Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+5
Fuzzy
Vergil
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
9 posters

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 11 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Valikdu Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Fuzzy wrote: - New German TD Line, focussing on open topped autoloaders, also featuring the long awaited Marger 3 and Nashorn TD's
The Waffentragers line? Well, ok.
I'm kind of curious about what's on tier 5. I assume it goes kind of like this: (Marder II) - Marder III - ??? - Nashorn - Sturer Emil - three tiers of WT-[blank]. I don't think there was an open-topped PzIII based TD... or was there?
Or it could be four WT tiers if they include a Tiger(P) one like in the current SPG line, but I think that the guns of Nashorn and Sturer Emil would be too powerful for their tiers, then.

Because, you know, there aren't other nations desperately lacking attention, right? I really feel for the French, they've been waiting on the AMX-30 line forever. Not to mention their Char 2C.
Those are what I really want. Especially the 2C. And the lower-level lines leading to different G1 models.

Last edited by Valikdu on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 11 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Well, at least what we do actually have is pretty decent. Heh, British tree ? Spike 

*brace for impact*
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:33 pm

I wonder how this would play ingame Applebloom
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:05 pm

Given it's a WW1 tank...terribly. :p

That said, I would love to see them go back in tiers, like, negative tiers? To make WW1 battles to allow the Saint-Chamond, the British Heavy Tanks, Mk8 Internationals and A7V's and stuff in game.

It'd be slow, simple and cumbersome. But it'd be awesome.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:11 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
Because, you know, there aren't other nations desperately lacking attention, right? I really feel for the French, they've been waiting on the AMX-30 line forever. Not to mention their Char 2C.
Wouldn't mind shooting for that. I mean, I'm already at the ELC. I bet I'll definitely have a chance to branch off. And I love mediums.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:52 am

Valikdu wrote:I don't think there was an open-topped PzIII based TD... or was there?
Or it could be four WT tiers if they include a Tiger(P) one like in the current SPG line, but I think that the guns of Nashorn and Sturer Emil would be too powerful for their tiers, then.
So it turns out that there probably will be this thing at the tier 5, and afterwards it matches what I said: Nashorn -> Sturer Emil -> three WTs.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:02 am

Fuzzy wrote:Given it's a WW1 tank...terribly. :p

That said, I would love to see them go back in tiers, like, negative tiers? To make WW1 battles to allow the Saint-Chamond, the British Heavy Tanks, Mk8 Internationals and A7V's and stuff in game.

It'd be slow, simple and cumbersome. But it'd be awesome.
I have to admit, if they did a "Trench" map ("Verdun" ?), there'd be potential for some fun, there.

It would be the FT-17's time to shine Sweetie Belle 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:08 pm

FT-17 would be a dominating beast in WW1 games. It's one of the very very few tanks in WW1 that had a proper traversing turret.

That and it was the best WW1 tank by far.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:02 am

Just got around to watching this.

I thoroughly expect a megafuckton of those Obj.140s to pop up on day one.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Or worse...get this.

- the 112 and T-34-3 will be testable on 8.8 test, but in the beginning, they will appear only in gift shops, as the developers want to strictly control their amount, so they are sure they aren’t “too good”

- if 112 proves to be OP (according to rumors, it is), it won’t be nerfed, but its sale will be limited

It's been well known for some time now that the 112 is OP as hell. Every supertester noted it, the tank was removed from 8.7 for that very reason and now they are coming to the point that they don't want to nerf it but instead just make it harder to buy.

Because it can't possibly be anything other than an absolutely dominating tank to which no-one can stand a chance, right?! That's what happens when you sign content agreements with the Chinese government... (Some of the stats on the Chinese server are insane to bias it that don't appear on other servers)

Also, the details of the German rebalance are here, partially:

Tiger
- 88mm L/71: ROF increased from 6,98 to 8,96
- 88mm L/71: aimtime reduced from 2,9 to 2,7
- removed the HL234 and HL230P45 engines
- increased the second turret hitpoints by 50hp

That long 88 buff!

Tiger II
- increased the stock turret hitpoints by 50hp
- repoved the HL234 and HL230P45 engines
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:21 pm

I love this tank.

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:53 pm

Fuzzy wrote:Or worse...get this.

- the 112 and T-34-3 will be testable on 8.8 test, but in the beginning, they will appear only in gift shops, as the developers want to strictly control their amount, so they are sure they aren’t “too good”

- if 112 proves to be OP (according to rumors, it is), it won’t be nerfed, but its sale will be limited

It's been well known for some time now that the 112 is OP as hell. Every supertester noted it, the tank was removed from 8.7 for that very reason and now they are coming to the point that they don't want to nerf it but instead just make it harder to buy.

Because it can't possibly be anything other than an absolutely dominating tank to which no-one can stand a chance, right?! That's what happens when you sign content agreements with the Chinese government... (Some of the stats on the Chinese server are insane to bias it that don't appear on other servers)
Still seriously considering that T-34-3, especially since I've started my way towards the Chinese mediums.

I wonder if Vergil is planning on getting the 112...he loves his IS-2 and 110.

In other news, this was an interesting watch:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Well, sadly, it hasn't been that great today in terms of victories. First match I had infighting teammates, and got nuked by my own arty. Finally got my first victory in my Jumbo, but I got raped by TDs in the first 2 minutes of the game. Tried for a win in the Stuart - most of the heavies camped base. Seriously, there's some bad people on right now.

