Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
RandomBlank
Theta
Formis_Fluttergod
hawkeye92
Ametros
The Holy Tuna
Scyto Harmony
Vergil
iLateralGX
Meleagridis
Katarn
Derpmind
Quotidian
IncoherentOrange
tylertoon2
Valikdu
nebulous
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Custardman
OneMoreDaySK
MrMagma
Cptadder
Somber
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Aonee
Caoimhe
Ketchup
Icy Shake
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
SilentCarto
Rafafidi
Kippershy
Sindri
O. Hinds
45 posters

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:43 am

IncoherentOrange wrote:This. Few things have me excited nowadays, but that is one of them, and I am excited.

I am also considering listening to Fo:E when I have the time. That sounds like fun too.

As for Friendship is Witchcraft? I didn't really watch it, but I should. I've seen bits and pieces and it was rather much hilarious.
I've a friend who listened to the FOE audiobook (as far as it's gotten, at least) and they were quite impressed. Also, I'm thinking of reinstalling TF2 for this update. :)

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:48 am

Supposedly, if Youtube's comment section is correct (it usually is not), the update releases in, oh... thirteen minutes, as it will be August fifteenth in Seattle, where Valve headquarters is located.

Edit: Nope.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:57 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
IncoherentOrange wrote:This. Few things have me excited nowadays, but that is one of them, and I am excited.

I am also considering listening to Fo:E when I have the time. That sounds like fun too.

As for Friendship is Witchcraft? I didn't really watch it, but I should. I've seen bits and pieces and it was rather much hilarious.
I've a friend who listened to the FOE audiobook (as far as it's gotten, at least) and they were quite impressed. Also, I'm thinking of reinstalling TF2 for this update. :)

For a while, I was listening to it to fill time while driving. Then I caught up to them. It really is great; the only problem is its fairly slow update schedule.

There's also a PH audiobook, which isn't nearly as well-done, as the audio has a great deal of noise, but is workable. I've generally tried to pass it through some filtering before listening, but it's still not great quality. That said, I'm happy to have what is available, and am thankful it exists.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:05 am

Ooh, here's something a bit tangentially related to the story, actually... someone might've found a way to decrease morphine's addictive effects. Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose, since it's Newscientist and, like any non-journal, they summarize and simplify results and thus necessarily lose some of the information from the original study, but... well, if ponies had this tech, P-21 might've never gotten addicted to med-x in the first place. The link.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:11 am

This may be enough to make me start playing TF2. I've always liked the characters and background and such, and admired the design of the game, but mindless PvP fragfests have never really interested me much. Therefore this update is going to be very bad for my free time.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 am

Sindri wrote:
This may be enough to make me start playing TF2. I've always liked the characters and background and such, and admired the design of the game, but mindless PvP fragfests have never really interested me much. Therefore this update is going to be very bad for my free time.

Bah, never been to Friday night Pony Fortress 2 games, have you. Oh the screwing around I've done. :) how are some of the classes mindless anyways? Sure there are some classes where all you need to do is point and click, but then there's some creative ways to play, like the rocket jumper.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:48 am

@Somber wrote:
I'm so sorry things aren't going well, sir... If you do end up staying in Motels or anything be sure to ask them if they have any unadvertised specials! A lot of places will, but they don't just openly offer them, you have to ask.

*gives Somber a gentle hug*
And even with all this happening to you, Somber, you still put aside time for us... it saddens me deeply that there's no way I can properly express my gratitude to you or the three wonderful people that help you brushing.
Thank you all so much. *hugs each of you and Somber again*

Alright, deploying commentary. I'm very sorry it takes me so long to write these.

Chapter 49 Commentary:

"But the gift didn't matter if it wasn't what they wanted or from who they wanted it from." - Just something I was wondering about, should one of the "from" be removed here? I'm not much of an editor but it just stood out a little in re-reading, so I figured I'd ask.

6 pony party reduced to 5:

Last edited by WavemasterRyx on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I am a silly pony that forgets to spellcheck at 5 in the morning.)
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:41 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Sindri wrote:

Bah, never been to Friday night Pony Fortress 2 games, have you. Oh the screwing around I've done. :) how are some of the classes mindless anyways? Sure there are some classes where all you need to do is point and click, but then there's some creative ways to play, like the rocket jumper.
Bah playing a spy disguising yourself as a spy is some of the greatest cerebral gaming ever. Looking forward to Mann VS Machine this evening as I've not touched TF2 in.. six months now. But I always drag it out every few months for a night.

