Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+13
Fuzzy
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Orm
jacky2734
IncoherentOrange
Valikdu
Cptadder
Ketchup
RoboRed
CamoBadger
XT Vengeance
17 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 18 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Vergil Thu May 30, 2013 6:22 pm

I found a couple of fun files at the archives today. For example: the full test record for Tank, Demolition, T31, and the autoloader stress test for Medium Tank, T22E1.

EDIT: Also have some unlisted funny: https://youtu.be/XvFSrljSVYE
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 18 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by RoboRed Thu May 30, 2013 6:28 pm

There is a reason why I want this tank so badly.
first game on the test server:

Did it at ~200 ping, too.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Fri May 31, 2013 12:22 am

Just had a curbstomp battle. We didn't lose a single tank and destroyed the entire enemy team in 1 minute, 58 seconds.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri May 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Sooo....

Excelsior.

It's a heavy tank.

With 31mm of armour on its side.

And only 91mm of penetration, with awful aim time and accuracy.

You think it shows they just want to try and make British tanks look bad?
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri May 31, 2013 3:33 pm

'Tis an answer to a question no one asked, it is.

On a separate note, WG just made a post saying they will be celebrating their 15th birthday later this summer. Here's to hoping they do something cool gift shop-wise.

Like putting the Type 59 on sale for a short period of time. I want one of those...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri May 31, 2013 3:43 pm

NO.
If they do that, we get a tide of the little bouncy bastards. And players who use them aren't afraid of losing credits, unlike equivalent credit vehicles, so they get careless, for better and worse.
...But they'll make a ton of money.

What I hate is the preferential matchmaking they get. It isn't as fast as the Pershing is but it's better in every other way, and doesn't get T10 matches.

If so, I'm glad I've got a gun on the M103 that'll take them, and Lowes frontally, down.
*grumbles angrily about the Patton's cannon*
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri May 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Updates:

- LeFH French premium arty will possibly be removed from the shop

I know little of it, so I can't really comment.

- Storm states that KV-5 will be especially tough in 0.8.6

What.

- StuG III with derp HEAT nerfed too much? "Don't play StuG III with derp HEAT"
- SU-26 nerfed too much? "Don't play SU-26"
- gold ammo nerfed too much? "Don't use gold ammo"

WG trolling a little as usual here. Not that I have a problem with any of those getting nerfed...

- 0.9.0 will be even bigger than 0.8.6

I've heard rumours of 9.0 being the one bringing in tank physics upon being struck, such as storage boxes being torn off and turrets flying off on ammo rack hits.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Fri May 31, 2013 6:50 pm

The Excelsior is going to be a beast. It has over 100mm of frontal armour, weighs 40 tons and it can move damned quick for its size. The gun is odd- the same one as the Cromwell pretty much but with way higher damage, less pen and long aiming time.
Put vents/rammer, gun laying drive/vertical stabilizer on it and a spall liner, put a driver with controlled impact on and say hello to the RAMpanzer 3's bigger and angrier British cousin.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Fri May 31, 2013 11:31 pm

Unfortunately, I've heard nothing other than it being a contender wit hthe Matilda Black Prince.

As i said above, yeah its frontal armour is...decent. But its side armour (and its sides are huge) have essentially no armour at all. (31 mm!)

Mix that in with a chronically inaccurate gun (0.42 accuracy) and with only 91 penetration and I simply cannot see its purpose. Someone said it was supposed to bully lights and mediums while avoiding heavies but it still can't penetrate mediums of tiers 5, 6 or 7.

It's faster, but given it is so cripplingly huge and vulnerable the second it moves out of cover, it's not fast enough to really take the advantage of it from all the games I've heard feedback on.

In essence...it's fast, but not fast enough to be a fast tank. It's well armoured, but not armoured at all. It's got a rapid gun...but it can't penetrate anything.

