Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Tacoman587
Silverink
Dambrony
Ditzy_Do0
Nightshade
Katarn
WovenTales
Plasticube
Snipehamster
Mr. Snrub
Technowolf
Downloaded Skill
Quotidian
Regolit
Bootleg
RoboRed
Vergil
Mister Nikel
CD
Luminous Lead
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Exodus Hero
tylertoon2
Train Dodger
Moodyman90
FoolNeim
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
thatguyvex
Meleagridis
Valikdu
Caoimhe
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
SilentCarto
Cptadder
O. Hinds
cb5
Derpmind
Stack Trace
Kippershy
Icy Shake
Harmony Ltd.
49 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Derpmind Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Kippershy wrote:You guys are far too sensitive.

I have a thing against bad comedy.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Bet you hear that a lot.

Trollestia
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:47 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:
Bet you hear that a lot.

Trollestia
More like say it a lot.
Luna
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Kippershy wrote:
StoneSlinger88 wrote:
Bet you hear that a lot.

Trollestia
More like say it a lot.
Luna
I'm going to go ahead and give you a moment to process what you just typed.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

K guys, drifting a bit off-topic here...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:57 pm

...I dun get it?
I know my humour is extremely on the borderline and more often than not, goes well beyond the line that most people find disturbing and unfunny, but that doesn't phase me in the slightest.
It's true that I'm often saying things like "you lot are too sensitive" when talking about my jokes... but I don't get what you could be pointing to with your joke or comment.
Not even with smut.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:59 pm

I guess sometimes you just need a dirty mind.Twilight crazyTwilightBig mac

Baaaaaaaack on topic, Deus should be king. Along with Lancer. I don't see a problem for a Zebra assassin and a formerly rape-inclined tank being regent over a large population; better than your average politician.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:15 pm

...Wait, there's a difference in that?
I thought all politicians were either war mongers or sex offenders in some way shape or form.
(So yes, they would be a good duo for it.)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Kippershy wrote:...Wait, there's a difference in that?
I thought all politicians were either war mongers or sex offenders in some way shape or form.
(So yes, they would be a good duo for it.)
Exactly! They're perfect!
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:29 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
StoneSlinger88 wrote:
Bet you hear that a lot.

Trollestia
More like say it a lot.
Luna

Uuuuugh. Both of you are terrible. Applejacks

Those were not insults. They were not funny. Your mothers would not be ashamed. You do not pass go, and you do not collect $200.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:51 pm

Derpmind wrote:
StoneSlinger88 wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
StoneSlinger88 wrote:
Bet you hear that a lot.

Trollestia
More like say it a lot.
Luna

Uuuuugh. Both of you are terrible. Applejacks

Those were not insults. They were not funny. Your mothers would not be ashamed. You do not pass go, and you do not collect $200.
Hear that Kipper? WE DIDN'T OFFEND ANYBODY!! Victory has been achieved.

Now where's Blackjack and her whiskey, I need a drink.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:11 pm

So I decided to write up a commentary since I think I'm the only one who doesn't do this at this point. Spoilered for length.

Commentary:
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:37 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:And so the crack ship of Lancer and BJ has set sail. If there isn't a portmanteau'ed couple name like Gloryjack by the end of the week I'll be disappointed in the Internet.
Lancerjack.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Ehh it doesn't really roll off the tongue well. Not like Gloryjack.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:14 am

Downloaded Skill wrote:It's a shame Fancypants was murdered, I did like him when he was around in the show. He probably could have prevented this nonsense.
I like to think that he's the best potential object in FiM to be presented as (shaped into?) the aristocratic ideal. And in a way, it's fitting that, if you take that to be the case, he died in the first great industrial war his country faced, if not on the battlefield. Though I agree, he might have been able to help--but there's only so much one can do against the poverty and violence of the Wasteland, perhaps especially from within.

Downloaded Skill wrote:Bloody Rampage trying to hug P-21 needs to be drawn.
Along with mine, that makes at least two specific calls for that picture. Has anyone else asked for it? Because it simply has to happen.

Downloaded Skill wrote:Ahhh the dealer. I missed him. His little speeches and philosophical musings are one of the things I love about Horizons.
An ordered society or a virtuous society. Certainly has connections to whats going on in America now.
I think that there's a perception that that might be the case, but I look at it as a false dilemma. Though I suppose here's not the place to go into that at length.

