Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+37
Derpmind
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
Downloaded Skill
Kattlarv
nebulous
Vergil
Nightfire
Rafafidi
Somber
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Ametros
Valikdu
Katarn
RandomBlank
Meleagridis
iLateralGX
Icy Shake
WavemasterRyx
Sindri
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Theta
Ketchup
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
OneMoreDaySK
Aonee
IncoherentOrange
Caoimhe
RoboRed
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
41 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:20 am

IncoherentOrange wrote:Or we can play TF2 and Terraria to fill the time.
isn't that why we made the steam group?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:27 am

Cptadder wrote:
Don't let your lack of skill get in the way of our enthusiasm of making you do things for our entertainment. Now get out there and drop seven thousand dollars on Maya or 3ds Max and the two years of training it takes to learn these programs.

We'll wait right here.

I wish I had a copy of Flash with me. All I know is condensed in from one semester of a multimedia class (I loved that class. I almost want to take it again.), plus all the actionscript I feverishly taught myself to finish our final project. I'd probably noodle around with it like I noodle around with photoshop right now.

Ponies are awesome.

Actually now we won't, Mann Co's not going to save itself you know. But we will be sure to think of you doing the time we wait asking the last guy to hit ready over and over again between rounds. We promise!
This is one of those things where I'm gonna have to say "I'd love to, but I can't". My mental acuity is leaving me right now...I should probably head to bed soon.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:28 am

Massive response post in the morning, comments and more comments on another thousand post thread. Short note now catching up a touch noticed Somber got the job so delayed congratulations. Remember schools are filled with hundreds of walking emotional basket cases hopped up on complex interpersonal rivalries worthy of a Spanish soap opera which is aided and abetted by massive hormone fluctuations and let us not forget the methamphetamines*

*Note not all school users are meth users, you also have pot heads, paint puffers, acid droppers and caffeine tweaks who should not be underestimated just because drinking nine cans of Red bull one hour is technically legal does not make the end result any less crazy or coherent.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:40 am

Ironmonger wrote:*raises a hoof* ...Invade Russia?
No. You know why? If you invade Russia in the winter, you will all die without seeing your opponent. If you invade Russia in the summer, Russia is fucking huge and you will shortly be invading Russia in the winter. Everyone from Napoleon to Hitler learned this the hard way.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:43 am

@Kattlarv:

Sindri wrote:Fallout 3 had a more apocalyptic atmosphere, yes. But as
soon as you start thinking, it stops working.
Well, I suppose
it's good then thinking has never been an issue for me

RandomBlank wrote:My headcanon is the 200 years were not a "big nothing", and that FO3 wasteland is much younger.
The civilization thrived. It began rebuilding. People were making ammo,
they got food factories working, they repaired and reprogrammed the
robots to protect their settlements. They repaired many buildings and
thrived quite successfully.
Then, some 30 years before FO3, it all went to hell. Supermutants showed
up, or IMP killed most or whatever... anyway, the new foundations
collapsed and people went wild and savage.
The ruins are some 30 years old. The ammo was made by the wastelanders.
Most stupid barriers on your way are fortifications of the wastelanders.
There was a second war...
This is a great headcanon, thank you, Random.

swicked wrote:I realize this is a terrible joke, but it honestly is my headcanon regarding the game XD
Nah, it's actually a pretty good joke, heh.

Somber wrote:Well I have some news. I got the teaching job. 11th
grade English in Fallon, NV. I have no idea what's going to happen with
Horizons. I hope I'll be able to manage a chapter or two a month, but I
just don't know. I don't want Horizons to wither on the vine or fade
away. Many of you have given your time, attention, and money keeping
the story going. You deserve an ending.
*hugs you tight*
Congratulations, sir, I really do hope the job goes well for you. As I said on the IRC, try not to worry about it for now, as much as you can anyways. Take your time to get settled in, and then you can see how much time you have to write after that. We'll be here for you. PH won't just go away, we'll make sure of it.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Maybe we can fill the extra time with
more of those contest things, or even just little organized
event-things, that one we did was fun
This is always certainly an
option. Though depending on how often they occurred, I'm not certain I
could always help out with prizes, heh.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 am

Cptadder wrote:walking emotional basket cases hopped up on complex interpersonal rivalries worthy of a Spanish soap opera which is aided and abetted by massive hormone fluctuations

I'm in high school, and I approve this message.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:52 am

Somber wrote:Well I have some news. I got the teaching job. 11th grade English in Fallon, NV. I have no idea what's going to happen with Horizons. I hope I'll be able to manage a chapter or two a month, but I just don't know. I don't want Horizons to wither on the vine or fade away. Many of you have given your time, attention, and money keeping the story going. You deserve an ending.