Ramming could be fun, but I honesrtly doubt this tank will get results. yet another victim of WG not doing their research properly. (The thin sides on the museum model were because they never actually put the side skirts on it in the museum as they were scrapped) The side armour should be much thicker.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:34 am

RoboRed wrote:Like putting the Type 59 on sale for a short period of time. I want one of those...

That would cause a backlash from the people who had busted their asses to earn one in the Art of War actions.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:09 am

Watch yourselves, there's a range hack out. Match started and our entire team took hits almost immediately.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

This game made me happy today.
Spoiler:
Got me invited to a clan.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Loads of changes now seen, I'll summarise the important bits here:

- while final patchnotes are not realized, the fact that tier 7 arty can
fight tier 5-6 teams (as a top tank) is intentional and will be even in
the live server

Arty can now be top tier. Oh dear.

- accuracy was improved roughly by 20 percent in 0.8.6, devs don't consider it overpowered

KV-1S sniping confirmed to be possible.

- there will be no rebalance (compensation) of tanks that pre 8.6 relied
heavily on their accuracy, like the E-50 and some players think they
lost the edge in 8.6, since all tanks are more accurate

British confirmed for having their only advantage completely removed from the game.

- the British will for now recieve no highpen gold shells as an alternative to HESH

Well then make HESH perhaps work?

- Matilda Black Prince got a buff. Turret is much smaller now with a shorter height and gained better depression. Turret armor got also buffed, from 76/51/44 to 76/63/57.

- Super Pershing got nerfed, 25mm of frontal hull armour less.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Yeah, I'm really regretting buying the super p. I'm just not having fun in it and rarely get any wins. I keep constantly fucking getting penned somehow, and I can't ever seem to pen stuff with it myself. Now it's getting a nerf. Fml.

Maybe I should've sold my soul and bought an IS-6 instead...Heck, what I should have probably done is get the Jagdtiger. Would have been more useful crew-wise since German TDs are one of my main foci. My only criteria at the time of buying the super pershing at the time were "I need a tier 8 to play with my buddies" and "Hey, this thing's on sale!".

Stupid, stupid Robo... Scootaloo
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:23 pm

HEAT nerf can't come fast enough.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:41 pm

The KV-2 will be everywhere after this patch. Prepare for 700-damage derp-sniping at tier six. Before this the tank was fairly balanced, being vulnerable to sniping, gun damage, artillery, and being simply overwhelmed and/or out-turned, but now it can sit back in cover and snipe with that big-ass gun with no restrictions except for fire rate, low camo rating and poor armor, which doesn't matter too much when you've got that big a gun.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Hey, Vergil, you really need to hurry and post that series of lulzy tank vids you were telling me about. I can send you my replay of that game with the kamikaze Lee if you need it.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:14 am

RoboRed wrote:Hey, Vergil, you really need to hurry and post that series of lulzy tank vids you were telling me about. I can send you my replay of that game with the kamikaze Lee if you need it.
Please send me that
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:16 am

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 18 922934_383624875074720_422384777_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 am

Apparently the SP armor change isn't happening.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:18 am

Vergil wrote:
RoboRed wrote:Hey, Vergil, you really need to hurry and post that series of lulzy tank vids you were telling me about. I can send you my replay of that game with the kamikaze Lee if you need it.
Please send me that
You have a skype account or an email I can send it to you through?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:20 am

RoboRed wrote:
Vergil wrote:
Please send me that
You have a skype account or an email I can send it to you through?
Email is good, I just PMed you.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:00 am

Got it. Sent.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:59 am

So I dunno if you guys watches Quickybaby's review of the new artillery.

If anything, artillery has (even by his opinion) had a MASSIVE buff due to the new tier systems and increased accuracy. They are more accurate than ever before and you can end up facing artillery two tiers higher than you that can absolutely nuke you in one shot.

I thought this was meant to be the arty nerfing patch to remove them from being as OP as they already are. Now you can get tier 6 artillery firing on AMX-40's and T-28's.

