Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+5
Fuzzy
Vergil
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
9 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 18 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Vergil Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:15 am

RoboRed wrote:Well, got some games in (finally). Good news: had a lot of fun. Bad news: I played shitty. And Vergil wasn't with me (he was playing stupid Skyrim). Also, my mods didn't get installed correctly, so I had to play without being able to hear gunfire. And you would not BELIEVE how much that throws me off. Sniper mode was messed up - had to use shift to activate it. I'm not sure if that was the new crosshairs or QB's XVM pack or what. Slipping my voice pack in place of the ingame_voice_en file didn't work. Apparently there's more to the national voices than I first thought. For now, it's either use that for everything, or be stuck with the crummy English voices part of the time.

IN other, happier news, I was searching phontoman's youtube for vids or comments on the upcoming Japanese Chi-Ha (he loves the Chinese one), when I found this little gem:

Some people just need to sit back and uninstall this game...
In my defense, I'd played tanks pretty much the whole day before that (and my building was on fire for part of it).
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 18 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Vergil Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:37 pm

I am officially in love with the 30.02 (M)
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:07 pm

I got enough cash for my 30.02 M. Unfortunately, I haven't enough to outfit it yet, nor train the crew from my 30.01H.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Well...this day has been crap...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:39 pm

RoboRed wrote:Well...this day has been crap...
Where'd you go? =(
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:07 am

Bed. Lost will to do anything. Felt like crap. Wasn't doing that great anyways. Was tired anyways.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:08 am

RoboRed wrote:Bed. Lost will to do anything. Felt like crap. Wasn't doing that great anyways. Was tired anyways.
Sorry to hear that...I was on tanks and everything before I realized you'd bailed.

I have a fix for the hangar music I can use by the way, but it would require a separate file.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:11 am

I'll try to be on for a little bit at some point today. I really want to have a game with you this weekend.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:17 am

Jesus, just when I thought it was only Quickybaby's fanbase made up of complete imbeciles.

Jingles put up his Centurion 1 review, which after leaving only one reply on it about why it's a particularly terrible tank I get barraged by a bunch of rabbiting morons voting one another up going OMG YOU JUST SUCK PLAYING IT despite none of them knowing my stats at all. Just because Jingles said he liked it and of COURSE they have to follow what their lord and master says regardless of the reality.

Typical internet.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:18 am

YouuuuTuube.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:32 am

Someone can do well in a tank and not like it. People don't seem to realize that.
For example, I have a 55% win rate in the T32 and fairly good stats in damage and such with it. And I disliked the T32 to various degrees.
I have better stats in the Patton M46 than I do in the M103, and I love the latter and dislike the former.

But I love my Centurion. Maybe the increased credit gains make it more fun to play.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:46 am

I just simply cannot see the Centurion as anything but an insult to the real life thing.

No armour andd vulnerable to arty when the Centurion was legendary for being resilient on exposed mountaintops to whole barrages of artillery and tank fire without taking losses. Wg both ignores this and forces us to use the inferior Centurion I prototype hull while other ones like the Russian tanks get their most powerful varients of hulls used (See - T-54 which gets the one special 120mm frontal varient and not the one with lesser armour that came first.) Also ignores that Centurion steel was vastly stronger than Russian steel.

Awful camouflage rating so it always gets seen paired up with being about 10% larger than it actually was. Put a Centurion 7/1 beside an M3 Stuart and compare their .30 Brownings, the Centurion is way larger than it should be and thus is even easier to kill.

Side strike plates actually make the tank unable to sidescrape. They deflect shots into the side armour worse than if it didn't have them at all. WG designed this in specifically, which the community has already called them out on.

Focusses on DPM but doesn't have the penetration, armour or ROF to back it up, it fires once and then gets obliterated by everyone else (bad camo means it WILL appear) because it lost its accuracy advantage in 8.6.

Has a glitched ammo rack that gets struck even if a tier 6 tank fires a tier 5 gun at your frontal armour almost every time, no matter where hits. (And it will penetrate)

Supposedly meant to use hull down, but anything tier 7 and up goes right through the mantlet almost every time.

Just an absolute disaster of a tank and a mockery of one of history's most legendary vehicles, all out of spite on the part of WG, just because it repeatedly wrecked Soviet vehicles.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:06 pm

Fuzzy wrote:I just simply cannot see the Centurion as anything but an insult to the real life thing.

No armour andd vulnerable to arty when the Centurion was legendary for being resilient on exposed mountaintops to whole barrages of artillery and tank fire without taking losses. Wg both ignores this and forces us to use the inferior Centurion I prototype hull while other ones like the Russian tanks get their most powerful varients of hulls used (See - T-54 which gets the one special 120mm frontal varient and not the one with lesser armour that came first.) Also ignores that Centurion steel was vastly stronger than Russian steel.

Awful camouflage rating so it always gets seen paired up with being about 10% larger than it actually was. Put a Centurion 7/1 beside an M3 Stuart and compare their .30 Brownings, the Centurion is way larger than it should be and thus is even easier to kill.

