Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Ketchup
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Meleagridis
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Frost
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Harmony Ltd.
Aonee
20 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty (As an aside: your look at post-SNR wasteland helped me get over a writing block, so thanks!)

Post by Meleagridis Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
By the way, thinking of putting to use Lighthoove's raider-making / pegasi-killing disease...

Might want to wait until we find out what happens to Lighthooves. Never know if there may be an attempt to eradicate it- or if it gets unleashed.

...What if it gets unleashed? There's no promise Thunderhead will be around by the end of PH- sorry, I'm accidentally bringing non-chat into the chat thread, aren't I?

Does anyone remember what Littlepip's stance on using the SPP as a weapon was? Either full-canon LP (if it was mentioned) or the tumblr one?

Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:26 pm

Never followed the Tumblr, and it's been (roughly) a whole year since I've read the original FoE, so I'm not sure. But given the whole reason why she decided to gradually remove the cloud cover instead of pulling the rug under those fuckers' hooves was that she wanted to give time to the Enclave to... peacefully... come to term with the idea that they would have to change their way of life, well...

I know that she's no BlackJack, but I guess she'd be kind of hesitant / wary of using the SPP against even the Bitters outside of maybe a few edge cases ; mostly out of guilt & self-doubt, given she'd be the reason why Operation Cauterize and the Civil War happened in the first place.

I was kind of under the impression that she didn't want to be the kind of "meddling god" that Red Eye would have been. Given the chaos she caused out of her good sentiments while just being a simple mare, and able to witness every last bit of the consequences through the SPP's information gathering net', she'd be VERY wary of meddling with the affairs of mortals outside of her role as the "Weather Goddess".
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kippershy Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:39 pm

I know it's only my headcanon, but in my mind, the Enclave fell after less than a year of in-fighting after a rebellion of soldiers and civilians fought against loyalists.

In my story I don't intend to detail it heavily, though
Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Unrelated :

Spoiler:
(Source)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:12 pm

You know, there's a thing I have to consciously fight against in my writing :

I tend to subconsciously design events to take apocalyptic proportions, resulting in incredible levels of death and destruction ; simply to then show how people rebuild from there.

I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't tone down a bit the sheer intensity I was envisioning for the various wars and conflict following the Day of Sunshine and rainbows. Or at least make it more believable and don't just seem like author fiat.

For the latter, the thing is I'd need to really think about what would have happened in details. Not impossible but damn, that's going to be some serious amount of world-building. Which will probably never be used in the story. Unless I write a series of short stories focusing on these various events.

Anyway, point is, I think a pretty accurate way to describe my writing and its faults would be "One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic".

I mean, for example one of my ideas for a Sci-fi / Space Opera setting has, among other things and in no particular order :

- One of the orbital colonies around Earth (a hundred kilometers-long asteroid) being de-orbited, falling on Earth, with an experimental "void-energy" reactor of the colony exploding upon impact, vaporizing a large chunk of Earth's crust in the process and resulting in the oceans boiling away and the atmosphere becoming kind of Venusian in nature.
- A century-long war at the scale of thousands of worlds and uncountable space colonies, at the end of which half a hundred worlds had been rendered uninhabitable, the total casualties numbers being estimated to be in the range of the tens of thousand of billions deceased.

On the plus side, humans live in symbiosis with artificial intelligences, and everyone is effectively immortal until they decide to die.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Yeah, maybe try writing a few smaller-scale pieces, just to get balanced out.

You could even do a little challenge where you limit what resources you're allowed to use. For instance, try and get a good, compelling story featuring, say, three people in a house. For whatever reason, the story's narrative never leaves the house, nor do the characters interact with people outside the house. That should help you with writing more personal perspectives
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Good idea.

In that space opera setting I had an idea for a story, with someone leading an investigation over his own murder. Though I kind of had a block and didn't go back to it.

Because to write something believable I would have needed to have a more in-depth vision of the story's universe.

Twilight
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:30 pm

(also writing mystery / detective fics may not be my forte)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Good idea.

In that space opera setting I had an idea for a story, with someone leading an investigation over his own murder. Though I kind of had a block and didn't go back to it.

Because to write something believable I would have needed to have a more in-depth vision of the story's universe.

Twilight

In a "closed-circle" setting, you don't even have to give that view of the universe. You could have characters casually replicating food before going into cryo-storage, with no explanation whatsoever about why they're going into cryo, what replicating food involves, or even their occupation. So much is left to the reader's imagination that more possibilities are opened than are shut by denying yourself those resources
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Yeah, probably.

Anyway...

Guys, this is happening...

Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:
Robobait:
All of my "wat".

Also, lol @ Derpy as Jonny 2x4.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:33 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Guarddogjr wrote:
Robobait:
All of my "wat".

Also, lol @ Derpy as Jonny 2x4.
I was wondering why plank is looking at them like that.