Downloaded Skill wrote:And so the crack ship of Lancer and BJ has set sail. If there isn't a portmanteau'ed couple name like Gloryjack by the end of the week I'll be disappointed in the Internet.

“With... your body... and the thoughts you’re trying to put inside my head!  Desist!  Now!”
Blancer? BlackJancer? LanceJack? BlackLance? I'm afraid I won't be the one to save the internet from your disappointment.

Although, I am of the opinion that--at least from Lancer's side--this has at least something going for it, at least since 54: the failure of the Legate to defeat and kill her could easily mix with his painfully obvious daddy issues to fuel him to some weird places regarding her.

Downloaded Skill wrote:Why is Glory giving BJ a concession. Is she conceding her values to maintain her relationship with BJ? That really doesn't seem healthy...
I'll agree with unhealthy, but the vibe I got was more desperate, and afraid, and ashamed, a crisis of self-image than just seeking to preserve what she has with Blackjack. It doesn't help, I expect, that Glory has expressed doubts--or at least mixed feelings--about her sexual morality, wishing that she could be more like Blackjack.

But I'm just going to through out the thought that what applies to Glory can just as easily apply to BJ--is it healthy for her to concede her cultural values to maintain her relationship with Glory?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:36 am

Icy Shake wrote:I do wonder who Blackjack's going to give the crown to, but my bits are on Splendid, given the chat with Dealer. And if nothing else, he's probably the one under whom the Society is least likely to collapse rapidly.
Uh, what? The Dealer couldn't have been more against Splendid.
"Is that pacified Wasteland worth living in without freedom? Is your goal to turn the Wasteland into one enormous Stable 99?"

Moodyman90 wrote:I would make it crystal clear that if anybody was killed or even harmed, I would be back to level the whole god damn place regardless if it was an accident or not.
Oh... wait a minute... Oh, shit no...
Tell me she's not about to crown Deus!
Edit: Aaaand I'm late to the party. *sigh*

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, but by now releasing the order not to think about it, the Goddess now gets a chance to gloat about how clever she is.  As for Blackjack not realizing that she still couldn't tell people, I put that down to Blackjack being Blackjack.  At least, that's how I'm explaining it.  Does that work, or do I need to have this issue reopened until whenever I can get the others together again to address it?
Well, I'm in the "it was fine already" camp. This way came off (to me, at least) kind of like a "durr hurr, Blackjack is stoopid" joke. I guess I can read it the way you said, now that you say so, but the text itself doesn't really explain what Trixie is smug about. I read it as her just laughing at BJ's foolishness.

I think it would fix it if BJ made some reference to mental manipulation, like, "The Goddess’s smugness enveloped me, and I imagined a condescending pat on my head. Of course, we were going away now, and there was no way she was going to let me go back into the Enervation field after she allowed me to think of that idea."

P.S. Misplaced comma in "Of course, we were".

Harmony Ltd. wrote:As for the weird luck of Boo... well, we know that she is born of Discord's blood. We also know that Blackjack got kissed by Discord. And it's become pretty evident that Boo isn't your run of the mill blank, but that there is something special about here - One In A Million. Blackjack's cutie mark also represent a game of luck and gamble. And if Boo got "tuned" into Blackjack...
...huh. That is an excellent point.

It also sort of brings up something I've had percolating in the back of my head for a while. How does BJ not understand the meaning of her own cutie mark?
A Brief Essay on Cutie Marks:
So, with all that in mind, there happens to be another FOE hero who didn't seem to understand her own cutie mark: Littlepip. But her case is a little different, in that rescusing that colt from the gardening shed was the proudest moment of her life until the day she left the Stable. I think she did understand her mark when it appeared, even if the drudgery of Stable life eventually ground it out of her. Who needs someone whose purpose is finding people when your entire world is the size of an office building? But it remained a subconscious impulse. When Velvet left Stable 2, Pip's first instinct was to go find her, whatever the cost.