Not bad for the greatest combo game ever the 50$ I ever spent on the Orange Box... what five years ago now? Six?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:47 pm

You don't have to worry about that Ryx. I like seeing your thoughts, even if they take time to get together. Boo won't officially be a party member until the 5th arc. But she will still be involved along. But no, when I talk about the main six leaving, I mean for good. It'll still be a while before we find out who though. A couple of chapters at least. Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off better than Steelhooves tho...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Just downloaded TF2 today and began to play it.
My favourite class is definitely sniper. I pop heads like a beast while sniping.
On the console it was heavy, but I dunno, doesn't quite work out for me now.

I was top of my teams leaderboard for quite some time, too, despite going through most of the other classes and failing horribly.

Spies are fucking annoying though. I see why people say they're the noobie class of the game.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Would you kindly stop giving us your plans? I don't speak for everyone, but I want to read the story to find those out...
Please?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah...I think I'm going to need to speak up on this point, too...especially on that last post.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 pm

I forget if I asked this before but Somber: it'd be cool to see how you keep your notes and thoughts together for your writing (ie your tools and whatnot). It must be tricky at times for such a long story! Do you (if you'd like) have some spoiler free notes from old stuff you can post or scan to provide some insight?

Half of my enjoyment of literature comes from the author's thought process so this stuff is nifty to me. For instance when I write dialogue in fiction I use a mirror and say stuff aloud and monitor my facial expressions and reactions to make realistic description and so on.

Oh shit I'm late to a meeting with my editor. fuckckkkkkkk

Last edited by Caoimhe on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Kippershy wrote:Just downloaded TF2 today and began to play it.
My favourite class is definitely sniper. I pop heads like a beast while sniping.

I was top of my teams leaderboard for quite some time, too, despite going through most of the other classes and failing horribly.

Spies are fucking annoying though. I see why people say they're the noobie class of the game.
I play every class except Spy, and my favorites are in this order: Heavy, Sniper, Engineer, Scout, Medic, Pyro, Demoman, Soldier. When I do use Spy, I don't backstab. I use the Enforcer.
The game seems like the easiest one I've played to top the scoreboard.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:06 pm

ketchup504 wrote:

I play every class except Spy, and my favorites are in this order: Heavy, Sniper, Engineer, Scout, Medic, Pyro, Demoman, Soldier. When I do use Spy, I don't backstab. I use the Enforcer.

What servers do you guys hang out on? I'd love to play a game with you guys.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:11 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:

What servers do you guys hang out on? I'd love to play a game with you guys.
No specific servers other than a modded Vs. Saxton Hale server. The Pony-themed randomizer server seems to have disappeared. So no base game ones.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Hey once they release Mann vs Machine today anyone want to play a game of that?
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:52 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:Hey once they release Mann vs Machine today anyone want to play a game of that?

If I'm still awake/can be bothered, yeah, why not? My Steam account if anyone's interested, but I don't have Skype or a headset or whatever.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:59 pm

swicked wrote:
stringtheory wrote:plug for FO:E New Roam over on FiMfiction, this is the first FO:E fic I've seen which goes into the Zebra side of the war and it does so very well, there's a lot less raiders in Zebra territory, but the extremely dangerous wildlife and organized Legion, who might as well be pre-apocalypse for the level of stuff they have (they need it to battle the wildlife), make up for the low amount of raiders
the character's are awesome, with the main character having a strong sense of 'duty' and taking the danger away from others because it was his plan and no one else should get hurt, while the companions are all awesome, and I'm looking forwards to the future interaction between them
it's already almost 180,000 words long with only 11 chapters, which is very impressive
No offense, but how long does it take for the fic to pick up?
The narrator appears to have ADHD and I'm having trouble taking him seriously :P
I've heard the writing improves 4th chapter onwards
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Somber wrote:You don't have to worry about that Ryx. I like seeing your thoughts, even if they take time to get together. Boo won't officially be a party member until the 5th arc. But she will still be involved along. But no, when I talk about the main six leaving, I mean for good. It'll still be a while before we find out who though. A couple of chapters at least. Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off better than Steelhooves tho...
Wait wait wait - you mean gone FOREVER leaving?!
Well that changes things totally...
If we mean dead/injured beyond adventuring/settling down... I have to change my vote.

Rampage is the one whose story is really over. She found out who and what she is. The only thing left is for her to find a new cause, a new reason to live - or to die, finally and truly.

It's gotta be Rampage.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Time to stop punching walls about the old reply going down the toilet and throw a pale imitation out there.

Spoiler:

And going extremely light on Cerberus means a whole lot of wiggle room... which is, frankly, intimidating. And I keep hearing mention of Dise as some excellent reference, but hasn't it already been established as a location? I'm sure we've heard it before.

Somber wrote:Boo won't officially be a party member until the 5th arc.

START SPECULATING.