Side strike plates actually make the tank unable to sidescrape. They deflect shots into the side armour worse than if it didn't have them at all. WG designed this in specifically, which the community has already called them out on.

Focusses on DPM but doesn't have the penetration, armour or ROF to back it up, it fires once and then gets obliterated by everyone else (bad camo means it WILL appear) because it lost its accuracy advantage in 8.6.

Has a glitched ammo rack that gets struck even if a tier 6 tank fires a tier 5 gun at your frontal armour almost every time, no matter where hits. (And it will penetrate)

Supposedly meant to use hull down, but anything tier 7 and up goes right through the mantlet almost every time.

Just an absolute disaster of a tank and a mockery of one of history's most legendary vehicles, all out of spite on the part of WG, just because it repeatedly wrecked Soviet vehicles.
1. Good to know that isn't the real hull. I figured it couldn't be, the armour is simply too weak.
The armour strength is a 'balance' thing. Or, bullshit.

2. It's about as big as a T32 and a bit, I think. It is oversized, obviously, but I've never compared it to anything, really.

3. They don't seem to do anything. The armour is simply too thin, but I can't say if it works on HEAT.

4. I think it does have the penetration and accuracy for a DPM tank. More pen and accuracy than the M46, but that's meant to circle or something. ROf is slightly lacking, but it's an excellent support tank, like the Cromwell(but it can do other things too), methinks.

5. I completely agree. Took a hit that would have gone diagonally towards the tracks, hitting the rack. As if it was at the driver's feet.

6. I don't experience this. I bounce stuff with it all the time, up to 120mm-class guns. But only with the mantlet.

Historically, it was an excellent design and served exceptionally, and I like it enough.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Still love it ingame despite everything apparently wrong with it.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:12 pm

The side strike plates do nothing. They are only 6mm thick and were designed to simply stop artillery shrapnel. (WG seems to think they do nothing at all for this, which is a very Russian belief as their historical designers didn't believe it either. Science since has shown they were wrong but many die hard Cold War era Russians still stick to old beliefs despite being proven wrong) In the game however they count as spaced armour regardless of that anything will overmatch it outside Tier 1.

The issue arises that in WoT mechanics, a shot that hits spaced armour will normalise its angle into the armour angle before penetrating further. In theory that makes spaced armour better and in practice it does, because shots lose a lot of penetration power after striking a spaced armour section (as they lose the spaced armour thickness' amount from their penetration value.)

But because they overmatch a Centurion and thus lose no penetration power on hitting its side skirts, the only effect they have on the tank is to make side shots penetrate more because they still normalise the shot, worse than if they didn't have the side skirts at all. The mathematical outcome is that while the majority of tanks can autobounce from angles of 70+ degrees on the side, the Centurion can only autobounce from about 85+ degrees. It is the only tank in the game that this happens for. If they actually removed the spaced armour it'd be stronger.

naturally, this would never happen in reality. Shells don't normalise the way they do in WoT.

It's just WG trying to actively make it worse and go DURR HURR LOLOL STUPID WESTERN STRIKEPLATES in spite.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Bit of short news:

T57 Heavy and Foch will be nerfed in 9.0

KV-1S split into KV-85 and KV-122 will not happen immediately (9.1 onwards)

Low to mid tier tanks will be buffed in 8.9, unspecified which ones

Mid tier artillery will be buffed in 8.9

Tanks that will NOT get a buff: AMX 50B, AMX 13 75, T95, T43, Jagdtiger, JgTig 8.8 (regarding Tiger II chasis buff/nerf), KV-5, Maus.

Bonuses for "tanking" will come in future. ie - Extra credits/exp for taking tons of potential damage

Object 430 will appear in future

RU251 Russian Light Tank will appear, as will the American Walker Bulldog

Q: You’re such a fans of “historically accurate” tanks. Do you plan to make IS-7 historically correct?
A: No. If we do this, we will have to move him up to Tier 12 or higher.

Hahaha...yeah no. IS-7 wouldn't even be tier 9 if it were historical. Freaking Russian fanboys.

Q: When can we expect to see garage battles?
A: Probably never. We do not think it’s a good idea.

Translated as "We don't want to admit War Thunder is right."

lastly, the IS-3 has been confirmed to be getting...

Get this.

An armour buff.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:59 pm

If I ever start going Chinese,

I think I'll need to get myself the WZ-132
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:23 pm

The IS-3 doesn't need more armour. It is protected from T8 vehicles and(from what I know, T9 mediums) to the front of the hull in many situations, and the sides and front of the turret are pretty much proof. There's also the spaced armour on the side.
But hey, "the grass is always greener" and all that crap.

What would the Walker Bulldog do? The exact same thing as the Chaffee? It's iconic, but it would be at a disadvantage with scout MM.
As a T6 fighting vehicle it would do well. Powerful gun with ROF, and good speed/acceleration, but poor armour and HP pool. Kinda like a Cromwell.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Well, I love the Centurion in game, even if WG did their best to completely screw it over (and they have), but at least I find it fun to play.