Back to Blackjack. Maybe her case is similar to Pip's. Maybe she had a flash of insight when Hatches died, but it just didn't seem relevant to the life that she, her mother, the Stable, and the Overmare expected her to lead until her dying day. Maybe the horror of that moment discouraged a young Go Fish from dwelling on her epiphany. Whatever the truth is, I really doubt her cutie mark has anything to do with playing card games.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Childr10

As an aside, the Ace of Spades is famously known as the "death card", though it's generally downplayed as general misfortune or upheaval. The Queen of Spades is generally said to represent a widow or divorcée. ...Hey, wait, I think we know one of those!

Last edited by SilentCarto on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 am; edited 3 times in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:50 am

So.... give the crown to Grace, put Hoity as second in command, and Dues as enforcer. The moment any of them are hurt, the Society is gone.
Shooty look, crazy grin, start literally eating a gun.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:12 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Transformation or a very powerful Illusion spell. That's my take on it.
Transformation, I'd say. We kinda saw her do it on-screen in Luna Eclipsed, and there's no reason to think the Nightmare Moon form is the only one she can do.

Somber wrote:I really love the reviews.  I got a great laugh right when I needed one Silent.  Even though the Glory thing has proved to be a bit of a mess... well... nice to know the complete chapter wasn't a wash.
Hee, thank you! And the Glory thing doesn't even register a 3.0 on the jimmyometer. I, for one, am glad to see Glory not being perfect either.
...and now I'm curious whether it was the mecha-liver or the beguiling flanks comment that made you laugh. ^_^

O. Hinds wrote:You know, the nice thing about internet hugs is that I can appreciate them despite not being a terribly huggy person in real life.

Icy Shake wrote:Although, I am of the opinion that--at least from Lancer's side--this has at least something going for it, at least since 54: the failure of the Legate to defeat and kill her could easily mix with his painfully obvious daddy issues to fuel him to some weird places regarding her.
Hmmm... sort of like when Dawn gave up her crusade to go live with Sky Striker?

P.S. I kinda like "BlackLance". Um, despite the potential, ah, connotations.
or maybe because of them
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:10 am

Downloaded Skill wrote:Ehh it doesn't really roll off the tongue well. Not like Gloryjack.
[shrugs]

Icy Shake wrote:Although, I am of the opinion that--at least from Lancer's side--this has at least something going for it, at least since 54: the failure of the Legate to defeat and kill her could easily mix with his painfully obvious daddy issues to fuel him to some weird places regarding her.
I was thinking that too.

SilentCarto wrote:Well, I'm in the "it was fine already" camp.
So am I, but we as you know got enough complaints that Somber decided that it needed to be clarified.

SilentCarto wrote:This way came off (to me, at least) kind of like a "durr hurr, Blackjack is stoopid" joke. I guess I can read it the way you said, now that you say so, but the text itself doesn't really explain what Trixie is smug about. I read it as her ...hjust laughing at BJ's foolishness.

I think it would fix it if BJ made some reference to mental manipulation, like, "The Goddess’s smugness enveloped me, and I imagined a condescending pat on my head. Of course, we were going away now, and there was no way she was going to let me go back into the Enervation field after she allowed me to think of that idea."
Well, thank you for the suggestion.
Chapter 55 wrote:And she wasn’t going to let me go back into the Enervation field now that she’d let me think of that.
There, modification in on my own initiative, since it's so small.  Please tell me that everyone's happy now?

SilentCarto wrote:P.S. Misplaced comma in "Of course, we were".
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:25 am

swicked wrote:By the way, how many other people had Grace pegged as an evil little demon from the get-go?
Really, anyone Rampage likes is probably gonna be pretty bad news.
I wonder if, when she said she'd gotten a message to deliver to Blackjack from somepony she described as being like herself, she'd really just gotten it from Grace and was seriously supporting her coming to power... up until Grace put Scotch and Boo in danger, I mean.
You mean Charm, not Grace.
Charm is the little bitch.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:17 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:"Hoofington will rise bigger and stronger than before and help restore true civility to the surface." - I already said I didn't like Splendid's plan before, but I didn't notice this until reading it again. Maybe it's just me being paranoid, and it's nothing but a turn of phrase, but those Harbingers had to come from somewhere...
Oh my. I missed that too, the first time. So now I half-expect the Gala to erupt into an invasion when BJ doesn't crown Splendid...