And if I may speak personally? Obviously I don't represent all of your readers here, but I appreciate these minimalistic previews. They never really spoil to a degree that ruins the story (for me) and they are always interesting and renew my fascination with the plot of Project Horizons. I'd be put out if you stopped.

Uh... yeah.

Caoimhe wrote:I forget if I asked this before but Somber: it'd be cool to see how you keep your notes and thoughts together for your writing (ie your tools and whatnot). It must be tricky at times for such a long story! Do you (if you'd like) have some spoiler free notes from old stuff you can post or scan to provide some insight?

If this happens... may we see? This would be fascinating.

tylertoon2 wrote:Hey once they release Mann vs Machine today anyone want to play a game of that?

Yeh sure.

swicked wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Happy2
Swicked PH semi-reading review, now with LMR pictures!

For the second time in a day Carrion leaves me awkwardly avoiding the question of why I was laughing so much. A vote isn't enough- Where is swicked's donate button?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:37 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:"But the gift didn't matter if it wasn't what they wanted or from who they wanted it from." - Just something I was wondering about, should one of the "from" be removed here? I'm not much of an editor but it just stood out a little in re-reading, so I figured I'd ask.
Hm... Maybe the first "from" could be removed, but I don't think that it works properly without both of them. Sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Ch48 music is finally up and ready for your listening pleasure. Big thanks to Mel for his help on this one.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:30 pm

@Meleagridis
Dise most likely refers to Fallout Equestria: Heroes.

In other topics, anyone wanna get together for the new Mann vs. Machine Update? Username: ChocobunnySK
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 pm

I don't have notes, per ce. Okay... I don't have notes at all. I've tried! I've tried to jot down ideas and the like. I have a few notes on my wall, but most of them haven't been updated since chapter 33. So most of it is kept in my head. I kinda know what has to happen in each chapter. Like the next chapter has the resolution of glory, going over the things in Chapel, and then the twist and fight and stuff... And hopefully I pull it off well enough that my editors can make it worth reading.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 pm

swicked wrote:I absolutely forgot Boo. Shame on me.
*now conforming to Wave's 6 to 5 reasoned speculation*
There is absolutely no reason to ever believe my speculation lol. Out of 49 chapters I've only ever been right about thinking Rampage was Twist, and even then I was barely right.

Somber wrote:You don't have to worry about that Ryx. I like seeing
your thoughts, even if they take time to get together. Boo won't
officially be a party member until the 5th arc. But she will still be
involved along. But no, when I talk about the main six leaving, I mean
for good. It'll still be a while before we find out who though. A
couple of chapters at least. Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off
better than Steelhooves tho...
Well thank you, sir. I really do wish i could write up my commentaries faster though, since I know how important they are to you, and I wish I could do more to help you out with your living expenses... *hugs*
As for the party well... I suppose it is inevitable to lose someone from the main party. Hoofington is a dangerous place, and we've been lucky to keep them all together and alive for as long as they have been.
I have every confidence you'll be able to pull it off just fine, sir. Just don't expect me not to cry, heh.
And... I know I've said it before, but please don't let how much I (or anyone else) have grown attached to Boo (or any other character) influence how you decide to write the story... No matter what happens, I'll still love your characters, and I'll keep them all alive in my heart.

@O. Hinds
- *shrugs* Admittedly, it's been a long time since my last writing class, and my teachers were mostly incompetent. To me it still seems weird, but I trust in your guys' judgement.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:21 pm

[quote="WavemasterRyx"]
swicked wrote:I absolutely forgot Boo. Shame on me.
*now conforming to Wave's 6 to 5 reasoned speculation*
There is absolutely no reason to ever believe my speculation lol. Out of 49 chapters I've only ever been right about thinking Rampage was Twist, and even then I was barely right.

Somber wrote:You don't have to worry about that Ryx. I like seeing
your thoughts, even if they take time to get together. Boo won't
officially be a party member until the 5th arc. But she will still be
involved along. But no, when I talk about the main six leaving, I mean
for good. It'll still be a while before we find out who though. A
couple of chapters at least. Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off
better than Steelhooves tho...

I don't care who it ends up being I am going to cry like a baby and be depressed for a week.

AND IT'LL BE AWESOME
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:22 pm

I welcome the impending eGrouphug therapy sessions here.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah, we do those sometimes.

In other news, Mann Vs. Machine is out.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I welcome the impending eGrouphug therapy sessions here.

I love how if we all met and real life in the same time it would be like, hugging, non stop. Just constant cuddles and hugging and feel goodness. It would be great.

I can't even start tf2 by the way -.- well I still have to try out the luna civ in civ 5. And make ponyville in the sims.

Last edited by tylertoon2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next