But it's okay, because I have the box of happy pills on treads that is the ELC!Crazy 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/01pp4f29f7k75tm/20130822_1238_france-ELC_AMX_44_north_america.wotreplay
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qcbii16lmklv986/20130822_1330_france-ELC_AMX_38_mannerheim_line.wotreplay
http://www.mediafire.com/download/agoak3brl6n375d/20130822_1337_france-ELC_AMX_06_ensk.wotreplay
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l5jtha64addlabl/20130822_1343_france-ELC_AMX_19_monastery.wotreplay
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zcm7rt94clzef0v/20130822_1400_france-ELC_AMX_38_mannerheim_line.wotreplay
(I'd also like to remark that during my suicide run in that last one, my antivirus decided to update, so not only was I lagging, a little window popped up, blocking my map for about 15 seconds.)

Last edited by RoboRed on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:32 pm

You sure seem to be enjoying yourself.

Also, I love how Ketchup / Orange is almost always the first to be killed Applebloom 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:35 pm

You have to be marginally insane or suicidal to drive the thing, I swear. Fortunately, I am both.Applebloom 

Yeah, poor Ketchup/Orange didn't have much luck in his 1C, but he had a lot of fun.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:12 pm

I am practically seething.

10 of my victorious 5x games today have involved me being teamkilled in the first few seconds three times, ammo racked on the very first hit by an enemy or doing no damage because my tank was too slow to keep up with a dominating team.

I've averaged 800-1000exp per game. With the 5x weekend bonus.

This is an absolute joke...
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Does that mean you're available for some games at this moment ? Spike 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Nah, I've given up for tonight, just incredibly frustrated with the 5x special idiots all swarming the servers.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:25 pm

I just had a tier 5 game, populated with KV-1 and shit and... one lone leichttraktor in the enemy team.

watalol
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Anyone have an idea when the test server is supposed to go live?

Also, I with I knew other people on the NA server with the ELC, because I want to ELC platoon SOOOOOO badly....
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:26 am

relevant to my interests:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Some excellent news today...just wait for the bit one at the end:

- roaming from RU on EU servers is planned

Oh gods, the Russian players are hilariously over aggressive. I'm going to love this on DPM tanks

- spall liner improved 8.8 crew save will actually work on all types of damage/shells

TOG, Tortoise and other superheavies just got a massive buff

- 8.8 won’t contain engine optimizations

Because the game clearly doesn't need it and no-one ever uses multi-cores, right?

- 2nd German TD branch will start from Marder 2

Now you know where to grind to.

- Hetzer rebalance? “All in due time”
- it’s possible AMX-50B will get a buff
- Uralmash-1 will get a traverse buff for 100mm guns

Few balancing elements. Hetzers I'm not sure if they need a nerf other than the derpgun.

Summary of the new Russian tank playstyles:

A-43: Plays like a Tier 7 upgrade from the T-34-85, similar style
A-44: Weak armour, lots of engine fires but has a beastly 107mm derpgun
Object 416: Fairly sluggish, but one of the best guns per tier in the game, not really a medium, more of a TD with an ELC style "turret"
Object 140: T-62A on steroids

Japanese Tanks will be Matte Brown

- New Soviet Premium in 8.9 will be the T-44-85
 - New Soviet Tank entered Supertest, T-44-122

Here's the big one though, ready?

You sure?

here we go...

Spoiler:
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
Spoiler:
Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 11 Streetfighter-m-bison-yes
That is all.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Fuzzy wrote:Some excellent news today...just wait for the bit one at the end:

- roaming from RU on EU servers is planned
Well... That means that I actually can go playing with you sometime. Nice Crazy

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 11 Streetfighter-m-bison-yes
You said it.

Object 140: T-62A on steroids
Well, I've done research (by that I mean "Wkipedia") and... well, it has mostly the same characteristics as trhe T-62A. Same armor, same engine power, same gun... I don't even really see the point in adding it O_o

Last edited by Valikdu on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:31 pm

TOG/Tortoise buff, 1S/T57/Foch nerf, and a Japanese reveal?

I'm in my happy place.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:38 pm

A French vehicle will be nerfed ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Hmm, they've changed my beloved VK 3601 and the Konish. On the upside the VK has now got a truly enormous HP pool. On the downside the pen on the Konish has been reduced so I'll probably have to return to the short 88 of horrible aimtime.

The tier 4 german heavy looks supremely 'meh' at the moment. It's guns can't penetrate the heavier tier fours while it's armour isn't good enough to pose a really serious threat to the better tier fours. Although you *might* be able to turn it into a castle with the correct angling. It's also kinda slow so you can't play really agressively with it and it's actually less good at ramming because of the weaker front armour than the Pz. 3, so I'll be sticking with the old reliable attack dog for the time being.

Tier five heavy looks good. Slap a Konish on it and it'll be my tech tree German tank, hopefully performing like the old Pz 4 did but with really paper armour on the front.
Also, tier 6 stock Panther. That's going to be really fun. I might have to train up some more German crews on my T-25...
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:05 pm

Downloading test client right now. Hope to have some games with those of you across the pond sometime this weekend.

On another note, I'm thinking this will be the tier 1 Japanese tank: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_89_I-Go
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:58 am

Do you think we could see the following in the game ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M50_Ontos

Crazy 

Oh, also, if they ever introduce wheeled vehicles in the game.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SdKfz_234 => I could see this as a tier 4 Light Tank or tier 5 TD, depending on the version (respectively closed or open turret)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Do you think we could see the following in the game ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M50_Ontos

Crazy 
Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 11 Funny-gifs-want

On another note, the M5A1 Stuart has my personal record of "most deaths by crashing". Yes, my curse of being gravity-prone extends to this game too, apparently.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next