exist. So there's always a risk that the product you invested in might never exist.

Ironmonger wrote: I just hope this turns out to be a thing.

It's a very neat idea. If it does come out I imagine 3d artists will absolutely be swamped with comissions. It'd be cool to see in PNP and other RPGs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:40 am

Last wrote:
It's a very neat idea. If it does come out I imagine 3d artists will absolutely be swamped with comissions. It'd be cool to see in PNP and other RPGs.

I'd totally commission someone to make a portrait of Cast Iron and my other male characters. Little accessories like that in an RPG would make it a fucking awesome experience, as long as it doesn't bog things down.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:58 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 995272_10151763922812127_1520172690_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:04 am

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:37 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 511495__safe_animated_wat_artist-colon-immatoonlink_triangle_particle+mare_triangle+mare
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:43 am

I finally have my desktop in a place away from people and most noise. That said, I don't have much else to do before I can start recording for my Let's Plays. I'll link you guys the channel when I have everything set up.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:50 am

Sounds like a plan Iron.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:21 pm

We were having a little fun with templates elsewhere, when someone came out with this.
'A little' turned to a lot, for me.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 XiNXB82
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:24 pm

Now that I'm finally awake, Happy 2014 you guys.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:35 pm

@ Kipp': Now that's what I call beating a dead horse
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:39 pm

@Kipper
Well, good stories aren't for everyone. Spike Seriously, though, it's becoming hard to be objective about the story with how dumb and asshatterous most of the criticisms are. I can understand some of them - mostly just the ones from about half a year ago, I guess, about how a lot of the middle of the story could do with some refocusing on other things (don't agree with WHAT should be changed, mind you, but I do think that there's stuff that could be trimmed to make room for other stuff) - but lately it's been like, "Well, we can sort of make this fit, so let's do it!" It's just a mean game, now, played by self-righteous bullying jerks. If ever I want that, I can visit tumblr. /shrug I knew this was exactly what it was from the beginning, mind you, but it's not nice to be right about people sometimes.

Also, you should link that image, it's not happy about the table size or whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:09 pm

I'm actually very curious about why the original FoE is venerated so highly. As the original it was fairly good and worthy of respect, the core idea seems ridiculous on paper but it pulled it off, but I wouldn't call it great or unrivaled. I felt like most of the characters were too static and didn't undergo much development until near the end of the story where it really didn't matter. Several areas and organizations also weren't explored in depth. I like what it set up, but it deserves to be expanded on. Why is it treated with an almost religious reverence where any deviation is treated as heresy?
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:Why is it treated with an almost religious reverence where any deviation is treated as heresy?
Man if that's the case I'm going to be put at the stake when I'll start releasing the thing I'm working on. Applebloom
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:00 pm

http://micthemicrophone.tumblr.com/post/71862562557/tohino-zuperblog-pokemon-sculptures-by
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:04 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:http://micthemicrophone.tumblr.com/post/71862562557/tohino-zuperblog-pokemon-sculptures-by
Those are pretty sweet. I especially like the Blastoise, great concept.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:http://micthemicrophone.tumblr.com/post/71862562557/tohino-zuperblog-pokemon-sculptures-by
That motherfucking Blastoise. Oh gods yes...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:04 pm

RoboRed wrote:
That motherfucking Blastoise. Oh gods yes...
I approve of the concept of pokemon being cybernetically enhanced animals.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Lol:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Tytan wrote:
Lol:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 8h9pW
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:21 pm

It's bad to forget what it felt like to be a child.
I consider myself to have had a good, protected childhood, and even then I remember it as filled with frustration, humiliation, and quite a lot of other negative feelings which have left on me more of an impact than all the good parts may have.

Fuck that feel-goody bullshit. I will without regret leave this part of my past behind.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Spoiler:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Shit, fellas, I'm sure my childhood was no more traumatic than anyone else's. I'm thinking the "inner child" stuff is more about feeling wonder and curiosity and being able to shake off cynicism enough to play Pokemans or what-have-you than recollections of a perfect idyllic past, though, y'know? More about the experience of being a child than the actual experiences you had. Doesn't have to be all good stuff, either. I dunno.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:56 pm

I love how most discussions goes here.
Poster1: *some light attitude and positive thing*
Poster2: *describes same situation, but in more dark ways*
Poster3: *adds something on top to what Poster2 said*
????
Katt/Kipp: *Dolphin anatomy*
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
I consider myself to have had a good, protected childhood, and even then I remember it as filled with frustration, humiliation, and quite a lot of other negative feelings which have left on me more of an impact than all the good parts may have.

Fuck that feel-goody bullshit. I will without regret leave this part of my past behind.
This is essentially me now. Well-off parents, many other 'good' things that a kid can have growing up, and I get very high marks in school. But that doesn't prevent me from inventing standards to live up to, or feeling humiliated from every little thing, or feeling like a complete failure.
I look forward to knowing more and growing up, hopefully leaving all this crap behind me. Teenage angst isn't fun, as you all know.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:I'm actually very curious about why the original FoE is venerated so highly. As the original it was fairly good and worthy of respect, the core idea seems ridiculous on paper but it pulled it off, but I wouldn't call it great or unrivaled. I felt like most of the characters were too static and didn't undergo much development until near the end of the story where it really didn't matter. Several areas and organizations also weren't explored in depth. I like what it set up, but it deserves to be expanded on. Why is it treated with an almost religious reverence where any deviation is treated as heresy?
Good god, Velvet Remedy...
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:22 pm

WHY DO I STILL HAVE THESE FEELINGS!?

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:24 pm

Scienza wrote:
Downloaded Skill wrote:I'm actually very curious about why the original FoE is venerated so highly. As the original it was fairly good and worthy of respect, the core idea seems ridiculous on paper but it pulled it off, but I wouldn't call it great or unrivaled. I felt like most of the characters were too static and didn't undergo much development until near the end of the story where it really didn't matter. Several areas and organizations also weren't explored in depth. I like what it set up, but it deserves to be expanded on. Why is it treated with an almost religious reverence where any deviation is treated as heresy?
Good god, Velvet Remedy...
Now you know how people outside the FoE subniche feel about the FoE universe as a whole.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:51 pm

Reading through this thread has me the most entertained I have been thus far this year: http://www.funnyjunk.com/Ed+edd+and+eddy/funny-pictures/4952635/
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Those are pretty sweet. I especially like the Blastoise, great concept.

Ooooh those are neat. I'd have to disagree on Blastoise. Looks like he's designed by alienware. Love that Venusaur and Gyrados though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next