To give an idea, Quicky was playing a tier 9 artillery. He fired 7 shots in a game. He got 7 kills. In a tier nine game.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Just got the M58 gun for the M103. It's more effective in every way, and it has the same shell cost despite using a different AP shell than the gun before it and being tier 10.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:01 pm

ugh. Today has been abject faliure after faliure. To top off my WoT day cloudsville crashed and wiped all of the helpful lessons I had written out so you could learn from my mistakes.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:43 am

Well, I finally got my VK3002. Still want to train my crew to finish their current skills, though. They're all currently around 82-83%. (wish it didn't take so bloody long for them to gain skill xp...)

On another note, I've had a new crowning moment of awesome with the 3001. Almost had 7 kills, but Vergil had to be a greedy jerk. Luna
Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:34 pm

RoboRed wrote:Well, I finally got my VK3002. Still want to train my crew to finish their current skills, though. They're all currently around 82-83%. (wish it didn't take so bloody long for them to gain skill xp...)

On another note, I've had a new crowning moment of awesome with the 3001. Almost had 7 kills, but Vergil had to be a greedy jerk. Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 18 761398768
Spoiler:

In my defense, he shot me. I had to repay the favor.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:17 pm

British Arty has been seen by some Russian dude

Tier 2 - Llyod Carrier with a 76mm gun. This never existed.

Tier 3 - Sexton 1, seemingly no longer premium. Seems fine, but then...

Tier 4 - Birch Gun. The worlds first proper SPG. From just after WW1. Why is it above an SPG that served throughout WW2 in the Sexton? It's also apparently higher tiered than an M7 Priest, an SPG that the British got to replace the thing which replaced the Birch Gun! What is going on?!

Tier 5 - Bishop, which was basically a 25 pounder on a Valentine. So it's basically a Sexton, only much slower with weaker armour and less traverse. I do not understand.

Tier 6 - FV304, a late war prototype that also used a 25 pounder, which is a gun on the tier 3 arty still. This was always going to be the issue with British as they essentially only used the 25 Pounder almost exclusively. This makes sense as a stance up from the ones before but I just don't know how it'll work with that 87mm gun. Maybe they just get progressively more accurate and speedy firing? The video denotes "114mm" though so I think they're getting a little fantastical, possible bringing one of the post war howitzers in. This should have an huge traverse, well over 45 degrees.

Tier 7 - I can't say for sure due to the strange camo glitches in the video...but I think this looks like a Crusader SPG platform, which is very strange given the Crusader was by this point almost obselete. Maybe they found some big gun prototype? An AMX-13 style arty with the Crusader's speedier engine?

Tier 8 - That's definitely an FV3805, going by the big block on the right it's basically a Centurion with a 5.5 inch gun. Interestingly, the gun faces backwards. Fast escape? Looks like they've upgunned it to 152mm instead of the 5.5 140mm.

Tier 9 - ...it's the same arty. It's another FV3805, only with a bigger gun. This is seriously lazy, it's the exact same tank. It casts interest on maybe the Tier 8 is an FV3802 which was a smaller Centurion SPG, but the Tier 8 model looks nothing like one at all. Lack of WG research or just laziness? Could be either. There is a small chance this may be a Conqueror chassis though (it's hard to tell the difference like this with out comparison) but I know of no SPG designed on it. Scratch that, it's an FV3806, I forgot about them, they are just an upgunned FV3805 with minor changes. It's still damn lazy compared to putting in an FV433 Abbot, which everyone wanted.

Tier 10 - Scratch that, this is definitely a Conqueror chassis, I recognise the front hull from the FV216b (183). Sounds like they took the assumption of a Conqueror "gun carriage" as SPG mentalities, even though the "gun carriage" was simply to pull SPG guns as a huge tractor essentially. Oopsie, WG. It seems to have a short barreled 233mm Heavy Mortar type gun.
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:37 pm

The Birch Gun has a 360 degree traverse, making its aiming extremely easy compared to other SPGs. Issues that the vehicles had in real life need not apply in WoT (see the TOG, even if it is gloriously fun).
That's probably why it is tier 4.
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next