This is wonderful news! I'm delighted to hear that you have a definite plan, and I'm confident that you will prove both the school and the students it serves lucky to have you.
As many have said before, take all the time you need. I will still be here--we will still be here--even if updates slow, and I should like to think that this community cares enough about you to accept any changes you need to make to accommodate a new living situation.

I hope you find your position enjoyable and rewarding, and that you will be very successful in it. I know how much teachers can matter in the lives of their students, and I've seen in members of my own family how fulfilling teaching can be. I'm sure this will be a great step forward for you, and I'm glad you let us know.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:08 am

Somber wrote:Well I have some news. I got the teaching job. 11th grade English in Fallon, NV. I have no idea what's going to happen with Horizons. I hope I'll be able to manage a chapter or two a month, but I just don't know. I don't want Horizons to wither on the vine or fade away. Many of you have given your time, attention, and money keeping the story going. You deserve an ending.

Hooray little late but I am happy for you!

Also after some quick Google magic, I found Fallon, NV and what county it resides in. (I was bored don't judge me)
I have to say Wikipedia had some fun things to say about the city and its high school.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:22 am

Makes the day brighter to know Somber found a job. I just hope his student body comes anywhere close to being decent enough.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote: (Maybe we can fill the extra time with more of those contest things, or even just little organized event-things, that one we did was fun)

I vote more writing contests! We really really need a sequel to the last one!

Last edited by Meleagridis on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:24 am

Sindri wrote:
No. You know why? If you invade Russia in the winter, you will all die without seeing your opponent. If you invade Russia in the summer, Russia is fucking huge and you will shortly be invading Russia in the winter. Everyone from Napoleon to Hitler learned this the hard way.

*slams hoof* F*CKING HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE. *y u no face* [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 1050834305

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:26 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Sindri wrote:

*slams hoof* F*CKING HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE. *y u no face* [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 1050834305
Look at it this way: when invaded, people who've lived in Russia all their lives have a huge advantage. However, they pay for this by living in Russia all their lives.

(No offense, soviet bastard)
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:27 am

Sindri wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
Sindri wrote:

Look at it this way: when invaded, people who've lived in Russia all their lives have a huge advantage. However, they pay for this by living in Russia all their lives.

Either way you lose.

You beat the enemy, you still live in Russia.
You lose against the enemy, you could possibly be killed among other things.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:36 am

iLateralGX wrote:
Sindri wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
Sindri wrote:

Either way you lose.

You beat the enemy, you still live in Russia.
You lose against the enemy, you could possibly be killed among other things.

@Sindri ...Capitalist dog. *grumpyface.jpeg* [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 920138312

@iLateral True

Both of these made me laugh. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 459784477

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:19 am

Somber wrote:Well I have some news. I got the teaching job. 11th grade English in Fallon, New Vegas.

That's how I read that. Damn you all.
Anyway, 1. Congrats, 2. I hope you'll find time for writing... And I recommend you do. Teaching job is exhausting and you NEED some kind of escape to remain sane.

Erumpet wrote:@Somber: You should totally keep us updated on how that plays out,
Seconding that. Report your "adventures" on the new job :)
Project Horizons: The Making Of.

re: spoilers. Sometimes spoilers add to enjoyment. Like, we all know this following spoiler:
Spoiler:
but not only does it not spoil the pleasure, it actually adds a very important element of anticipation. So I guess I'm enjoying the news that Stygius will be back quite a bit. And since I expect the ending to be just like Season 2 finale (everyone's invited!) this is not much news for me. Besides, Somber does not introduce new characters just to let them rot forever in one place (unless they are casualties that is), so I'm expecting most of them to return yet. Including the seaponies, the Flankfurt crew, the farmers where BJ killed the dragon, the Seahorse crew, and I wouldn't be too surprised if Spike shows up too once he's past his job at Neighvarro.

And one more personal prediction: Just like Somber granted Pinkie Pie mercy of not burning, I believe he's going to give some mercy to Luna.
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 am

RandomBlank wrote:
Somber wrote:Well I have some news. I got the teaching job. 11th grade English in Fallon, New Vegas.

That's how I read that. Damn you all.
Anyway, 1. Congrats, 2. I hope you'll find time for writing... And I recommend you do. Teaching job is exhausting and you NEED some kind of escape to remain sane.

Erumpet wrote:@Somber: You should totally keep us updated on how that plays out,
Seconding that. Report your "adventures" on the new job :)
Project Horizons: The Making Of.

re: spoilers. Sometimes spoilers add to enjoyment. Like, we all know this following spoiler:
Spoiler:
but not only does it not spoil the pleasure, it actually adds a very important element of anticipation. So I guess I'm enjoying the news that Stygius will be back quite a bit. And since I expect the ending to be just like Season 2 finale (everyone's invited!) this is not much news for me. Besides, Somber does not introduce new characters just to let them rot forever in one place (unless they are casualties that is), so I'm expecting most of them to return yet. Including the seaponies, the Flankfurt crew, the farmers where BJ killed the dragon, the Seahorse crew, and I wouldn't be too surprised if Spike shows up too once he's past his job at Neighvarro.