Maybe he has wood.
>Hides in a bomb shelter.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:58 am

Say, have we seen any evidence of .45 weapons in the Wasteland?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:12 am

O. Hinds wrote:Say, have we seen any evidence of .45 weapons in the Wasteland?
Not that I can find in Fo:E, but they are common enough in side stories.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:35 am

swicked wrote:http://did-yuo-kno.tumblr.com/

...just click it and read some stuff.
My throat hurts from all the laughter X)
This is pure gold!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:56 am

in fallout, there are so many eapons that the game makers only make a sample, I mean why wouldn't there tbe the .45 calibur? I am only thinking of the .45 gov't tho as a first one to pop in my head. but eh we've used the army round for long enough it should stick just fine

fallout 2 uses the .45 calibur in M3A1 "Grease Gun" SMG
Tommy gun

New Vegas adds a .45 Auto Pistol in Honest Hearts
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:14 am

Music game!
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:15 am

I went waaay over the top in Armed Redemption by giving the protagonist-group's scout, Sonar, a .50 Action Express Sub Machine Gun. To put things in simply, it's an automatic weapon firing rounds that, according to Wikipedia, is normally reserved for metallic target shooting and medium/big game hunting, as well as predator defense against bears.

Fuck, I don't whether I should feel proud or brain dead.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:48 am

We have taken to frying double pepperoni pizza in bacon grease of late. It's even better than I could have imagined.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:59 am

Ironmonger wrote:I went waaay over the top in Armed Redemption by giving the protagonist-group's scout, Sonar, a .50 Action Express Sub Machine Gun. To put things in simply, it's an automatic weapon firing rounds that, according to Wikipedia, is normally reserved for metallic target shooting and medium/big game hunting, as well as predator defense against bears.

>scout
>big fuck off gun
ur doin it wrong

Scouts should use rifles, be they DMR or a sniper rifles actual.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:40 am

Kippershy wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I went waaay over the top in Armed Redemption by giving the protagonist-group's scout, Sonar, a .50 Action Express Sub Machine Gun. To put things in simply, it's an automatic weapon firing rounds that, according to Wikipedia, is normally reserved for metallic target shooting and medium/big game hunting, as well as predator defense against bears.

>scout
>big fuck off gun
ur doin it wrong

Scouts should use rifles, be they DMR or a sniper rifles actual.
Scouts use baseball bats, pistols, and scatterguns by default. Twilight Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:06 am

I though scouts used bows, and that's why elves make the best scouts
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Spoiler:

Have you thought about the possibilities of it being a cold war? On the verge, instead of falling?

Mister Frost wrote:I though scouts used bows, and that's why elves make the best scouts
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Scouts use baseball bats, pistols, and scatterguns by default. Twilight Sparkle
And sport drinks.

You two get an Honorary Terrible For Co-ordinated Terrible.

Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Meleagridis wrote:Have you thought about the possibilities of it being a cold war? On the verge, instead of falling?
The Space Opera war, or the NCR / Enclave one ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:Have you thought about the possibilities of it being a cold war? On the verge, instead of falling?
The Space Opera war, or the NCR / Enclave one ?

Meant Fallout, but there's no harm in some thought on either one.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Somehow, I like this picture a lot.

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:22 pm

@Kipper

I'm definitely using the term "big fuck off gun" at some point. Anyway, he's not only the scout, but the resident computer/energy weapons tech. The group already has a sharpshooter (Iron Fury) and a backup sharpshooter (Eagle Eyes), Sonar is the scout because he's the most perceptive and the fastest in the group.

@Cobalt

Believe it or not, Sonar was originally based on the Scout.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:35 pm

Hmmm...

The thing is that I'm pretty sure the Enclave would continue Operation Cauterize after the Battle of Neighvarro, at least until someone or the public opinion could convince High Command of stopping it.

To moderate this, if we go by what happened at the Battle of the Cathedral, it's possible that in a few months the Enclave wouldn't have any ships left, or barely any, seriously weakening it and forcing them, if not to pronounce a truce, at least to severely back down on the intensity of their operations : they would still be in open conflict with the surface, but they just wouldn't put as much resources into it as they had at the start of Operation Cauterize.

The peace protests would continue, leading the Enclave on the verge of open Civil War.

I kind of want to see the Enclave implode - if it isn't now, it'll be later : In my opinion, once the surface become able to produce non-contaminated food again, the temptation will be just too great for the Enclave to not try to take over the wasteland (though in this case they'd try first to reduce the wastelanders into slavery I'd guess). And once the population become more and more aware of the situation in the Wasteland, there's going to be more and more tensions in the Enclave's society regarding what to do about it. After all, after the activation of the Gardens, the original and principal argument High Command used to justify the ban on travelling to the surface (it being a radioactive hellhole) just went up in smoke. People will be starting to ask questions.

Hmmm... This has the advantage of reducing the scale of the conflict while still pushing the NCR to unite more and more people (the Enclave is still at war with the surface, they're just not going all out genocidal on them). AND, later on, when the Enclave implode, you could have a fringe of the Enclave's military ("Bitters") going nut against the surface and the traitors (the "Volunteers", the pegasi helping the surface).

That'd leave the Grand Pegasus Enclave as only a husk of its former glory, and having to come to term with the fact that the game has changed (the "Isolationnists").
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:57 pm

To moderate this, if we go by what happened at the Battle of the Cathedral, it's possible that in a few months the Enclave wouldn't have any ships left

...They do have an undefeatable D.E.M. superweapon being used against them, yeah.

I'll take a guess and say that that's one of the reasons why people have problems with the end part of the original FoE.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:03 pm

It kind of felt rushed, in my opinion.

Almost as if Kkat had looked at her creation and said "shit, I'm almost at half a million words !" and then went to try to tie all the loose ends of her story.

Or maybe not exactly that, but still, it felt rushed compared to the rest of the story.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next