WavemasterRyx wrote:Boo picking out the picture in response to Blackjack asking her who should run the Society is not only adorable, but has a lot of implications as well. It certainly reinforces that she's capable of learning and understanding speech, at the very least.
Hey, wait just a dang minute... BJ asks who should run the Society, and Boo replies with a photo of Fluttershy and Garnet. Kindness without will and will bereft of kindness...
Did Boo just suggest co-rulership between Splendid and Grace?!

SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:46 am

A couple of re-fixes for 56:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 am

SilentCarto wrote:
A couple of re-fixes for 56:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:05 am

@Not using the radio inside enervation: I though it had already been established that the goddess can implant mental commands that persist no matter what, (unless acted on by an outside psychic force...) and that would prevent BJ from doing anything to directly tell anyone because the goddess said not to. Why not just have a couple lines where BJ tries to say something on radio, and then is frustrated when something in her brain makes her say silly stuff instead?

...At least I think you're talking about the enervation radio thing. Anyways, I know the pink cloud messed with psychic stuff, but that was different. We see nothing like what happened to those alicorn in Lacunae.

Downloaded Skill wrote:So I decided to write up a commentary since I think I'm the only one who doesn't do this at this point.

Nope, that would be me. My very first comment on PH, back in August 2011, has me promising to do a reading commentary on the next chapter, and I still haven't done so. I was halfway through this chapter when I remembered I wanted to do one. Twilight

SilentCarto wrote:Hey, wait just a dang minute... BJ asks who should run the Society, and Boo replies with a photo of Fluttershy and Garnet. Kindness without will and will bereft of kindness...
Did Boo just suggest co-rulership between Splendid and Grace?!

Nope, she's suggesting Psychoshy! Side-side quest, Ho!

...Go Lance? Fishlance? Lancefish? Go, Lancer-fish, I choose you! Crazy
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:35 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Whatever the truth is, I really doubt her cutie mark has anything to do with playing card games.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Childr10
[insert motorcycle joke]

Can you remind me how BJ got her cutie mark, again ? I can't remember.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:01 pm

I think it happened during a card game in 99 whereupon some poor mare got sliced in half from a malfunctioning door.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Can you remind me how BJ got her cutie mark, again ? I can't remember.
The story is at the beginning of Chapter 15. "Once upon a time, when I was just a filly, my flank was blank, and then one day it wasn’t anymore." That's the extent of BJ's cutie mark story, except for the description of Hatches getting killed. I assume that means, in all the commotion, she didn't notice when it appeared. But the symbolism of the ace of spades suggests a certain class of meanings...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:46 pm

This begs the question :

A cutie mark is, at its root, a graphic symbol. A symbol has only the meaning people see in it. If we go with the hypothesis that the cutie mark when it appears take its imprint from the subconscious of the pony, this mean that the elements that gives the mark its significance need to be present in the mind of said pony.

Put another way, if the symbolism of BJ's cutie mark has something to do with the queen of spades' significance as a "tarot" combination, she must have known, at least subconsciously, said significance prior to obtaining her cutie mark.

I don't know if I'm clear ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Well, Blackjack really seems to have the luck of the draw.  It could have been her that went through that door that day, but she got lucky and lived on instead.  In fact, she gets put into so many situations where she should rightly die, except things fall into place at just the time so that she can survive.  Even dying doesn't kill her.  Twice, even!

You see this series of lucky events throughout the story (running into Watcher while being chased by Deus, finding the audio record just before she almost blows her brains out, having a surgeon and life support on hand when she's dying of taint, etc)

She may be the Queen of Misfortune, but her suit's strong enough that she can survive pretty much anything.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Derpmind wrote:@Not using the radio inside enervation: I though it had already been established that the goddess can implant mental commands that persist no matter what, (unless acted on by an outside psychic force...) and that would prevent BJ from doing anything to directly tell anyone because the goddess said not to. Why not just have a couple lines where BJ tries to say something on radio, and then is frustrated when something in her brain makes her say silly stuff instead?
Urrrrrrgh… Okay, so do we need to change it again?  It's still not clear enough? I'm sorry, but given how much work we've already done on it, I'm currently leaning towards "if the readers don't figure it out, it's their problem".
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next