And one more personal prediction: Just like Somber granted Pinkie Pie mercy of not burning, I believe he's going to give some mercy to Luna.

Blackjack killed a dragon? When?! And Stygius is going to be back? Where did you get this. Sorry I don't do a ton of lurking.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:40 am

Was I only one, who missreaded
Somber wrote:Fallon, NV
as Fallout, NV?
Congratz, Somber. Don't worry. I know you care about your story and us. Just don't push yourself, RL first, everything else later.

I should quit playing THAT amount of games...
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:45 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Blackjack killed a dragon? When?! And Stygius is going to be back? Where did you get this. Sorry I don't do a ton of lurking.
When she had the bounty on her head. She met some Crusaders hiding from angry farmers that were accusing them of killing their brahmins. The dragon lived in some kind of underground crevice near the farm, she collapsed the roof on him.

I think Stygius' return was implied in the "alternate" batpony meeting scene of the recent chapter.

Last edited by RandomBlank on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:49 am

iLateralGX wrote:
Valikdu wrote:...so, I just tried to play New Vegas, with the same system as I did two months ago (when it worked fine). Now, it doesn't even show the intro before crashing.

Tried various stuff from the internet (like replacement graphic dll's) and did 2 reinstalls, doesn't work. What do?

System specs:

Not sure if you have the Steam version or not, but if you do, try verifying the file cache.

I did it several times. Each time it says something like "got 1 bad file, redownloading" and that's it.

Fallout 3 also doesn't work now, and it's also the install that worked previously.

Time to reinstall windows, I guess.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:21 am

Valikdu wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:
Valikdu wrote:...so, I just tried to play New Vegas, with the same system as I did two months ago (when it worked fine). Now, it doesn't even show the intro before crashing.

Tried various stuff from the internet (like replacement graphic dll's) and did 2 reinstalls, doesn't work. What do?

System specs:

Not sure if you have the Steam version or not, but if you do, try verifying the file cache.

I did it several times. Each time it says something like "got 1 bad file, redownloading" and that's it.

Fallout 3 also doesn't work now, and it's also the install that worked previously.

Run virus scans, too, and maybe a hard drive verification thing. (Along with updating drivers and whatnot) I've got very little experience with making New Vegas work, since it's always been stable for me, but none of that can hurt. Also, sometimes just restarting Windows can help, especially if you've just gotten updates that require a restart or something. Occasionally, in my experience, that can be detrimental.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:28 am

If you aren't using any solid state drives, system defragmentation keeps it running smooth. That might help.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:57 am

So I suppose invading Russia is out of the question. That means we can A) try to match wits with a Sicilian or B) stage a land war in Asia. Hmmmm decisions decisions.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:04 am

Erumpet wrote:So I suppose invading Russia is out of the question. That means we can A) try to match wits with a Sicilian or B) stage a land war in Asia. Hmmmm decisions decisions.
I think invading Russia is actually a subset of land war in Asia. And we should be okay with the Sicilian as long as death isn't on the line...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:27 am

Sindri wrote:
Erumpet wrote:So I suppose invading Russia is out of the question. That means we can A) try to match wits with a Sicilian or B) stage a land war in Asia. Hmmmm decisions decisions.
I think invading Russia is actually a subset of land war in Asia. And we should be okay with the Sicilian as long as death isn't on the line...

Just in case death is on the line... Does anybody have any iocaine powder?
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:40 am

Oh, wow, Somber... You're gonna be like 90 minutes from Lake Tahoe.. That's pretty awesome!

And yes. I also saw Fallon, NV and immediately thought "Fallout, New Vegas".
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:48 am

Same here. Derp. Derpy Hooves
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:11 am

I think we all saw NV and thought it, to be honest.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:17 am

Hey what's your little irc thing. I ended up in #falloutequestria on whatever server EqD has but I didn't recognize any names.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Alot of us use different names since a lot of us roleplay there. I use this to get to the forum.

https://client02.chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc%3A%2F%2Firc.canternet.org%3A6667%2F%2523FalloutEquestria
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:21 pm

Valikdu wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:

System specs:

Not so fast there is one last thing I can think of.
There might be a program on your computer interfering with steam doing its magic correctly.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289 If you have a program on that list I suggest turning it off. Beware it may be a background process and you may need to uninstall it completely.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:20 pm

I have had no great problem with any of the "spoilers" Somber has thrown out in the past. Most of it just kicks off more speculation and curiosity, or confirms what we already guessed.

And anyway it's all just "here is my current plan", since we have seen pretty major plot points change during the writing process. Like Glory being, you know, ALIVE.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next