I find it has enough pen- I take tier tens out with it soemtimes, although it is true I don't end up racking up bit damage scores despite it being a DPM tank.

If anyone's wondering the Centurion's hull should match the width and length dimensions of a Pershing pretty closely, it's something like a foot longer and a couple inches wider/narrower (which is why I bought a 1/16 Pershing to convert into a Centurion), I forget which. It's a pretty easy way to tell if they've upscled it or just fail at making machine gun models.

The artillery thing- the Centurion in Korea was only being shelled by 100-150mm artillery, which is the stuff only found on SPGs up to about tier three. In World of Tanks the SPGS at higher tiers are fancifully large and SPG mechanics are extremely generous even without the whole 'finger of god' thing going on.
Would be interesting to see what happens if you shell them with historically accurate guns though.

and youtube will be youtube I guess. People on a gaming channel aren't going to be interested in historical accuracy too much or not understand that you can dislike a tank because of anything other than gameplay reasons. Personally I hate the stuff they dd to the Centurions, the Centurion 1 especially, but I play it because it fits with my playstyle and is the closest thing to a Centurion 3 I'm ever going to get. Would be nice if someone could do a remodel to Centurion 3 hull but people don't even make skins for the thing other than the Sho't Israeli tanks so a fan made model is stretching it some.

I also bought the Maus today btw.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:33 pm

hawkeye92 wrote:I also bought the Maus today btw.
Mazel tov !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Finally got around to playing the T29 with Vergil. Did alright. We had to call it early because the servers shat on us.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 18 Shot_001_zpsb9b1171d
Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 18 Shot_002_zps3a2213fe
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Well, I did a test in a training room with a Crusader vs a Centurion and yes, the sides can be penetrated to do damage through the side plate at a 10-15 degree angle.

Against the VK3001H with one millimetre more of armour on the side, you need to be at 20-30 degrees to penetrate, anything less autobounces or does track damage.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:25 pm

#stillcan'tstopdroolingoverSTB-1

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 18 13
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:12 pm

News:

- SerB doesn’t consider it a problem that with the gun accuracy buff, several heavily armored vehicles (T95, Tortoise) get critted more often

Funnily enough, none of the vehicles affected are Russian.

- the hit ration of inaccurate derp guns rose with the gun accuracy buff “proportionally with the rest of the guns”

So now they're outright admitting that derpguns came out better. The entire point was they hit less than other guns, now that doesn't exist as a weakness.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Ouch.

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Although derpguns did gain the most from the patch, it still didn't take away the other inherent weakness of aimtime, which is still pretty glacial and the shots do miss a lot compared to other guns. I was in a full KV-2 platoon tonight and the vulnerabilities of the gun got everyone killed on multiple occasions.

Although it was still a fun night. I got a Top Gun. By the time I got to five kills everyone was so impressed that the whole team let me travel across the map to kill the last guy. Apart from an IS though who my platoon mates tracked and a random jgpanther blocked the way of.
Which was very nice of everyone.

I do agree though that the heavily armoured vehicles got the worst end of the stick though, qith their weakspots now horribly vulnerable.
I did laugh though when Quickybaby demonstrated the weak spot of the AT-15 by shooting the relatively heavily armoured machine gun port on top instead of the giant flimsy gunshield with nothing behind it. Pros of shooting the machine gun, head on there's no angle, but it's a small target. Gun shield is curved so a shot deviating a lot might glance off the curved surface. But it's such a big target you can't miss.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Yeah...Quicky's kinda on his high horse a little. He thinks he knows more but for all his genuine in game skill he often makes calls that are entirely wrong and only backs it up with judacious gold useage.

Although he will sometimes deliberately ignore a tank's shortcomings just to try and look like he's so awesome he makes any tank great. His showings are very selective. You'll never see Quicky showing the other side of tanks other than his lucky games.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:00 am

Well to be fair he did say the VK4502A is a rubbish tank to play alone and you need a platoon mate because all the tank is good for is supporting with DPM.

Which is very true. Also no doubt if I'd been rolling a premium account I'd be using the 105mm which although it loses a little pen it does a lot of damage. Or post 8.8 the long 88 would be a machine gun so it could punish distracted foes. But obviously you need someone to do the distracting.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Well, had a quick game before going to class. First time on Komarin ever, not much clue what to do.

But I'm definitely sure you're not supposed to sit in spawn all fucking day like my team did.

Started south, advanced east to town, got no backup whatsoever, called for it, got wiseass responses, was pinging rounds from stuff I couldn't see, backed out of town to spawn since I shouldn't be there alone, got singled out and annihilated by two tanks and an arty. Fun.

I did some damage to distant targets and people on the island, though. But seriously, wtf.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni-13JBbY0w

So far I like the few videos I've watched of this guy. He doesn't seem to take himself too seriously.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next